Why CONSOLE graphic looks so bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2106 posts) -

Well, those are just few old PC games from 2007-2011 or like that. Why "NEXT GEN" console still has worse graphic?

Really, if you going to post console images then those are without any anti aliasing, low textures, low frame rate and very linear.

So, this means when we will have ANOTHER NEXT GEN like in 2020 maybe, then we may have consoles that make game look great like 2007 PC game?

#2 Posted by lostrib (34236 posts) -

There have been all of like 2 graphically intensive next gen games (Ryse, KZSF). Maybe give it more than a month after release, before you go on about graphics. Also, even modded STALKER still looks like ass.

#3 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2106 posts) -

Ryse is not even 1080p... low textures, low frame rate-

Killzone does look great but it´s more of "art" than graphic.

#4 Posted by lostrib (34236 posts) -

next gen console graphics by no means look bad

#5 Posted by KeepClearx (59 posts) -

These pictures look like they are being played on a standard television in low resolution, kill zone on my new Samsung TV is so much sharper and more detailed (less blurry and washed out)

#6 Posted by lostrib (34236 posts) -

These pictures look like they are being played on a standard television in low resolution, kill zone on my new Samsung TV is so much sharper and more detailed (less blurry and washed out)

did you actually open the full size image?

#7 Posted by clyde46 (44804 posts) -

Why does this thread suck?

#8 Posted by kingdre (9456 posts) -

Another one of these threads I see.

#9 Edited by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -
#10 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

They don't, try harder.

#11 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

Because consoles are for non gamers with bad eye site.

#12 Posted by blackace (20238 posts) -

I agree. Forza 5 looks better then games. Console games aren't going to look better then PC games when PC continously get better graphic cards with more ram.

#13 Posted by farrell2k (5793 posts) -

Now you are just being a troll. Everyone knows that PC graphics > console, every time. The point is though that consoles look good enough. How realistic do you really expect your $400 console to look, seriously? If you spend even one moment playing a game on last or next gen consoles worrying about minor screen tearing of jagged edges here or there, you completely miss the entire point of gaming. If it breaks the illusion of "realism" so much for you, spend $700 or more on a high end PC and shut up already.

#14 Posted by lazerface216 (7492 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

*ding ding*

we have a winner!

NEXT!

#15 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Wow. those look... terrible. Thread backfire.

#16 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

next gen console graphics by no means look bad

Exactly what I was thinking, they don't look bad, they just aren't at the pinnacle of graphics technology. However not being the best doesn't automatically mean they are bad either.

#17 Posted by LustForSoul (5842 posts) -

Come back when game development on the new-gen consoles are optimized to the max. So about, what, 7-8 years?

#18 Posted by Carl_W21 (2020 posts) -

The way I deal with this is.... I own a PC/XBox/Playstation.

Win Win Win situation

#19 Posted by lundy86_4 (42978 posts) -

Those are some terrible screenshots, TC.

#20 Edited by lostrib (34236 posts) -

@Carl_W21 said:

Win Win Win situation

...a little out of date though

#21 Posted by Carl_W21 (2020 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Carl_W21 said:

Win Win Win situation

What's out of date ?

#22 Edited by Stringerboy (6946 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Well that's a no brainer.

#23 Posted by WallofTruth (1503 posts) -

@Carl_W21 said:

@lostrib said:

@Carl_W21 said:

Win Win Win situation

What's out of date ?

He means your console choice, Xbox and PlayStation are are like 10-15 years old. (And yes I know you meant Xbone and PS4 though)

#24 Posted by Carl_W21 (2020 posts) -

@Carl_W21 said:

@lostrib said:

@Carl_W21 said:

Win Win Win situation

What's out of date ?

He means your console choice, Xbox and PlayStation are are like 10-15 years old. (And yes I know you meant Xbone and PS4 though)

Oh I didn't realize it was a sarcastic joke lol, even if it was a PS1 or Xbox - still good consoles to have lol

#26 Edited by AM-Gamer (3557 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: There are games on both next get consoles that blow anything you posted out of the water. You think Stalker looks better then KZ SF? Lmao

#27 Posted by farrell2k (5793 posts) -

@Carl_W21 said:

Win Win Win situation

You own 3 systems that all play the same damned games at different levels of graphical fidelity. That seems kind of stupid to me.

#28 Edited by Peredith (2308 posts) -

Troll thread?

#29 Posted by mynamesdenvrmax (2194 posts) -

I like how every graphic conversation now goes to "How many P's does it have?!" and if the answer isn't "1080" or "Playstation" it's garbage.

#30 Edited by blamix99 (1668 posts) -

you are way too weird

#31 Posted by PAL360 (26698 posts) -

Those games look last gen, compared to Shadow Fall, Ryse and even Battlefield 4 on consoles.

