Which is better PC or console?

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

OK, sorry about asking this question but I have a friend that plays PC games and I just want to find the opinion of other people, I think PCs lack standards, I mean you have to constantly update the computer where as consoles take only the games that were made for them. I think PCs are a complete waste of money, gameing computers are like money sucking vampires.

steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 steve17989
Member since 2006 • 1020 Posts

I think you need to invest more time into PC gaming, but the benefits are well worth it.

sillaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sillaris
Member since 2008 • 1083 Posts

PC/PS3 combo = no need at all for 360

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 metroidprime55

I love the 360 I just wish it was easier to mod.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

While they are both gaming platforms that often share the same games; they cater to different audiences.

Consoles are for the convenience gamer, PC is for people looking for a more custom experience. I wouldn't say either is better than the other, what's better is dependant on the subjective needs of the gamer.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

You're not qualified to make an opinion if you don't know how to use a PC.

You cannot use lack of knowledge about a platform for grounds on whether its better or not. Its like saying, a bike is better than a car because you don't know how to drive. PC gaming is for PC enthusiast. Its an advanced form of gaming for people who want more control over hardware and software. No one here is arguing over "ease of use" Thats why consoles exists. Its the basic form of gaming, for people who just want to sit down and turn on a game. Its essentially about preference.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

OK, sorry about asking this question but I have a friend that plays PC games and I just want to find the opinion of other people, I think PCs lack standards, I mean you have to constantly update the computer where as consoles take only the games that were made for them. I think PCs are a complete waste of money, gameing computers are like money sucking vampires.

metroidprime55

Oh god, you're misinformed.

You hardly need to "constantly" update a computer. Granted, if you want to have the absolute best possible experience, you'd be updating every other year. But then again, if you want the absolute best, you're upgrading no matter what gaming platform you're on.

Moving on, PCs most definitely have standards, typically higher than that of consoles due to more powerful technology and whatnot.

As for being a "waste of money" or "money sucking vampire", again, quite wrong. You only need to pay for what you want. If you don't need "top of the line, super awesome machine" gaming, PCs easily run less than $600-700. If you want the best you can get, you may be looking at a little over $1000, but you won't be needing to upgrade any time soon.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I prefer PC.
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Objectively PC offers more than a console. But subjectively:

PC is for people who prefer the complexity, freedom and fluidity of software and hardware (and for those willing to spend the extra $$$)

Consoles are for people who prefer the convenience, ease of use and "plug n play" (used to be the case previous gen but as of now consoles have updates and patches)

However the line between console and PC is getting blurrier, take the PS3 laptop for example or the browsers of consoles. Consoles are now becoming more and more like PCs that both worlds may merge soon.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 metroidprime55

Here is an example of my problom with PCs, I got a copy of UT3 and I put it in my computer and the graphics were so bad I literly felt sick, I tried it on another computer and what do you know, ITS A VISTA, I get a message that says UT3.EXE file has stoped working and now I have a worthless disk.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Here is an example of my problom with PCs, I got a copy of UT3 and I put it in my computer and the graphics were so bad I literly felt sick,

metroidprime55

In other words you put the game in a PC whose specification didn't meet the games requirements, either through age or it wasn't intended as a gaming PC.

Of course at least it ran, if you tried putting a PS3 game into a PS2 you would get nothing.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 metroidprime55

Well I would have to just change the graphics card but I don't have that kind of money, I'm broke and I can't get a job.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts
Both have their pro's and con's. The deciding factors for me are that PC gaming is too expensive for me, and at the end of the day, I'd rather sit on my lounge and play PS3 instead.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

PC/PS3 combo = no need at all for 360

sillaris
Because you can play all of the 360's exclusives on the PC and PS3 right? Oh wait, no you can't. :|
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Well I would have to just change the graphics card but I don't have that kind of money, I'm broke and I can't get a job.

metroidprime55

Then thats why consoles exist, they offer cheap gaming. PC gaming needs more $$$ for initial investment then it gets cheaper as games 10-20$, for example you buy 10 game at full price a year thats 500$ for PC 600$ for console, then there are Steam/Impulse/Direct2Drive deals that can make that 500$ a year for games go much cheaper not to mention that PC games drop price faster than console although it is worth mentioning that consoles have bigger resell value. That and PC gets free dlc in some cases.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 metroidprime55

Well cant you mod 360 games just they are harder do mod on?

