Why Choose Consoles Over PC?

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

punksterdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By punksterdaddy
Member since 2010 • 1410 Posts

Why Choose a Console Over PC?

Hello, please take the time to read this as it was intended and please do not assume I am hating on any particular brand or platform.

I just got 9 games for FREE on PC, for an event I had no part in whatsoever. Then you see the disappointment from people who pay a subscription for these games and I can't help but think, why bother with consoles any more? I've only been properly gaming on PC for a little over two months and I already have more games than I can get on a console with barely a penny spent.

The fact that you have to pay to play online is bad enough but to receive games that are just a few quid on their own anyway, hardly seems worth it to me. I get why people play on console, I was a sole console gamer for years but I go where the bargains are and there is not a lot to be found on consoles any more.

PlayStation Plus was like a dream world sent from Japanese Gods once, now it is disappointment after disappointment each month (sure there are going to be exceptions occasionally) but you are paying for these games, they are not gifting them to you. I cancelled my PS Plus subscription last year in February and few months earlier on XBOX Live and I kept looking for reasons to buy a new subscription off both but they never really came along.

With Steam Sales, it has become for me the only gaming platform worthy of my investment.

I'm not being a hater or an elitist, I know this will not apply to everybody, I just don't understand why more do not move to PC when that seems like the best option available these days. I am also well aware that PC gaming has it's issues as well.

As gaming has evolved along with everything else, so do people's tastes and desires but as I see it consoles are fast losing a reason to exist with PC's heading to the living room.

The console that I consider worth having is a Nintendo Wii U but even that has multiple issues with lack of third party support. So it's a no buy for me and it is looking very likely to be dropped soon with the release of the NX.

I get that consoles are far easier or at least they used to be, but where is the cut off point in finally saying... No, a console just isn't worth it any longer?

So I suppose what I am asking is, how much does platform loyalty stretch to?

EDIT: This question was asked as a result of reading the comments on an article on Gamespot, where people were complaining about the lack of decent games via the subscription service of PlayStation. Sorry some take this as a reason to argue. If their own users were not complaining of yet another month of lackluster games, then I wouldn't have began this discussion.

Thanks to all who took the time to read it properly and answered me civilly.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

some people just don't want the hassle of PC. I get it. Don't get me wrong PC is definitely way more accessible than in the past but people are lazy. Also exclusives. Me I like PC and consoles. I never saw the need to draw a line in the sand.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

They're quick and mostly easy to use, and highly accessible. People like having dedicated devices they can leave under their TV. Not too to mention both consoles share a large number of games with PC anyway. They're viable options, though I use my laptop more myself.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

It's simply because they want to play a console game.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

Most of them are casuals they don't care about all that stuff and Americans are ignorant they don't represent the world PC gaming is standard in places like Russia, China and South Korea.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

1- You don't need to spend $5000 to enjoy current gen games
2- You don't need to upgrade every 6 months
3- No viruses
4- Game settings aren't a hassle
5- You don't have to update your drivers on a weekly basis

Is that enough for you?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Sports games and exclusives.

Plus, I like keyboard and mouse for many of my games. If the PS4 or XB1 have keyboard and mouse game support, I would have bought them back in their Day 1. Their graphics are good enough to me.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

When you have to ask. You have already made up your mind.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

This thread again? has it been a week already?

console exclusive games, cheaper entry point, what system your friends have.

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

I have a PC with a GTX 560 ti that I built last gen, I played some games like Crysis and bought loads of Steam games during summer sales, I didn't play any of them, I just like console gaming more and I won't be investing in upgrading my PC this gen

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

My favorite games are fighting games, RPG's especially JRPGs and action games. PC has come a long way with getting these types of games that consoles are known for, it really has, but it still hasn't caught up with the quality of these games on console especially the high profile exclusive versions.

High profile PC exclusives (MMO, RTS, MOBA) do absolutely nothing for me so there is little to no draw there.

On the flip side, consoles have also come a long way in getting the type of games PC is known for. Many of the high profile PC exclusives that were known to get are coming to consoles in a big way.

The way I see it I could jump on PC bandwaggon and miss some of the biggest JRPGs, action games and fighting games or stay a console gamer and miss out on the biggest RTS, MMOs and MOBAs that I could care less for.

