Why do lemmings think the 360 will win?

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
i'm not going to read all that but i agree that 360 won't win
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
good post i agree 360 will not win without asia. wii looks to be the big seller this gen.
DrOleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DrOleg
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts

why do lemmings think the 360 will win?

because it does. right now. open your eyes. 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.DSgamer64
Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.
terry_tate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 terry_tate
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts

Why do cows think the PS3 will win?

Why do sheep think the Wii will win?

We all have our reasons.:shock:

ndrewn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ndrewn
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts
does it really benefit us if the 360 wins or not, I didnt think so.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
good post i agree 360 will not win without asia. wii looks to be the big seller this gen. deadmeat59
Exactly. Too large a market to ignore over there. Not to mention the Wii's advantage in price.
Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
Simple answer as to why I think the Xbox 360 has a CHANCE of winning at least. They have a lot more games this generation then before. They have a great online system setup. The price has the ability to come down a lot which will have the casuals waiting for a price drop buy the system.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.shungokustasu

good unbiased thoughts there. :roll:...

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
the 360 is currently selling just a bit more than the original xbox did when it first came out. Considering that the xbox had the competition of the ps2 and the GC whereas the 360 had none. I dont see how lemmings can assume they've won anthing.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
It wont but, it will be close to beating the best :P
donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts
Im a sheep and I think the 360 will probably win
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts

terry_tate
ps3-brand name,blue ray will win,good games are coming wii-price,casuals,1st party games,wiimote.
jnhay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jnhay
Member since 2005 • 1171 Posts

Why do people relate console sales to winning or losing? Microsoft will essentially "win" if they make a good amount of money with the 360. The same goes for any other console that is released.

It's sad that people (outside the respective companies of course) can actually care about one video game console having more sales than the other. What's the benefit?

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.MADVLAD123

that was bias, but it's the truth. If Halo 1 and 2 was so awesome. why did Xbox flopped?
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

[QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.shungokustasu
Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.

Oh my god, another bad post.  

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2largeadults
[QUOTE="lazzordude"]ps3-brand name,blue ray will win,good games are coming wii-price,casuals,1st party games,wiimote.

Excellent analysis.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
MGS and FF are the only thing keeping the PS3 alive, those games have got so much hype backin them... but don't worry they will be on the 360 soon.
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Evo310whp
Member since 2006 • 3206 Posts

[QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.shungokustasu

You know I love how you are so sure that the PS3 will pass the 360. The way the PS3 is doing right now you should not even be thinking about passing anything.

zaibutzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 zaibutzu
Member since 2004 • 1276 Posts
ps3 has low sales now. But people have a certain mentality. That is to wait for a year for the price to drop and then buy their wanted console. There are a lot more of these people that are going to buy ps3 than 360. Just a theory.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deadmeat59
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.shungokustasu

that was bias, but it's the truth. If Halo 1 and 2 was so awesome. why did Xbox flopped?

owned
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DSgamer64

terry_tate

Yea well at this point it seems the lemmings think that the 360 will win even though the gen just started rolling along. Anyone who counts out the PS3 before its even had a price drop is nuts, because it will start selling well when the price comes down and more games are out. The PS3 and Wii dont have very great lineups right now, some games are decent but nothing fantastic, and what is needed to sell more systems is games. I dont think we will really know which way this year is going to go for game sales until E3 when dates are announced for new titles and such.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.Evo310whp

You know I love how you are so sure that the PS3 will pass the 360. The way the PS3 is doing right now you should not even be thinking about passing anything.

It's call confindence. I know I have a set of grapefruits.
JCMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JCMatrix
Member since 2003 • 2025 Posts

Nice wall o' text you did there.

Spikenenspikspi
Woah! Thats has worse structure than the Berlin wall!
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DSgamer64

ps3 has low sales now. But people have a certain mentality. That is to wait for a year for the price to drop and then buy their wanted console. There are a lot more of these people that are going to buy ps3 than 360. Just a theory.zaibutzu

I personally dont think the PS3 will pass the 360, well at least not this year for sales, that all depends on the games though I guess. I would imagine that both consoles will be relatively close in sales for quite a while and there will be a lot of dual platform games.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.deadmeat59

owned

1: why are we talking about xbox all of a sudden? Stop changing the subject.

2: Xbox had no fanbase to start with, while the PS2 was already popular.

3: Halo 1 and 2 actually helped xbox gain millions of sales

4: 25 million consoles sold is not a flop

5: If it's biased, its's not the truth and no one will believe you except the dellusional cows (i.e: The guy that said "owned" above me).

6: It's "Why did xbox flop". Not "Why did xbox flopped". If you want to be persuasive, make sure you sould intelligent.

Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Evo310whp
Member since 2006 • 3206 Posts
[QUOTE="Evo310whp"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.shungokustasu

It's call confindence. I know I have a set of grapefruits.

