Which of the 3 console companies do you feel screwed you over the most this gen?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I think they all took advantage of their fans and customers at some point. Sony had the hack, Nitnendo dumped thier fanbase for the Wii Sports soccer moms, and MS had the RROD and charging for online MP access. Who made you the most angry this gen so far and why?

I voted MS because every single time I was starting to like the 360 they would do something stupid! Either it would RROD or they hike the price of Xbox Live up or something else that would just sneak up on me. Like I'm an adult now so I can afford the price of Live (I don't buy it though) but back when I was a kid in High School I would give up a game on my birthday for an xbox live subscription and I would get a game for Hanuckha/Christmas, I had no choice and I would bash PSN calling it laggy and thought Live was SO superior. Well after I grew up and bought myself a PS3 and played on PSN I never bought Xbox Live again. Nothing worth paying for IMO, can't believe I gave up so many games just to play over my OWN internet (well parents at the time) connection!

Well that's just my opnion, who screwed you the most?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#2 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

All three of them did crap that I hate.

I guess I'd vote Microsoft because of their new focus on Kinect and their overall lack of first-party.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

They all screwed up in someway, but I think MS wins it.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Microsoft Microsoft Microsoft!!! I HATE them and I hate every exclusive they are known for (Gears, Halo, and Forza(Forza OK but not amazing)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Nintendo, without a doubt, assuming only home consoles are counted.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

Sony, but only because they will force me to get another PS3 thanks to their ridiculous bad engineering in the phat models

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Microsoft.

Poor hardware from the off.

Paying for things we get free, and better elsewhere.

Kinect focus.

Killed Rare.

zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zombieseesmeat
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts
I see this not ending well
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
MS screws its customers the best
Mawy_Golomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Mawy_Golomb
Member since 2008 • 1047 Posts
I think that Nintendo did it the most for me, even though I still own a Wii. It just sits there collecting dust. Sold my 360, but I plan on eventually buying one back or getting a PS3 instead.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
MS. Yo, WTF guys? I bought THREE, THREE of your systems because they keep breaking. I have to pay $60 a year for party chat! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Companies didn't screw me over. Companies don't even know who I am. :|

I am another walking, talking wallet to them. Anyone that thinks companies care enough about their customers to bend to their every whim is loony.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
all 3 have been disappointments to the point it's almost funny...almost
Genesis-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Genesis-X
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts
None?
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Microsoft easilly.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

SW has a clear bias against MS whenever polls are taken so the results are inevitable.

I own both an Xbox 360 and PS3 and haven't had problems with either. My only current gripe I have is with SOE, not neccessarily Sony, and not having their MMOs coming to the PS3 (which they once hinted at).

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

I am another walking, talking wallet to them. Anyone that thinks companies care enough about their customers to bend to their every whim is loony.

mmmwksil
Companies do care about you. They HAVE to respect you. If you give them money, they want you. MS for instance does screw you over, because you give them money and they give you a faulty product. Or you give Activision money and they give you Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Definitely Nintendo.

Everything was great about the GC and then suddenly, they went "downhill" for me. Not even the 3DS is enough to win my heart.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShadowMoses900

mmmwksil

Yes all the companies only care about your money and that's it. And that's fine because that's capitilism, but some do it by screwing their consumers over more so than others.

Mawy_Golomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mawy_Golomb

SW has a clear bias against MS whenever polls are taken so the results are inevitable.

I own both an Xbox 360 and PS3 and haven't had problems with either. My only current gripe I have is with SOE, not neccessarily Sony, and not having their MMOs coming to the PS3 (which they once hinted at).

KC_Hokie
Yeah. I wish that we'd see more MMOGs this gen, but looks like that isn't going to happen. Maybe Dust 514 will do a decent job, but I still doubt it will be that big of an impact on seeing more console MMOGs.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

Microsoft or nintendo, (no im not a fanboy, i dont even own a console any more)

See, i never had an original xbox, so i was DAMN surprised when it turned out that you had to pay for online. I was majorly jarateed, and i felt screwed over because of the xbox's "superior" multiplayer.

Nintendo screwed me (and a lot of hardcore gamers) for taking years just to make hardcore games, mostly sticking with the casuals. The wii was the first console i sold (out of the three) because of this.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
Microsoft for 3 reasons 1. Focus on kinect and complete lack of exclusives 2. $60 a year to play games online is ridiculous 3. I had 3 360's rrod on me
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

Mawy_Golomb

Yeah. I wish that we'd see more MMOGs this gen, but looks like that isn't going to happen. Maybe Dust 514 will do a decent job, but I still doubt it will be that big of an impact on seeing more console MMOGs.

