Why all the hate on Halo?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tader-salad
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts

OK, I can admit that I had my own prejudice against Halo, even though I didn`t even play the game. Then I bought an Xbox from my local pawn shop and with it a copy of Halo. After playing through it twice I can honestly say that I loved it. It was fun and intuitive, it never sacrificed story for gameplay or vice verse and had an engaging story. Granted it had its fare share of problems like the copy/paste level design(during the assault on the control room I was essentially going through the same circular room over and over again) but that is not something to get my nickers in a twist and neither should you. SO all I`m saying is yes there are better games out there, but Halo IMO deserves all the praise it gets(mostly). So I ask why all the hate?

Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts
Due to the fact that it's one of the most triumphant and flourishing video games ever.
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#3 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts

Well I don't know man, I mean I think it's a great game too! From what I've gathered though, I think people hate playing online because the campaign is short???

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

coz its cool to hate halo these days

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
Halo 2 and Halo 3 killed it. The overhype also.. and cod4 while overrated as well was better but that's a matter of opinion. I liked halo 1 on xbox, was pretty fun. Two and three however are just average and do nothing to push the series foward. Especially 2. That of course is a matter of opinion again.
Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts

mingo123

The sad thing is, your right

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts

mingo123
Exactly
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Because I have edgy opinions, now give me the attention that I crave.
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 death919

Halo 2 and Halo 3 killed it. The overhype also.. and cod4 while overrated as well was better but that's a matter of opinion. I liked halo 1 on xbox, was pretty fun. Two and three however are just average and do nothing to push the series foward. Especially 2. That of course is a matter of opinion again.jangojay

... 2 added online multiplayer...

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

1. A great console shooter that proved that KB&M is not needed to have a great FPS experience. (Just like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark)

2. A Microsoft Franchise that helped the Xbox become a serious console.

3. It's gotten great reviews and praise, and has lots of hype and fans.

In summary: Great things will always be hated by some.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Halo 2 and Halo 3 killed it. The overhype also.. and cod4 while overrated as well was better but that's a matter of opinion. I liked halo 1 on xbox, was pretty fun. Two and three however are just average and do nothing to push the series foward. Especially 2. That of course is a matter of opinion again.death919

That's nice and all.. but it did nothing for the series, from a person that never goes on XBL. 2 is probably the worse out of the trilogy .. lets not even get started on its campaign.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

OK, I can admit that I had my own prejudice against Halo, even though I didn`t even play the game. Then I bought an Xbox from my local pawn shop and with it a copy of Halo. After playing through it twice I can honestly say that I loved it. It was fun and intuitive, it never sacrificed story for gameplay or vice verse and had an engaging story. Granted it had its fare share of problems like the copy/paste level design(during the assault on the control room I was essentially going through the same circular room over and over again) but that is not something to get my nickers in a twist and neither should you. SO all I`m saying is yes there are better games out there, but Halo IMO deserves all the praise it gets(mostly). So I ask why all the hate?

tader-salad

only cows hate halo! do you know why???

Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts
i dont hate halo i only like 1 and 2
killzone_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 killzone_gamer
Member since 2007 • 2333 Posts
Because all of the Halo fanboys hate any other game that includes a gun.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Yeah the original Halo is to this day the best console FPS imo. Halo2/3 are just mediocre trash in comparison.
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 death919
[QUOTE="death919"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Halo 2 and Halo 3 killed it. The overhype also.. and cod4 while overrated as well was better but that's a matter of opinion. I liked halo 1 on xbox, was pretty fun. Two and three however are just average and do nothing to push the series foward. Especially 2. That of course is a matter of opinion again.jangojay

That's nice and all.. but it did nothing for the series, from a person that never goes on XBL. 2 is probably the worse out of the trilogy .. lets not even get started on its campaign.

I agree that the campaign was lacking in Halo 2 (I played it and thought "meh"), but IMO, Halo isn't really meant as a single-player series, to me the strength has always been the multiplayer, and in that respect, the addition of online multiplayer in Halo 2 was a huge step forward for the multiplayer aspect of the series.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

i dont hate halo i only like 1 and 2Miss_Wacy

halo3 is a lot better than the second one and very close to the first!!!

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts

There is nothing wrong with halo, there is something wrong with its fans. Y'know I get concerned when I see people call Halo 1,2 or 3 the best games ever.

It's a great game franchise, but it's far from the best. It is also far from the worst, too- But Halo fans really dont help themselves by creating topics like "Halo 3 is the best fps ever!" and then going on fanboy rant as to why.

OoT is supposidly one of the best games ever created but I barely see topics declaring it king of anything.

demonslayer228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 demonslayer228
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
Which Halo game are you talking about halo 3 is the best but the campagin is short but the online is great!
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
Everyone hates on the big dogs. >_>
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts

Everyone hates on the big dogs. >_>SSCyborg

I dunno. Apart from the odd child most gamers respect the main Mario games.

Avatar image for Dark_Assassin10
Dark_Assassin10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dark_Assassin10
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
I dont hate Halo..I just dont like it
TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
Fanboys will be fanboys. Don't let it get to you.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
because 9.7, 9.4, and 9.5
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]Everyone hates on the big dogs. >_>Shazenab

That's because Mario started back in the day, when gaming wasn't that huge and there wasn't as much competition as there is now. Most people played Mario back in the day and liked it. When Halo came out, there were many other competitors and people with their own consoles, so haters existed ever since day one.