A set of grapefruit huh more like a set of grapes. Well will see I guess. But its more like wishful thinking; something you cows like to do alot of in my opinion but whatever you want to call it grapefruit man.

jiggawho2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jiggawho2006
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

LOL ps3 is going to outsell 360 by January 2008? do you know how to do math? in order for ps3 to catch up in 9 months, it needs to sell around 1 million a MONTH, that's right, 1 million a month...so you EXPECT ps3 to sell 1 million a month? with 127K feb sales? lol don't kid yourself
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
as long as it continues to outsell the ps3 every month it will win
Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
While X-box 360 sells terribly in Asia, PS3 sells terribly everywhere.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.jiggawho2006

LOL ps3 is going to outsell 360 by January 2008? do you know how to do math? in order for ps3 to catch up in 9 months, it needs to sell around 1 million a MONTH, that's right, 1 million a month...so you EXPECT ps3 to sell 1 million a month? with 127K feb sales? lol don't kid yourself

You have to think about Holiday sales and Summer sales. They usually rise above 200-400% of the monthly sales . OMG!!!! of course you knew that...
jiggawho2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jiggawho2006
ps3 has low sales now. But people have a certain mentality. That is to wait for a year for the price to drop and then buy their wanted console. There are a lot more of these people that are going to buy ps3 than 360. Just a theory.zaibutzu
A theory without any proof is good as sex without a partner, in the end, you're just ____ing yourself
SoulKillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 SoulKillah
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
[QUOTE="2largeadults"][QUOTE="lazzordude"]ps3-brand name,blue ray will win,good games are coming wii-price,casuals,1st party games,wiimote.

Excellent analysis.

I agree:wink:
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.MADVLAD123

owned

5: If it's biased, its's not the truth and no one will believe you except the dellusional cows (i.e: The guy that said "owned" above me).

6: It's "Why did xbox flop". Not "Why did xbox flopped". If you want to be persuasive, make sure you sould intelligent.

lol, ok. Just wondering are you a sheep? and for bias is not true you don't sound intelligent when you said that comment. I'm bias towards good thing does that mean good things are not true?
Oni_Ookami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Oni_Ookami
Member since 2005 • 2765 Posts

Why do people relate console sales to winning or losing? Microsoft will essentially "win" if they make a good amount of money with the 360. The same goes for any other console that is released.

It's sad that people (outside the respective companies of course) can actually care about one video game console having more sales than the other. What's the benefit?

jnhay

QFtT
enzogt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 enzogt
Member since 2005 • 276 Posts
Why do cows think the PS3 has a good library? ...ha.
jiggawho2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jiggawho2006
[QUOTE="jiggawho2006"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.shungokustasu

so you're saying ONLY PS3 will get 200 to 400% rise? it's like saying...when Sony PR said..."it was a short month in Feb" LOL ps3 is going to outsell 360 by January 2008? do you know how to do math? in order for ps3 to catch up in 9 months, it needs to sell around 1 million a MONTH, that's right, 1 million a month...so you EXPECT ps3 to sell 1 million a month? with 127K feb sales? lol don't kid yourself

You have to think about Holiday sales and Summer sales. They usually rise above 200-400% of the monthly sales . OMG!!!! of course you knew that...

jiggawho2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jiggawho2006
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="jiggawho2006"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.jiggawho2006

so you're saying ONLY PS3 will get 200 to 400% rise? it's like saying...when Sony PR said..."it was a short month in Feb" LOL ps3 is going to outsell 360 by January 2008? do you know how to do math? in order for ps3 to catch up in 9 months, it needs to sell around 1 million a MONTH, that's right, 1 million a month...so you EXPECT ps3 to sell 1 million a month? with 127K feb sales? lol don't kid yourself

so ONLY ps3 gets 200 to 400% increase in sales, i get it now...
chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
the 360 is currently selling just a bit more than the original xbox did when it first came out. Considering that the xbox had the competition of the ps2 and the GC whereas the 360 had none. I dont see how lemmings can assume they've won anthing.samusarmada
The xbox launched with halo 360 did not. This holiday could possibly decide the console wars this genration. 360 is going to have gta 4 and halo on the same console and $200 cheaper than the ps3. Sony should really be worried that 360 is selling more per month than 360 and HALO 3 has yet to be released.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deadmeat59
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.shungokustasu

owned

lol, ok. Just wondering are you a sheep? and for bias is not true you don't sound intelligent when you said that comment. I'm bias towards good thing does that mean good things are not true?

everyone said game cube floped and it has 21 million. what you say about that? its not that much far behide
gamerdude27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 gamerdude27
Member since 2006 • 1826 Posts

Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.shungokustasu

And you heard it from me, the PS3 has no chance in passing the 360 when the only high-profile games it has backing it up are Final Fantasy and MGS, two franchises that are already in discussion of going multi-plat. Sure, it still has Heavenly Sword, GT5, and Lair, but those don't even come close to stacking up to the 360's Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, Forza 2, Huxley, Gears of War (& GOW2), Alan Wake, Blue Dragon, Splinter Cell 5, Kane and Lynch, Too Human, Shadowrun, and Lost Odyssey. Plus, with games like Assassin's Creed, DMC4, and GTA IV all on a cheaper platform, I don't think the PS3 will be catching up anytime soon, especially if MGS and FF come over to the 360.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="jiggawho2006"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="jiggawho2006"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="DSgamer64"]Sales are slowing down for the 360 and its selling terribly in Japan and Asia as a whole, and you know why that is? Because of competition, the 360 may have a years head start but now that the PS3 and Wii are out, people are getting more of a selection of consoles to choose from and the fanbase for systems is still there, regardless of pricepoints, people are loyal to the brands they trust and will purchase the consoles they want. Nintendo is serving up a nice helping of innovation this gen and the PS3, while expensive is pushing Blu Ray as the new storage medium and people want new experiences in gaming. There may not be phenominal games out for both the PS3 and Wii but there are games on the way that will no doubt move some units, and the Wii will be like the PS2 last gen and going for a more casual audience with games like No More Heroes, GTA (rumored), Sadness and Resident Evil: UC even though it has considerably weaker hardware then the competition. Remember when the PS2 came out, it cost like 500 dollars in some places even though it was clearly already out of date hardware wise compared to PC's, yet it was inferior to the GC and Xbox by a huge margain? It still wound up selling the most units, so dont think that just because the Wii is weaker then the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it wont sell the most units, its pushing more then just the controller as a new gaming experience, its also going for a more affordable price tag with great games. The 360 has the lead right now, but sales are slowing and the competition is underway, dont count out the PS3 because of its price tag or the weaker hardware of the Wii.jiggawho2006

so ONLY ps3 gets 200 to 400% increase in sales, i get it now...

That's what I'm saying... 360 will not sale hot anymore. I expect no more than 100% increase for 360 during Summer and Holidays from here on out. PS3 price cuts will have a bigger sales impact then 360 price cuts. You heard it from me first. 360 is a great system, but doesn't compete with the Wii and the PS3.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] Heard it from me Wii will pass the 360 in September 2007, and PS3 will pass 360 in January 2008. 360 is a great system, but they need to stay in it's place, and that's dead last. Shooters don't make the gaming industry.gamerdude27

And you heard it from me, the PS3 has no chance in passing the 360 when the only high-profile games it has backing it up are Final Fantasy and MGS, two franchises that are already in discussion of going multi-plat. Sure, it still has Heavenly Sword, GT5, and Lair, but those don't even come close to stacking up to the 360's Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, Forza 2, Huxley, Gears of War (& GOW2), Alan Wake, Blue Dragon, Splinter Cell 5, Kane and Lynch, Too Human, Shadowrun, and Lost Odyssey. Plus, with games like Assassin's Creed, DMC4, and GTA IV all on a cheaper platform, I don't think the PS3 will be catching up anytime soon, especially if MGS and FF come over to the 360.

I would argue with you, but your whole post is opinion. None of those games you said are out. Come back when you have factual proof like numbers and stats.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
games > intangibles.:|
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shungokustasu

YES. Becaus you have to take in the bad things into account when looking at the truth. By looking at only the good sides of things, you are not looking at the whole picture. And therefore it would not be the truth.

Example: Hitler was a great man. He created the Volkswagon, vegetarianism, and he was a great artist.

Now that's not the truth. Hitler was not a great man. We would have to look at the negative points to get the actual truth. Hitler discriminated against different races, sexualities, and of course, jews. He killed millions of people, and he practically started World War 2.

See now that we have the bad points and good points we can gather up all the points and say: Hitler was not a great man. THAT would be the truth.

See what I mean?

MADVLAD123
The truth is wither it exist. I'm bias towards my girlfriend does that mean my love for her is not true?
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 2largeadults
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a44314/ps3-selling-faster-than-xbox-360-in-us.html Oh yea.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

YES. Becaus you have to take in the bad things into account when looking at the truth. By looking at only the good sides of things, you are not looking at the whole picture. And therefore it would not be the truth.

Example: Hitler was a great man. He created the Volkswagon, vegetarianism, and he was a great artist.

Now that's not the truth. Hitler was not a great man. We would have to look at the negative points to get the actual truth. Hitler discriminated against different races, sexualities, and of course, jews. He killed millions of people, and he practically started World War 2.

See now that we have the bad points and good points we can gather up all the points and say: Hitler was not a great man. THAT would be the truth.

See what I mean?

shungokustasu

The truth is wither it exist. I'm bias towards my girlfriend does that mean my love for her is not true?

I'm not argueing with you anymore. You obviously didn't understand anything from what I said. And you continue with these meaningless, and off topic arguements. Good Bye.