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Skittles_McGee

Well cant you mod 360 games just they are harder do mod on?

metroidprime55
Its also illegal. Don't do it and don't talk about it.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 metroidprime55

I mean modding games like Fallout 3, I hear you can do it.

steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 steve17989
Member since 2006 • 1020 Posts

I mean modding games like Fallout 3, I hear you can do it.

metroidprime55

Not possible on consoles. The only console game that was designed to be modded was UT3, and even that didn't work out too well.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 metroidprime55

I really want to mod Fallout 3 but I have it for the 360, it would be a waste of money to get a copy for the PC. Plus my PC sucks, the best game it can handle has to be Myst (which happens to be one of my favorite games).

Sandallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sandallman
Member since 2009 • 408 Posts
PC if you have no friends. Console if you have friends. now, the question you should ask yourself now is, besides that guy who plays computers, do you have any friends?
IndianaJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IndianaJosh
Member since 2003 • 5159 Posts

I really want to mod Fallout 3 but I have it for the 360, it would be a waste of money to get a copy for the PC. Plus my PC sucks, the best game it can handle has to be Myst (which happens to be one of my favorite games).

metroidprime55
Thest best game your PC can handle is from 1993, and you want to play UT3?
IndianaJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IndianaJosh
Member since 2003 • 5159 Posts
[QUOTE="Sandallman"]PC if you have no friends. Console if you have friends. now, the question you should ask yourself now is, besides that guy who plays computers, do you have any friends?

What if my friends play PC games?
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 metroidprime55

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

IndianaJosh

Thest best game your PC can handle is from 1993, and you want to play UT3?

Well you have to admit it was a good game and it still is.

Sandallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sandallman
Member since 2009 • 408 Posts

[QUOTE="Sandallman"]PC if you have no friends. Console if you have friends. now, the question you should ask yourself now is, besides that guy who plays computers, do you have any friends?kunal1092000

WHAT?! Ever heard of Xfire or Raptr? There are literally thousands on it and you can make good friends off of there and track what game they're playing and even join-in if you have the game they're playing. It also tracks how long you've played each game take a look at xfire.com and find a player profile. Awesome isnt it? You can even upload videos, screenshots, and oh yeah do live broadcasts. Can you do that on 360 and PS3? NO.

i consider friends to be people i have seen face to face. look, if you think LOGGAMER234 is your friend, then so be it. but if your ever strapped of cash, do you reckon he'll lend you a buck? no, i didnt think so.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 metroidprime55

360 does all those things, do you own a 360, do you have live, trust me it does, you can share videos and screenshots in Halo 3 and you can see what your friends are playing and you can join their game. I bet everything Xfire can do Live can do better, its easier and player friendly.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Skittles_McGee

360 does all those things, do you own a 360, do you have live, trust me it does, you can share videos and screenshots in Halo 3 and you can see what your friends are playing and you can join their game. I bet everything Xfire can do Live can do better, its easier and player friendly.

metroidprime55
Live can record videos for ANY game, record your stats for many games, and take screenshots for any game? This is news to me.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 metroidprime55

What are you saying I don't know what I'm talking about?

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Skittles_McGee

What are you saying I don't know what I'm talking about?

metroidprime55
You just said one game being able to record videos and take screenshots is equal to being able to record videos and take screenshots for every game on a platform. Yes, you do NOT know what you're talking about. Thats pretty evident.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 metroidprime55

I am aware of this but that was an example you can do the same with just about any game you can take screenshots on.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Skittles_McGee

I am aware of this but that was an example you can do the same with just about any game you can take screenshots on.

metroidprime55
All, what, 3 of them? The only way to take screenshots of any console game is to use a capture card, which requires extra money, something that Xfire requires none of. At all.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

kunal1092000

You cannot take screenshots with every game as you believe it. Halo 3 is the only game I've known that this is possible and this isn't even in-game it's in the Theatre mode where you have to go back through all the video footage to get that perfect screenshot.

There's also Gears 2 and I THINK you can take screens in FC2. Not that anyone cares enough about FC2 though.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 metroidprime55

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

Skittles_McGee

All, what, 3 of them? The only way to take screenshots of any console game is to use a capture card, which requires extra money, something that Xfire requires none of. At all.

Oh yeah but I mean just forget about that new processer and graphics card you paid $700 dollers on and rant about your PC friends.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

metroidprime55

Oh yeah but I mean just forget about that new processer and graphics card you paid $700 dollers on and rant about your PC friends.

What new processor and graphics card. I haven't bought a new PC part in two years. the last time I bought parts I paid $200 for RAM and hard drive space. Good job with that though. Really nailed that one ya did.
N0d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 N0d0
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

What moron would pay $700 for a CPU and GPU?

Most of my modern gaming I play on the PC, but I still play plenty of older console games. So it depends on what mood I'm in.

jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

metroidprime55

Protip:

Even intel integrated GPUs can take screenshots.

I bet yours can. :)