I don't have high expectations for DUST 514. I actually think Defiance looks better. And the Undead Labs' Zombie MMO should be the standout for console MMOs.

SOE earlier this year made it sound like The Agency, Planetside 2 and Everquest Next were all coming to the PS3. Now it's highly unlikely any will make it. Sony's own MMOs aren't being developed for their own console anymore. That might be the biggest letdown for me (as a big MMO fan).

Mawy_Golomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mawy_Golomb

I'm never likely buying a console/handheld on day one EVER again. The Wii fell very short of my expectations. And seeing what happened to the 3DS, I am being more convinced as time goes by that launch days are not the best indications of how well a console/handheld will do in the long run. Look at the DC and you'll see what I mean. In spite of this, as someone going to work on serious games (military simulators, business sims, flight sims, etc.), it would really make a lot of sense to understand console, handheld, PC, and mobile gaming to be a great game programmer and/or designer, so that will probably be the main reason why I end up focusing on all 4 of those areas.of games.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="Mawy_Golomb"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

KC_Hokie

I don't have high expectations for DUST 514. I actually think Defiance looks better. And the Undead Labs' Zombie MMO should be the standout for console MMOs.

SOE earlier this year made it sound like The Agency, Planetside 2 and Everquest Next were all coming to the PS3. Now it's highly unlikely any will make it. Sony's own MMOs aren't being developed for their own console anymore. That might be the biggest letdown for me (as a big MMO fan).

Dust 514 looks like MAG to me, which means I won't like it. I'm not really a fan of any MMO game, especially MMORPG. And those Undead zombie games don't look like nothing special IMO, I haven't even heard anything about them and it's unlikely they will ever get released this gen.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I don't really feel screwed over by any of them, but if I had to pick one, I guess I would choose Microsoft.

-RROD

-$100 WiFi adapter

-$60 a year to play games online

-$130 harddrives which are required for game modes in games like Halo Reach and original Xbox backwards compatibility.

-Lack of first party support

-Focus on Kinect

-I think it's kinda dumb how Microsoft has that deal that protects their inferior technology by forcing 3rd party developers to release games of equal quality and content across the platforms. Some of the big multi-platform games released this generation really could have been better than they were had Microsoft included a better disc drive storage medium than DVD. Lots of developers like Rockstar and Square-Enix claimed that they had to cut content from their games because of the limited storage of the DVD on 360.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

All 3 make me feel screwed to a degree. Sony due to small reasons like lack of cross game chat, MS due to you name it and it's there, and Nintendo due to the fact that the library is 90% casual garbage. It's just sad.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

enterawesome

Companies do care about you. They HAVE to respect you. If you give them money, they want you. MS for instance does screw you over, because you give them money and they give you a faulty product. Or you give Activision money and they give you Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.

In that regard, I guess you have a point :lol:

After 4 years, I was also a victim of the RRoD plague. Guess not even extreme care of the product could do more than stave off inevitable failure.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
nintendo easily. they killed metroid and managed to make a boring zelda game and they have no online
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="Mawy_Golomb"] Yeah. I wish that we'd see more MMOGs this gen, but looks like that isn't going to happen. Maybe Dust 514 will do a decent job, but I still doubt it will be that big of an impact on seeing more console MMOGs.ShadowMoses900

Dust 514 looks like MAG to me, which means I won't like it. I'm not really a fan of any MMO game, especially MMORPG. And those Undead zombie games don't look like nothing special IMO, I haven't even heard anything about them and it's unlikely they will ever get released this gen.

The problem with a PS3 MMO is lack of main RAM (half of what the Xbox 360 has). So you have to have awful graphics and heavily segregate maps so no more than 32 are in a quadrant. There is no indication DUST 514 has been able to figure a way around this either. And like I said no more of Sony's own MMO are coming to the PS3 now. It's because of the lack of main RAM but they won't say it. DCUO locks up on a consistent basis on the PS3 because of it (they also won't say why of course).

