Why is GT5 and Polyphony getting so much hate from a EXTREMELY COMPRESSED DEMO

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hamzah1235
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

Ever since the release of the PHYSICS DEMO that was extremely compressed, GT5 and Polyphony have been getting hate from what i would find ignorant,idiotic people, just because of an extremely compressed demo that is meant to show off the physics of the game. Did anybody see previous gameplay videos of GT5?! They looked incredible, as all aspects of the game looked gorgeous and completely blew away Forza motorsport 3 graphically(keep in mind that i respect TURN 10 and their efforts, but if fanboys are going to insult a developer based on a stripped down version of GT5 that was extremely compressed, merely to show the physics of the game, than you people are just plainly lemmings, and will have no choice but to insult your game). Also keep in mind that GT5 will have much more content than FM 3, and an example is that GT5 will feature 1000 cars, while FM 3 only had 400 cars, and the car models in GT5 have twice the amounts of polygons(meaning the car models are twice as detailed as the FM 3 car models,proven fact).

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
oh the irony at its finest,didn't cows hate forza 3 since it was announced,and GT5 doesn't blow forza 3 in anyways.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
how do you know it was super compressed. 203mb, its one track 1 car, and a tuned version with a spoiler and the software behiend it. its not very compressed if it were then the game would have multiple bluray discs.
Avatar image for LiquidSnake1001
LiquidSnake1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LiquidSnake1001
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts
I don't understand why they didn't just release a full demo to aviod all this flack it's hardly a good show for the game, but what do I know I suck at racing sims. I thought forza 3 was better though from both demos.
hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hamzah1235

lol hi mayceV. anyways, its even stated before you start the demo that this in no way represents the final build of the game, though it represents the physics of the game, which is what its intended purposes are.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Well after all the threads about how amazing the graphics where and seeing screenshots, I was really excited about downloading the demo. But the game dosen't look any better than any of the latest racing games released, its not setting the bar for graphics in a racing game like it did on PS2, going by that track and car the graphics if Forza 3 are better, the tracks look better in Forza.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

If you really care, you should look at it this way:

The more hate it gets, the more ownage there is to be had if it turns out to be fantastic.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

lol hi mayceV. anyways, its even stated before you start the demo that this in no way represents the final build of the game, though it represents the physics of the game, which is what its intended purposes are.

hamzah1235
What demo doesn't say that?
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts
Previous GT5 vids looked better cause: a) Track in city = more objects on track b) Offscreens c) it still had same technical issues (shadows/textures/bitmaps) I hear about those 1000 cars all the time....but i wonder how many DIFFERENT cars do they really have. After seeing over 50 Skylines listed...i doubt it really have more that 300 different models.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mayceV
okay I finished reading your post, the first comment was aout the title this one is the rest. FM3's car models are just as detailed why? in the garage mode the cars have many more polygons than 200k and those need to fit on a disk that can't carry as much data. 6.8 gigs + 1.9 from the install. thats 8.7 gigs. so if anything is compressed its FM3 and it still looks good. FM3 has more tracks than GT5.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mayceV

hamzah1235
I know. wait how did you get to a comp? anyway the game isn't compressed. and every demo says that.
hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hamzah1235

mayceV, i know that FM 3 looks great, but you of all people have practically seen the GT5 gameplay vids and you know how gorgeous it looks texturing wise as well as the rest of the graphical aspects of the game. Im not at all trying to offend forza sorry :)

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tessellation
GT5 doesn't look better than Forza 3.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mayceV

mayceV, i know that FM 3 looks great, but you of all people have practically seen the GT5 gameplay vids and you know how gorgeous it looks texturing wise as well as the rest of the graphical aspects of the game. Im not at all trying to offend forza sorry :)

hamzah1235

don't mind forza, is a game its a game it doesn't get offended, fanboys do though(I'm not though)but you never know it may actually look like that. besides the physics weren't too good. rail driving is still there. and a demo should look close to a game's final version.

Jake145222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jake145222
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts
It still doesn't change the fact that its ugly as sin. I mean they worked that hard just to end up making 2d trees and cardboard people,lol. Forza is better in every single way IMO. In fact on the GT boards and n4g..alot of people were complaining about the physics as well. A demo is supposed to represent what he final game is going to most likely end up like. A demo is supposed to get you excited for the game. Right now it failed at that.
hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hamzah1235

mayceV, im staying at my uncles house in Dubai for 2 more days till i come back to Amman, Jordan, and yes the demo is extremely compressed, as its rumored that GT5 will require a whopping 3 blu-ray disks for its content

