why is the wii selling so much?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

guiarRK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 guiarRK
Member since 2003 • 2790 Posts
it's a god awful system, casuals are killing gaming

see what you did sheep:x

3rd party developers are not even trying to make a decent game with the wii because the casuals are eating it up
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts
the awful thing is your opinion

and the games will get better, don't think that they won't
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts
because it's cheap and new and fun.

and it's a very casual oriented console.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#4 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
the awful thing is your opinion

Dragonblade01

Yes, I can't wait for Mario Party 885, Cooking Mama, and Brain Training, this is what next-gen is about.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]the awful thing is your opinion

Gamer46

Yes, I can't wait for Mario Party 885, Cooking Mama, and Brain Training, this is what next-gen is about.

it's post like that which make people sound closed minded

and what about MP3, Galaxy, and Brawl
liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts

Gamer46

Y did you buy one then?
IQ138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IQ138
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts

Gamer46

That's just your opinion man. There's tons of good stuff coming out. It's a launch system afterall.
liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 liljon546
it's a god awful system, casuals are killing gaming

see what you did sheep:x

3rd party developers are not even trying to make a decent game with the wii because the casuals are eating it up
guiarRK
Your a god awful poster.
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

Gamer46

Current-gen. C-u-r-r-e-n-t--g-e-n. Not next-gen! Sheesh.

The Wii is selling because despite what fanboys say, it IS getting good games -- Sonic, SSX Blur, Trauma Center, etc., it's cheaper than the other consoles, and because Nintendo's actually advertising for once. :o

guiarRK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 guiarRK
what an awful lineup lmao sheep but but teh metroid bore im not going to deny galaxy wont be good, but its gonna get aa'd and brawl will get aa'd also but would probably be a classic but still when you look a 3rd party, you have nothing great coming nintendo has lost its touch dont deny it noob
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gamer46
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]the awful thing is your opinion

Dragonblade01

it's post like that which make people sound closed minded

and what about MP3, Galaxy, and Brawl

Wow, 3 games in a sea of casual crap.  Why should I care?  Nintendo does not care about gamers, they care about non-gamers.  For ever game like MP 3, Galaxy, or Brawl, there are dozens of trashy games geared toward non-gamers.  Compared to PS3 and 360 which have tons of great games that can be enjoyed by all gamers.  This is how I look at this gen, if you're a gamer, you get a PS3, 360 or both, if you either don't have a lot of money, or don't really play games much any more, you get a Wii.  Wii is good for nothing more than quick 10 minute pick up and play sessions.
elmetfano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 elmetfano
Member since 2006 • 4122 Posts

Gamer46

thoose are wii repelents

HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
Wii makes non hdtv owners feel loved.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gamer46

IQ138

That's just your opinion man. There's tons of good stuff coming out. It's a launch system afterall.

What good stuff is coming out?  What is there to give a crap about besides SMG, MP 3, and SSBB?  NOTHING, not a damn game is worth it, unless you like mini-games or stupid simulations.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="guiarRK"]what an awful lineup lmao sheep but but teh metroid bore im not going to deny galaxy wont be good, but its gonna get aa'd and brawl will get aa'd also but would probably be a classic but still when you look a 3rd party, you have nothing great coming nintendo has lost its touch dont deny it noob

who cares about 3rd party or 1st party, people make a big deal about that but it doesn't really matter, all that matters is that the games are good

and it's not like nintendo has 0 3rd party support, if it did than the gamecube would have had a MUCH smaller library
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
It's cheap enough so that the mass market is willing to pay for it as a gift or for themselves without feeling like they made a house payment. Also it's "new" and fun enough. It will continue to sell well and if the ds is any proof things could be changing (maybe not for the best) as far as gaming is concerned.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="IQ138"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]the awful thing is your opinion

Gamer46

What good stuff is coming out? What is there to give a crap about besides SMG, MP 3, and SSBB? NOTHING, not a damn game is worth it, unless you like mini-games or stupid simulations.

and if someone did then it would be a problem? once again, the closed-mindedness
alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
because its cheap and fun
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gamer46

liljon546

Y did you buy one then?