The Undead Labs MMO is being released this generation. Here is a screenshot (right click and view just screenshot to properly see it):

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#31 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
None. The worst i can say is that there just weren't many good games on the PSP, DS or Wii, but it's my fault for buying the platforms without having too many games I wanted on them and expecting things to improve.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I don't have high expectations for DUST 514. I actually think Defiance looks better. And the Undead Labs' Zombie MMO should be the standout for console MMOs.

KC_Hokie

The problem with a PS3 MMO is lack of main RAM (half of what the Xbox 360 has). So you have to have awful graphics and heavily segregate maps so no more than 32 are in a quadrant. There is no indication DUST 514 has been able to figure a way around this either. And like I said no more of Sony's own MMO are coming to the PS3 now. It's because of the lack of main RAM but they won't say it. DCUO locks up on a consistent basis on the PS3 because of it (they also won't say why of course).

The Undead Labs MMO is being released this generation. Here is a screenshot (right click and view just screenshot to properly see it):

I doubt the ram has to do with anything, hell Resistance 2 was an MMO I think (it had 60 players) but it looked pretty well at the time. I do know RAM is part of the reason why cross chat isn't on PSN (a feature I don't care about) but I doubt that would have anything to do with MMO graphics or map segregation.

And like I said no one has really heard about this zombie game or the developers. Dead Island just came out so go play that instead.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KC_Hokie

I doubt the ram has to do with anything, hell Resistance 2 was an MMO I think (it had 60 players) but it looked pretty well at the time. I do know RAM is part of the reason why cross chat isn't on PSN (a feature I don't care about) but I doubt that would have anything to do with MMO graphics or map segregation.

And like I said no one has really heard about this zombie game or the developers. Dead Island just came out so go play that instead.

ShadowMoses900

There is a big difference between a single play games with multiplayer and an MMO. RAM restricutions are a HUGE deal for MMO. It's why every SOE is no longer coming to the PS3. It's why DCUO has hard freezes/crashes at least every 30 minutes on the PS3.

The Undead Labs MMO is coming out for the Xbox 360 this generation. Most of the developers working on it are ex-ArenaNet employees with the founder being an Arena-Net co-founder. These guys have a TON of MMO experience.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
Nintendo takes the cake. i mean cmon no Xenoblade for NA wtf???
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#35 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
microsoft.
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#36 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts
Microsoft. Bad hardware, hold online multiplayer hostage, no built in wifi, and few exclusives that I like (gave a good number a shot), too much focus nowadays on Kinect. I feel like MS is more focused on nickel and diming customers and keeping things away from the competition than catering to fans and pushing gaming forward (Act like DLC is exclusive when just timed and overcharging for their HDDs and wifi adapters).
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I'd say Microsoft, primarily because their Kinect focus has turned me into a hermit.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Microsoft. They lured me in early this generation with exclusive JRPGs and then all but stopped supporting them.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

From an actual investment standpoint it would have to be Microsoft but only from the standpoint that the majority of stuff I purchased and invested in was on that system.
I cannot say for the Wii or Ps3 because while I may have those systems I didn't invest nearly as much in them as the 360.

Solid_Sterb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Solid_Sterb
Member since 2010 • 1703 Posts

Nintendo, mainly due to them not localizing Xenoblade and the Last Story. The other two companies did some things that irked me, but I'd say that takes the cake.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

I don't really feel screwed over by any of them, but if I had to pick one, I guess I would choose Microsoft.

-RROD

-$100 WiFi adapter

-$60 a year to play games online

-$130 harddrives which are required for game modes in games like Halo Reach and original Xbox backwards compatibility.

-Lack of first party support

-Focus on Kinect

-I think it's kinda dumb how Microsoft has that deal that protects their inferior technology by forcing 3rd party developers to release games of equal quality and content across the platforms. Some of the big multi-platform games released this generation really could have been better than they were had Microsoft included a better disc drive storage medium than DVD. Lots of developers like Rockstar and Square-Enix claimed that they had to cut content from their games because of the limited storage of the DVD on 360.

hard drive is no longer required for reach. As well since the minority of time has live been 60 dollars you should say 50 dollars since thats what the cost was the majority of time untill the 10 dollar price increase.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WilliamRLBaker

Microsoft.

Poor hardware from the off.

Paying for things we get free, and better elsewhere.

Kinect focus.

Killed Rare.

-Snooze-

free and better else where only on the pc though...Ps3 online is worse and Wii is majorly worse...they killed of rare no sorry they didn't. I'll give you kinect focus and poor hardware.