That's my theory.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

there is nothing wrong with the game itself, its fine imo, i have nothing against it.

its the fanboys/media im against, when people say its the greatest game created and best all FPS's in SP and MP that is when im against it.

i remember watching something and it was just like a halo fanboy epidemic, i mean people just screaming about halo saying its the best and saying there spending there life's on this game online,

so my brother got the game, i said WTH i took and took a chance at it (this my first halo game BTW) so we hook it up and both go online together so i played with him on the blue team i wasn't expecting much, we played big team battle.

i had a blast!, it was so much fun playing with my bro, kinda like playing Smash bros with 3 other people its just freaking fun! we had so much fun blasting warthogs in the air with rocket launchers, and double teaming against tanks, it was the most fun Ive had sense Counterstrike,

like i said i don't hate the game, it did what it had to do (make money), and dont get me wrong i still think this game pails in comparison to Counterstrike my no.1 online game ever its just that don't expect me go greet you with open arms saying "halo is the best game ever created, and every fps suck after and before it" or "it created the FPS Genre" because ill be giving you the cold shoulder if u say something that stupid

btw if your wondering why i havent touched on singleplayer, imo it just sucked, very hard

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]Everyone hates on the big dogs. >_>Shazenab

The new big dogs.

They don't like change.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

because 9.7, 9.4, and 9.5CaseyWegner
Huh?

They hate it because it scores high?

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]because 9.7, 9.4, and 9.5II-FBIsniper-II

Huh?

They hate it because it scores high?

yup that's how it generally works.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="jangojay"][QUOTE="death919"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Halo 2 and Halo 3 killed it. The overhype also.. and cod4 while overrated as well was better but that's a matter of opinion. I liked halo 1 on xbox, was pretty fun. Two and three however are just average and do nothing to push the series foward. Especially 2. That of course is a matter of opinion again.death919

I agree that the campaign was lacking in Halo 2 (I played it and thought "meh"), but IMO, Halo isn't really meant as a single-player series, to me the strength has always been the multiplayer, and in that respect, the addition of online multiplayer in Halo 2 was a huge step forward for the multiplayer aspect of the series.

Multiplayer was already in Halo CE PC ... and tbh that was more fun than Halo 2 ... though the pistol was incredible overpowered, it didnt occur to bungie to compensate for mouse controls ... so you could head shot people with the pistol in a heartbeat.... from halfway across the map.

hurleyguypmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hurleyguypmb
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I enjoyed the first one, but the rest are mediocre, in my opinion.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
I loved the halo trilogy,no other game comes close to the time i've spent in playing halo,online and campaign.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Multiplayer was already in Halo CE PC ... and tbh that was more fun than Halo 2 ... though the pistol was incredible overpowered, it didnt occur to bungie to compensate for mouse controls ... so you could head shot people with the pistol in a heartbeat.... from halfway across the map.

Meu2k7
You act like the pistol couldn't be countered.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
you must be new to system wars...because ask most of the people here and they would say its one of the most mediocre games ever, and is dwarfed by half-life and counter strike
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Its not hate, its fanboys believing that criticism is hate. Their game isn't perfect.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

II-FBIsniper-II

Did I say that? it was just way too powerful for a pistol.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

Meu2k7

Did I say that? it was just way too powerful for a pistol.

and i hate that pistol with a passion. i barly even used it in the game

rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts

tader-salad
people hate on popular things the people who hatei t most are hermits because they hate console shooters and cows because they hate anything on the 360
rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
Because all of the Halo fanboys hate any other game that includes a gun. killzone_gamer
haha thats funny im a halo fan and i love gears of war, call of duty 4, metal gear solid, splinter cell, wild arms, and many others
jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts
People hate Halo because its popular.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
its a populer seris and jerks think its cool to hate on populer things
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17844 Posts

are u talking about halo 1 TC?

if so then i agree....halo 1 was a crackin game in its time and has earned its place in history. in its day it brought an awful lot of new ideas to the table and was a really run and fresh FPS experience. the game diserves all its praise.

my beef with the other halos is that they never really improved on it. the single player in halo 2 and 3 was average....expansion packs to halo 1 really. they never really mixed things up a bit.....it was exactly the same 30 seconds over and over again. halo 2 was good on the eath level then decended into mediocrity fast and halo3 had the cool scarab fight....and thats it (and they used that same trick 3 times....talk about running out of ideas).

Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vyse_The_Daring

Its not hate, its fanboys believing that criticism is hate. Their game isn't perfect.Vandalvideo

Halo doesn't receive any unwarranted hate from at least some people? That's a stretch.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Meu2k7

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Its not hate, its fanboys believing that criticism is hate. Their game isn't perfect.Vyse_The_Daring

Halo doesn't receive any unwarranted hate from at least some people? That's a stretch.

Just as much of a strech as the 5 or so people here posting "Its cool to hate, thats why they critisize it ... Halo is GOD" >>

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

From my perspective:

The undue hate for Halo is spurred by the undue praise for it.

It's a good franchise, but many fanboys make it out to be far better than it actually is. See this stupid thread. Ignorance is met and responded to with ignorance, so you see others respond saying the Halo franchise is "terrible" and such. It's a cycle of fanboyism.

Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Vyse_The_Daring
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Its not hate, its fanboys believing that criticism is hate. Their game isn't perfect.Meu2k7

Just as much of a strech as the 5 or so people here posting "Its cool to hate, thats why they critisize it ... Halo is GOD" >>

Amazingly, the phrases "Halo is god" and "Halo is perfect" have yet to come up in this thread. I'm confused, where are all the rabid Halo fanboys?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Its over-rated.. Thats all that needs to be said about the series.. Its by no means bad, just not the pinnacle of the FPS genre.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Its not hate, its fanboys believing that criticism is hate. Their game isn't perfect.Vyse_The_Daring

Did I say t hat Halo isn't hated at all? Most of this so called hate is fanboys mistaking criticism for hate.