why do you say pc gaming is dying?

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

i would really like to see why people think pc gaming is dying. whenever i see that its dying, its never backed up with anything other than the fact that there are 3-4 games that didnt come out on pc. how does that indicate that pc gaming is dying? all that shows is that, for example, microsoft doesnt want halo 3 or reach on pc because of funding, splitting audiences, and the probability that the game will barely even sell, if at all.

business decisions may be bringing PC gamers less games, or making more previous PC exclusives into multiplat titles, but such decisions are not 'killing' pc gaming. i feel that the term 'dying' is misused in this situation, and i would most definitely agree that, perhaps, PC gaming might have degraded over the past few years, rather than saying that its on a continual downward spiral into an eventual 'death'. this is a completely absurd exaggeration based on a small number of games.

whatever you want to call that degeneration in quality, it has reached as low as it is going to get, in my opinion.

so i ask you, why do you say pc gaming is dying?

inb4 "BECUZ MW2 HAS NO DEDICATED SERVERS" and "BLACK OPS ISNT OPTIMIZED ON PC", or anything regarding call of duty.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

It's often when misinformed articles crop up on the internet, or when people feel like trolling (not all posters of this type of topic are trolls). On top of that, you have consoles which are becoming more and more mainstream, and this is likely what the majority of most people see.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

It's often when misinformed articles crop up on the internet, or when people feel like trolling (not all posters of this type of topic are trolls). On top of that, you have consoles which are becoming more and more mainstream, and this is likely what the majority of most people see.

lundy86_4

Pretty much this...

You would be surprised how many people think Pc gaming is dieing soley on what they see in gamestores or lack of tv ads. It doesn't help that mainstream has taking over and websites run with that semi conflict of interest of ads/reviews that cause many Pc game titles get put on the backburner because of time constraints (pm KevinV or Tom Mcshea for more info on that expecially last year games lol) You also have the major movement to DD which many like people to push off to the side for some reason.. For years, you also had NPD spitting out all kinda fallacies that caused gamers to believe in said nonsense (Its takin years for people in America to realize gaming is a global intentity lol).

If you really wanna look back, you can make a good argument that Pc gaming has exploded in the last 5+ years as more smaller developers have come and provided many great Pc titles to suppliment the already ridicoulous amount of games from the major gaming developers.

For system wars, people who say it morely are just throwing out a random trollish statement and when responded back can never really find a good proof to back up their claim.. Ironically, that goes for many threads that gets made here so no one is really surprised. Folks will throw out a ton of good console exclusives and state they not coming to the Pc but when a gamer responds with Pc games or the gamespot spreedsheet, many members act as if the games don't exist (alot of ignorance on their part)... It really does get comical with that type of thing.

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

Because it was opposite day.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Because console companies spend millions to convince people they are great, while PC as a platform gets nil in terms of promotional funding; because it is a independent platform.

Consoles are a mainstream gaming solution, and the mainstream aren't interested in anything that isn't plastered across popular media sources like television. Which by the way, every console developer gets bonus funding towards; from the console 1st party.

-edit

Relying on sources like this for your opinion on PC doesn't help either.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Because console companies spend millions to convince people they are great, while PC as a platform gets nil in terms of promotional funding; because it is a independent platform.

Consoles are a mainstream gaming solution, and the mainstream aren't interested in anything that isn't plastered across popular media sources like television. Which by the way, every console developer gets bonus funding towards; from the console 1st party.

-edit

AnnoyedDragon

Oh god that video is hilarious.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

well its most popular games are cityville and farmville

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lundy86_4

meatgrinderz

Dunno what that is supposed to show. Cityville and Farmville are aimed at the millions of users running base computers (i.e. not gaming rigs). It's like comparing with shovelware on consoles.

PC gaming is a vast market, which stretches from, like you say, Cityville and Farmville, to much more complex games. What you said doesn't give an indication of anything, let alone an accurate one.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Espada12

meatgrinderz

The most popular console games are Wii sports and Wii fit, does that mean consoles are dying? :o

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

meatgrinderz

Why not include solitaire while you're at it? Makes about as much sense.

The casual market is far bigger than the mainstream/hardcore one, it is why the Wii sells so many units. You cannot paint an entire platform based on what one segment of its audience plays.

It's like the people who count office and multimedia computers when determining the PC gaming performance range, just so they can declare consoles perform better than the vast majority of "gaming" PCs. It's an abuse of something that should be common sense.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

-edit

Espada12

Oh god that video is hilarious.

