Why ConsoleGamers still use consoles when there is better alternative like PC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

Why console gamers still play with consoles when there is much better alternative like PC.

Here are some of the reasons why PC gaming is far better than consoles:

• Consoles play games with 20-30fps and PC with 60+ fps.
  • Consoles have 1280x720 and even sometimes sub HD resolutions (1024x600) but PC have 1920x1200 and 2560x1600.
  • Also PC have far better graphics (lighting, textures, shaders, physics etc).
  • Consoles have very limited Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering and most of the times they don't have at all.
  • With the consoles you cannot mod the game.
  • Console gamers struggling with the controller in fps games.
  • PC have much better online expiries than consoles. It is a fact that with consoles you are limited in multiplayer(lack of dedicated server, very limited number of players that can play together etc.)
  • With Consoles in multiplayer you had to always mute everybody to avoid whiny kiddy voices talking "gangsta".
  • PC has free online gaming. Also pc games are cheaper than console games.
  • Console gamers are always 5 years behind PC gamers.
  • There are tons of exclusives on PC gaming like starcraft 2, diablo 3, stalker, Crysis, the Witcher, Empire Total War, sims 3 etc too many too count.
  • If you like RTS and MMORPGS then PC is your only choice.

Ok, Many console gamers will say pc is more expensive, but that is not true because the PC has a better cost/benefit ratio which should be more important.

If it is really that important for you to have the cheapest gaming option, then you can play soccer with a tin can out of the trash.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Price, ease of use and just plain lack of interest on PC gaming are my reasons.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Preference homie. Preference.
salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
Split Screen for me
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I game on PC, PS3, & Xbox 360. I'll be buying Mass Effect 2 & Splinter Cell Conviction for my Xbox 360, that must just baffle you eh? Some people prefer gaming on consoles over PC, get over it already.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Split Screen for mesalxis

Which is sadly going away from some games :(

RedCat65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RedCat65
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts

I hate PC gaming it's so boring, I never feel the urge to play on, it's not exciting as console games, and on the PC everyone hacks and sends you evil viruses, you don't have to worry about this on consoles, and with a console you can insert the disk and away you go, with a PC you have to tweak everything because I bet you most of the time you will get some sort of error stopping you from playing and pissing you off.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Because consoles are cheaper, easy of use (only have to buy a new one every 5 or so years, no updating needed between then) and also they have less problems as well mainly in the software department though, but not the hardware department becasue of the 360. Consoles even have better games than what PC's offers in my opinion of course. So for me PC's aren't the better alternative consoles.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I like playing on consoles because they allow me to play in a more comfortable environment. That and they're often easier to just pick up and play. No unnecessary messing around.
salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts

[QUOTE="salxis"]Split Screen for megameofthering

Which is sadly going away from some games :(

I blame KZ2 :P, I don't care if the graphics are gonna look bad, co-op split screen is the way to go in my house

SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SomeGuyInLA
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

I tried PC gaming, it didn't workout. I feel more comfortable playing on consoles. I also prefer the games on consoles over PC's.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shawn7324

I am surprised that people prefer inferior system's (consoles) to play games.

MK-Professor
I'm also surprised you care enough to create a thread about it.
RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

PCPS3 combo is still the way to go for gaming. IMO.

Consoles are just the simpler way to doing things.
Some people just want to take the bus instead of getting their own car because they don't know how to drive or they don't want to worry about driving or about their cars parts. They don't care about the fact that it's faster and a better experience to drive somewhere yourself because they can deal with public transportation.

Doing both for different situations is a win. :P

BTW, many games run 60 FPS on consoles, especially fighting games and action games (NG, DMC4, MW1-2, Tekken 6 etc.)

And I don't know about you but I've encountered many immature children in various PC games, especially MMORPGs.

There are some neat stuffs for FPS on consoles too, ps3 can support kb/m though not many games implement it. There is also some mouse/wiimote-like thing for it.

Check this out

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MK-Professor

BTW, many games run 60 FPS on consoles, especially fighting games and action games (NG, DMC4, MW1-2, Tekken 6 etc.)

RavenLoud

Console do not run games with 60fps except of games that run in sub hd resolutions or games with very poor graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

MK-Professor
... not sure if trolling ........... anyway if everyone had the funds and the know how I would think they would all be pc gamers in some way.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I'd say that it is hell of a lot easier to just go into a store and buy a console than viewing parts and putting it yourself. And the fact that a console is easier to carry on a trip overseas/ to a friends house than a PC with speakers, monitor, mouse, keyboard etc.

Consoles are just that tad convenient I guess.

