SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45112 Posts

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/images-of-a-white-all-digital-xbox-series-x-console-have-seemingly-leaked/

Looks like our biggest fears were true; Xbox is pushing the all digital console! Sorry, IPDaily. It’s time to come to Team Sony. Sony still believes in physical.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I’m good with my current XSX.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Its not another color that's needed but games that aren't as mediocre as Starfield and the upcoming Hellblade 2.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Got my disc-based XSX as recent as this month, thankfully! Like Indiana Jones and an artifact.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

MS: here is a new option for you to enjoy if you like, without absolutely zero consequences if you don't want it!

Pearl-clutching gamers: WHAT!? NO PHYSICAL! OH THE HORROR!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

Oh no...?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 683 Posts

Looks like a mini fridge.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/images-of-a-white-all-digital-xbox-series-x-console-have-seemingly-leaked/

Looks like our biggest fears were true; Xbox is pushing the all digital console! Sorry, IPDaily. It’s time to come to Team Sony. Sony still believes in physical.

Odd, Xbox One S All Digital and Series S is all digital and PS5 Digital is.... all digital. Were you missing for the past 3 years?🤭

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

Honestly what difference does it make if the Series X is an all-digital or not? Hell the baseline Series X can be a digital machine despite the optical disc is there, it can be just an all-digital.

This is just a waste of money.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#10 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I have an XSX that takes physical discs and I can just choose to stay with digital only purchases. I bought the XSX with disc drive because it was the only option that I had for that time. I don’t need a digital only console.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6041 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: "looks like our biggest fears" please stop being a physical fakeboy. You only buy physical collectors editions to play with the dolls that come with them lol.

I own more Sony consoles than you do, join team blue 🤦‍♂️

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Last_Lap

@davillain: It's pretty obvious what MS is up to here. They will announce (or maybe do it in secret) that they are discontinuing the Series X disc version and will make this the only Series X available on the market.

So next gen they can release a new console that is 100% digital only.

It's a scummy move by MS. And if I'm wrong on this I will be the happiest person on here to ever eat crow because it will mean physical is still a thing.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic

@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: "looks like our biggest fears" please stop being a physical fakeboy. You only buy physical collectors editions to play with the dolls that come with them lol.

I love the fresh smell of a brand new physical game opening for the first time. I happily talk to my GameStop associate when I come in to buy a physical game. I own or have owned some of the rarest physical games. I’m more physical than you’ll ever know. My game physicality is unmatched. I’m the real deal physical. Meanwhile, your Xbox bud Phil is making you retire from gaming. Let that sink in..

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Last_Lap

@mrbojangles25: What do you have against people who want options, aren't you Hermits big on options, what happened?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrbojangles25

@last_lap said:

@mrbojangles25: What do you have against people who want options, aren't you Hermits big on options, what happened?

That more or less what I said in my post. MS is giving people more options and all the physical-only people feel like the world is ending and they're being forced to go digital.

Physical Xbox exists

Digital Xbox exists.

Live and and let live, and move on.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

Garbage. How are you supposed to play 4K blu rays which have better picture quality than any streaming service. Given the amount gamers care about image quality you'd think would be a huge deal

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Naylord said:

Garbage. How are you supposed to play 4K blu rays which have better picture quality than any streaming service. Given the amount gamers care about image quality you'd think would be a huge deal

I think they can still play them on their XSX that has a physical disk drive, yes?

You raise an interesting point, though: how many people do really care about image quality enough to still use blu-ray disks?

And of those, how many have a dedicated, standalone blu-ray player (separate from their console)? I imagine having a disk drive to play blu-ray discs on a console is more of a luxury afterthought than something one specifically buys a console to do. There might be some overlap though.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: So.

You admit you're on "team Sony"?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11092 Posts

It looks even shittier in white. Like an old ass freezer. LOL!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

I love the fresh smell of a brand new physical game opening for the first time. I happily talk to my GameStop associate when I come in to buy a physical game. I own or have owned some of the rarest physical games. I’m more physical than you’ll ever know. My game physicality is unmatched. I’m the real deal physical. Meanwhile, your Xbox bud Phil is making you retire from gaming. Let that sink in..

Retire from gaming lol. I'll still be gaming just not on future hardware if it's all digital. Whereas you'll still be playing with your collectable dolls.

Gamestop Associate, do you work at a Gamestop?

The bold is especially funny as you're trying too hard to prove something you're not, and i'm finding it hilarious, keep'em coming 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I think they can still play them on their XSX that has a physical disk drive, yes?

You raise an interesting point, though: how many people do really care about image quality enough to still use blu-ray disks?

And of those, how many have a dedicated, standalone blu-ray player (separate from their console)? I imagine having a disk drive to play blu-ray discs on a console is more of a luxury afterthought than something one specifically buys a console to do. There might be some overlap though.