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mayceV

mayceV, im staying at my uncles house in Dubai for 2 more days till i come back to Amman, Jordan, and yes the demo is extremely compressed, as its rumored that GT5 will require a whopping 3 blu-ray disks for its content

hamzah1235
then that would suck and destroy blue ray and all that it stands for. and we don't know if those 3 discs are blue ray or even part of the game they could be extra content like sound track and how he game is made.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Supabul

hamzah1235
3 disc's i'm not getting up to change disc's, PS3 should have gone with a bigger format for their games
hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hamzah1235

mayceV, well when i told you that if they were to port MGS4 to the 360 , it would require 5 DVD disks, and you said that would be fine for you, but i guess since its blu-ray, it sucks for you right?

hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hamzah1235

People, i said it was a rumor that they were going to have 3 blu-ray disks, i think its 99% not true, im merely stating a rumor

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mayceV

mayceV, well when i told you that if they were to port MGS4 to the 360 , it would require 5 DVD disks, and you said that would be fine for you, but i guess since its blu-ray, it sucks for you right?

hamzah1235
you had to wait for each 3 minute download so it would be like switching discs either way I would have to wait for MGS 4 its a story driven game that went a certian way specified and straight. imagine if some car you wanted was on the first disk and the track was on the second. that would cause a lot of problems. it 1 blue ray and the others are more content most probably, 1 for soundtrack and video docs and the second would probably be something to teach you how to drive best.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Supabul

People, i said it was a rumor that they were going to have 3 blu-ray disks, i think its 99% not true, im merely stating a rumor

hamzah1235
A rumour oh thank god, I really thought the game was going to be on 3 blu-ray, I mean a racing game at 150gigs was really believable
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tessellation

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]GT5 doesn't look better than Forza 3.Ultimaspooges

Need your eyes fixed mate? GT5:P overall looked sliiighty better.

No it doesn't and i have GT5p,GT5 demo and Forza 3,sorry i don't see things with fanboy goggles.
Jake145222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jake145222
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts
I agree tessellation...Forza 3 looks better
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

[QUOTE="Ultimaspooges"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]GT5 doesn't look better than Forza 3.Tessellation

No it doesn't and i have GT5p,GT5 demo and Forza 3,sorry i don't see things with fanboy goggles.

I gots em all too. Cars and cockpit look better in GT and the environments look wayyyy better in Forza.

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="Ultimaspooges"] Need your eyes fixed mate? GT5:P overall looked sliiighty better.

good_sk8er7

I gots em all too. Cars and cockpit look better in GT and the environments look wayyyy better in Forza.

Whch is ironic because some cows were trying to hype how GT was going to be better becuase of the backgrounds and crowds in the stands.

BTW I'm not interested as to how the game looks, I'm interested in how the game plays. Don't try to convince me GT is more realistic, it never was. I remember a race in Forza 3 were I hit a barrier with the left front tire. I damaged it so bad my car pulled to the left. I hit a wall an then my car just spun around in circles. I've never done anything remotely close to that in Generic Turismo...

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

keep in mind Forza3 gets its fair share of hate too..

however GT5's hate is comingMOSTLY from well known 360 fanboys in these boards, while there are a few others who seem to like racing titles (in general) who posted their concerns in a mature way..

My expectations for GT5 are high and i truly hope they will be met once the game gets released... I would love to have the choice of playing 2 great racing (sim) titles next year..

Also why are people concerned about Gt5's visuals, we do know the final game will look amazing, dont base your opinions on how the track in GT Academy looks.. lets wait till a nearly final build is shown next year (with a few tracks / cars) displaying visuals, physics & damage system all together :)

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

The demo was specifically designed for this competition to showcase the realism of the brand-new physics engine and to challenge players' driving skills using professional driving physics and many of the driving assists disabled. The full Gran Turismo 5 will feature multiple driving assists and various settings that can be changed to make the game easier or more challenging and realistic.
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5147.html

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
Insecurity of fanboys.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
I don't understand why they didn't just release a full demo to aviod all this flack it's hardly a good show for the game,.LiquidSnake1001
I agree. Releasing a demo this late in the game that looks this bad was a bad idea (even if it is a physics demo). they should have released a bigger demo with eye candy turned on.
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
It's PD fault for releasing a demo that does not represent the final product!
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Because since the physics are so good lems have to do damage control on the graphics, even though that's not what the demo shows off.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

They are getting hated on because they deserve it. Don't put out a crappy demo. And it is amazing how freaking hypocritical people are. people wouldn't shut up about how lame the Forza 3 demo was, now people are getting butthurt over some crap that Polyphony put out. It is a lousy demo especially considering how long it's taking the game to come out AND considering the fact that they charged for an earlier demo.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

I've said the demo looks bad, but I know why it does look bad. I'm not worried about the full game looking anything like this demo. I know it will be amazing and look better than Forza 3, which also looks great! :D

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

the demo is suppose to give you a taste of what to expect from the full game, sadly cows dont wanna admit it coz even they know the game looks mediocre

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Doolz2024

the demo is suppose to give you a taste of what to expect from the full game

sikanderahmed

It's supposed to give you a preview of how the physics will be (which are amazing)

However, some people actually think the full game will look like this 200 MB demo designed solely to show off the physics. :roll:

