Which games are so easy that it becomes a fault?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Disclaimer: for the purposes of the thread, I'm talking about games on their normal difficulty setting.

We all know about Prince of Persia 08, so I won't go on about that, but I'd say Bioshock Infinite.

Bioshock games have always been very easy, but Bioshock Infinite, as amazing as it is, is just far too lenient. Not only does Elizabeth give you a constant flow of money (which is fine), but she can heal you up and give you ammo in the middle of almost every battle. Furthermore, there's really no penalty for dying as losing a bit of money is just not a big deal at all, especially when Elizabeth is constantly giving it to you. As somebody who is not really that good at video games, I appreciate accessibility, but this game takes making the game easier for the player too far. Since the enemy AI is already rather lax, the gunplay loses some of its tension because the game design is so forgiving and the game doesn't really feel like it gets harder as it goes on.

Like I said, I love Bioshock Infinite, but the developers need to find more balanced ways of providing accessibility.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The Bioshock games in general. The original isn't satisfying from a combat standpoint+the chambers make death a non-issue, and Infinite is a pure cake walk between Elizabeth and how they handle death. Fun to mix and match the powers, but it definitely takes away from the gameplay.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is another: charming as **** and has some pretty creative levels here and there, but playing it is a total bore. It's too fucking easy.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Assassin's Creed up until Unity was way too easy. You could become so powerful that regular guards couldn't even kill you because you regenerate health too fast (happened in Brotherhood to me)

and you could easily take out 100s of guards without breaking a sweat. Counters being instant kills etc.

I really like the change they did in Unity. You don't come across as this unbeatable killing machine anymore and have to parry and dodge to fight guards.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I dont get what was wrong with POP 08. All they did was get rid of the game over screen. Instead she just saves you and us from the loading screen of game over. God I wish that game had a sequel.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Bioshock games are fine if a bit easy as long as you play them on the Hard difficulty.

White Knight Chronicles is basically a joke in terms of difficulty.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#6 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Telltale games. Interactive movies all of them. Gets boring if you play long enough. Episodic release is good a decision their games because good storytelling keeps players distracted from its shallow gameplay for 1.5 hours. Revolution software and King art make best adventure games these days.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Shadow of Mordor. The only way to make that game challenging is to purposely not upgrade your character, and even then it's still pretty easy. Infinite combos, tons of invincibility frames, super generous stealth system, auto chain kills, overpowered rapid fire daggers, abilities that regain health while you're chain killing enemies, and on and on.

I still liked the game a lot but damn it was easy.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GreySeal9

@finalfantasy94 said:

I dont get what was wrong with POP 08. All they did was get rid of the game over screen. Instead she just saves you and us from the loading screen of game over. God I wish that game had a sequel.

It wasn't just getting rid of the game over screen. The platforming was way too easy as well. You hardly need reflexes to play that game.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

AC series, Prince of Persia (newer ones), Far Cry 3, hmm, I think i'm sensing a pattern here.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GreySeal9

@DefconRave said:

AC series, Prince of Persia (newer ones), Far Cry 3, hmm, I think i'm sensing a pattern here.

lol

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Shadow of Mordor

Pokemon anything

BioShock Infinite is actually ridiculously hard at points on Hard due to awful design choices

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Most.

The hard option in most games is ideal for me, i cant complain, but i would like to have a close to impossible option, just for a challenging second playthrough.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Nintendo games

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I'd say

There's a solid engine in place but it doesn't really get utilized until way later in the game.

I disagree with people saying Nintendo. People don't know their history or haven't actually bothered to finish most nintendo games, it seems.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

the chambers make death a non-issue

Why does no one ever acknowledge that you can turn those off in the options menu? I never used them, and the game was fantastic fun. People calling it so easy, yet Big Daddy fights were always tough and terrifying.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@farrell2k said:

Because most of today's gamers are casuals who would rather play a game with no damned purpose like GTA5, or another boring FPS like Call of Doody with unlimited ammo, spawning, etc, than actually be challenged by a game. Don't believe me? Look at how much Dark Souls has sold vs Call of Doody.

Gamers want fun, GTA and COD are more fun than Dark Souls for most people. Get over it.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

It wasn't just getting rid of the game over screen. The platforming was way too easy as well. You hardly need reflexes to play that game.

well there are a few points I "died" in the end though while not the hardest the game had a certain motion to it while I was platforming and such that still made it fluid and fun. I also loved the character interaction of the 2 leads and was mighty pissed on how it ended and the dlc just made it worse.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreySeal9

@finalfantasy94 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

well there are a few points I "died" in the end though while not the hardest the game had a certain motion to it while I was platforming and such that still made it fluid and fun. I also loved the character interaction of the 2 leads and was mighty pissed on how it ended and the dlc just made it worse.

I loved that too and really liked the game in general (especially the art). It was just too easy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Final Fantasy VIII and Grandia. Both games become a joke once you see how easy it is to exploit the battle systems.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I play and generally can enjoy easy games.

But it was almost annoying for me in Pokemon X and Y. I just remember thinking the entire game up until the final battle "why the hell am I the only person holding 6 pokemon?"

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I got the Sly trilogy during the sales and I completed the first game in about 4-5 hours thats how easy it was.