When will Nintendo's next console come out?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll When will Nintendo's next console come out? (49 votes)

2015 6%
2016 41%
2017 35%
2018 16%
2019 0%
2020 2%

Hmm.. well I would think it's safe for this year and next. This year we have the big titles like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros Wii U and probably a couple of smaller titles so to speak. 2016 will probably be a decent year too. But 2017? Can we really imagine the Wii U out for that long? I'll say 2017.

• 
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45238 Posts

I'm talking about home console, not handheld.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I say 2016 they are already saying no to a early launch but the Gc came out in 2001/2 and the wii came out in 2006. Before the wii came out NIntendo denied that they were going to bring a new console to market. Then after the wii came out they dropped the GC like a hot rock.

The wii u is selling een worse than the GC so I say 2016 the wii pew 2 will come out.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45238 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I say 2016 they are already saying no to a early launch but the Gc came out in 2001/2 and the wii came out in 2006. Before the wii came out NIntendo denied that they were going to bring a new console to market. Then after the wii came out they dropped the GC like a hot rock.

The wii u is selling even worse than the GC so I say 2016 the wii pew 2 will come out.

makes sense. 4 years is still pretty good.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Nintendo isn't releasing anymore consoles due to lack of interest & sales, haven't you heard? LOL

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

2016. Less than four years of WiiU support would erode consumer trust in their products, and developing a new platform takes time.

It's going to be pretty grizzly for them until then. At least.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I say they cut this gen short. 2016.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

2015 announcement, 2016 release.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

My guess would be at around 2016-17 As far as I know Nintendo has never gone for overly long hardware generations. All I ask is that they manage to release 3 Wii U games I really want before moving on P

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

2015 announcement, 2016 release.

this

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@speak_low said:

I voted 2016, but they will be hurting badly all of 2015.

Isn't it funny how in 2016, PS4/X1 will be entering what could be their most exciting generational peak where the highest sales and software output usually occur, and the other third 'next-gen' console is commercially dead and needs another successor already to save the company's own ass.

When that happens it means your company has become irrelevant. When it happens to a home console it's even worse. And when that happens so soon after the success of the Wii, it means the company is stupid as hell.

I wonder why you keep wasting your time making long posts about a company you clearly hate on almost every thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

December 2016.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

2016 tid bit announcement at E3, official showing at either TGS 2017 or E3 2017, official launch Holiday 2017.

They'll ride it out till then. They may be "bleeding" right now, but the 3DS should sustain them for a few more years.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 no-scope-AK47

@SolidGame_basic said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

The wii u is selling even worse than the GC so I say 2016 the wii pew 2 will come out.

Yeah most likely in 2015 the specs for the new console will get released. Then Nintendo will deny the specs and say no console is coming out just like they did with the wii. I would say that I would buy a wii u when it goes in the discount bin but the wii u emulator is up and running on pc already.

I don't care about the specs on the next console. I do care that it has

1. 3rd party support

2. A hard drive

3. A real online vision across all the games and not stuck on as an afterthought

4. Similar multimedia features no more it's a game machine with no features at full price

5. Find a damn controller and stick with it no more gimmicks that nintendo does not even have a clue how to use at launch.

6. When it drops make sure a megaton is reay in the launch window

7. New ip's not based on old ip's

8. Ask the devs what they want and not just the *** devs either worldwide

9. Do a non cartoon ip with graphics that are similar or better to what is on the xflop/ps4 so that it stands out as real next gen

10. Marketing Marketing Marketing please don't call it wii u 2 or some other dumb shit. Let gamers know that the core gamer is the focus. Don't just piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining. I don't care if you have to beg borrow or steal ideas from Sony and/or MS but just bring the features. Bring the apps and bring it at 400 or less.

If Nintendo has to fire the idiots running shit so be it but there has to be a radical shift in the way they do things to restore faith in the brand.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well.... If its Backwards compatible then I don't mind if it comes out tommorrow..... The Hardware was never a factor for me, because seriously..... who gives a f#*#* !

