Why is diablo 3 the fastest selling game of all time if PC gaming is dying?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

all the console gamers keep saying they don't want d3 pc gaming is dying

why is the fastest selling game of all time than?

why is it doing so well if pc is dying on consoles are the future can u explain that one ot me consoel gamers?

also yah might wanna check that out i mean its rate its selling faster than moder warfare might wanna look into that one

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

all the console gamers keep saying they don't want d3 pc gaming is dying

why is the fastest selling game of all time than?

why is it doing so well if pc is dying on consoles are the future can u explain that one ot me consoel gamers?

also yah might wanna check that out i mean its rate its selling faster than moder warfare might wanna look into that one

ProtossX
The "PC gaming is dying" threads died a long time ago, there is nothing to discuss here.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I don't mean to sound rude, but this thread seems like proof that we need a "proper spelling and grammar" clause in the ToU.

Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

The best, most popular and fastest selling Microsoft's Windows (PC) titles are games that have low requirements and are graphically inferior (e.g. SC2, Diablo 3, FarmVille). I wonder why PC graphics are being priased so much when its most popular games have graphics that rival those of PlayStation 2 or older.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

ProtossX should stop making threads.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Why did the Chicken cross the road?
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Ain't got no other games to play?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
How can a dead system be dying forever? derp
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
Better question is, why is ProtossX still making threads?
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
Well, fans have waited 12 years for the game, and Blizzard just never seems to release a bad game, so........
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

lundy86_4

Adblocking b/c ponies.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
because the pirates are looting all their treasure b4 the pirate ship sinks!!!!
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

coolbeans90

Adblocking b/c ponies.

Cool.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Fastest selling game of all time? Source? Last I saw, Diablo 3's sales to date were right around MW3's day-1 total.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Fastest sellung game of all time? Source? Last I saw, Diablo 3's sales to date were right around MW3's day-1 total.lowe0
Fastest selling PC game of all time. TC is an idiot, come on.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Because Blizzard are masters of PC gaming and know how to make a buck on it (quality games + hype + good protection + low requirements = success).

They also make one of the best CGI in the industry.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Because PC gaming is actually the main way most people play games. Retail PC game sales are soon to be extinct, though. I can't remember the last time I went to a store and saw a nice selection of PC titles on store shelves. Hell, Frys had like 20 the last time I went... couldn't believe it.
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#18 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

PC gaming isn't dying. You are a fool to think that it is

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

The best, most popular and fastest selling Microsoft's Windows (PC) titles are games that have low requirements and are graphically inferior (e.g. SC2, Diablo 3, FarmVille). I wonder why PC graphics are being priased so much when its most popular games have graphics that rival those of PlayStation 2 or older.

Click_Clock

And the fastest selling console game (CoD) is a graphical beast! SC2 and D2 cannot be done on PS2 lol.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

Fastest selling PC game.

...and of course it is, what else are you going to buy?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
PC gaming has and always will be thriving.
MicrosoftRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MicrosoftRules
Member since 2012 • 835 Posts

PC gaming is not dying, Sony fanboys say that to distance themselves from the fact that they all own a PC to have Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Minecraft, Gears of War 3, and Alan Wake among other Xbox 360 games.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="fadersdream"]

Fastest selling PC game.

LOL wanna stack up the PC's high ranking games vs your platform of choice for the year so far? :lol:
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#25 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Click_Clock
Show me a PS2 game that looks better than WoW. You're puzzled at people praising PC graphics because some PC games have poor graphics. You're not very good at using common sense.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

PC gaming is not dying, Sony fanboys say that to distance themselves from the fact that they all own a PC to have Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Minecraft, Gears of War 3, and Alan Wake among other Xbox 360 games.

