Why does KILLZONE 2 s**k (read the dam post before posting)

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JAMES_L_BROOKS
Member since 2005 • 1463 Posts

this ia a question for you fanboys

now let me debunk something here "killzone 1 sucked so killzone 2 will suck" is not an answer...

OLD guerilla games:

was composed of 20 devs. trained for PC. Killzone 1 was origonally on PC. the company was low-medium budget. the company was 3rd party, and had to rush killzone 1 to PS2 fast, even though they where PC devs.

New gueilla games:

composed of 135+ devs for PS3, they have had 3 years to make Killzone 2, and a budget in the high millions, they are 1st party and owned by sony.

they have produceed one of the best looking games on consles to date, even compairable with high end PC games. the gameplay has been said to be amazing by everyone who has played it, yes even gamespot liked it. the technology is very advanced, for it has a huge amount of distrucable enviorments, best lighing engine, amazing physiscs, graphics, AI (and please dont go saying ZOMG but the AIs stupid.... NOTE they where playing hte demo on easy, and on GOD MODE)... lol

last but not least it was all real time :P

so fanboys why does killzone 2 suck? (i want real reasons.... not 1 sentance saying "that just the way fanboys are and crap")

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

why?

because the first one did, as did Shellshock: vietnam...

guerrilla showed they can stink up a game...now they need to PROVE they know how not to...;)

OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 OremLK
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts
It might not suck, but sequels to bad games usually do, so based on previous experience I'm going to assume that it'll suck.
JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JAMES_L_BROOKS

It might not suck, but sequels to bad games usually do, so based on previous experience I'm going to assume that it'll suck.OremLK

READ THE POST

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts
B/C it's not out available for review so it's sucking air right now from S.W. ;)
i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
kill zone 2 looks great
OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OremLK

I read your post. It did nothing to convince me.

Also, your caps button seems to be stuck, might want to look into that.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

why?

guerrilla showed they can stink up a game...now they need to PROVE they know how not to...;)

tango90101

hes saying shut up and look at how much money and man power sony is giving them.

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JAMES_L_BROOKS

OremLK

LOL YEA SORRY MY CAPS BUTTON IS STUCK, i cant help to laugh at your fanboyism in thinking that Killzone 2 sucks like killzone 1

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

why?

tango90101

True Story

they need to PROVE to us they are good dev's not the other way around sorry

TiberiusKane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TiberiusKane
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
If cows are hyping it you just know it going to be good! Just look at their track record hyping games this year :)
King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 King_of_Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 1193 Posts

The back story of Killzone 1 and Killzone 2 are too different to go along with "First 1 sux, so second will too"

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JAMES_L_BROOKS
[QUOTE="tango90101"]

why?

ff7isnumbaone

hes saying shut up and look at how much money and man power sony is giving them.

lol also look at what we have already seen... dam fanboys are in denial acting like we still know NOTHING about killzone 2

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JAMES_L_BROOKS
If cows are hyping it you just know it going to be good! Just look at their track record hyping games this year :)TiberiusKane
please share,,, gamespot never played lair in the past, they have played Kilzone 2 pre pre alpha demo and have loved it... now what fanboy?
JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JAMES_L_BROOKS
[QUOTE="tango90101"]

why?

onewiththegame

True Story

and they have, dont act liek you havent seen the killzone 2 pre pre alpha demo that gamespot loved, and looks amazing

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

Most of the System War postersdon't care about common sense.

Killzone 2 is not in the same league as was Killzone 1.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

cows will just say the developers have learned their lesson and improved in killzone2 and that they're track record means nothing... ( of course even when bungie did very well with halo1 and halo2..cows STILL said they both sucked and that halo3 will flop)

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

now let me debunk something here "killzone 1 sucked so killzone 2 will suck" is not an answer...

OLD guerilla games:

was composed of 20 devs. trained for PC. Killzone 1 was origonally on PC. the company was low-medium budget. the company was 3rd party, and had to rush killzone 1 to PS2 fast, even though they where PC devs.

