What would you consider a strong launch lineup for the NX?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

So, Nintendo's excuse for pushing the NX's launch to March 2017 is to be able to offer a strong lineup of launch games. So, what are some games that would tempt you to buy an NX on day one? Would just Zelda and a port of Smash Bros be enough? Does it need third party games ready at launch as well?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

A Zelda game, 3D Donkey Kong, Kirby Return to Nightmare in Dreamland with 4 player coop, 3D Mario game, Pikmin 4 and a 2D Metroid would have me sold.

Also Madden, CoD, NBA2K, and Rockstar would be nice.

Avatar image for logicallizard07
logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 logicallizard07
Member since 2015 • 325 Posts

I believe if it launches with Zelda, a new Super Mario game and 1 other first party game that should be more than enough as long as it has 3rd party support.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

New IPs instead of sequels or new games from established franchises.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5 GameboyTroy  Online
Member since 2011 • 9748 Posts

7 good games

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

A Zelda game, 3D Donkey Kong, Kirby Return to Nightmare in Dreamland with 4 player coop, 3D Mario game, Pikmin 4 and a 2D Metroid would have me sold.

Question answered. Nice.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Zelda, Mario, Metriod, and some major 3rd party titles

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

Not concerned about the launch line up, just want the console to be good and work out well. Looking to go back to Nintendo for home consoles now.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@iandizion713 said:

Question answered. Nice.

Only one I'd change is to have a 3d Metroid, but those would make the NX a must buy.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#10 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Any games that aren't remakes would be a great start.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18834 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: "Not concerned about the launch line up"

Yeah but Nintendo really needs a good start right out the gate.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HalcyonScarlet

@PSP107 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: "Not concerned about the launch line up"

Yeah but Nintendo really needs a good start right out the gate.

That's true, I just meant I have bigger concerns with NX that I hope Nintendo addresses.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

First it needs to be strong.

Anyway Luigi's Mansion 3, the ability to get games from the wii u (like smash, bayonetta 2, the wonderful 101, xenoblade chronicles x, mario games, mario kart 8, etc etc) , the zelda game, and a lot of third party support.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSP107

@HalcyonScarlet:

And what concerns are more important than games?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@PSP107 said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

And what concerns are more important than games?

Nintendo has a lot of internal political issues. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the Wii U for example. All it's problems are mostly on them.

They need to establish good relations with third parties, swallow their pride and bend over backwards to make sure they're happy. That's pretty much what Sony and MS try to do. I think they need to start listening more to developers, publishers, consumers and also take gamer trends seriously, like online for example.

But they tend to blame external variables for all their problems.

If Nintendo has a good consoles and sorts themselves out and we know games will come from them and third parties, then as I said their launch line up is less of a concern for me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

GTA V, Zelda, Madden 16, Metroid and new Donkey Kong

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

It would have to be pretty incredible...at this point I don't think i'll even look at NX as a serious purchase option until it's at least completed it's second year.

NX could have a great launch and still continue the same drought BS with minimal 3rd party support Nintendo has done in the past. You won't be able to see any of that until at least a 8mo to a year after launch.

PS4's already got dev support behind it and Sony has exclusives rolling out the pipe like clock work now so I'll be fine waiting for a while with NX to see how nintendo handles their console this time. I'll say a fantastic fighter that isn't the same Smash Bros formula would help aid in the process.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#18 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

New Mario Galaxy!

Captain Toad 2!

New Metroid!

Pikmin 4!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PSP107

@HalcyonScarlet:

All that equals to games.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@casharmy said:

It would have to be pretty incredible...at this point I don't think i'll even look at NX as a serious purchase option until it's at least completed it's second year.

NX could have a great launch and still continue the same drought BS with minimal 3rd party support Nintendo has done in the past. You won't be able to see any of that until at least a 8mo to a year after launch.

PS4's already got dev support behind it and Sony has exclusives rolling out the pipe like clock work now so I'll be fine waiting for a while with NX to see how nintendo handles their console this time. I'll say a fantastic fighter that isn't the same Smash Bros formula would help aid in the process.

Idk, I felt that way about the Wii U after getting the GC and Wii and being disappointed, but now feel like I might have missed out a bit with not getting a Wii U. Maybe it might be worth picking up the NX at the beginning of its gen anyway.

Only as a secondary consoles though so any droughts will be a bit of a non issue.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Holiday 2016

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HalcyonScarlet

@PSP107 said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

All that equals to games.

Yeah but launch line ups are usually a bit unimpressive anyway.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PSP107

@HalcyonScarlet:

A exclusive killer app could work alongside the 3 party games.

High chance that killer would be Zelda which was supposed toto be out for Wii U exclusively now it's cross Gen.