I'm really starting to question that myself.  I guess I thought it'd still have enough stuff in between all the mini-games and cooking sims to keep me happy since I all ready had a 360 as well.  Unfortunately though, it's come to my attention that Nintendo really does NOT care about gamers.  They are trying to push casual crap on us and this was confirmed by Miyamoto's boring GDC speech.
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

What good stuff is coming out?  What is there to give a crap about besides SMG, MP 3, and SSBB?  NOTHING, not a damn game is worth it, unless you like mini-games or stupid simulations.
Gamer46

Nothing? Nothing??!?!

April 9th.

Super Paper Mario.

You call that nothing?
You call a sequel to two AAA games nothing?
You call a game that's created by one Nintendo's greatest divisions (Intelligent Systems) NOTHING?!

guiarRK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 guiarRK
casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gamer46
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="IQ138"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]the awful thing is your opinion

Dragonblade01

What good stuff is coming out? What is there to give a crap about besides SMG, MP 3, and SSBB? NOTHING, not a damn game is worth it, unless you like mini-games or stupid simulations.

and if someone did then it would be a problem? once again, the closed-mindedness

It is a problem in my opinion because it is ruining an industry that I've enjoyed taking part in for years.  If Nintendo wins I'll have to stop gaming because there will no longer be a place for stuff like MGS, Resident Evil, etc.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
[QUOTE="guiarRK"]what an awful lineup lmao sheep but but teh metroid bore im not going to deny galaxy wont be good, but its gonna get aa'd and brawl will get aa'd also but would probably be a classic but still when you look a 3rd party, you have nothing great coming nintendo has lost its touch dont deny it noob

Your attempted console bashing is below average even for SW's abysmal standards.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="guiarRK"]casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers

not really, they are contributing to it

and all consoles "combine" both of them, the difference is what the company's initial target group was; eventually, however, everyone tends to notice the consoles, not just a certain group
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gamer46

[QUOTE="Gamer46"]
Moon_of_Majora

Nothing? Nothing??!?!

April 9th.

Super Paper Mario.

You call that nothing?
You call a game that's created by one Nintendo's greatest divisions (Intelligent Systems) NOTHING?!

It's not a big deal.  Even if you add that to SMG, MP 3, and SSBB, the games the other systems have coming out this year trump what the Wii has.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="TNT_Slug"][QUOTE="guiarRK"]what an awful lineup lmao sheep but but teh metroid bore im not going to deny galaxy wont be good, but its gonna get aa'd and brawl will get aa'd also but would probably be a classic but still when you look a 3rd party, you have nothing great coming nintendo has lost its touch dont deny it noob

Your attempted console bashing is below average even for SW's abysmal standards.

almost, he hasn't used leet yet
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

[QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="IQ138"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]the awful thing is your opinion

Gamer46

It is a problem in my opinion because it is ruining an industry that I've enjoyed taking part in for years.  If Nintendo wins I'll have to stop gaming because there will no longer be a place for stuff like MGS, Resident Evil, etc.

That isn't true at all. As long as games can sell 2-5M copies games like RE, Gears, GOW, FF, HALO will continue even if the industry went all casual "fun easy" for the mass market. Companies are trying to expand to more than gamers and the only way to do that is to find out what would appeal to them. and nintendo is doing it and others will follow. That's just how business evoles over time.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Because it's awesome.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]

[QUOTE="Gamer46"]
Gamer46

Nothing? Nothing??!?!

April 9th.

Super Paper Mario.

You call that nothing?