New gueilla games:

composed of 135+ devs for PS3, they have had 3 years to make Killzone 2, and a budget in the high millions, they are 1st party and owned by sony.

they have produceed one of the best looking games on consles to date, even compairable with high end PC games. the gameplay has been said to be amazing by everyone who has played it, yes even gamespot liked it. the technology is very advanced, for it has a huge amount of distrucable enviorments, best lighing engine, amazing physiscs, graphics, AI (and please dont go saying ZOMG but the AIs stupid.... NOTE they where playing hte demo on easy, and on GOD MODE)... lol

so fanboys why does killzone 2 suck? (i want real reasons.... not 1 sentance saying "that just the way fanboys are and crap")

JAMES_L_BROOKS

People bashed Halo 3 basically for not being completly different than the previous 2 installments (why sony fanboys expect Bungie to stray far from a proven AAA formula is beyond me), but the same kidn of reasoning can EASILY be applied to Killzone 2. Aside from graphics, what does this game bring to the table? Is it really going to have outstanding multiplayer, 4 player online coop, map editing features and the ability to record/play/save and share files to pc's? Probably not. Maybe it's not completly fair to compare Halo 3 to Killzone 2, but how can you expect people to be excited about a bare bones game like Killzone 2 when other games on the market offer so much more. Not much has been announced about Killzone 2 yet, but they have yet to release news on anything that is going to distinguish this game from any other shooter. Maybe it will be a great game...on the ps3. But I guess 360 fans are just used to having "more".

People have spent hours and hours hyping the graphics since day one, but since then there have been consistent flopping of games that have been hyped on graphics (Lair?). So little information on this game has been given, graphics is pretty much all there is to hype at this point. You are asking for reasons why this game will be suck...how about you give me reasons why this game won't flop? Graphics prove nothing.

The game is basically a Gears of War knockoff with less innovative weapons. It uses a very similar cover system, an identical health system, and a very similar art style (no color). 360 fans have basically already played this game over ayear ago, so can you really blame them for not being excited about it?

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 onewiththegame
[QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="tango90101"]

why?

JAMES_L_BROOKS

True Story

and they have, dont act liek you havent seen the killzone 2 pre pre alpha demo that gamespot loved, and looks amazing

you think thats proof? I like to play a game before I judge it sorry

when it comes out and its killer I'll give props until than they get nothing

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JAMES_L_BROOKS
[QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

OLD guerilla games:

New gueilla games:

bezaire2005

People bashed Halo 3 basically for not being completly different than the previous 2 installments (why sony fanboys expect Bungie to stray far from a proven AAA formula is beyond me), but the same kidn of reasoning can EASILY be applied to Killzone 2. Aside from graphics, what does this game bring to the table? People have spent hours and hours hyping the graphics since day one, but since then there have been consistent flopping of games that have been hyped on graphics (Lair?).

The game is basically a Gears of War knockoff with less innovative weapons. It uses a very similar cover system, an identical health system, and a very similar art style (no color).360 fans have basically already played this game over ayear ago, so can you really blame them for not being excited about it?

everyone LOVED gameplay including GAMESPOT, and in systemwars dont forget lemming we always run by gamespot RIGHT LEMMINGS????????? lol i like how you say gears of war knockoff... LOL killzone 2 has been in development since before gears was thought of

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JAMES_L_BROOKS
[QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="tango90101"]

why?

onewiththegame

True Story

you offically are not allowed to hype games anymore, you have said you give nothing until you play it

Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
When did just throwing money and manpower at a problem solve anything by itself? They haven't proved anything yet besides the info that its a rather linear futuristic squad based shooter with iffy tectures, good to great lighting and some decent motion blur particle effects.
TiberiusKane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TiberiusKane

why?

onewiththegame

True Story

People like you would probably make a sprinter actually win an official race before giving them a gold medal. The nerve!