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 no-scope-AK47

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well.... If its Backwards compatible then I don't mind if it comes out tommorrow..... The Hardware was never a factor for me, because seriously..... who gives a f#*#* !

Well their next gen console should be able to do 1080p 60fps with ease or better if they go AMD like the x180 and ps4. The problem is will Nintendo gimp the hardware with a strange disc format and have no hard drive. Will Nintendo pull some strange controller out their ass with a gimmick that drives the price of the console up or causes them to gimp the gpu like the wii u ??

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#17 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

No, it's not if the original XBOX is any indication.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@no-scope-AK47

All they need is games.... Thats it. I wouldn't care if they refurbished an old NES and tried to sell it as the "Wii Too" as long as its got local multiplayer games coming out of its ass then I'l pay for it........ Graphics adds didly Squat....... !

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 no-scope-AK47

@nintendoboy16 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

No, it's not if the original XBOX is any indication.

Yeah I was upset that they never maxed out the original xbox but it was losing alot of money. When MS sued Nvidia to try to get them to lower the price if the board and gpu I knew that the xbox was dead. At the same time there were specs floating around about some super console MS was making that they denied.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Home console is due Xmas 2017. That's the answer.

I did the math, I broke it down, I looked at trends...there you go. :)

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Looks like we have a thread of aspiring Patchers here.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@no-scope-AK47

All they need is games.... Thats it. I wouldn't care if they refurbished an old NES and tried to sell it as the "Wii Too" as long as its got local multiplayer games coming out of its ass then I'l pay for it........ Graphics adds didly Squat....... !

Lolz you are hardcore bro

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@no-scope-AK47

Indeed I am..... :D

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Not before 2017

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@no-scope-AK47: Excellent ideas but do you have any faith whatsoever in Nintendo doing any of these things?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I say this year around the holidays. If they were smart they wouldn't wait but as we know they aren't smart so I could be wrong but I'm going to assume that they will make an intelligent decision this time.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

Not anytime soon. They don't need a new one. What they currently need is more games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulu_Lulu

So Nintendo might release a new console on Par with Xbox One and PS4..... Then what ? Will that suddenly make it viable ? Will developers randomly get up and decide to start making Nintendo ports ? Not a chance !

Its not the console...... It never was....

They just gotta find a way to turn this sorry excuse of a system into a success like Sony did with the Playstation 3 (How many of you even remember the bad position PS3 was in 2007 ?)

The Same applies to Microsoft's 180s ! Kinect shouldve been Mandatory.... The "Cloud" shouldve been usefull, gamer's be damned ! They gotta commit and follow through.... They gotta keep doing the wrong thing until it becomes right... The gotta Keep saying Kinect and Wii U until the name stops sounding so stupid (just like "Google").

I remember when steam was in a Similar position..... No matter how much hate they stacked on top this piece of crap DRM service it just wouldn't go away (Proof just how stupid gamers are)...... They held their ground. And now we're stuck with this crap forever ! :(

Its in Nintendo's Interest to keep the Wii U around for as long as the other Next gen Consoles stick around too.

Fun Fact: Theres more Active PS2's in the Market then all the 8th gen consoles combined. :p

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

2017 at the earliest

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

5 years at the earliest. It could have the best specs, complete 3rd party support and people still won't buy it because it's Nintendo. They're really going to have to revamp their take on the industry to do better nexxt go around.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Jesus, all this gloom and doom, and this gen has technically just started. Does no one remember the bad first three years the PS3 had? It's only been a year and a half for the wiiu.

The PS3 wasn't this bad though. It was bad compared to PS2's legacy and the 360's awesome early years. But it wasn't as dire as WiiU currently is. It never had to suffer through the droughts WiiU already has.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

idunnoasknintendonoob

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By locopatho

What's this based on? Every time a Nintendo system has had the best 3rd party support, it has won in sales. Every single time. NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS all have/had better 3rd party support than their rivals, and sold more than their rivals.