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

hamzah1235
All demos say that.
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
GT5 is not receiving a lot of hate. The opinions expressed on these forums and other forums, only represent a small percentage of the gaming community. All of these threads we see popping up in system wars and wherever are insignificant in comparison to the potential size of the audience GT5 could attract. Take the hate the PC version of MW2 received -- much greater that what GT5 is receiving, and yet MW2 still sold like crazy even on the PC. In other words, if you are worried about what some people are saying on these boards, don't be. No ones' opinion matters here.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

It's supposed to give you a preview of how the physics will be (which are amazing)

However, some people actually think the full game will look like this 200 MB demo designed solely to show off the physics. :roll:

Why would they do that? Why compress the game, and make it look like garbage just to show off the physics? It doesn't make any sense. Repeat this sentence out loud: "Hey Frank, let's compress the hell out of our game, and make the graphics look like crap so we can show off the physics." Sounds ridiculous once you say it out loud, doesn't it? Stop making excuses.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Doolz2024
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

Why would they do that? Why compress the game, and make it look like garbage just to show off the physics? It doesn't make any sense. Repeat this sentence out loud: "Hey Frank, let's compress the hell out of our game, and make the graphics look like crap so we can show off the physics." Sounds ridiculous once you say it out loud, doesn't it? Stop making excuses.

If all they want to show off is the physics, then it makes perfect sense.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="Ultimaspooges"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]GT5 doesn't look better than Forza 3.Tessellation

yes it does look better and has twice the number of cars and 4xAA on top of its far superior lighting:)
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MortalDecay

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]It's supposed to give you a preview of how the physics will be (which are amazing)

Doolz2024

No, it doesn't. All they did was show people that GT5 doesn't look as good as it once did. Why just show off the physics, and not the whole game? That makes NO sense. I think people have dug themselves such a deep hole when saying that GT5 is going to destroy Forza 3, that since it's not going to, they'll make any excuse in the world as to why it doesn't look as good as they thought it would.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MortalDecay

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="Ultimaspooges"] Need your eyes fixed mate? GT5:P overall looked sliiighty better.

killzowned24

yes it does look better and has twice the number of cars and 4xAA on top of its far superior lighting:)

It better have something, because it looks nowhere near as good as it did a year ago. :lol:

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 heretrix

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]It's supposed to give you a preview of how the physics will be (which are amazing)

Doolz2024

Actually, that doesn't make sense at all. And they would have called it a physics demo instead of a time trial. Where is all of this physics demo crap coming from anyway. I thought this demo was for the GT academy contest?

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mayceV

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"] Why would they do that? Why compress the game, and make it look like garbage just to show off the physics? It doesn't make any sense. Repeat this sentence out loud: "Hey Frank, let's compress the hell out of our game, and make the graphics look like crap so we can show off the physics." Sounds ridiculous once you say it out loud, doesn't it? Stop making excuses.MortalDecay

No, it doesn't. All they did was show people that GT5 doesn't look as good as it once did. Why just show off the physics, and not the whole game? That makes NO sense. I think people have dug themselves such a deep hole when saying that GT5 is going to destroy Forza 3, that since it's not going to, they'll make any excuse in the world as to why it doesn't look as good as they thought it would.

yup this is sytems wars, and the physics aren't as good as people think either. and I'm not too bad at the bame my lap time is about 1:50 with the tuned and I never tried the stanard. it really shows when you play around with it. rail driveing, and the slide of a lifetime (i accelerated as I was side ways....) both made the demo more fun for me :)
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killzowned24

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="Tessellation"] No it doesn't and i have GT5p,GT5 demo and Forza 3,sorry i don't see things with fanboy goggles.MortalDecay

It better have something, because it looks nowhere near as good as it did a year ago. :lol:

please im sure forza would look even worse doing the same track. Btw I dont think it looks bad at all and is a high speed track so the ground texture doesnt even mean much especially in the beautiful cockpit view.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 heretrix

killzowned24

Isn't the AA used only in photomode? If prologue is anything to go by prepare to have your eyeballs slashed by jaggies. Not that there is anything wrong with having jaggies ingame, but with the limited amount of ram the PS3 has, 4X AA at 1080p and 60 frames per sec sounds bit like fantasy to me.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50650 Posts

It gets tired stating the obvious over and over again, so just wait for the release and they'll all have nothing to talk about. It's just not worth it anymore lol.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 killzowned24

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="Tessellation"] No it doesn't and i have GT5p,GT5 demo and Forza 3,sorry i don't see things with fanboy goggles.heretrix

Isn't the AA used only in photomode? If prologue is anything to go by prepare to have your eyeballs slashed by jaggies. Not that there is anything wrong with having jaggies ingame, but with the limited amount of ram the PS3 has, 4X AA at 1080p and 60 frames per sec sounds bit like fantasy to me.

720 4XAA 1080 2XAA