what's your opinion on The Darkness? (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MasterChief1013
MasterChief1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterChief1013
Member since 2004 • 7019 Posts
this was probably one of the first next-gen games to be hyped, and i was just wondering if it fell short of expectations? i'm only stating this because for me, it kinda did. now don't get me wrong, i think it's an amazing next-gen achievement, but where would it be without it's pretty graphics? summoning darklings is okay and all, but they aren't implemented very well. that cool snake that eats hearts is awesome though, and the way it can sneak up on enemies is great too.

the gunplay also falls kinda short.. it was good, but the gunbattles were nothing like F.E.A.R's. i also thought the WW1 chapters were a unique twist, but again, not implemented very well. the guns were meh, but the battlefields really did make it feel dreadful, how WW1 should've felt. all in all, i see next-gen games taking a turn for the worst; they keep on focusing on graphics a little too much.. for example, sure, Oblivion looks amazing, but Morrowind had ALOT more depth, and it just felt more epic.

lets all hope that the upcoming batch of PS3/X360 and Wii games have more in store. :)

Mfals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Mfals
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

It was okay. pretty forgettable IMO.