MicrosoftRules
The cows love to bash PC gaming then accuse PC gamers of being lems when they take apart their arguments :lol:
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Why is it only PC gamers who bring up the dying PC argument? That argument ended long ago

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Why is it only PC gamers who bring up the drying PC argument? That argument ended long agoSaltyMeatballs
1 the TC is probably 10 by the way he types 2 you still get morons who try and argue it fairly regularly - or who claim that there are no games on the PC (see top of page)
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Why is it only PC gamers who bring up the drying PC argument? That argument ended long agoblue_hazy_basic
1 the TC is probably 10 by the way he types 2 you still get morons who try and argue it fairly regularly - or who claim that there are no games on the PC (see top of page)

Thread starter guy is a cliche idiot troll, always making stupid ass threads. I can't get these cliche trolls. They find entertainment in making fools of them selfs on forums. At least i get smart trolls wasting time.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

274539_100000582535198_5635857_n.jpg:cry:

Because buying D3 is akin to buying flowers to lay on the grave ? :twisted:

I kid, I kid. :P

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fadersdream
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"]

Fastest selling PC game.

LOL wanna stack up the PC's high ranking games vs your platform of choice for the year so far? :lol:

PC butthurt. But no, I don't. Because I'm really really scared of you. ... and because I've heard it all before and it's always the same regurgitated hermit-vomit as always. All output, no input. And a million technicalities or unknowns. Seriously you're the only group that actually tries to argue numbers by saying "steam doesn't publish that information, so there's no way to tell" and then you act like that counts as higher sales... and then obligatory newzoo charts. It gets so old and it makes this forum a chore. Be original.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"]

Fastest selling PC game.

PC butthurt. But no, I don't. Because I'm really really scared of you. ... and because I've heard it all before and it's always the same regurgitated hermit-vomit as always. All output, no input. And a million technicalities or unknowns. Seriously you're the only group that actually tries to argue numbers by saying "steam doesn't publish that information, so there's no way to tell" and then you act like that counts as higher sales... and then obligatory newzoo charts. It gets so old and it makes this forum a chore. Be original.

hmmm sounds like you've had a bunch of butthurt before! :( Did you make these silly claims before and get smacked down? I'm sorry, how about some butt salve? Anyways, no techicalities at all. The games that GS has reviewed this year for PC vs your console. What does any of that have to do with steam? Seriously you consolites have a severe complex.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

because pc gamers have their die hard fans of that series and when its been 10 years since a new game in the series comes out its going to sell like hotcakes...anymore questions?

ALSO keep in mind that there is a pc in probably 70% of american homes..so if you go by those numbers it didnt sell very well at all right?

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fadersdream

[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] LOL wanna stack up the PC's high ranking games vs your platform of choice for the year so far? :lol:blue_hazy_basic

hmmm sounds like you've had a bunch of butthurt before! :( Did you make these silly claims before and get smacked down? I'm sorry, how about some butt salve? Anyways, no techicalities at all. The games that GS has reviewed this year for PC vs your console. What does any of that have to do with steam? Seriously you consolites have a severe complex.

We do. We're bored.

We're all bored, you're boring.

I don't want to get into a quantify/qualify argument, but I don't think you're right about games (unless this some exclusivety argument) and the PC games that have come out this year have gotten really terrible reviews. It's a lot of bad games, We all know PC gets hundreds of games, and we know that most of them are horrible... and the great get ported and sell really well elsewhere.

But you're right, I'm butthurt, I have been owned or whatever. Want a cookie?

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
ProtossX thread. Move on, gentlemen.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

It's well known that on SW, PC gaming is dying every year.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

Ain't got no other games to play?Badosh

no no no, that one is used for the 360...... find something else to say :P

nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nismo8000
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts

because gaming pcs cost like $6,000 and you have to replace them like every 4 months.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"] PC butthurt. But no, I don't. Because I'm really really scared of you. ... and because I've heard it all before and it's always the same regurgitated hermit-vomit as always. All output, no input. And a million technicalities or unknowns. Seriously you're the only group that actually tries to argue numbers by saying "steam doesn't publish that information, so there's no way to tell" and then you act like that counts as higher sales... and then obligatory newzoo charts. It gets so old and it makes this forum a chore. Be original.fadersdream

We do. We're bored.

