why dont you buy all systems?

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
on system wars i see alot of fan boys out there . they dont want the system they dont have or they dont got the money or whatever. but theres alot of console hate out there. but what makes you pick the system you did and what makes you not buy another.
Rudi-Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rudi-Johnson
Member since 2007 • 1320 Posts

because 75% of the people that post here are just kids that cant afford all the systems....

Thats where fanboyism comes from...they cant get a system so they continously bash it to make themselves feel better..

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
cause i dont have money get a wii and a 360 ;(. Plus since 360 lost Sonata there's no games to get. I'm like REALLY! wii... ill get next year cause i dont see nothing besides brawl(im play at my friends house),Dragon Quest Swords:Joker,and Resident Evil umbrella Chronicles.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Not enough games that interest me on the other consoles to warrant a purchase.
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
I'm not a fan of the PS3, and the Wii doesn't really have much to offer after LoZTP to me.
Heith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heith
Member since 2003 • 1231 Posts
You can be a fanboy and have more than one system, I have a PC, Wii and 360, but I'm still a lemming. I had a PS3 as well, but I sold it. I'll buy one again in a few years most likely.
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
on system wars i see alot of fan boys out there . they dont want the system they dont have or they dont got the money or whatever. but theres alot of console hate out there. but what makes you pick the system you did and what makes you not buy another.deadmeat59
look at your sig. you own multiples and are playing old games. if you had saved the money you spent on all the hardware you could have more/newer software.
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
I have all three. Wii on launch, PS3 in Feb when my local store got them in stock, 360 Elite on launch,PSP on launch and a DS too.
Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts
I decided to buy a 360 first because it was cheaper and had more games. I'm considering getting both a Wii and a PS3 but not until the prices become more reasonable and more exclusive games come out.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Because I jsut cant justify shelling out $500 for a system that only has two exclusives comming out this year that I want. That and my roomate is about to get a PS3.
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
you see, there's this thing called money...
Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Loonie
Member since 2003 • 3455 Posts

Not buying the PS3 because i resent Sony using the PS brand to shoe in blu-ray.

Not buying a 360 because all the good games are on PC, and i have a 360 pad that works for the PC.

Already have a Wii.

Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts

cause i dont have money get a wii and a 360 ;(. Plus since 360 lost Sonata there's no games to get. I'm like REALLY! wii... ill get next year cause i dont see nothing besides brawl(im play at my friends house),Dragon Quest Swords:Joker,and Resident Evil umbrella Chronicles.Hitamaru-homia

Eternal Sonata is the is the only game on the 360 that you're interested in?

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts

i can afford a Wii

When SSB comes out ofc ;)

and i have my xbox 360 :P PS3 i sold off and got a new bed and desk with the money i got back....

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Not enough games I like.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

i can afford a Wii

When SSB comes out ofc ;)

and i have my xbox 360 :P PS3 i sold off and got a new bed and desk with the money i got back....

toxicmog

If you dont want to wait 5 huors in the cold to get a wii I would go ahead and get one.

shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts

because 75% of the people that post here are just kids that cant afford all the systems....

Thats where fanboyism comes from...they cant get a system so they continously bash it to make themselves feel better..

Rudi-Johnson
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I'd rather put the money into improving my home. It's not like i have the time to play most games for all 3 consoles.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts
I used to have a pswii combo, but since my sister got a 360 i decided to sell the ps3 to buy more games (not bashing its true)
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Two things; money and time. If I could EASILY afford all systems I would prolly get them all, but even now I'm having hard time keeping up with all the titles on my current platform so it's not worth it to buy them all and just leave them to dust.
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
Not enough money. Have to spend money on things besides games.
kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kman3002
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts
Because I'm not made of money.:(
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

Wii - good starting price but lacking in mature games that I like. I would like more FPS and RPG that makes exclusive use of the wiimote before I get it. Concerned about the future games and their graphics vs the other consoles. But if the gameplay is all there and their future games produce a lot of AAA games, I would definitely buy it.

360 - quality issues with the RROD concerns me. I want to own (any) console well past 5 yrs and without warranty. I just like a no hassle-type of console.CPU and GPU seems on par with ps3 and lower price than ps3. I do not like have to pay for online gaming in LIVE. It may be (around) $50 per year but it does add up to around $250 after 5 years cause that is the amount of time I plan on keeping a console.

Ps3 - damn that is expensive but since I never own a ps1 and ps2, that is like getting 3 consoles for the price of 1. BR is nice but that is yet to be determine whether it will help gaming or not. Its got 512MB ram split. 256 of that is actually faster RAM so that will help gaming. I know cause I have a dell 8250 using RAMBUS. And the lack of breakage is impressivefor a console thathas so many features, builtin. YUP, I pick up the 60GB when it dropped to $500 - so I can get the EE chip. If they had not stopped manufacturing the 60GB, I would have waited till spring of 2008 before deciding on which console to get.I already know ps3 is lacking in games in comparision to the 360 but if I look around, I do see ps3 does have its own games that is quite fun like resistance, motorstorm, warhawk right now. I may get HS and Lair just out of curiosity when it drops below $40. UT3 mods is interesting though.