It's not a big deal. Even if you add that to SMG, MP 3, and SSBB, the games the other systems have coming out this year trump what the Wii has.

the word is "subjective", if you prefer nintendo's games, then play them; if you don't prefer them, then don't play them
sauska_sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 sauska_sun
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
[QUOTE="guiarRK"]casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers

your attempt at bashing has failed, all u do is say the same thing over again LOL... its not killing gaming its attracting non gamers that have never played games. Its much easyer to learn the controls unlike in another controlers when u have to remember wat button to press and get used to it...
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gamer46
[QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="guiarRK"]casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers

and all consoles "combine" both of them, the difference is what the company's initial target group was; eventually, however, everyone tends to notice the consoles, not just a certain group

Wrong!  If Nintendo has their way there will no longer be a place for stuff like MGS, RE 5, Assassin's Creed, Halo, GTA, Mass Effect, and many others.  Nintendo wants to kill gaming as we know it, Miyamoto said as much in his speech.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TrueReligion_
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="guiarRK"]casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers

Wrong!  If Nintendo has their way there will no longer be a place for stuff like MGS, RE 5, Assassin's Creed, Halo, GTA, Mass Effect, and many others.  Nintendo wants to kill gaming as we know it, Miyamoto said as much in his speech.

If you hate it so much, why do you own one?
sauska_sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sauska_sun
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="guiarRK"]casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers

LOL no they dont...
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gamer46

[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="IQ138"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]the awful thing is your opinion

cjnwo4life

It is a problem in my opinion because it is ruining an industry that I've enjoyed taking part in for years. If Nintendo wins I'll have to stop gaming because there will no longer be a place for stuff like MGS, Resident Evil, etc.

That isn't true at all. As long as games can sell 2-5M copies games like RE, Gears, GOW, FF, HALO will continue even if the industry went all casual "fun easy" for the mass market. Companies are trying to expand to more than gamers and the only way to do that is to find out what would appeal to them. and nintendo is doing it and others will follow. That's just how business evoles over time.

Exactly, others will follow Nintendo's lead and forget about the people who put them in the position they're in today.  The dumbing down of video games has begun.

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dragonblade01

Wrong! If Nintendo has their way there will no longer be a place for stuff like MGS, RE 5, Assassin's Creed, Halo, GTA, Mass Effect, and many others. Nintendo wants to kill gaming as we know it, Miyamoto said as much in his speech.

kill, or "change", those are two completely different words (the latter being something which miyamoto seems more likely to use) and odds are he is implying that the wii will do it, and for anyone who wants it; if you don't, then don't get the wii
thewarpstar18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thewarpstar18
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts
Its god awful in you opinion.

As to why it is selling so much it is because first and foremost it is cheap,  casual games and non games like the word "cheap" almost as much as the word "Free." To many casual or non-gamers $400 or $600 seem very pricey heck i know some people who wouldn't pay over $50 for any game(which is around the Wii price for all games, you know without tax.)

Second as the sales prove their are a lot more casual gamers and non gamers than people originally thought.

Third, People like the WiiMote( and Nunchuck) controls  that the Wii brings to the table (a lot of people, going by the figures.)

These are the reasons in my opinion why the Wii is selling so well. Also i don't think that the Xbox 360 or PS3(even though it is in third place) is selling badly. I mean come one 10 million systems and around 2 million systems for the PS3(that's a lot.) To me 100 people seems big so i could just imagine the size of 2 million(wow).

Lastly i think it is a good thing that it is selling so well, it gives MS and Sony competition and i think that competition is good for consumers.

All of this is just my opinion
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
[QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]

[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="IQ138"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]the awful thing is your opinion

Gamer46

It is a problem in my opinion because it is ruining an industry that I've enjoyed taking part in for years. If Nintendo wins I'll have to stop gaming because there will no longer be a place for stuff like MGS, Resident Evil, etc.

Exactly, others will follow Nintendo's lead and forget about the people who put them in the position they're in today.  The dumbing down of video games has begun.

If the only good game is one with violence and sex in it, then the dumbing down of games and gamers started a while ago.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gamer46
[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="guiarRK"]casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers

Wrong! If Nintendo has their way there will no longer be a place for stuff like MGS, RE 5, Assassin's Creed, Halo, GTA, Mass Effect, and many others. Nintendo wants to kill gaming as we know it, Miyamoto said as much in his speech.