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JAMES_L_BROOKS
When did just throwing money and manpower at a problem solve anything by itself? They haven't proved anything yet besides the info that its a rather linear futuristic squad based shooter with iffy tectures, good to great lighting and some decent particle effects. Wartzay
instead of repeating myself, on the fact everyone including gamespot has liked gameplay, and the game and tech is amazing, what do they have to do to "prove" themselfs to you?
bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

OLD guerilla games:

New gueilla games:

JAMES_L_BROOKS

People bashed Halo 3 basically for not being completly different than the previous 2 installments (why sony fanboys expect Bungie to stray far from a proven AAA formula is beyond me), but the same kidn of reasoning can EASILY be applied to Killzone 2. Aside from graphics, what does this game bring to the table? People have spent hours and hours hyping the graphics since day one, but since then there have been consistent flopping of games that have been hyped on graphics (Lair?).

The game is basically a Gears of War knockoff with less innovative weapons. It uses a very similar cover system, an identical health system, and a very similar art style (no color).360 fans have basically already played this game over ayear ago, so can you really blame them for not being excited about it?

everyone LOVED gameplay including GAMESPOT, and in systemwars dont forget lemming we always run by gamespot RIGHT LEMMINGS????????? lol i like how you say gears of war knockoff... LOL killzone 2 has been in development since before gears was thought of

same cover system, same health system, same art style....less innovative weapons. Gears of War has been out for over a year, Killzone won't be out until mid next year. LOTS of time to "knock off" the features that Gears had.

Not once did Gamespot say they "LOVED" the gameplay, althought they did have positive things to say about it. But then again, find me an anticipated game that has a preview saying that Gamespot HATED the gameplay and than maybe you will have a valued point. Besides...they should like the gameplay, Gears of War got great reviwes LOL.

I guess we have to "JUST WAIT"...RIGHT COWS?????????

TiberiusKane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TiberiusKane

you offically are not allowed to hype games anymore, you have said you give nothing until you play itJAMES_L_BROOKS

What if the game is from a developer with a long record of AAA games? e.g. Bungie, Valve, Nintendo, Irrational ect. That's the issue here. Most people think it's more likely a meteor would hit them then Guerrilla make a good game and until they earn respect by making good games it's going to stay that way.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
we don't know yet. but so far it looks very promising
JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JAMES_L_BROOKS
[QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

OLD guerilla games:

New gueilla games:

bezaire2005

same cover system, same health system, same art style....less innovative weapons. Gears of War has been out for over a year, Killzone won't be out until mid next year. LOTS of time to "knock off" the features that Gears had.

lol 1 gears was not 1st to use cover system, number 2 the lack of HUD, has been thought of and was even shown in the 2005 CGI, killzone 2 art style is darkof killzone 1 nazi WWI/ WWII style)...now its just a bit darker, what was inovative in gears that hasnt been done before, maybe the chainsaw gun? lol, but you could say that for anythign, like no halo weapon is innovative lol... dam fanboys

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 onewiththegame
[QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="tango90101"]

why?

TiberiusKane

True Story

People like you would probably make a sprinter actually win an official race before giving them a gold medal. The nerve!

I'm a douche bag what can I say

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

It might not suck, but sequels to bad games usually do, so based on previous experience I'm going to assume that it'll suck.OremLK

This should pretty much end the "1st one sucked, 2nd one must suck" excuse :

Here

and

Here

Hoikensnogin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 Hoikensnogin
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

It hasn't come out yet, so it can't suck or be awesome. So far the graphics look good, but it takes a lot more than good graphics to make a good game.

I REALLY HOPE THE GAME IS FANTASTIC, but I have my doubts:

1.There's never been a AAA FPS on any Playstation platform (RFOM is 87% on Gamerankings). AA FPS's on the PC/Xbox platformsare so common, they're hardly worth playing.