Gamers just want to play games. It's really, really that simple. If Nintendo get the games, they'll get the sales.

@Sphensen said:

5 years at the earliest. It could have the best specs, complete 3rd party support and people still won't buy it because it's Nintendo.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sphensen

@locopatho said:

What's this based on? Every time a Nintendo system has had the best 3rd party support, it has won in sales. Every single time. NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS all have/had better 3rd party support than their rivals, and sold more than their rivals.

Gamers just want to play games. It's really, really that simple. If Nintendo get the games, they'll get the sales.

@Sphensen said:

5 years at the earliest. It could have the best specs, complete 3rd party support and people still won't buy it because it's Nintendo.

it's just how people view brands. Nobody questioned getting a Playstation or Xbox when they first came out even with unknown performance. Why? because Microsoft and Sony are viewed as tech companies and Nintendo a toy company. Toys are for children and the latest Tech are the toys for Adults.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#37 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By locopatho

@Sphensen said:

@locopatho said:

@Sphensen said:

it's just how people view brands. Nobody questioned getting a Playstation or Xbox when they first came out even with unknown performance. Why? because Microsoft and Sony are viewed as tech companies and Nintendo a toy company. Toys are for children and the latest Tech are the toys for Adults.

Sorry, that narrative simply doesn't line up with reality.

It's a fact that every time Nintendo systems have superior 3rd party, they win.

That's why Playstation took over from Nintendo in the first place: all the 3rd party went to Sony. People didn't buy a PS1 "because Sony are a tech company", they bought it to play some fucking Final Fantasy 7!

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sphensen

@locopatho said:

@Sphensen said:

@locopatho said:

@Sphensen said:

Sorry, that narrative simply doesn't line up with reality.

It's a fact that every time Nintendo systems have superior 3rd party, they win.

That's why Playstation took over from Nintendo in the first place: all the 3rd party went to Sony. People didn't buy a PS1 "because Sony are a tech company", they bought it to play some fucking Final Fantasy 7!

Well we can only hope I get proven wrong

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Nintendo really should wait this gen out and coincide their release with Sony and MS next gen.

Buuuuuuuuutttttttt.......since we're know they're not going to do that and will experience the exact same problems this gen and as they have next gen I vote Christmas 2017.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 locopatho

@farrell2k said:

@locopatho said:

@farrell2k said:

Jesus, all this gloom and doom, and this gen has technically just started. Does no one remember the bad first three years the PS3 had? It's only been a year and a half for the wiiu.

The PS3 wasn't this bad though. It was bad compared to PS2's legacy and the 360's awesome early years. But it wasn't as dire as WiiU currently is. It never had to suffer through the droughts WiiU already has.

Well considering that the PS3 never made Sony a dime, causing billions of USD in losses, it was much worse than the WiiU currently is. You can deny it, but history has already demonstrated this to be true.

http://nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-sales-compare-favorably-to-ps3-ps-vita-in-first-year-sales/

You've just completely changed the subject, from how good the consoles are to "are they making money".

Different topic completely.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I don't think it's an easy prediction. If they're going to continue being themselves and focus on "innovation" over power I see it launching 2017. Maybe even 2018. If they're going to want to try compete power wise, I see them holding out nearer to the launch of the other consoles.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

2017 is the safest bet. That would be a five year life cycle which is typical. 2016 could be a possibility if sales remain as low as they are now, but I think odds of it coming out later than 2017 are slim.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 locopatho

@farrell2k said:

@locopatho said:

You've just completely changed the subject, from how good the consoles are to "are they making money".

Different topic completely.

I don't know what you are going on about, but you are injecting your interpretation of the purpose of this thread into the conversation. How "bad" a console is just opinion. The topic at hand is when Nintendo will deliver a new console, and whether or not this console makes money will likely be the determining factor in that.

Well in that case the WiiU is already making money so what the **** are you talking about?

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

I would guess the end of 2016 unless the Wii U really picks up.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Somehow its coming out in 2010.