Who here agrees that the 360 is in the top 5 consoles of all time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stevelovessony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Stevelovessony
Member since 2011 • 267 Posts
If you dont agree you sont have to post your negativity but imo the 360 is one of the best consoles of all time. They ruled the FPS generation, they ruled the online generation (the major online generation). They have the superior multiplats, the system is very sociable and user friendly. And it has some of the best exclusives. This system reminds me alot of the N64 because of the superior multiplayer, colorful and memorable games, and superior FPS, mixed with a little bit of the dreamcast and its zombie games. If anyone else agrees with me tell me some more things that qualifies it to be in thw top 5 ever if i missed something.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

I much prefer the 180 to be honest.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I think it is one of the worst.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Hell no, none of the consoles this generation are in the top 5.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

Hell no, none of the consoles this generation are in the top 5.millerlight89

SNES, Gamecube, and PS2 beotches!!!

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I don't think it would be on my list. :P

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

I could list more than 5 consoles that are better than the 360. The PS1 is one of them.

evilrobot1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 evilrobot1991
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts
Dreamcast #1
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I love the games, but I hate the system. After going through SIX of them, Microsoft has lost me as a customer for future Xbox products. Considering all the frustration it has caused me, it certainly wouldn't be in my top 5.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
After Skyrim? maybe.. PD: The dreamcast is so overrated
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]After Skyrim? maybe.. PD: The dreamcast is so overrated

DREAAMCASSST One of my favorite along with the PSX and PS2.. SNES.. hmm not sure about the 5th one.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

[QUOTE="JuarN18"]After Skyrim? maybe.. PD: The dreamcast is so overratedCandy-Star
DREAAMCASSST One of my favorite along with the PSX and PS2.. SNES.. hmm not sure about the 5th one.

Sega Genesis! Classic Sonic ftw!

yooooooooooop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yooooooooooop
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Xbox360 is a great console but the software just feels like i've been there and done it all before.
yooooooooooop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yooooooooooop
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
mantle*
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
Xbox360 is a great console but the software just feels like i've been there and done it all before.yooooooooooop
that's what i think about this gen as a whole
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
[QUOTE="Candy-Star"][QUOTE="JuarN18"]After Skyrim? maybe.. PD: The dreamcast is so overrated

1.PS1 2.PS2 3.Saturn 4.Genesis 5.Dreamcast That's how mine would look like. In some cases you could change up the SNES and Genesis as both are pretty even to me.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Let's see. PS2, PS1, SNES, ... N64, followed by PS3 or 360? I guess it could happen. It's a sad state of affairs, however.

killeer2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killeer2007
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts

It's in my top 5 most unreliable consoles of all time, hell screw top 5 it's #1 in that catagory.

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

well... its 3rd from this gen... so it's chances are not looking good...

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

The only gaming system from this gen that I would consider to be in the top 5 would be the DS

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

For me personally, yes. I've been more involved in gaming this generation than the past though. I'd play a few flagship titles religiously in past generations, with the occasional one off obscure game, instead of trying many different games as I have this genre, so that may have something to do with it. But the 360 is in my top 5 mainly due to the online aspects as well as how easy it is to download demos, & the digital distribution side of things.

Gaming is just so much easier & imrpoved upon for me because of the 360. It happens to have some great exclusives also.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts
Don't agree at all. In fact, the 360 was a piece of junk.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Hell no, none of the consoles this generation are in the top 5.millerlight89

Completely agree, and if I was forced to include one of the current 3, I'd choose both the Wii and the PS3 over the 360.

Top 5? SNES, PS2, Genesis, NES, PS1

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

No i even think the original Xbox was better.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
God no, not even close.
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

Not in top 5 i been gaming over 20 years.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Not even close for these reasons:

1. It has some of the least exclusives ever

2. A vast majority of its multiplats(most of its games) are better on other systems, namely PC.

3. Normalized DLC stripped from reelase to be sold later, strict XBL limiting free dlc and routine patching like from VALVE, $5 a month for inferior service.

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 I_am_a_PS3_FB
Member since 2009 • 400 Posts

memorable games!? what console are you talking about? the XBox has some of the most forgettable, generic exclusives of any platform.

but on the other hand PS3 has the most unique exclusives e.g - Littlebigplanet, Heavy Rain etc.. the xbox has only Alan wake as a oddball game and we all know how that flopped.

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ABCarmine

memorable games!? what console are you talking about? the XBox has some of the most forgettable, generic exclusives of any platform.

but on the other hand PS3 has the most unique exclusives e.g - Littlebigplanet, Heavy Rain etc.. the xbox has only Alan wake as a oddball game and we all know how that flopped.

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

I_am_a_PS3_FB

2/10 for calling Heavy Rain a unique experience. There's a game Called Farenheit, plays amost exactly the same.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
sure why not. ps2 > ps1 = ps3 > snes >>>> 360 i can agree to that..
USBxDVD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 USBxDVD
Member since 2011 • 520 Posts

Hell no.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]After Skyrim? maybe.. PD: The dreamcast is so overrated

"The dreamcast is so overrated" Noooooooooooo! Did you experience the Dreamcast @ launch? The Dreamcast came out the gate with some very good games and while it didn't stay long, it did make a big impression in very little time. If it had stayed in the market half of the lifespan of the PS2, and kept up with the quality of games it released in it's first year, or year and a half, then if would be one of the best consoles in my book. Underrated maybe.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

He is on my top 5...