2.Guerrilla Games has brought us Killzone 1 and Shellshock Nam 67 which both sucked. Now that GG is Sony owned...again, Sony has never produced a AAA FPS.

As a general rule, I look forward to games that are produced by delevopers that have a strong history of producing superb work. I'm not impressed with screenshots/videos of games that have not been released yet.

OremLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 OremLK

[QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]you offically are not allowed to hype games anymore, you have said you give nothing until you play itTiberiusKane

What if the game is from a developer with a long record of AAA games? e.g. Bungie, Valve, Nintendo, Irrational ect. That's the issue here. Most people think it's more likely a meteor would hit them then Guerrilla make a good game and until they earn respect by making good games it's going to stay that way.

Exactly. And saying that it's a "completely different company" doesn't help either. Do they have any good games? Wait, they haven't released any games, you say? Well, gosh, I guess I should jump on the bandwagon right now, then!

[QUOTE="OremLK"]It might not suck, but sequels to bad games usually do, so based on previous experience I'm going to assume that it'll suck.thejakel11225

This should pretty much end the "1st one sucked, 2nd one must suck" excuse :

Here

and

Here

I said "usually", I didn't say "always". I had already thought of Hitman when I made my first post, so I knew what your links were going to be. Just because something happens once or twice, or even three times out of a hundred, that doesn't mean it's likely to happen in most other situations.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

OLD guerilla games:

New gueilla games:

JAMES_L_BROOKS

lol 1 gears was not 1st to use cover system, number 2 the lack of HUD, has been thought of and was even shown in the 2005 CGI, killzone 2 art style is darkof killzone 1 nazi WWI/ WWII style)...now its just a bit darker, what was inovative in gears that hasnt been done before, maybe the chainsaw gun? lol, but you could say that for anythign, like no halo weapon is innovative lol... dam fanboys

lol 1 where exactlyd id I say that gears was the 1st to use the cover system? I never did, so you've wasted my time. They are essentially using the same cover system that was used in Gears...that's all I said.

2. same HUD system...undeniable fact. Along with the cover system, Killzone 2 is still using the same elements that made Gears of War. It doesn't matter if they were innovative or not...all that matters is that Killzone 2 recycles them.

3. Same art style...deal with it.

4. Ya...because a huge gun that interacts with hovering satelites that shoot a lazer beam down from outer space is in no way innovative....

lol fanboys.

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JAMES_L_BROOKS
[QUOTE="TiberiusKane"]

[QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]you offically are not allowed to hype games anymore, you have said you give nothing until you play itOremLK

Exactly. And saying that it's a "completely different company" doesn't help either. Do they have any good games? Wait, they haven't released any games, you say? Well, gosh, I guess I should jump on the bandwagon right now, then!

okay well a small portion of that dev team in a short time made killzone liberation...thats the history ofsome ofthe new GG

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JAMES_L_BROOKS
[QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

OLD guerilla games:

New gueilla games:

bezaire2005

lol 1 where exactlyd id I say that gears was the 1st to use the cover system? I never did, so you've wasted my time. They are essentially using the same cover system that was used in Gears...that's all I said.

2. same HUD system...undeniable fact. Along with the cover system, Killzone 2 is still using the same elements that made Gears of War. It doesn't matter if they were innovative or not...all that matters is that Killzone 2 recycles them.

4. Ya...because a huge gun that interacts with hovering satelites that shoot a lazer beam down from outer space is in no way innovative....

lol fanboys.

then why the F*** would you say killzone 2 is copying gears, when you just admited gear ws copying other games, lol as for the rest of your arguemnts you just stopped reading my post didnt you?... lol fanboys

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
[QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="tango90101"]

why?

JAMES_L_BROOKS

True Story

Doom 3 looked amazing in its previews too, and we know how that turned out. Most people don't think Killzone 2 will suck, but they're highly skeptical as to whether or not it will be the boon to the PS3 that many cows make it out to be.