Yeah, pachter is so dense, its quite funny. I remember Crysis wasn't even nominated for best graphics when it came out cause GT can't afford a computer to run it, even though even on medium it would have won best graphics realistically. Then I remember with assassins creed, all their footage had no shadows and stuff, they are really horrible when it comes to PC gaming :lol:
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#12 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

How many people are willing to shell out $500 + yearly upgrades for a PC? (and have to build it from the ground up assuming you aren't paying for a pre-built gaming rig) Not many. Way easier to get a 360 or PS3 at $300. Sure you will have to buy more accessories like a Headset, possibly bigger HDD but the costs aren't nearly as much as things like a gaming keyboard/mouse, headset, webcam etc..for a PC

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Even if PC is lacking new exclusive releases, games of old are still entertaining. We have WarCraft 3, which is probably the best Lan game ever (Love Legion TD) and indie games are great as well.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jedikevin2

How many people are willing to shell out $500 + yearly upgrades for a PC? (and have to build it from the ground up assuming you aren't paying for a pre-built gaming rig) Not many. Way easier to get a 360 or PS3 at $300. Sure you will have to buy more accessories like a Headset, possibly bigger HDD but the costs aren't nearly as much as things like a gaming keyboard/mouse, headset, webcam etc..for a PC

MaddenBowler10

What does that opinion have anything to do with stating Pc gaming is dieing? Outside of that, alot of what your claiming is off base statements in the base case.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Even if PC is lacking new exclusive releases, games of old are still entertaining. We have WarCraft 3, which is probably the best Lan game ever (Love Legion TD) and indie games are great as well.

OB-47
PC isn't lacking exclusives though :?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4

How many people are willing to shell out $500 + yearly upgrades for a PC? (and have to build it from the ground up assuming you aren't paying for a pre-built gaming rig) Not many.

MaddenBowler10

Actually, a lot. In terms of pre-built gaming PC's, they've outsold consoles this generation (link - the discrete GPU's were strictly ones with stripped down higher end parts, i.e. GPU's such as the 57** series etc for AMD). Furthermore, you could look at nVidia and AMD's shipped numbers for their DX11 GPU's and that'll also give you an indication of just how poular these newer GPU families are.

Way easier to get a 360 or PS3 at $300. Sure you will have to buy more accessories like a Headset, possibly bigger HDD but the costs aren't nearly as much as things like a gaming keyboard/mouse, headset, webcam etc..for a PC

MaddenBowler10

You don't need a gaming KB/M, and expensive headset or a webcam (why do you need a webcam for a gaming rig?).

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 millerlight89

MaddenBowler10

:lol: People still say this **** Unbelievable.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jedikevin2

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

millerlight89

Yeah... a bit confused on that as well....

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
its because devs like ID, Crytek, and Epic are releasing games on PC. which actually makes no sense... I mean its as if SW think tht if a dev wants to make some extra money or, in the case of these 3 huge engine makers, show the scalablity of thier engine- it means that PC gaming is dying. Funny thing is, MS is returning to PC gaming and is actually updating GFW service to the point where it might actually be good (new publisher just signed on and released 4 games on the service- paradox interactive). They also seem to think that PC= steam and that only 30 million people play PC and completly disregard D2D, GFW and other DD services and clients. It also maybe because they think that pircay is so destructive amoung PC devs that its impossible to make profit. when in reality DD services like Steam and GFW are decresing it very well. Maybe its because they think consoles are main stream and more played. But that doesn't make any sense since PC easily has a bigger fanbase than all 3 consoles combined. IDK. -OH wait I got it. They probably think its dying becausePC devs think 3-4 million sales across 3 games is a big number (STALKER series) I think they should realize that PC budegts are always smaller than console budgets (with the exception of SC2). I really don't see where its from... I mean a game like amnesia selling 200k is amazing especially since the ENTIRE game was made by a 2 man development team and sold for 20 bucks a pop (100k were sold for 20$ while the other 100k was sold durring the Steam sale/ holiday sales) That insanely good for a game that had a budget of less than 250k. Now I'm really out of reasons PC is dying. I mean seriously, PCgaming is growing so fast ATM thanks to DD and lower Hardware prices. I can build a PC that can max anything for less than 800 dollars now and if it is built right then it can last for 3 years and still play games at high-max (depending if crytek or creative assembly want to go crazy) and even then it'd probably be a matter of adding more RAM or replacing the video card to max them out for another couple years(IF you got a hexacore those will probably last a good while) I mean its funny, People seem to think that you need a super computer to max 50% of games when in reality If you were to invest 180-240$ you can get yourself a 6850 or a 6870 and max Metro 2033, BC2, Crysis vanilla(and warhead), STALKER CoP, Dirt 2, Mirrors Edge, SC2, ARMA 2, lost plant 2, Just cause 2,and just about everything else that is a decet port (That incldes MW2 and BO) at 45+ FPS at 1050p (and for games that aren't GPU hogs you can get much higher FPS at 1080p) really I think its just that peope are misinformed and don't really want to look into PC gaming. so they don't hear much about it, they see no cmmercials no Massive blockbuster franchises (other than Blizzard games) and decide "Well its dying, I mean they only got one dev working on WoW."
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

Gaming on a PC was big in the late 90s and early 2k..Its not anymore. Its downsized a lot in terms of people and popularity. There is NO arguing this point. Consoles have always had good customers,its poplar,easy to get into and will always be more mainstream. PCgamers just dont like to hear it..