Giant_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Giant_Panda
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

Consoles are superior when it comes to ease of use, and many people prefer a controller over a mouse. Until the PC can over come both of those things at the same time, consoles will remain popular.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

Consoles are superior when it comes to ease of use, and many people prefer a controller over a mouse. Until the PC can over come both of those things at the same time, consoles will remain popular.

Giant_Panda

Laptops are as easy as it gets and PC's can use just about any controller out there.

Avatar image for BloodSeeker1337
BloodSeeker1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BloodSeeker1337
Member since 2009 • 1278 Posts
PC is far better than Consoles. IMO
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

People are arguing with price? PC games are cheaper than console games, and are overall a cheaper solution in longer term.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MK-Professor

Giant_Panda

I don't find anything hard or complicated on pc.

Do you known that you can buy controller of your preference if you want, but with consoles you are stack with one controller.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nagidar

People who say, "I prefer controllers over M/KB" obviously know absolutely nothing about PC gaming and probably should stick to consoles...

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
here is why I play on consoles verses my PC: BECAUSE I WANT TO /thread
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nagidar

here is why I play on consoles verses my PC: BECAUSE I WANT TO /threadhiryu3

This is probably the best reason so far, believe it or not. :)

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

[QUOTE="RavenLoud"]

MK-Professor

Console do not run games with 60fps except of games that run in sub hd resolutions or games with very poor graphics.

Wipeout HD, GOW and etc say hello. When is the last time you even played on a console because half of your statements are not even close to accurate

Giant_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Giant_Panda
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

Nagidar

Laptops are as easy as it gets and PC's can use just about any controller out there.

Yeah, I don't believe that for a second. Actually, I knowthat for a factthat laptops are still not nearly as easy to game on as consoles. You still have to install every game, check to make sure you meet the required specs, find the patches for the game (unless its steam), and possibly even get new drivers. Not to mention that the average consumer might have a hard time hooking up some of the controllers to their PC, and the fact that not every game supports the controller option anyway.

So my point still stands: the consoles are still much easier to use for most consumers, and many people prefer controllers which are supported seamlessly in every console game.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

Giant_Panda

Yeah, I don't believe that for a second. Actually, I knowthat for a factthat laptops are still not nearly as easy to game on as consoles. You still have to install every game, check to make sure you meet the required specs, find the patches for the game (unless its steam), and possibly even get new drivers. Not to mention that the average consumer might have a hard time hooking up some of the controllers to their PC, and the fact that not every game supports the controller option anyway.

So my point still stands: the consoles are still much easier to use for most consumers, and many people prefer controllers which are supported seamlessly in every console game.

Whats the difference between installing a game on PC and installing a game on a console?

Check to make sure you meet the required specs? Did you seriously type that? What, the back of the box doesn't say enough? Or a quick Google search won't cut it? Thats plain lazy, has nothing to do with ease of use...

Find patches for the game? Seriously? So, loading the game and clicking on "Check for updates" is that hard huh?

ALL GFW games support controllers, and their are mappers that will make a controller work...

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shawn7324

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

Giant_Panda

Well put sir. I've been gaming on PC forever & I completely understand why someone would prefer console gaming. Not sure why people are having such a hard time putting themselves in the other man's point of view.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shawn7324

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

Nagidar

Whats the difference between installing a game on PC nad installing a game on a console?

Check to make sure you meet the required specs? Did you seriously type that? What, the back of the box doesn't say enough? Or a quick Google search won't cut it? Thats plain lazy, has nothing to do with ease of use...

Find patches for the game? Seriously? So, loading the game and clicking on "Check for updates" is that hard huh?

ALL GFW games support controllers, and their are mappers that will make a controller work...

I don't have to install my 360 games?
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

shawn7324

Whats the difference between installing a game on PC nad installing a game on a console?

Didn't say you did, I said whats the difference between them, you pop a game in the PC and it "Auto Runs", you click on "Install", pretty simple.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shawn7324

[QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="Nagidar"]

Nagidar

Didn't say you did, I said whats the difference between them, you pop a game in the PC and it "Auto Runs", you click on "Install", pretty simple.

Yes it is simple, but I just put the game in & play on the console. I'm not the one trying to disprove you, just stepping into others shoes & trying to understand what they are saying.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="shawn7324"] I don't have to install my 360 games?shawn7324

Yes it is simple, but I just put the game in & play on the console. I'm mainly a PC gamer, just trying to understand the other side.

That's my point, most of these people probably haven't even gamed on a PC, they just throw all this BS out there without actually knowing how simple it really is...