It's not a hard choice for me. There is no loyalty to consoles, they just have more of the best games I want to play.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@anthonyautumns said:

It's simply because they want to play a console game.

^It is that simple.

DandelionWine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 DandelionWine
Member since 2016 • 100 Posts

Cheaper hardware. Also, not everyone is obsessed with graphical quality. And I prefer couch gaming :p

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#15 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@silversix_ said:

3- No viruses

Is that enough for you?

This. I spent well under that for a build with about as good as hardware as you can get right now. Moore's law is dead and we are reaching the limit of computer speed and such with our current tech. No longer do you have close to 50%-100% performance gains with each gen/year. Its maybe 20% if that.

Computer gaming is so easy these days with OSes having most of the drivers built in and everything being plug and play. Should have tried computer gaming back in the day when you had to worry about drivers and IRQ's and such with Win 98. :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

A number of reasons that has been answered a plethora of times. I tend to keep a PC going, along with consoles so I get the best of everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Exclusives are of course one reason, but even ignoring exclusives, I even prefer to play multiplats on a console over a PC. The three biggest reasons for me are:

• Playing on a console is a more relaxing experience to me. I don't have to deal with any hassles and since I already spend most of my day on a PC, when I want to relax, I need to get away from the PC.
  • It is easier for me to play multiplayer with my friends on a console than on a PC.
  • I prefer physical media over digital media and physical media is close to dead on a PC.
whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts
@silversix_ said:

3- No viruses

Is that enough for you?

1. Yawn. I've spent less than £800 pounds upgrading my PC over the last 5-6 years and it plays every current gen game at higher settings and FPS then the PS4.

2. Another fallacy. The only upgrade I've spent money on since the start of 2015 is £80 for 16gb RAM. I got a GTX 970 in 2014 and my CPU is from 2012. Most PC gamers upgrade gradually over time.

3. I haven't ever had a virus with my current build.

4. Game settings are one of the great things about PC gaming - the ability to adjust performance to get the best out of your hardware. If you don't like them, you simply use something like Nvidia Experience for a one-click setup.

5. Updating takes less than 5 minutes and most people only do it when there's a new release with game-ready drivers that are known to improve performance. I would say I update once every 1-2 months.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#19 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I started gaming on Consoles when I was a kid. It was way more mainstream than PC gaming and also more accessible. I later owned gaming PC back in late 90s and since then I've been gaming on PC primarily.

PCs these days are a lot more accessible than they used to be back then. Consoles, still have their place and I've seen some of my friends moving on to Consoles from PCs just because they don't game much these days and they just want to shoot bunch of people in FPS games when they return home.

Those who still game several hours per day, are still using PCs as their lead platform for gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

The reason's why I don't play on the PC is because I'm in front of a computer all day long at work, don't want to come home and sit in front of another one. I don't want to spend thousands of dollar's to keep up with the new graphics cards all the time to game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts
@silversix_ said:

3- No viruses

Is that enough for you?

Lol?

1. Who the hell spends that much on a PC?
2. You don't need to upgrade a PC every 6 months, this also shows how little knowledge you have about what you're talking about.
3. Only idiots get viruses.
4. What settings are a hassle on PC? I haven't seen them yet. You mean the ones that enable you to decide how your game is gonna look? I'd call that awesome, not a "hassle".
5. You still have to update your games and OS frequently on consoles.

So no, that was not enough. That was fucking stupid.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

Best part of these treads is always the funny excuses people make up

And I already pointed out the perks so I don't claim there isn't point to consoles.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

@svaubel said:
@silversix_ said:

3- No viruses

Is that enough for you?

This. I spent well under that for a build with about as good as hardware as you can get right now. Moore's law is dead and we are reaching the limit of computer speed and such with our current tech. No longer do you have close to 50%-100% performance gains with each gen/year. Its maybe 20% if that.

Computer gaming is so easy these days with OSes having most of the drivers built in and everything being plug and play. Should have tried computer gaming back in the day when you had to worry about drivers and IRQ's and such with Win 98. :P

Nothing more irritating if you didn't know the GPU or audio device on your computer when trying to install a DOS game. The list of GPUs alone was astounding! If you didn't pick the right one, the games would crash. Then having to deal with IRQ's......then again, that's what caught my attention with computers. I enjoyed the challenge they gave and when I got a game to run properly the victory was all that much more sweet.