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 godzillavskong

The 360 is my favorite console to play currently and has made a big impression with the quality of games, or gaming library that it has had. I think there is one big area, or blemish that will keep that console out of the top 5, and that is the RROD issue. Even though it is pretty much fixed, that issue still tarnishes it's stellar run to the top 5 imo.

1)PS2

2)PS1

3)SNES

4)Genesis

5)NES

Thats how I would see it as far as a top 5 successful, or influential consoles to hit the market. These aren't my favorite, since I prefer the Dreamcast and Xbox to be up there, but I think if they were to list them in terms of sales, or gaming influence, that's how it might play out.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 godzillavskong

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

I_am_a_PS3_FB
Right......you're username says it all. Of course the 360 shouldn't be listed in the top five consoles of all time, but to come back with your statement of the PS3 having the most unique exclusives is laughable. It does have some really good exclusives, but nothing that makes me think it should be above the 360. It shouldn't be on this list either. Have you played Alan Wake? It is a great game. It may have not been a commercial success, but it is by far not a bad game, or oddball game as you put it.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts
[QUOTE="I_am_a_PS3_FB"]

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

godzillavskong
Right......you're username says it all. Of course the 360 shouldn't be listed in the top five consoles of all time, but to come back with your statement of the PS3 having the most unique exclusives is laughable. It does have some really good exclusives, but nothing that makes me think it should be above the 360. It shouldn't be on this list either. Have you played Alan Wake? It is a great game. It may have not been a commercial success, but it is by far not a bad game, or oddball game as you put it.

Heavy Rain was better than Alan Wake, so was Demon's Souls. The PS3 had a lot better exclusives than the 360.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

1.Snes
2.Ps1
3.Genesis
4.Ps2
5.Nes

so no its not.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="I_am_a_PS3_FB"]

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

DragonfireXZ95

Heavy Rain was better than Alan Wake, so was Demon's Souls. The PS3 had a lot better exclusives than the 360.

Objectively scores scores say no...but only if you dont follow the meta game. the meta game only has 2 more high scoring exclusives..

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Best systems of all time:

1. PS2

2. PC

3. NES

4. Nintendo 64

Then I'm just not sure. PC doesn't count if its only consoles, my PS3 is my favorite current generation console, but the Xbox360 is what put Microsoft on the map and gave us Gears of War and moar Halo. Plus I also have to consider other great systems like the Atari 2600, SNES, Dreamcast, PSone, etc. Even if I took out PC for the criteria of having to be a console, I just don't know what deserves 5th place and I'm not even sure the N64 deserves 4th.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

NO! Not even close. It doesn't even crack the top 10 in my opinion.

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 I_am_a_PS3_FB

[QUOTE="I_am_a_PS3_FB"]

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

godzillavskong

So should I call you a Kong hater? Cuz you have pics of Godzilla all over your profile and a username 'godzillavskong'

Prove me wrong, PS3 exclusives are usually quite unique, almost 70% of Xbox exclusives are shooters and the rest are "kinect fruit shooting" "Kinect tennisball" etc..

And by Oddball I meant unique, Godzilla certainly is a pea brain.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
No console this gen is worthy of being top 5.
I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 I_am_a_PS3_FB

[QUOTE="I_am_a_PS3_FB"]

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

ABCarmine

2/10 for calling Heavy Rain a unique experience. There's a game Called Farenheit, plays amost exactly the same.

Is it available for XBOX 360? until Quantic dream makes an exclusive for xbox thats similar to Heavy Rain , Heavy Rain is unique, Farenheit came in a 2005 and is a multi-platform. I was Talking about exclusives of the current generation.

Might I ask why you bothered to "rate" my post? I'm quite interested in such exhibits of folly.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="I_am_a_PS3_FB"]

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

I_am_a_PS3_FB

So should I call you a Kong hater? Cuz you have pics of Godzilla all over your profile and a username 'godzillavskong'

Prove me wrong, PS3 exclusives are usually quite unique, almost 70% of Xbox exclusives are shooters and the rest are "kinect fruit shooting" "Kinect tennisball" etc..

And by Oddball I meant unique, Godzilla certainly is a pea brain.

Yet There are more PS3 Exclusive Shooters than the 360, and the 360 has more variety in Genres Exclusive wise than PS3.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

[QUOTE="I_am_a_PS3_FB"]

Definitely not!

Maybe PS2 but not Xbox.

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Is it available for XBOX 360? until Quantic dream makes an exclusive for xbox thats similar to Heavy Rain , Heavy Rain is unique, Farenheit came in a 2005 and is a multi-platform. I was Talking about exclusives of the current generation.

Might I ask why you bothered to "rate" my post? I'm quite interested in such exhibits of folly.

Indigo Prophecy is available on 360, yes. Just because a game is exclusive does not mean it is unique. Nothing unique about Heavy Rain. And 1/10 for questioning my rating system.
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

Since I'm a younger gamer and only played the SNES, N64, GC, PS1, PS2, and Wii, I'd say yes. I'd say it's tied with the PS2. So it's in my top 5. But nothing can beat SNES, N64, or PS1 for me. Don't hate on me because I do consider it in the top 5 though. I am younger than most here. However, the sad thing is, if you changed the topic tile to Who here agrees that the PS3 is in the top 5 consoles of all time.. Their would be a lot more yes's.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

1) PS2

2) PSone

3) Snes

4) Genesis

5) NES

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
I think it is one of the worst.kuraimen
agree...RROD, kinect, controller
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

First thing that come in mind when hear 360 is RROD, i more think 360 is one of the 5 worse consoles of all time