Why do people say the Wii doesn't have games? February and March say otherwise.

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It's going to be a great 2 months for hardcore Wii owners. :o

Seriously, this just proves that the Wii is a great console for hardcore gamers, even if you don't personally dig these games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Wow what a horrible list outside of MadWorld...
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Wow what a horrible list outside of MadWorld...Aljosa23
This and also those are in February and March, you kinda agreed with the "wii has no games" part.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
The Tenchu series has been pretty poor as of late, as has Sonic, Chop Till Your Drop is a nerfed RE4 mod, HOTD is just another on-rails shooter (like the Wii doesn't have enough of them already...), Bikini Zombie Slayers looks like shovelware and I've never even heard of Samurai Showdown. Deadly Creatures and Madworld on the other hand, look interesting :).
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
It's easier to bash the lineup than it is to acknowledge that there are actually games coming out for it.
Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
Several of those games could be good... A few will be good. Chances are, most of them won't be good. This is just like the hundreds of list of "look at all those great games!" that I've seen in these forums for two generations now, for any system you can name. Invariably, most of them end up being pretty meh, whether its Lairs or Brute Forces or Genjis or Gun Valkyries or Heavenly Swords you're talking about.
Avatar image for megamanxfanatic
megamanxfanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 megamanxfanatic
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

They say it has no games because, moreso than any other console (though i'm not saying it doesn't apply to any other) the ratio of crap to decent games is seriously tilted the wrong way at the minute, and I say this as a lifelong nintendo fan.

I also think the blame for the situation is unfairly shifted onto nintendo. They haven't done much to actually support the wii creatively, yet it seems like they somehow take the blame for every last party game that exists on the console. The problem the wii has right now is that smart gamers have tod rip feed themselves the good stuff, or it'll be gathering dust within months of purchase.

The biggest problem the system has to overcome is that western developers just aren't taking it seriously. Between the casual buyers and the hardcore gamers, they could afford to take SOME creative risks, given that someone out there will eventually buy their game, but instead pretty much everyone bar a select few is grinding out party games by the buckeload.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
The Tenchu series has been pretty poor as of late, as has Sonic, Chop Till Your Drop is a nerfed RE4 mod, HOTD is just another on-rails shooter (like the Wii doesn't have enough of them already...), Bikini Zombie Slayers looks like shovelware and I've never even heard of Samurai Showdown. Deadly Creatures and Madworld on the other hand, look interesting :). Silent-Hal
:o. You never heard of Samurai Showdown. I don't even know how to respond to this.
Avatar image for RandomWarrior69
RandomWarrior69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 RandomWarrior69
Member since 2007 • 1649 Posts
All of those games, maybe except Madworld, are fail. The first Dead Rising was terrible, the fact that this one is going on Wii.....it will be horrific, and I mean terribly horrific, not zombie horrific.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
The Tenchu series has been pretty poor as of late, as has Sonic, Chop Till Your Drop is a nerfed RE4 mod, HOTD is just another on-rails shooter (like the Wii doesn't have enough of them already...), Bikini Zombie Slayers looks like shovelware and I've never even heard of Samurai Showdown. Deadly Creatures and Madworld on the other hand, look interesting :). Silent-Hal
When you said "Never heard of Samurai Showdown" your post just called out "SUPER FAIL".
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#12 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

It's easier to bash the lineup than it is to acknowledge that there are actually games coming out for it.Zhengi

Too bad they don't look any good.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
reports going round that dead rising is rubbish
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz

the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"Giancar

Cool, you've played them. :roll: Oh wait...

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

Mad World

House of The Dead: Overkill

Are the only games that list worth getting.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Amazing lineup.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Giancar

[QUOTE="Giancar"]the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"BioShockOwnz

nope, but previews show me otherwise...specially DR heck you haven't played those either, lets wait and we shall see I am pumped for madworld though and it is a must buy for me
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dibdibdobdobo
reports going round that dead rising is rubbishNSR34GTR
I bet a cookie its rubbish. Though i dont like games of this type.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Looks decent. Also, to clear up the confusion, TEnchu 4 is being made by Acquire, not the Tenchu Z team.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"]the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"Giancar

nope, but previews show me otherwise...specially DR heck you haven't played those either, lets wait and we shall see I am pumped for madworld though and it is a must buy for me