Within the past few years it's becoming the norm for a lot of games to auto detect (with decent efficiency) to pick the best graphic settings based on your GPU.

I can see why people will still pick a console over a PC. Console is basically plug and play - you insert the game, it might download/install some files and then you're on your way. You only have to worry about adjusting the brightness, music/sound volume and maybe some button settings - you're up and playing the game within 5-10 minutes.

PC games, you have to download, install, adjust graphic settings and check key layout for your m/kb - this whole thing could take you 5-30+ minutes (depending on the size of the game and your internet connection speed if you're downloading it). A lot of people don't have the time for this or think this is really hard to do.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44289 Posts

For the superior visuals of course. :P

Just a old lazy gamer and the console works for me.

punksterdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 punksterdaddy

@howmakewood:

I didn't claim anything. I just wanted a civil discussion on the matter not an argument.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#26  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

According to the Book of Truth in a Bubble there are 4 fringe reasons to:

1.: You need to game NOW and you need to play new games that are not indie games that run on your old ass computer. You need to play them now and you can't save money before you get something. (Money loans or PC payment plans are not ideal at the moment.)

2.: You are absolutely in love with this one franchise that will never come to PC. And you don't care so much about anything else as long as you can get your hands on the latest iterations of that franchise.

3.: You don't want to sit comfortably behind a desk. You want to sit as ergonomically ill advised as possible. You don't care about your body. You had a hard day of work. You don't want to play a game that requires you to be on top of things. You just want to throw your legs over the couch and play some relaxing games. Or maybe shout at some people through your head set. (Although Steam Big Picture mode can solve this for some people, not everyone can place their PC in the living room. And Steam Link is not perfect.)

4.: Your friends are not really into gaming. But you really like to play games with your friends. And they don't have gaming PC's because they rarely play games, or maybe they're just not that smart. All they have are consoles. So if you want to play games with your friends, you'll have to surrender your good intentions and buy a console too. We'll forgive you for it.

Imperator7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Imperator7
Member since 2016 • 79 Posts
@neatfeatguy said:

Nothing more irritating if you didn't know the GPU or audio device on your computer when trying to install a DOS game. The list of GPUs alone was astounding! If you didn't pick the right one, the games would crash. Then having to deal with IRQ's......then again, that's what caught my attention with computers. I enjoyed the challenge they gave and when I got a game to run properly the victory was all that much more sweet.

Within the past few years it's becoming the norm for a lot of games to auto detect (with decent efficiency) to pick the best graphic settings based on your GPU.

I can see why people will still pick a console over a PC. Console is basically plug and play - you insert the game, it might download/install some files and then you're on your way. You only have to worry about adjusting the brightness, music/sound volume and maybe some button settings - you're up and playing the game within 5-10 minutes.

PC games, you have to download, install, adjust graphic settings and check key layout for your m/kb - this whole thing could take you 5-30+ minutes (depending on the size of the game and your internet connection speed if you're downloading it). A lot of people don't have the time for this or think this is really hard to do.

Dos gaming was so much fun though. I remember getting the shareware version of Commander keen 4 when I was a small kid. I used to love installing and running the games via the dos prompts. I also fondly remember shareware Wolfenstein 3d. I played it over and over again countless times.

I do also remember the first time I played it at my uncles who actually had sound blaster speakers, I couldnt believe the music and sound effects. Our Samsung PC only had that crappy little cone shaped speaker which looking back just sounded terrible :).

I also remember my brothers friend burned what I believe was nhl 95, and it was like on 17 hard disks, haha. The good old days of pc gaming when you could buy shareware hard-disks of popular pc games in grocery stores.

But yea in terms of this gen, Cad dollar and the affect it has on the price for each pc component held me back (comparing PC Part picker prices between US to CAD just pissed me off), so I choose a PS4. instead.