And yes, Guerrilla's track record matters. They have something to prove.

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JAMES_L_BROOKS

why?

D0013ER

True Story

Doom 3 looked amazing in its previews too, and we know how that turned out. Most people don't think Killzone 2 will suck, but they're highly skeptical as to whether or not it will be the boon to the PS3 that many cows make it out to be.

new GG small portion made KZ: L PSP (that was good)

gamespot played pre pre alpha liked it,

and yes sadly this is system wars...

that about covered it...

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
I havent seen anything about Killzone 2 to make me think it will rock. Its not coming out for a while yet though.
bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

OLD guerilla games:

New gueilla games:

JAMES_L_BROOKS

lol fanboys.

then why the F*** would you say killzone 2 is copying gears, when you just admited gear ws copying other games, lol as for the rest of your arguemnts you just stopped reading my post didnt you?... lol fanboys

How did I stop reading your post? I commented individually on everything you said. You said asked me what weapons in Gears were innovative, so I gave you a very innovative weapon that Gears had, basically making you look like an idiot (which isn't all that difficult at this point). Than you act like it's significant that some CG crap was released in 05 that showed a no HUD....even though it was CG footage in the first place. I'm not trying to argue who thought of what idea first, because honestly you have absoluty no way of proving who thought of what idea first. My point is simple: many of the gameplay aspects in Gears are being recycled in Killzone 2. Same cover system, same art style (no color?), same health system.....all of this regardless of "who thought of it first".

lol fanboys.

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts

Killzone as a series has a lot to prove.

Guerrilla Games as a development studio, rebuilt or not, still have a lot to prove.

Let's all just STFU and wait until it comes out. I'm sick of hearing both sides of this arguement.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
[QUOTE="D0013ER"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"][QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="tango90101"]

why?

JAMES_L_BROOKS

True Story

new GG small portion made KZ: L PSP (that was good)

gamespot played pre pre alpha liked it,

and yes sadly this is system wars...

that about covered it...

Stop with the pre pre alpha, its not pre pre alpha anymore. If it was pre pre alpha, gamespot wouldnt have already played it. Moreover, gamespot said good things about some games that turned out bad.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
Beautiful graphics/physics or whatever you wanna say, couldn't save HS or Lair.
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts

Guerrilla Games as a development studio, rebuilt or not, still have a lot to prove.

Let's all just STFU and wait until it comes out. I'm sick of hearing both sides of this arguement.

BreakingPoint8
Seriously...
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
[QUOTE="OremLK"]

JAMES_L_BROOKS

LOL YEA SORRY MY CAPS BUTTON IS STUCK, i cant help to laugh at your fanboyism in thinking that Killzone 2 sucks like killzone 1

all he is saying is that, for the most part, sequals to bad games arent good, whats fanboyish about that?

did he say 'killzone 2 will suck because killzone 1 will suck' offering no facts at all? no, he did not, the facts are that most games that are sequals to bad games, tend to do bad. wile kz2 has alot of hope with its 130+ devs and multi million payroll. the odds are still against it. seeing the number of poor game sequals that have been bad, compared to good sequals

-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#48 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
TC does have point. But I prefer to see it this way rather than just stating it wont suck: For those given reasons, Killzone 2 has a much higher chance of success than Killzone 1 ever did, and note I said a much higher chance
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
[QUOTE="BreakingPoint8"]

BreakingPoint8

Seriously...

Eh, don't listen to that BreakingPoint8 guy, he's an ass...:P

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="JAMES_L_BROOKS"]

OLD guerilla games:

New gueilla games:

JAMES_L_BROOKS

lol Lair makes you look like an idiot. Gamespot praised Lair in it's previews...they even hyped the gameplay lol. They had absolutly nothing negative to say about it...which absolutly destroys your argument that because Gamespot "loved" the Killzone 2 gameplay the end result is going to be positive.