Really? I mean Dead Rising is poor but IGN and GS were impressed with Deadly Creatures and HoTD Overkill. IGN also gave a positive preview of Tenchu.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
:) 5/8 games have swords on the box art. But looks fun. SWORDS!! well I can understand. with the wii mote.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Giancar
What a terrible list of games but Mad World and OnechanbaraToriko42
are you hype for Onechanbara :? man I see the game gettin 6 and being soo repetitive
RandolphScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 RandolphScott
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts
I can honestly say nothing on that list interests me in the slightest bit. SF4 and Killzone 2 will have me set for months by themselves.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Giancar
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

SMR-Venom

Really? I mean Dead Rising is poor but IGN and GS were impressed with Deadly Creatures and HoTD Overkill. IGN also gave a positive preview of Tenchu.

well in my eyes...madworld is something special...the other ones are meh IMO

HoTD could be fun, but after the mega bad mouth taste RE:UC gave me....I don't know :?

ninjaxmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjaxmas
Member since 2008 • 244 Posts
woooooo go tenchu GO!!!
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Dead rising looks to be just as bad as the one on the 360. Capcom wasted money and time porting this crap game to the wii.
RandolphScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#28 RandolphScott
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]What a terrible list of games but Mad World and OnechanbaraGiancar
are you hype for Onechanbara :? man I see the game gettin 6 and being soo repetitive

Onechanbara looks terrible on both the Wii and 360. Fanservice gone terribly, horribly, and inexplicably wrong. Aya's default costume isn't sexy or cool in anyway, it's just dorky. Every time I look at the game, it just looks so insanely dumb. At best, it would be a serviceable downloadable budget game, but as a full retail release? Get the hell out.
LordDhampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LordDhampire
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts

Wow what a horrible list outside of MadWorld...Aljosa23

This is exactly what I was thinking, I love dead rising but not wii dead rising have you seen the screen shots? the wii can't even support that many zombies on screen

Maxyboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maxyboy13
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts

I only see House of the Dead and MadWorld as being worth it on that list.

BTW BioShock, your Sheep is showing. :P

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Silent-Hal
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]The Tenchu series has been pretty poor as of late, as has Sonic, Chop Till Your Drop is a nerfed RE4 mod, HOTD is just another on-rails shooter (like the Wii doesn't have enough of them already...), Bikini Zombie Slayers looks like shovelware and I've never even heard of Samurai Showdown. Deadly Creatures and Madworld on the other hand, look interesting :). Dibdibdobdobo
When you said "Never heard of Samurai Showdown" your post just called out "SUPER FAIL".

Why, because I haven't heard of some crappy old fighting series that isn't relevant anymore :P?
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Giancar
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]The Tenchu series has been pretty poor as of late, as has Sonic, Chop Till Your Drop is a nerfed RE4 mod, HOTD is just another on-rails shooter (like the Wii doesn't have enough of them already...), Bikini Zombie Slayers looks like shovelware and I've never even heard of Samurai Showdown. Deadly Creatures and Madworld on the other hand, look interesting :). Silent-Hal

Why, because I haven't heard of some crappy old fighting series that isn't relevant anymore :P?

man back in the time the game Pwned, in Neo geo ohhh the memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="Giancar"]the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"BioShockOwnz

How would you know that these are all good games? So you have played them I assume? Oh wait...
ninjaxmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ninjaxmas
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]The Tenchu series has been pretty poor as of late, as has Sonic, Chop Till Your Drop is a nerfed RE4 mod, HOTD is just another on-rails shooter (like the Wii doesn't have enough of them already...), Bikini Zombie Slayers looks like shovelware and I've never even heard of Samurai Showdown. Deadly Creatures and Madworld on the other hand, look interesting :). Silent-Hal

SS is only one of the best fighting series ever made...
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts
Madworld will be good, house of the daed should be decent and the rest, I'll wait for reviews. Gotta at least give these games a chance, besides, maybe this will be Sonic's return to form :P
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Silent-Hal
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"][QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"] When you said "Never heard of Samurai Showdown" your post just called out "SUPER FAIL".ninjaxmas

That, my good sir, is a matter of opinion ;). I probably haven't heard of it because there were never any arcades where I live :P.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]What a terrible list of games but Mad World and OnechanbaraGiancar