As well my brother lives on the West Coast and had won a PS4 through work so its been nice to co-op some games with him. Looking forward to Broforce next month :). I can't really complain, I have been enjoying the games I got and I am very happy with the price I paid for the console and what I am getting out of it.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

PC is a little more intimidating I think. Consoles are a little more streamlined and accessible

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Can't afford one, money doesn't grow on trees. I do get an open few months when games don't release in the summer so that's when I plan on building a medium range pc with plans to upgrade.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@darklight4 said:

Can't afford one, money doesn't grow on trees. I do get an open few months when games don't release in the summer so that's when I plan on building a medium range pc with plans to upgrade.

I want to warn you, in case you don't have experience with this, that building a PC with upgrading in mind hardly ever works out the way you thought it would. Even when you intentionally leave in one weaker component so that you can upgrade it later, in a couple years time you'll find that you may probably just as well buy a new PC. At least that has been my experience so far. You find out that the new hot processors use new slots that don't fit on your old motherboard, so you'll need a new motherboard. Or that GPU you want is not dropping in price for years and that would end up costing half a PC anyway.

Like... If you really know what you're doing and where the market is going I bet you can plan upgrades years ahead, but I've had no luck with that. So these days I get a good system that I can afford and then I just consider that in 5 years time or so, I'll probably need to save up the money for a new PC. Just saying. That's my experience but maybe you'll have more luck. And that sounds even more expensive but you might be surprised to find yourself saving money by gaming on PC. For instance, I could have bought Rise of the Tomb Raider for $45 on XB1 but I found a $35 PC 'Survivors Edition' today. As someone who plays quite a few games per month, it really really adds up.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@punksterdaddy: Ease of use, controller, friends, larger community on popular games, and far less chance of running into cheats like auto-aim bots.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Consoles usually offer larger online communities and fewer cheaters. That's why I end up playing shooters and sports titles more on consoles. I buy them on both.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@silversix_ said:

3- No viruses

Is that enough for you?

Add

With the money you spend upgrading Rams, graphics cards n´stuff to keep at pace as the games are being released by the end of the cycle of consoles you can easily purchase a couple of the newest ( or most recent generation ) consoles.

punksterdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 punksterdaddy

@suicidesn0wman:

I get all that on PC too. Although I've yet to run into cheats.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Its mainly because of the hype and wanting to fit in with their school friends.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@raugutcon said:
@silversix_ said:

3- No viruses

Is that enough for you?

Add

With the money you spend upgrading Rams, graphics cards n´stuff to keep at pace as the games are being released by the end of the cycle of consoles you can easily purchase a couple of the newest ( or most recent generation ) consoles.

the money you spend upgrading is often overstated, if you add all the upgrade spend, with the total spent on games PC will turn out cheaper over the generation. Providing you buy more than just a handful of games per year.

As for original points, others have already responded but ill respond again

1 - $5000 is way to much, its possible for less than $1000.

2 - I got my PC in 2013, only upgraded from 7850 to a gtx 970 since then, I dont expect to need to upgrade for another few years either.

3- If you use your PC for gaming you wont get viruses, if you use it for porn sites then you will.

4 - You can automate game settings in most games, and there not a hassle they are an option, I know some console gamers would like game settings for visuals.

5 - Updating your driver is about as frequent as console OS updates, but it normally downloads and installs faster and you can carry on using the PC while it does so. Console OS updates are a bigger hassle.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@silversix_ said:

3- No viruses

Is that enough for you?

1. Don't have to spend that much on a PC either. My $1000 CDN build blows the PS4 and XB1 away in performance.

2. NO PC gamer upgrades every "6 months". Stop peddling this disingenuous bullshit.

3. Get anti-virus software, durrrrrr

4. This is actually a limitation of the console games. The texture quality, shadow levels, lighting effects, environment details, foliage, physics, particles... that's all restricted by the game maker. You play on the settings they determine (ie. what ever the weaker hardware can handle) Want higher res textures? Can't have them. Want frame rates higher than 30 fps? Not happening with some exceptions like racers and fighters which are linear and easier to optimize the assets. But forget seeing high frame rate on large open world games on consoles. Flexibility and customization to give user control over visual fidelity and performance is a plus for PC, not consoles.

5. Drivers hardly update every week, and they're for the most part automated. Oh and don't console games have patch updates now? ;)

Imperator7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Imperator7

@rainmaker321 said:
@NFJSupreme said:

PC is definitely way more accessible than in the past but people are lazy. Also exclusives.