If the Blu-ray section in stores any indication of its popularity I would wager most people don't care for it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

If the Blu-ray section in stores any indication of its popularity I would wager most people don't care for it.

That's kind of how I was leaning as well. I feel like blu-ray could be considered a "collector" or "enthusiast" hobby at this point, and not something your average person is into.

I'd wager collecting vinyl records probably sells more copies than blu-ray does.

Obviously these people deserve to have options but if it's not profitable for MS or Sony to include a disk drive anymore I don't think we could fault them for doing away with it or selling one as an accessory.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

Sneaky f***ers doing an E3 2013 move

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Last_Lap

@mrbojangles25: I'm not sure you're following. MS will stop making the disc version of the X, that means they're ditching physical, and thus less options.

Not sure how you couldn't think that one threw 🤷‍♂️

Why would you make a digital ONLY Series X when the Series X is already capable of doing digital?

Catch up Jangles.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1248 Posts

Hey the white digital series X looks like the black physical/digital series x who would have thought eh.

They have another thing in common too.... They're both the most powerful console on the planet......poor ps5 and its 936p flop of the ronin 😂🤣

Shame lazy 3rd party Devs can't use it's power and features

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dabear

@Naylord said:

MS is not pulling the plug on the XSX with a blu-ray drive. This is an all digital SKU, probably for people who want to upgrade their S (or jump in all digital).

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

OMG, OMG, OMG... AntiWoke? ;o

Okay, not really. lolololol :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

I did notice a tiny bit more noise coming from the XSX than from the fat PS5 I had.

Then again, having a disc drive is nice because you can buy whatever old game you are into and get a superior 4K version by inserting the disc.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

me to I look like a coke head sniffing my game package lol. best smell ever.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gifford38
@R4gn4r0k said:

I did notice a tiny bit more noise coming from the XSX than from the fat PS5 I had.

Then again, having a disc drive is nice because you can buy whatever old game you are into and get a superior 4K version by inserting the disc.

yes disc drive means cheaper used games.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gifford38

so now when the ps5 pro this year and no xbox pro. next year xbox will release the pro and be more powerful but more late in the game. just like xbox one x.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gifford38
@dabear said:
@Naylord said:

MS is not pulling the plug on the XSX with a blu-ray drive. This is an all digital SKU, probably for people who want to upgrade their S (or jump in all digital).

MS is not pulling the plug on the XSX with a blu-ray drive.

how do you know that? we don't know yet.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dabear

@gifford38 said:
@dabear said:
@Naylord said:

MS is not pulling the plug on the XSX with a blu-ray drive.

how do you know that? we don't know yet.

Well, we don't know that this is more than a prototype or powerpoint yet either, do we?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

They should have a blu ray drive for people who want it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@robert_sparkes: People who want a digital series X with a Blu-ray player (Think you mean UHD drive) will buy the standard XSX.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Was reading on reddit about a guy who got Dragons Dogma 2 but had buyers remorse and actually prefered Rise of the Ronin.

People told him to trade in DD2 or get a second hand copy of RotR to aleviate some of the cost.

Guy said he had the PS5 digital... That stings, it means there is no way to get your money back from a purchased games.

I will pay that extra if I have to, to get a physical game. It's a nice thing to just have a library of physical games.

Console gaming going the way of PC and all digital libraries is the future... But I'm just not ready to entertain the idea just yet.

Not sure how Sony is going to do the PS5 pro disc/discless thing.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I'd rather have disc version if I got the X.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

I'm not sure who this is supposed to appeal too, late adopters maybe?

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@gifford38 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Was reading on reddit about a guy who got Dragons Dogma 2 but had buyers remorse and actually prefered Rise of the Ronin.

People told him to trade in DD2 or get a second hand copy of RotR to aleviate some of the cost.

Guy said he had the PS5 digital... That stings, it means there is no way to get your money back from a purchased games.

I will pay that extra if I have to, to get a physical game. It's a nice thing to just have a library of physical games.

Console gaming going the way of PC and all digital libraries is the future... But I'm just not ready to entertain the idea just yet.

Not sure how Sony is going to do the PS5 pro disc/discless thing.

Heck, you don't even need to do a trade in to aleviate *some* of the cost. Usually on facebook marketplace or craigslist, it's easy to find people who will straight up do a full trade game for game when they're both new and worth roughly the same. It's a win win because both parties get to play a new game.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidGame_basic

@Heil68 said:

I'd rather have disc version if I got the X.

Yup.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

We’re probably seeing the final stretch for physical format in gaming.

I think Microsoft will keep selling the disc based XSX but slowly phase it out by the time they are about to release their next system and make it digital only.

Sony will probably just have a digital only PS6 when 2028 rolls around. Kind of feels that they want to do this by making the blu-ray player an add on with the PS5 Slim.

Nintendo will probably have a digital only Switch 2 variant and then just go digital only with their system after that.

The space for physical games in my local Best Buy and Walmart just seem to be ever shrinking these days.