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

[QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="Nagidar"]

Nagidar

Yes it is simple, but I just put the game in & play on the console. I'm mainly a PC gamer, just trying to understand the other side.

That's my point, most of these people probably haven't even gamed on a PC, they just throw all this BS out there without actually knowing how simple it really is...

Want my Steam account ID as proof I do actually play games on a PC?

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#37 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I wouldn't mind going the PC-only route, but there's some games on consolest that I just cannot miss out on ;).
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shawn7324

PC gaming is for absulute "nerds" you entire thread resumes to something everyone knows, PC is one step ahed in tech, thank you very mutch, you forgot however what defines Gaming, GAMES, in that PC is rubish a bunch of RTS , 1 good FPS, and everything else is blizzard made

PC is for MMO or CS, thats it.

SionPT

Come on man please educate yourself on PC gaming before you speak again.

suntaice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 suntaice
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

PC gaming is for absulute "nerds" you entire thread resumes to something everyone knows, PC is one step ahed in tech, thank you very mutch, you forgot however what defines Gaming, GAMES, in that PC is rubish a bunch of RTS , 1 good FPS, and everything else is blizzard made

SionPT

Bunch ofRTS? They are qualityRTS.First of all, there are rarely any RTS on consoles if not any. Second, RTS like DoTA and Starcraft have a much larger fanbase than your COD MW2 or other games.

As for controls, if your like your little analog stick, you can plug in a XBOX 360 controller but I wouldnt see why you would want to do that since Keyboard and mouse is much easier unless you really dont remember your hotkeys. Honestly, if I played the best COD MW2 playerson xbox livewith my trusty kb/m, i would dominate the entire team, even with consoles 'aim assist' for casuals.

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
another pc>console thread...another thread of it with a incredible lack of the most important aspect of why you choose that platform ...preference of games
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

MK-Professor
Because simplicity sells, and no PC on earth can beat the console's turn-key simplicity without turning itself into a console.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

MK-Professor

Do you known that you can buy controller of your preference if you want, but with consoles you are stack with one controller.

Did you know that many games don't recognize your controller or won't automatically assign the buttons sensibly (Games for Windows will do this for 360 gamepads, but what about all the others)? People want to just pick up and play, you know.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="RavenLoud"]

hiryu3

Wipeout HD, GOW and etc say hello. When is the last time you even played on a console because half of your statements are not even close to accurate

None of those play at 1920x1080@60fps with full graphical effects turned on.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shawn7324

[QUOTE="SionPT"]

suntaice

Bunch ofRTS? They are qualityRTS.First of all, there are rarely any RTS on consoles if not any. Second, RTS like DoTA and Starcraft have a much larger fanbase than your COD MW2 or other games.

As for controls, if your like your little analog stick, you can plug in a XBOX 360 controller but I wouldnt see why you would want to do that since Keyboard and mouse is much easier unless you really dont remember your hotkeys. Honestly, if I played the best COD MW2 playerson xbox livewith my trusty kb/m, i would dominate the entire team, even with consoles 'aim assist' for casuals.

Nobody is assisting my aim while sniping. I agree kb/m is much more easier, however I do prefer the 360 controller for some games.
suntaice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 suntaice
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

another pc>console thread...another thread of it with a incredible lack of the most important aspect of why you choose that platform ...preference of gameskidcool189

True, both have good exclusives. Depends on what you like.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

It all has to do with preference.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

Nagidar

Whats the difference between installing a game on PC and installing a game on a console?

Most games on consoles don't need to be installed. Put it in and go; no PC game can do that with 100% certainty. Simplicity sells. As for required specs, we're talking people who sometimes can't read an instruction manual. They may not know the difference between a Core 2, a Core i7, a Phenom, and so on. And not all games have a "Check for Updates" feature. Not to mention not all games are Games for Windows, and what if you prefer a PS-style pad over a 360 pad. Then the autoconfigure doesn't work.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MK-Professor

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]

HuusAsking

Did you know that many games don't recognize your controller or won't automatically assign the buttons sensibly (Games for Windows will do this for 360 gamepads, but what about all the others)? People want to just pick up and play, you know.

Really I don't think that is so difficult to assign some buttons….

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

PC is the "better" platform. To say it has better games I would have to argue. Racing games wise PC can not seem to compare to consoles with the likes of FORZA 3 and GT5.

PC as a platform overall is better but I would argue (I know ill get people saying OH TEH PC HAS 98398494 GAMES) but none of them are games that are PC selling games imo.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shawn7324

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

MK-Professor

Really I don't think that is so difficult to assign some buttons….

True it may not be that difficult, but while your doing that he is already gaming. Why is it you refuse to understand their point of view?