Thats good if they like exclusives. Since PC has more exclusives than PS3 and 360's entire library of games combined. PC has entire GENRES exclusive to it.

@suicidesn0wman said:

@punksterdaddy: Ease of use, controller, friends, larger community

Controller is supposed to be a benefit? One of the most inept and game limiting inventions in gaming? Mouse and keyboard is half the reason PC gaming is worth it.

From an ergonomic perspective, in my personal opinion controllers in many cases are superior. If you work 8 hours a day more at a computer job, and then come home and spend more time with a Mouse and Keyboard, its not conducive to long term health, especially when it comes to RSI. I can hold and use a 360 controller for multiple hours with no strain, whereas its a bit much to want to come home and continue to use a KB & Mouse specifically for gaming.

I use an ergonomic keyboard and trackball mouse (i use the logitech marble at work with my left hand and then the logtech M570 at home). However they are not the best for precise PC gaming. So yes they are a benefit to many people.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Why are PC gamers so concerned with the fact that some prefer consoles?

Avatar image for terminalyinsane
TerminalyInsane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TerminalyInsane
Member since 2016 • 99 Posts

@punksterdaddy: I stick with consoles due to the convenience. I know when I buy a game it will run on my system. I do not have to worry about system requirements. Not saying either platform is better just my preference. People argue graphics are better on PC but the truth is it's hard to tell with the naked eye besides I think gameplay matters more.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@punksterdaddy said:

@suicidesn0wman:

I get all that on PC too. Although I've yet to run into cheats.

Yeah but that plays a big part in peoples choices. i.e. I've got about 80 friends on Live, 15 on PSN and 2 on Steam, why in the world would I ever choose Steam as my primary platform when I literally have no one to play against/with? As for the cheating, it isn't all that hard to build an aim bot that see's through walls, I could probably build a custom bot in a few days, not all that hard when you know what you're doing.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

I have a gaming PC and a PS4. PC can run almost every game at max or high settings. I still prefer my PS4.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

If gaming is one of your primary past times, then you should never choose a console over a PC. If gaming is just something you do from time to time during the week, then consoles are fine.

Consoles have their place which is why they sell so well.

punksterdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 punksterdaddy

@terminalyinsane:

Thank you. That is an honest answer.

Those were the reasons keeping me from jumping to PC sooner than I did, but then this generation rolled out and could no longer see a viable future FOR ME, in that console market. As it turned out, it wasn't as hard as I imagined it to be. It was daunting yes but once I began doing some research, I soon realised I could buy a PC that would not break the bank and so far it has paid off.

So far I have spent £450 and that should hopefully last me a long time to come yet.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

The best games the industry has to offer arent on PC,

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts
@silversix_ said:

3- No viruses

Is that enough for you?

I can't tell if that's in favour of the PC, in that we know you don't have to do those things to game on the PC or if that's in favour of consoles for the same reason. But I think you're also a PC gamer, so I don't know if this is also some sort of sarcasm, because it doesn't always translate over the net.

But if that was bait, pretty good lol, you riled some people up.

punksterdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 punksterdaddy

@suicidesn0wman:

Okay but you didn't start with 80 friends, you gathered them over time same as I did.

You would've had 3 friends on Steam when I asked you for your Steam ID last week. ;p

Look I do appreciate your points, I do see what you mean for the most part. I just wanted to raise the debate on console over PC to see what the reasons were for not more people were buying a PC for gaming as a result of the complaints from PS4 owners over their "Boring games," From PS+.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@Wasdie said:

If gaming is one of your primary past times, then you should never choose a console over a PC. If gaming is just something you do from time to time during the week, then consoles are fine.

Consoles have their place which is why they sell so well.

PCs are for hardcores and consoles are for casuals. lol don't hav it console games.

:-) jus stirrin

Imperator7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Imperator7

What makes someone specifically a hardcore gamer vs casual when referencing PC vs console. I have seen peoples trophy/achievement lists online and they have logged obviously a tonne of hours into gaming on consoles. I am sure there are plenty of people who input plenty of hours per week on console just like on PC...