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jedikevin2

Gaming on a PC was big in the late 90s and early 2k..Its not anymore. Its downsized a lot in terms of people and popularity. There is NO arguing this point. Consoles have always had good customers,its poplar,easy to get into and will always be more mainstream. PCgamers just dont like to hear it..

VanDammFan

LOL... No argueing over something you or me can prove... Yeah... ok? So pc gamers don't have good customers? Your statements are making no sense man.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lundy86_4

VanDammFan

Don't like to hear it? On the contrary, I have heard it, and now i'm going to ask you to prove it. I'm interested to see your proof regarding how it has downsized, in what areas, and by how much.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mayceV

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

jedikevin2

yeah I'm looking forward to 4 of those and a bunch of multiplats that I'll get on PC. and if diablo 3 comes out I just might get it- Just wish it would be 60$. Acti is killing me I mean look at EA charging 60$ for MoH (which was the dumbest move I had ever seen logically. I mean If I were EA I'd under cut BO by 10 bucks so gamers see MoH as a better deal at first glance. It would have given MoH more leverage beyond a old brand name and a MP segment made by Dice. Sorry but EA totally utterly Failed there I mean CoD is a so much bigger name than MoH that ... gah- EA.... If you continue to release 60$ games-ZOMG! BF3 better be 50$. )

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

-edit

AnnoyedDragon
My face while watching that video: :-I :-o :-O 8-O Wtf?
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

VanDammFan

Actually for me has been the opposite. I went from consoles only to PC after the ps2. I think that this was a general trend. Many players moved to pc during the ps2 era. A gaming PC didn't cost as much as before, internet wasn't anymore a luxury, mmos started to become mainstream, multiplayer shooters too and a ps2/xbox didn't use all this.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Hmm...I find it surprising for people to say that PC has no exclusives, when in fact it has more exclusives than either the PS3, X360, and even Wii.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mayceV
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

Don't like to hear it? On the contrary, I have heard it, and now i'm going to ask you to prove it. I'm interested to see your proof regarding how it has downsized, in what areas, and by how much.

DIDN'T YOU HEAR? I MS is returing to PC gaming! ZOMG! its dying! DIDN'T YOU KNOW? the 5000 series only sold 16 million in its first 7 months! DIDN'T YOU REALIZE? DD is reducing piracy! CAN'T YOU COMPREHEND? CS:S, UT2004, and BF2 is still played avidly to this day! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? PC GAMING HAS NO LEGS! IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY SERIOUS FANS! PC GAMING ISN'T THE ONLY SYSTEM THAT HAS 200 MILLION GAMERS PER MONTH!- wait a minute... yes it is...
TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 TheGrudge13  Online
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts
PC gamin wasn't , isn't and wont die . but if that happed then you know that video games did with it
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lundy86_4

DIDN'T YOU HEAR? I MS is returing to PC gaming! ZOMG! its dying! DIDN'T YOU KNOW? the 5000 series only sold 16 million in its first 7 months! DIDN'T YOU REALIZE? DD is reducing piracy! CAN'T YOU COMPREHEND? CS:S, UT2004, and BF2 is still played avidly to this day! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? PC GAMING HAS NO LEGS! IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY SERIOUS FANS! PC GAMING ISN'T THE ONLY SYSTEM THAT HAS 200 MILLION GAMERS PER MONTH!- wait a minute... yes it is... mayceV

Lol'd :P

I just want to look at the evidence :cry:

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

jedikevin2

pssh..last great game the PC had was starcraft 2..and before that crysis.

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 TheGrudge13  Online
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts
PC gamin wasn't , isn't and wont die . but if that happed then you know that video games did with it
XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
Gaming on the PC was never dying. It's a myth that people like to portray based on their very ignorance. I believe most of them spout that crap only because there have been a recent timeframe where -they- did not like any games that came out. Then they reason PC is dying because -their- tastes are not catered to. A rather egocentric argument, really.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Espada12

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

-edit

KalDurenik

I loved the whole originality speech they gave and said the most a game like UC2 would get is 9.3 because GT puts strong emphasis on originality.