Whats funny about this thread is even though I vote microsoft so many other peoples reasons with either be blatant disinformation or things the other console makers did as well yet the 360 will be the only one singled out for it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I've been paying for Live since the original XBox, so Microsoft didn't screw me on that at all. I have no problems paying it so I can play online with all my friends. Microsoft screwed us with the RROD, that's true and their lack of exclusives in their 2nd half of this generation. PS3 screwed us with their high console prices, lies and false advertising. They also screwed us by taking away valuable features from our PS3. Including PS2 B/C, Linux support and poor security of our personal data. For me Nintendo screwed us the most by abandoning the Wii with great first party software. When it comes down to it, it's all about the games and Nintendo seem to have pulled the plug on quality Wii software to start catering to the Wii U and 3DS. At least Sony & Microsoft are still giving us decent titles for their platforms. I haven't bought a Wii game in months. Very disappointing, especially for a company that has always been about the games.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
MS screws its customers the bestZombieKiller7
I don't think so. Sony lies to their customers the most, hands down. At least M$ offered a replacement plan for their RROD. Sony didn't do that for the PS2 when it had the DRE. Sony also removed lots of features from their PS3 before it launched after promising so much. It took them over 2 years to actually deliver some quality "AAA" titles. Microsoft had that right out of the gate. They didn't over promise. The only thing Sony did right was not give up and keep plugging away at trying to make the system successful. Which should have been easy since they already had over 100 million user fanbase in the PS2 and was a huge success in Japan. Something Microsoft still hasn't been able to grasp. Still, Nintendo seem to have abandoned the Wii fans, which is ridiculous considering their user base.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Screw me , NONE since was my first gen without a console since...ATARI 2600!! I sticked to PC this gen but from what ive seen , read and experience myself thru friends and everyone else. 1) First place goes to MS. RROD was a big upset and the charge to be able to play online bigger. When i was thinking to buy X360 these 2 things were what made me not buy it. 2) Nintendo.. Oh well.. First on race , overhyped console because of a controller , released this gen "last" , will die first while letting 75M of their fans and customers without support. If thats not screwing what is? Want me to tell you about lack of almost ALL AAA/AA multis this gen? Want me to say that SMG had 50euros price tag in my country 2 years after its release? I can go on but you get what i mean.... 3) PS3... Even with VERY low start and worst marketing in history , many problems as extremely high price , system redesign to cut price , no many games the first 2 years to boost sales, exclusive loses to X360 and many more issues .. PS3 was always a solid hardware , free internet and the latest years solid exclusives made it a strong opponent. Too late though but anyways. I dont think any PS3 owner can feel screwed up at all , except PSN hack which was an attack to Sony in the first place. Now that doesnt mean PS3 did all good. What made me not buy it at start was the lack of games and the skyrock price of 600 euros with no game!! And i still dont own one becayse i still found the price of 300 euros ( 400++dollars ) too much for a 6 years old console. All in all , all 3 consoles had problems this gen and even if numbers seems to make Wii as a true winner , i dare to say ( numbers aside) as a gamer i dont see any clear winner this gen. I cant wait for next gen...( and no Wii-u wont be a "true" next gen console with this Live demo they showed in E3 )
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
i feel like microsoft did, they were releasing alot of exclusives at first and bringing in some new/old ip's but now they just kinda gave up and all they rely on is cod, halo and kinect now :/
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Microsoft Microsoft Microsoft!!! I HATE them and I hate every exclusive they are known for (Gears, Halo, and Forza(Forza OK but not amazing)

Wolfetan
But how exactly have they screwed you over if you never owned a 360?
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

Capcom.

Why? RE5.

o0HAPPY0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 o0HAPPY0o
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts

Microsoft for 3 reasons 1. Focus on kinect and complete lack of exclusives 2. $60 a year to play games online is ridiculous 3. I had 3 360's rrod on meMoriarity_
Your entitled to your own opinion but i cant say that i agree with you.

1) I believe that with or without Kinect MS would still have the same amount of exclusives.

2) XBL has been a paid subscription service since 2002 and i believe that you get what you pay for, otherwise, both XBL and PSN would offer the exact same quality service and features which (coming from someone who's experienced both)they obviouslydon't.

3)I've gone through 5 faulty 360's due to RRoD since December 05' and it hasn't cost me a thing (3 year warranty)except a little time away from console gaming.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Microsoft easily. No excuse for shipping out consoles that are designed to fail within months.