#32 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

*yawn*

Better luck next gen herms. Or the next mortgage you have to take out to pay for your rig LOL!

#33 Posted by 04dcarraher (19215 posts) -

*yawn*

Better luck next gen herms. Or the next mortgage you have to take out to pay for your rig LOL!

didnt know $200-$250 mortgage was needed to cream the PS4..... KZ isnt anything special

#34 Posted by Bruin1986 (1230 posts) -

Because consoles are for non gamers with bad eye site.

eye site...

I'm a bit buzzed, but that made me lol.

Thank you for that!

#35 Edited by Bruin1986 (1230 posts) -

Ryse and Killzone: Shadow Fall literally look better than every single PC game you just posted...

Now if you had posted Battlefield 4 or Star Citizen...

#36 Edited by Ripsaw1994 (94 posts) -

Convenience. And honestly do graphics REALLY matter?

#37 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10313 posts) -

Ryse's frame rate and native resolution do not take away that it is a stupendous looking game. Not in any way, shape, or form.

Same goes with Killzone - a fantastic looking game.

#38 Edited by poptart (6834 posts) -

I really wouldn't worry about it

#39 Posted by The_Stand_In (377 posts) -

Ryse and Killzone: Shadow Fall literally look better than every single PC game you just posted...

Now if you had posted Battlefield 4 or Star Citizen...

I'm a PC gamer, but I have to agree with this.

STALKER looks terrible. Even with mods, it's like lipstick on a pig. The game never looked that great to begin with, but time has not been kind to it.

Even good ol' Crysis is beginning to show its age with muddy textures and jagged geometry.

Shattered Horizon (yes, I knew what game that was without looking it up) has blurry textures and awful, blocky geometry. Look at those asteroids in the top of the second picture. Yikes!

There are some older(ish) PC games that put the PS4 and Xbox One to shame, but there's a limit man. You posted crap examples in an attempt to raise "last generation" PC gaming over current generation console gaming, and while they stack up okay, they ultimately fail.

#40 Posted by wis3boi (31102 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

shit input, shit output

#41 Edited by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

PC > Consoles graphically. But the consoles still look bloody great, and for what you pay for them you get a helluva lot of bang for buck. Now I only have one complaint about this thread and that's Stalker CoP. Yes it's an awesome game with a terrific atmosphere but the graphics are one of it's weakest points. Even with the complete mod it didn't make that much of a difference, but did improve the obvious flaws it had graphically. Don't even force yourself to believe it looks better than Killzone SF or Ryse.

#42 Edited by Carl_W21 (2020 posts) -

@Carl_W21 said:

Win Win Win situation

You own 3 systems that all play the same damned games at different levels of graphical fidelity. That seems kind of stupid to me.

Who said I play the same damned games on them ? I don't have any duplicate games

#43 Edited by VanDammFan (4229 posts) -

wow..hermits try harder..lol..i get so tickled any time i see threads like this..just makes me laugh..must be a pain in your wallet to keep trying to one up a non upgradable console daily with your troll threads..haha..consoles keep up just fine. might wanna get some new fanboygoggles.;)

#44 Edited by farrell2k (5793 posts) -

@Carl_W21 said:

@farrell2k said:

@Carl_W21 said:

Win Win Win situation

Who said I play the same damned games on them ? I don't have any duplicate games

Congratulations for you. Those 3 systems have no variety. They're shooter systems that all p[lay the same types of games.

#45 Posted by nicecall (428 posts) -

this next gen won't look a ton better really. its still 1080p, but things should be sharper and more smooth since theres more cpu and gpu power inside them. but ur not gonna beat a PC in graphics with a console. a mid to high end pc graphics card is more then the cost of an entire console.

#46 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2381 posts) -
#47 Posted by MiiiiV (322 posts) -

Console graphics don't look bad at all. We've only seen the launch games so far, it's bound to get better. Hi-end pc's will always have better graphics, resolution and frame rate (at a higher cost and more power consumption) but that doesn't make console graphics look bad. I'd say the ps4 performs pretty well for a $400 machine and it only consumes about 150 watt.

#48 Posted by happyduds77 (1448 posts) -

Troll thread, but what ever

ImageImage

#49 Edited by Carl_W21 (2020 posts) -

@Carl_W21 said:

@farrell2k said:

@Carl_W21 said:

Win Win Win situation

Congratulations for you. Those 3 systems have no variety. They're shooter systems that all p[lay the same types of games.

Congratulations for what ? It took no effort, I don't need your sarcastic rewarding :p

But I could play same game on each, the experience could be totally different.