The NX version has to be atleast something more than a resolution increase.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#24 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@sailor232 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@iandizion713 said:

Question answered. Nice.

Only one I'd change is to have a 3d Metroid, but those would make the NX a must buy.

How could I have forgotten? Those and Zelda are Nintendo for me.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HalcyonScarlet

@PSP107 said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

A exclusive killer app could work alongside the 3 party games.

High chance that killer would be Zelda which was supposed toto be out for Wii U exclusively now it's cross Gen.

The NX version has to be atleast something more than a resolution increase.

Oh is it, awesome :-). I thought I'd missed out on that.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Idk, I felt that way about the Wii U after getting the GC and Wii and being disappointed, but now feel like I might have missed out a bit with not getting a Wii U. Maybe it might be worth picking up the NX at the beginning of its gen anyway.

Only as a secondary consoles though so any droughts will be a bit of a non issue.

In a nuttshell, I just don't trust Nintendo to support their console the way I expect a company who releases a console to do anymore.

Trust goes a long way with me when it comes to consoles. Maybe because I'm ol skool but I feel game companies owe US when we buy their systems and pledge support with our dollars.

People say all companies care about is money but there is supposed to be an unspoken agreement that when a gamer chooses to buy a console for any specific company over another, that company should reciprocate by supporting that system as best they can with as much quality content as possible throughout that systems time on the market as long as a generation is maintained.

Maybe that's just me but this is a rule I've always rested upon when I chose consoles. It's why when I was a sega fan I always felt proud to be one because Sega always tried to support the systems with quality content underdog or not. With Nintendos history, I haven't felt comfortable trusting them as a console company since SNES.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44699 Posts

Latest Legend of Zelda, Pikmin 4, and a select list of digital BC titles from Wii U at a bargain price, like New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi U, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Twilight Princess & Wind Waker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Bayonetta 2 + 1. I imagine there's a bunch of people who missed out on having a Wii U that might feel it worth it now to get caught up on what they missed if maybe this next Nintendo console has promise. There's of course the barrier there of the GamePad, maybe. Some later games play fine without it but some don't. Maybe there'll be a way for people to acquire optional GamePads for BC at extra cost for that BC privileged, or maybe Wii U owners can sync their current one on the new system.

Plus, how about a new VC system that like with Wii tried to offer more robust selection of platforms, and try to find way to honor older purchases players had with previous systems. And throw in GameCube and Wii VC as well.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iandizion713

@casharmy: Good thing Nintendo supports their consoles then and dont do like Sony did to Vita, etc.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Zelda, Mario, Those are obvious.

It's not really about the "launch week" lineup, though it is always important to have a system seller early. They need to show a commitment and lineup of games that will come for 12-24 months - and lead people to believe will KEEP coming consistently. As far as multiplats, they need to do better than Wii-U which was mostly late ports of PS3/360 games. They key for me will be if they are getting NEW and upcoming multi-plats, and to show they will be the best versions. Perhaps get a couple of developers that they haven't had before, or not for awhile (Rockstar would be huge)

As far as 1st party, I need to see some early announcements that are not Zelda or Mario. Metroid is what I want, but I want to have a confirmed lineup that lasts 12-24 months. I'm even ok if a couple of them are remasters and/or anthology collections. Just give me a diverse lineup that is not just Mario/Zelda, throw in a new IP or at least an IP that has been dormant.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Has a Nintendo console ever launched with both a new Mario and Zelda game?

I'm wondering if it's wishful thinking to have both at launch.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iandizion713

@SonySoldier-_-: I think in Japan the NES launched with Zelda and Super Mario. But thats closest, Wii launched with a Zelda game, but it was Twilight Princess.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

a 3d mario. the upcoming zelda that uses the actual hardware of the console (not just a 1080p/60fps WiiU port). a proper 3d metroid. a new mature rpg that isn't rated B for babies. That would be a solid launch for any gamer, not just a sheep that would buy anything Nintendo regurgitates them.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Smash with Ice Climbers is enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

A strong launch lineup is simple--games that make people want the console.

TheNDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheNDefender
Member since 2016 • 299 Posts

@aigis: Here's something that can fix that.

Pause for Dramatic affect.

PREORDERS TAKEN DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON!

That would be awesome, and people can preorder the console during that time frame. I'm not counting on it, but it could happen.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

It's already a strong lineup on Zelda alone. Adding in a New Super Mario 3 and having backwards compatibility with Wii-U games would greatly sweeten the deal.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PSP107

@Heirren:

And what type of launch could they have?

If indeed 3rd party games are coming to NX, would people with PS4/XOne/PC by the NX version?

