Why I believe the PS4 will win this holiday is..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The PS experience event, Sony is great at building the hype even if they don't deliver.

An uncharted trailer a long with a new the order trailer with couple of few game announcement and a huge publicity will really push odds of the ps4 to be the most talked about console in the media during the holiday season.

Of course this has to be accompanied with great deals and I think Sony will come very that and that should do the trick.

Luckily for them MS doesn't really have any kind of heavy hits in the near future.

What do you think, agree or disagree?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Yeah they're definitely good at milking the hype train...

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Well I hope its something worthwhile

my PS4 sure is dusty

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

They should drop the price of the PS4 to below $250. The Ps4 shouldn't cost more than a Wii U or Xbone if it's worthless.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Just for the record, I'm not gay, that was an imposter.

Now back on topic, Microsoft won this holiday season. You lose cows, go home.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

could very well, after all it is current gen 8 console leader and has had great months even with big MS, like TitanFall.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Ps4 will probably win. Its the worldwide leader by far with some killer bundles on the way. Ps4 and 4 games for 450$!!!! Add in shareplay, PS Now, and an absolutely killer 2015 lineup with the most promising exclusives with Bloodbourne and Uncharted. Anyone would be kicking themselves in the teeth passing on a deal like that

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts
@Fairmonkey said:

Ps4 will probably win. Its the worldwide leader by far with some killer bundles on the way. Ps4 and 4 games for 450$!!!! Add in shareplay, PS Now, and an absolutely killer 2015 lineup with the most promising exclusives with Bloodbourne and Uncharted. Anyone would be kicking themselves in the teeth passing on a deal like that

you don't even believe this drivel yourself, do you?

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

It's done and dusted. Sony could remove functions from the PS4, increase the price and offer no new games and still shit all over the xboner.

Life must be unbearable for hardcore lems, constantly living in denial with last gen graphics and the same shallow game franchises being milked for every last drop.

They deserve to be slapped like bitches.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inb4uall

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Loading Video...

kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kunal1092000
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts

This might sound crazy, but I want the PS4 to keep winning and Microsoft to keep churning out the deals lol.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:
@Fairmonkey said:

you don't even believe this drivel, do you?

I'm sorry, what part in their is unbelievable? Every part of that statement other than PS4 probably winning is an absolute fact. And PS4 winning is extremely likely.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@hitmanactual said:

It's done and dusted. Sony could remove functions from the PS4, increase the price and offer no new games and still shit all over the xboner.

Life must be unbearable for hardcore lems, constantly living in denial with last gen graphics and the same shallow game franchises being milked for every last drop.

Weird, I don't remember any 900p - 1080p console games last gen. 98% of all games were 720p or less. Yet we all enjoyed Gears of War, Uncharted, Fable, Heavy Rain, etc! Not sure what games you have been looking at...Oh wait, that's right, the PS4 has no games. Sorry Cows, I have to go play some Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, Forza Horizons 2 or Killer Instinct!

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

In all reality it looks more like the PC will be the win this year. There's been quite a surge in small form factor ITX gaming rigs this past few months.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inb4uall

@hitmanactual said:

Yes they derved to be slapped for actually enjoying games. Meanwhile you sit here getting off on sales and how profitable the PS4 is rather than the games you have.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HitmanActual

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@hitmanactual said:

Weird, I don't remember any 900p - 1080p console games last gen. 98% of all games were 720p or less. Yet we all enjoyed Gears of War, Uncharted, Fable, Heavy Rain, etc! Not sure what games you have been looking at...Oh wait, that's right, the PS4 has no games. Sorry Cows, I have to go play some Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, Forza Horizons 2 or Killer Instinct!

Struck a raw nerve did I? Been playing Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive on my xboner as well. ;)

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HitmanActual

@inb4uall said:

@hitmanactual said:

Yes they derved to be slapped for actually enjoying games. Meanwhile you sit here getting off on sales and how profitable the PS4 is rather than the games you have.

Not sure where I mentioned anything about PS4 sales or profitability...oh wait, I didn't.

Your lem tears are hilarious. You fucking fanboys are pathetic.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Well duh. The PS4 is going to sell like crazy this holiday. Sony is still riding the hype train from MS's **** up. Sony is now the casual's hero. I guess all that " For the gamer/ w/e" BS is driving them. **** having shit to play, I have a PS4 Mofo!