Because I originally had high hopes for it, but recently I've come to the realization that Nintendo just doesn't care about people like me, people who have been playing games for years.  It is a good system for parties also, I won't deny that, but for single player games, it's useless.  At least 360 and PS3 have games like Mass Effect, and MGS to look forward to.  But if Nintendo succeeds in what they're trying to do, MS and Sony will follow and thus the beginning of the end of the industry as we've known it will be over.  It will be about mini-games, and cooking and pet raising sims and Brain training games, and less about real games.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]

Gamer46

Exactly, others will follow Nintendo's lead and forget about the people who put them in the position they're in today. The dumbing down of video games has begun.

dumbing down, i doubt it; there will always be a place for the various genres; for some reason you people think that nintendo is actuall trying to kill gaming franchises, which isn't good business fist of all; second they couldn't do it anyway because there will always be competition, which the franchises can be developed on
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gamer46
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]

ranger_waha

Exactly, others will follow Nintendo's lead and forget about the people who put them in the position they're in today. The dumbing down of video games has begun.

If the only good game is one with violence and sex in it, then the dumbing down of games and gamers started a while ago.

Yes, Lord knows that's all games are focused on today. Please Nintendo, save us with you're awesome cooking simulators. :roll:
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TrueReligion_
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="guiarRK"]casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers

Because I originally had high hopes for it, but recently I've come to the realization that Nintendo just doesn't care about people like me, people who have been playing games for years.  It is a good system for parties also, I won't deny that, but for single player games, it's useless.  At least 360 and PS3 have games like Mass Effect, and MGS to look forward to.  But if Nintendo succeeds in what they're trying to do, MS and Sony will follow and thus the beginning of the end of the industry as we've known it will be over.  It will be about mini-games, and cooking and pet raising sims and Brain training games, and less about real games.

You should have done your re-search before buying it. Don't blame Nintendo for something that doesn't interest you.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="guiarRK"]casuals are killing gaming a system like 360 combines both hardcore and casual gamers

Because I originally had high hopes for it, but recently I've come to the realization that Nintendo just doesn't care about people like me, people who have been playing games for years. It is a good system for parties also, I won't deny that, but for single player games, it's useless. At least 360 and PS3 have games like Mass Effect, and MGS to look forward to. But if Nintendo succeeds in what they're trying to do, MS and Sony will follow and thus the beginning of the end of the industry as we've known it will be over. It will be about mini-games, and cooking and pet raising sims and Brain training games, and less about real games.

oh please, those are called "genres", nintendo won't just have those kinds of games on its console forever; the reason that there are a lot now is because those kinds of games appeal to casuals more than to the hardcore group; nintendo will eventually put other genres on their console
liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 liljon546
[QUOTE="guiarRK"]lol you think I care what some noob on the internet thinks about me hahahahahah LOSEEEEEEER

liljon lol what a dumb name

Wow, someone with a Xanga calling me a loser. Pathetic.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]

Gamer46

Yes, Lord knows that's all games are focused on today. Please Nintendo, save us with you're awesome cooking simulators. :roll:

i cannot stress this enough: CLOSED-MINDEDNESS
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gamer46
[QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="Gamer46"][QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]

Dragonblade01

i cannot stress this enough: CLOSED-MINDEDNESS

You're right, I should just buy Nintendogs and enjoy it, I mean it's not like I have a dog in real life, I need a video game one too.
zachdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 zachdragon
Member since 2005 • 1707 Posts
The Wii is selling because its simply better the PS3 isnt selling because its expensive and the 360 is slowing down because people rather get Wii
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
Nongamers are buying it.
gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

liljon546

Y did you buy one then?

He doesn't actually own one, he's just bashing on it. Bash on what's a success will bite you in the butt later on. I'm talking about you'll eventually buy one.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
It's pretty simple. Things that are fun sell.