why is everybody such a graphic crazed nutjob?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSolution3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSolution3k
Member since 2005 • 224 Posts
Games in general are looking very impressive on all the next gen consoles(including PC) so why take sides and bash the rivaling opponents' graphic hardwares?
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts
It's all about immersion.  If you're not at the top of the game (in development), then you're second rate.  Video games, I believe, are much of an escape to some people while at other times they're more of an experience.  In both cases, we live in fictional, alternate worlds where what we imagine becomes real.  That's why duplicating the image of reality is a high selling point.
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
Personally I thought graphics got as good as they needed to be with Black on ps2, that was very immersing....I just wish devs would focus more on AI and stuff as well as more complex modeling for blood and gore-- imagine playing a game with photorealistic tissue destruction and fully internally modeled characters.....not to mention more game ideas like an MMO for non D&Ders.....like a GTA MMO...
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
Why harp on graphics?! Have you seen the crappy visuals on the Wii?! XD
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
It's all about immersion.  If you're not at the top of the game (in development), then you're second rate.  Video games, I believe, are much of an escape to some people while at other times they're more of an experience.  In both cases, we live in fictional, alternate worlds where what we imagine becomes real.  That's why duplicating the image of reality is a high selling point.Basinboy
That's a rather narrow view. Good graphics do not always mean more realistic.