Who here is buying a WiiU just for Zelda?

• 102 results
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Skyward Sword had great music, and a great story. The later dungeons also had incredible design. I give it that much.

That's all I give it, the game is terrible otherwise. The controls suck, the pacing sucks, the structure sucks, the lack of an overworld sucks, the forced tutorials suck, everything sucks. It was a bad Zelda game, and the antithesis of all that makes Zelda Zelda. Good to see that they ditched that direction completely with BotW.

The combat is abysmal even by Zelda standards, the silent realm is dumb as ****, the needless amount of filler, the story is rubbish, Link's stupid ass face, the art direction is rancid. That game gets a lot of "well it's Zelda" pitty love for some abysmal ass game design. Modern day Nintendo suspect as ****.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#102 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@charizard1605 said:

Skyward Sword had great music, and a great story. The later dungeons also had incredible design. I give it that much.

That's all I give it, the game is terrible otherwise. The controls suck, the pacing sucks, the structure sucks, the lack of an overworld sucks, the forced tutorials suck, everything sucks. It was a bad Zelda game, and the antithesis of all that makes Zelda Zelda. Good to see that they ditched that direction completely with BotW.

The combat is abysmal even by Zelda standards, the silent realm is dumb as ****, the needless amount of filler, the story is rubbish, Link's stupid ass face, the art direction is rancid. That game gets a lot of "well it's Zelda" pitty love for some abysmal ass game design. Modern day Nintendo suspect as ****.

I agree with everything you said, sans the story which you like, and that bolded bit. Modern day Nintendo isn't suspect, hell even modern day Zelda isn't suspect. Nintendo went on to make neat stuff like Mario 3D World, Smash Wii U, Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds after Skyward Sword.

They're fine. Skyward Sword was not.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@emgesp said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Thank you. The fact that somebody can dismiss such huge changes is unreal.

I've never been a huge Zelda fan, so no its not weird for someone to not be able to see any significant changes.

To me I just see Link doing more of the same, but now he can scale walls and such.

Then perhaps you should stop talking about things you know nothing about.

I can still form an opinion based on what I've seen whether a game impresses me or not.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21705 Posts

Like everyone else said, get it for the NX. The frame rate looked pretty bad on the Wii U too with its occasional dips.