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Well I hope its something worthwhile

my PS4 sure is dusty

then dust it, since you can't play it.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Both XBONE and PS4 will completely sell out this holiday. PS4 will sell more because stores will stock more of them since it's a more in demand product, the major retailers have been securing as much stock as possible

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 inb4uall

@hitmanactual said:

@inb4uall said:

@hitmanactual said:

Not sure where I mentioned anything about PS4 sales or profitability...oh wait, I didn't.

Its a reasonable conclusion. You said "Sony could remove functions from the PS4, increase the price and offer no new games and still shit all over the xboner." You seem happy about the fact that Sony could do whatever they want, continuing the trend of not releasing games, and continue to win the sales race. Thus you only care about sales not the actual experience of the console owner in question. Also LOL at me being a lem. I'm NOT a lem.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HitmanActual

@inb4uall said:

@hitmanactual said:

@inb4uall said:

@hitmanactual said:

Its a reasonable conclusion. You said "Sony could remove functions from the PS4, increase the price and offer no new games and still shit all over the xboner." You seem happy about the fact that Sony could do whatever they want, continuing the trend of not releasing games, and continue to win the sales race. Thus you only care about sales not the actual experience of the console owner in question. Also LOL at me being a lem. I'm NOT a lem.

You sir are an idiot, talking like you know what I care about just from a post that was intended only for amusement.

I made my post expecting some moron to take the bait, I can now leave here fully satisfied.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By inb4uall

@hitmanactual said:

@inb4uall said:

@hitmanactual said:

@inb4uall said:

@hitmanactual said:

You sir are an idiot, talking like you know what I care about just from a post that was intended only for amusement.

I made my post expecting some moron to take the bait, I can now leave here fully satisfied.

Yeah I'm sure.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Microsoft won because they released a bunch of re hashes and 1 barely above average exclusive.

*slow clap*

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Personally I find it funny that this belief that Sony will "win" the holiday with a few trailers and announcements over actual product on shelves in time for Xmas.

"Don't worry, Billy. You might not have anything to play on your new PS4 on Xmas morning, but maybe you will by next Xmas morning!"

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

If it wasn't for the PS4 having better multiplats, I wouldn't bother... The X1 has the exclusives I want most.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Sony will win because it's the hot product right now, just like Apple products, Beats Audio.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

If Sony continues the pace it is going plus holiday sales, it will have 17-18 million sold by 2015. MS will be lucky to make it to 9 million sold to consumers.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Hype can only sell hardware for so long. This Xmas season is about the time Sony needed to deliver some solid first party exclusives.

They haven't and the Xbone is apparently already outselling it.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@mbrockway said:

@tymeservesfate said:
@Fairmonkey said:

you don't even believe this drivel, do you?

I'm sorry, what part in their is unbelievable? Every part of that statement other than PS4 probably winning is an absolute fact. And PS4 winning is extremely likely.

aye...go for it man. its all sounds stellar...lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#31 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

It has still sold more than X1 almost 12 months in a row mate. If they do a good job with the PS experience i don't see why they couldn't sell a lot of consoles

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I'm just concerned how many people in the world are buying things because of CGI trailers, and hype announcements.

There used to be a day and age that people bought consoles because their exclusives were better than the competitors... That just doesn't seem to be the case anymore :(

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

So TC, are you saying people will flock to Sony because they're more prone to fanboy propaganda than reason?

Lavenders2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lavenders2001
Member since 2014 • 58 Posts

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

So you say trailers of games that coming next year will help them this holiday?....ok...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@Salt_The_Fries said:

So TC, are you saying people will flock to Sony because they're more prone to fanboy propaganda than reason?

It's been working like that so far.

@aroxx_ab said:

So you say trailers of games that coming next year will help them this holiday?....ok...

But people here have been saying the reason behind the high PS4 sales is because of it's 'future potntial'.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@FastRobby said:

@kunal1092000 said:

This might sound crazy, but I want the PS4 to keep winning and Microsoft to keep churning out the deals lol.

I want it the other way around, I've already got an Xbox One, so now I want those deals so I can buy a PS4

I have to admit, MS try harder when they're clearly in second place, so maybe they're best there. But then so does anyone. The PS3 was meant to turn out the way it did, Sony went into it with a 'my way or the high way' attitude.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries:

Y y y yes... The ps4 clearly didn't sell that much based on its library of games, it's what will be available on it in the future.