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

New games...not port from Wii U games that has already been release...new 3rd parties games also...not ones already release like a 2 or 3 years ago. eg Mass Effect Trilogy can get stuff...Nintendo NX better be getting Mass Effect: Andromeda. :P

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Various 1st party games, Nintendo has no excuse much like Microsoft and Sony to not be relaying hit after hit 1st party.

They all have many IPs they could be drawing from they all have the talent, there is no excuse why the post 2 years haven't been filled with releases.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Zelda, 3D Mario, and a real Metroid.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Coming from someone not interested in consoles at all, a launch line up(or first 12 months) like the following would reel me in to buying it

New Zelda Game

Eternal Darkness Sequel (out of nowhere, its not rumoured or anything, but if it was announced I'd be hyped for it)

Metroid 3D game

Pokemon Console Game (like the gamecube ones)

New Pilotwings, perhaps go as far as making it into a console flight sim, simplified in comparison to FSX/Xplane

Ace Attourney Game (would love a console version, I hate having to use a DS to play it, perhaps bull timed exclusive bullshit with it, )

At least 1 new 1st Party game that isn't obviously aimed at a younger audience.

Proper 3rd Party Support, so yearly EA sports games, Yearly UBIsoft crap, Bethedsa, From Software, Rockstar games, 3rd party support should be same as Microsoft and Sony.

Notice I didn't include any Mario games, Donkey Kong, Smash Brothers,Pikmin, Kirby games, Gimmicky Party Game(Wii Sports, Wii Fit) etc etc. I have not included them because thats the same old shit, someone who likes all those games probably owns a Wii U and will pre order the NX regardless of launch line up. Gamers like me who arnt interested need something different to get our attention, full 3rd party support and a different direction with 1st party would do that for me.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#42 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@thendefender: Lol its not that big of a deal, March is a fine time to launch

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

New IPs instead of sequels or new games from established franchises.

Wonderful 101 and Splatoon mean nothing then?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Super Mario RPG 2 (Square Enix)

Super Street Fighter 5 Turbo (Capcom)

Super Metroid 2 (Retro)

Super Mario NX (Nintendo)

F-Zero NX (Nintendo)

Pilot Wings NX (Nintendo)

Super Castlevania NX (Konami)

Super Mario Kart NX (Nintendo)

Megaman NX (Capcom)

Earthbound 2 (Nintendo)

Contra 4 (Konami)

Get these games and im done with my ps4. I'll throw my ps4 inside a trash can i'll never look at my ps4 or xb1 again. I'll game only my nintendo i'll prolly throw my pc out the window as well and my mobile phone.

I'll just be a nintendo only gamer again right now nobody's making games for me as a gamer pc is just bunch of indies ps4/xb1 are trash and wiiU was trash I need a NX in my life I need a good gaming platform with games that don't look like trash.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@foxhound_fox: yes those would be ok but it's just two it'd be great if there were more.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@emgesp: new IPs that are bigger and better. On part with Microsoft and Sony IPs. Something massive and open and multiplayer based too that rivals what Ubisoft and Activision and EA have done so far this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This gen has been horrible the ps4 and xb1 are awful the market is ready for a good console with good games.

People are craving a good console you saw what happened when the wii came out that sold 30 million copies of super mario galaxy.

People are craving good games not crap like knack and quantum break. I'd play galaxy over those things everyday.

Get the generation back on track compete with the ps4/xb1 crush them and move on make another good console ya know.

The market very uncompetitive right now none of the systems are good none of em are putting out games its very stale people are ready for the next big hot thing I think gamers might flock to a good system with good games.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

No Nintendo games at all.

No Gimmick Controller.

All 3rd Party AAA Exclusives.

I don't like nintendos games and they rarely make new IP's. When they do make new IP's, they are always stupid cartoony games.

Sorry, but if Nintendo wants to expand their audience, thet need to start making games people actually want like GTA, CoD etc. This means no more cartoony garbage. Make grown up games.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9620 Posts

If they have Super Mario Maker NX, and Zelda that is already strong, but almost for certain they will blow that away... those two are basically already confirmed, and there are several projects still unlisted that will be ready by launch.

I could imagine a Smash game, Splatoon, a new Mario entry, a couple new IP's, the inclusion of a paid online service, and we know they are having some sort of achievement system, added with probably some sort of digital collection subscription service, and a few resurrections as well.

Heck, that's just what I am expecting... anything else is gravy. Maybe I am setting my sights a little too high, but I have a good feeling about this.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Dark Souls Trilogy, with all DLC, in one 50/60 euro box, all running at 1080p/60fps.

Better yet, do a Sony and flat out bribe an exclusive Bloodborne type game out of From, or some other god tier 3rd party.

They want core gamers? Then get core games.