LATER THAT YEAR! MW 2 9.5! I laughed IRL at that.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Why PC gaming is dying

1. There's no exclusives coming out for the PC
  2. With the rise of DD every PC game is now downloadable, and we all know downloadable games are judged on a different standard (a lower one)
  3. There's barely any indie support on the platform
  4. 99% of all free games that come out happen to be on the consoles, and not the PC
  5. All e-sports are played in the MLG which is the pinnacle of competitive gaming with games like Call of Duty
  6. Big publishers such as THQ, Acti/Blizzard, EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, etc don't release exclusive games for the PC, but they release a bunch of exclusive games on the consoles
  7. There's no big developers on the PC anymore. Companies like id and Valve haven't actually been making multiplats since they beginning. Instead they just started making multiplats this generation.
  8. Simulations, strategy games, and MMOs aren't fun. I would never play one, and therefore can't really have an opinion on it, but they don't seem as fun as Call of Duty, or other Michael Bay productions.
  9. Also, simulations, strategy, and MMO games are the only things that come out for PC. There's no exclusive RPGs, shooters, or adventure games on the PC anymore because they'd all be pirated.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Why PC gaming is dying

1. There's no exclusives coming out for the PC
  2. With the rise of DD every PC game is now downloadable, and we all know downloadable games are judged on a different standard (a lower one)
  3. There's barely any indie support on the platform
  4. 99% of all free games that come out happen to be on the consoles, and not the PC
  5. All e-sports are played in the MLG which is the pinnacle of competitive gaming with games like Call of Duty
  6. Big publishers such as THQ, Acti/Blizzard, EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, etc don't release exclusive games for the PC, but they release a bunch of exclusive games on the consoles
  7. There's no big developers on the PC anymore. Companies like id and Valve haven't actually been making multiplats since they beginning. Instead they just started making multiplats this generation.
  8. Simulations, strategy games, and MMOs aren't fun. I would never play one, and therefore can't really have an opinion on it, but they don't seem as fun as Call of Duty, or other Michael Bay productions.
  9. Also, simulations, strategy, and MMO games are the only things that come out for PC. There's no exclusive RPGs, shooters, or adventure games on the PC anymore because they'd all be pirated.
Raymundo_Manuel
awesome list man :lol:
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

VanDammFan

Why do I think PC gaming is dying?

Because there is some unknown, very mysterious, and very evil force among us that attempts to corrupt our minds, and make us think thoughts like the one above.

Not all of us have fallen victim to it yet. No! But soon those of us still hanging on by that last golden thread of hope, resisting this evil entity will soon be overcome by the might of His armies, and His three greatest generals. General Xbox Advertisements, General Pachter Predictions, and General Uninformed Consolite.

Each is possessed by a piece of this evil's soul. It's lifeblood runs through them all! But no one gamer is powerful enough to overtake, and destroy them. Only once such a trifecta has come can we rid the world of evil once and for all.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

Because it is?

iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iAtrocious
Member since 2010 • 1567 Posts

I don't, and it isn't.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

PC exclusives are still being released - the latest is the RPG Drakensang - The River of Time.

Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts

MaddenBowler10
Dude, who ever you find spending $500 a year on a computer is either dumb or rich. I spend about that much every 3 years and only because i want to upgrade not because i have too. I enjoy upgrading my PC and seeing end results in the video games i play everyday. However my GTX 460 is at 850 MHZ will keep me above consoles for the rest of this generation, however i just flat out enjoy upgrades, like most PC gamers do, we love it.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kokuro_Kun

PC exclusives are still being released - the latest is the RPG Drakensang - The River of Time.

topsemag55
Dont forget Starcraft, Civilization, Diablo, Dota 2, the likes of Indie games like Amnesia and just about every multi-platform being the better game on the PC with visuals/mods.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kokuro_Kun

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

lundy86_4

Put it this way, Blizzard wouldn't keep making PC exclusives if the platform was dead. When Starcraft and Diablo leave the PC community, i will admit it, but until then, PC gaming is doing perfect thanks to Games For Windows and Steam.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#43 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It's a joke now and days.

Minecraft sold 1 Million copies this past week. If anything it's growing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Because it is?

DerpyMcDerp

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts
PC gaming is far from dead.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#46 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
If I was a bit slow and simple and drooled all the time I guess I would say that...
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Because they haven't seen this video yet:

TOP10 PC Exclusives 2011 - Part I

TOP10 PC Exclusives 2011 - Part II

Or my huge list of games to be release this year on this site: 2011: A PC Odyssey (in portuguese)

;)

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 millerlight89
If I was a bit slow and simple and drooled all the time I guess I would say that...Arach666
:lol: You just won the internetz.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"][QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

-edit

Espada12

I loved the whole originality speech they gave and said the most a game like UC2 would get is 9.3 because GT puts strong emphasis on originality.

LATER THAT YEAR! MW 2 9.5! I laughed IRL at that.

Yeah i was more shocked over how dumb that video was :O but then again just look at all the topics on how PC gaming is dying... and stuff like that...
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Because it's catchy. :P