-Damn, look at what you made me do... a wall of text. :)

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
I do have all systems...
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
Because I'm not interested.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

Good question TC

I'll go ask my Butler. He's probably on the other side of my mansion

*is going crazy in a fantasy land*

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
i own a wii and i'll buy a 360 when the 65 nm chips come out but i'll never buy a ps3. i have enough money that i could if i wanted to but i can spend $500 on something better. pretty much all its good games are on the 360 too and i don't have an HDTV so bluray is useless to me. the cell is only good for folding @ home, it wasn't meant for games.
Phazon_goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Phazon_goomba
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts

where's the cannot afford button.

and yes I am loyal to my band.

also, what does "vaule" mean?

oyvoyvoyv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 oyvoyvoyv
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts

Because my parents only allow me to have one :cry:

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
My brother has a Wii and he told me,knowing the types of games I like,that I would get bored of it after a few weeks, so I will not be getting a Wii for a while and I will get a X-box 360 next summer.
Scalien26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Scalien26
Member since 2006 • 5116 Posts
I've got all 3 systems and I love them all. Thankfully, I didn't pay for anything since I'm a spoiled only child/have friends who can pull some strings.
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
PS3 is a waste of my cash right now. Ill get one in like 2009 or something for a blu-ray player. As long as the PS3 is around 300$
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

Because I jsut cant justify shelling out $500 for a system that only has two exclusives comming out this year that I want.laughingman42

I agree. Really I don't see it worth the 500 dollars for a few games I'm KINDA interested in. MGS4 is not enough to persuade me to get a PS3 not considering I already own a 360 and Wii. Could I afford one? Yes, but I CAN'T justify buying one.

HelixTurnHelix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HelixTurnHelix
Member since 2007 • 301 Posts
Not all of us have huge pots of money at our disposal to use all on video games.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#35 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]on system wars i see alot of fan boys out there . they dont want the system they dont have or they dont got the money or whatever. but theres alot of console hate out there. but what makes you pick the system you did and what makes you not buy another.rdo
look at your sig. you own multiples and are playing old games. if you had saved the money you spent on all the hardware you could have more/newer software.

Or he could just make more money and buy them all anyways. :|

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rdo

[QUOTE="rdo"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"]on system wars i see alot of fan boys out there . they dont want the system they dont have or they dont got the money or whatever. but theres alot of console hate out there. but what makes you pick the system you did and what makes you not buy another.Bgrngod

if makeing more moey wasn't much easier said than done we would all be millionares. makeing more money usually involves working more hours, leaving less time to play, meaning even less of a reason to own multiples.
Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts
Cause Im not richy Mcrich. I enjoy the luxuries of life such as food and paying rent.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Money money MONEY! *in falsetto* Money!
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

[QUOTE="rdo"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"]on system wars i see alot of fan boys out there . they dont want the system they dont have or they dont got the money or whatever. but theres alot of console hate out there. but what makes you pick the system you did and what makes you not buy another.rdo

if makeing more moey wasn't much easier said than done we would all be millionares. makeing more money usually involves working more hours, leaving less time to play, meaning even less of a reason to own multiples.

Making more money means waiting for the next paycheck to most people. Assuming that he would buy more games with the money he spent on his hardware was a mistake.Assuming he doesn't make enough money to buy more games was another mistake. It doesn't take a millionaire to buy all the games that someone wants.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
To quote the vending machine in Bioshock; 'come back when you get some money, buddy'.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

Rudi-Johnson

agreed.. pure logic.

i have all three though, but that's because i can afford it.

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rdo

i disagree. to most people making more money dosn't mean waiting untill your next paycheck. it means making extra money. most people adjust their spending to they paycheck so their check is spent before they get it. rising house payments, untilities, car payments, insurance, food, etc... . extra money is like ken said "work a second job to get it". thats also one of the reasons the ps3 is hurting so bad. "work more, play less" is not a good business plan for a game console. more money to most people means extra money that you haven't already made plans for.

as far as my asumptions, while it dosn't mean he would have bought more games, it means that he 100% could have and would increase his chances. you cant pend the same money on two things. if you spend it on hardware you cant spend it on soft ware. if you spend it on software you cant spend it on hardware. if you are still playing cod2 on the 360 it means 1 of two things. even at two years old it's great enough you dont need anything else, or you cant aford anything else. either way 1 consoles would have been a better option. if 1 gameis all you need why waste the money, and if you need more games you could have used the hardware money for games.

digidrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 digidrive
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
Buying all systems (including PC) would be a waste of money. There isn't enough that separate some of the more expensive ones.
M_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 M_Fresh
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts

If only suported Sony and it will stay like that until they stop making systems.

ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

wii graphics

games

amd other stuff keep me away from it

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

To quote the vending machine in Bioshock; 'come back when you get some money, buddy'.Verge_6

I wonder why you couldn't just hack the prices down to nothing and rob the company that created the Circus of Values line of vending machines. It's not like they need money where they're going. And if you think that splicers would also get items for free, you could just apply first-aid station technology to the vending machine to render it temporarily inoperable or deal out grenades when an enemy uses it.

Edit: Sure gameplay issues would arise out of this (as if the game wasn't already easy enough) but seriously, isn't it possible?

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
I would probably own consoles if they had full keyboard and mouse support.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
Because if I did that, I wouldn't have enough money to buy any games. And that would totally defeat the purpose. Besides, I'm happy with having a Wii, PC, and XBox 360. I'll get a PS3 next year, when I have enough money.
Navy_Sealz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Navy_Sealz
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts
Not enough money, and PS consoles are enough for me. I'm sort of a casual.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I could easily get the other two systems but then I wouldn't be able to call myself a lemming. :|