I don't want to get into a quantify/qualify argument, but I don't think you're right about games (unless this some exclusivety argument) and the PC games that have come out this year have gotten really terrible reviews. It's a lot of bad games, We all know PC gets hundreds of games, and we know that most of them are horrible... and the great get ported and sell really well elsewhere.

I'm playing Diablo 3 (8.5 on GS and higher on MC) and crusader Kings 2 (8.0 on GS) atm and yes a cookie would be awesome thanks! :)
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts
[QUOTE="fadersdream"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] hmmm sounds like you've had a bunch of butthurt before! :( Did you make these silly claims before and get smacked down? I'm sorry, how about some butt salve? Anyways, no techicalities at all. The games that GS has reviewed this year for PC vs your console. What does any of that have to do with steam? Seriously you consolites have a severe complex. blue_hazy_basic

We do. We're bored.

I'm playing Diablo 3 (8.5 on GS and higher on MC) and crusader Kings 2 (8.0 on GS) atm and yes a cookie would be awesome thanks! :)

Not to mention Shogun 2 fall of the Samurai(8.5),Lone Survivor(8.5),Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery(9.0),Tribes Ascend(87 on MC),Legend of Grimrock(8.0),Wargame: European Escalation(8.5),Botanicula(8.5),Dear Esther(8.0),among others and all the best version of multiplats,no other system is even close this year.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"] We do. We're bored.

Nanomage

Not to mention Shogun 2 fall of the Samurai(8.5),Lone Survivor(8.5),Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery(9.0),Tribes Ascend(87 on MC),Legend of Grimrock(8.0),Wargame: European Escalation(8.5),Botanicula(8.5),Dear Esther(8.0),among others and all the best version of multiplats,no other system is even close this year.

lol thats why he wouldn't play my game of listing his console's for the year :D
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Why did the Chicken cross the road?carlisledavid79
to get to the fat hermits mouth because they're too fat and lazy to get up and get it themselves.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Why did the Chicken cross the road?mems_1224
to get to the fat hermits mouth because they're too fat and lazy to get up and get it themselves.

pfff its the consolites that need autoaim to eat! :P
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Why did the Chicken cross the road?blue_hazy_basic

kinect, PIZZA POCKET! god dammit, get on that MS
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

The "pc gaming is dying" threads were either from people making wishful thinking due to intimination towards what they know and love (consoles) in thier mind.

Or because some people could not process the information of the PC going the DD route, and thus having little physical games on storeshelves.

Alot of review sites, stopped or did not review PC games, and you can almost see the generation shift, between editors who did, and those who did not. The PC seemed to be persistant, and most sites are re-acknowlaging the PC nowadays.

It did not help that both the big console manufactors, fueled thier consoles with broken promises, and lies, where they often harolded the PC as being unneeded, and not capable of selling.

The above things were the reason for the "PC gaming is dying"

And we WILL see the same misguided threads and claims again when next console gen arrives, and people goes "OMG gaming can never improve on this" just like last gen. ANd withing 3 years, it will revert to a 50/50 and then at the last years of the console cycle the PC will likely see a huge surge in popularity again.

Most people here are not claiming that the PC is dying, not on the pc, nor the console side, only the uneducated, or fanboys with so delusional that they borders on mental unstabile would claim it.

Most on these boards are however wuite educated on gaming in general, most people spweing bull are trolls. I suppose thats why SW is so boring nowadays, very few people really mean what they say, or have the conviction they claim, they are simply trolls.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] to get to the fat hermits mouth because they're too fat and lazy to get up and get it themselves.mems_1224

kinect, PIZZA POCKET! god dammit, get on that MS

You realise you just made yourself a fortune there :P
Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

PC gaming isn't dying. High end PC gaming is. Notice that Diablo 3 can be played on most netbooks.

nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nismo8000
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="fadersdream"] We do. We're bored.

Nanomage

can i play? Dawn of war 2:Retribution 8.5, SC2 9.5, Civilization V 8-9(can't remember, don't actually really care lol)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Click_Clock
Wait until Intel releases Haswell.
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
all the console gamers keep saying they don't want d3 pc gaming is dying.ProtossX
No....No they don't now shut up about it.