Some people dig campy b-movie games. The Simple 2000 Series (Earth Defense Force, Onechanbara, etc.) of games is very popular in Japan because of that. They're fun and shallow budget titles. Gametrailers and Gamespot both dug Earth Defense Force 2017 because of that.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"]the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"

You don't like House of the Dead,,,where is the love from the old school gamers. I loved that game on the Dreamcast back in the day Anyways TC your missing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. I don't know if your going to post it but I plan to buy the Mario Tennis remake and please don't post Dead Rising you make Nintendo fans look bad,
ninjaxmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ninjaxmas
[QUOTE="ninjaxmas"][QUOTE="Silent-Hal"] Why, because I haven't heard of some crappy old fighting series that isn't relevant anymore :P? Silent-Hal

That, my good sir, is a matter of opinion ;). I probably haven't heard of it because there were never any arcades where I live :P.

oh no, its FACT. didn't you know, my opinions are ALWAYS fact. just ask the TC lol...
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"]the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"Aljosa23

How would you know that these are all good games? So you have played them I assume? Oh wait...

First, I never said they were going to be "good games", so taken out of context, my fellow Gamespotter.

Second, some people dig niche titles, especially cool hardcore gamers like myself, so we smile when we get some niche hardcore gaming.

Peace!

cuddlesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cuddlesofwar
Member since 2008 • 1138 Posts
Every console has games. Lets just say, The Wii has no games that interest me.
ninjaxmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ninjaxmas

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]What a terrible list of games but Mad World and OnechanbaraBioShockOwnz

Some people dig campy b-movie games. The Simple 2000 Series (Earth Defense Force, Onechanbara, etc.) of games is very popular in Japan because of that. They're fun and shallow budget titles. Gametrailers and Gamespot both dug Earth Defense Force 2017 because of that.

i'd agree with you, edf is bloody awesome. EDF EDF EDF
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Giancar
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="Giancar"]the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"

You don't like House of the Dead,,,where is the love from the old school gamers. I loved that game on the Dreamcast back in the day Anyways TC your missing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. I don't know if your going to post it but I plan to buy the Mario Tennis remake and please don't post Dead Rising you make Nintendo fans look bad,

well as I stated in another post RE:UC left me with a mega bad mouth taste... so I am not really hyped for the game, those type of games I only enjoy in arcades tbh
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]The Tenchu series has been pretty poor as of late, as has Sonic, Chop Till Your Drop is a nerfed RE4 mod, HOTD is just another on-rails shooter (like the Wii doesn't have enough of them already...), Bikini Zombie Slayers looks like shovelware and I've never even heard of Samurai Showdown. Deadly Creatures and Madworld on the other hand, look interesting :). Dibdibdobdobo

Dude, that game is old school....I use to play that game at the arcade and never could afford a Neo Geo at the time to get it.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
The new FF game is coming out in february or march :?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

First, I never said they were going to be "good games", so taken out of context, my fellow Gamespotter.

Second, some people dig niche titles, especially cool hardcore gamers like myself, so we smile when we get some niche hardcore gaming.

Peace!

Obviously you implied that they are good games, you wouldn't of posted them if they are bad. :|

Niche? These games are trash. Games like MadWorld, LKS, and FF: CC are niche titles, not rehashes of Dead Rising and a bikini cowboy game. :|

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="Giancar"][ well as I stated in another post RE:UC left me with a mega bad mouth taste... so I am not really hyped for the game, those type of games I only enjoy in arcades tbh

I just hope they give us a gun like they did back in the Dreamcast days. I still have mine somewhere. I have played RE:UC though, I almost picked it up back when it was new and to tell you the truth I forgot the game was even out. I rather play games like house of the dead at home, they cost to me to many quarters at the arcade. Well they are more than just 1 quarter now, but you get the point.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="Giancar"]the only good over there is madworld and lol for calling DR wii "hardcore"HarlockJC

Indeed. The lack of love for Samurai Showdown and HotD makes me sad. I guess I'm getting old. :P

But seriously, the "new" HotD is looking great. I love the new 70's western b-movie direction.

And advice taken. ;)

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

[QUOTE="Zhengi"]It's easier to bash the lineup than it is to acknowledge that there are actually games coming out for it.SpinoRaptor24

Too bad they don't look any good.

You can't judge a book by its cover.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dibdibdobdobo

Wait a minute, If you never heard of the game that pretty much means you have never played it which means you cannot give a opinion if its crappy or not. Overall your post is not relevant.