What would be a good theme for the next Zelda game?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

di_sgt_barber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 di_sgt_barber
Member since 2008 • 1082 Posts

like these:

• OoT: time. using two timelines to save the future.
  • MM: masks. transformation, interaction, etc.
  • WW: wind. sailing, gliding, etc.
  • MC: size. shrinking to access small areas, villages; sneak into inaccessible areas.
  • TP: animals. pros of being a wolf, talking to creatures that don't talk to people, using birds for help, wrestling goats.
  • PH: i didn't really play this one but I'm sure it has one. most of them do.'

i'd like to see a new one that explores the possibilites of changing the current weather at any point to solve puzzles, alter the economy, etc. and allow you to progress. you could summon a snow storm to freeze a lake and cross into a temple; bring in summer weather to bring a bear out of hibernation and get his help; make it rain and cause the dry riverbed to fill up, allowing an NPC to use his water-powered mill and make you something you need. it would be full of potential, it just takes a lot of investment from the designers.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

like these:

• MC: size. shrinking to access small areas, villages; sneak into inaccessible areas.
  • TP: animals. pros of being a wolf, talking to creatures that don't talk to people, using birds for help, wrestling goats.

i'd like to see a new one that explores the possibilites of changing the current weather at any point to solve puzzles, alter the economy, etc. and allow you to progress. you could summon a snow storm to freeze a lake and cross into a temple; bring in summer weather to bring a bear out of hibernation and get his help; make it rain and cause the dry riverbed to fill up, allowing an NPC to use his water-powered mill and make you something you need. it would be full of potential, it just takes a lot of investment from the designers.

di_sgt_barber

Wasn't there one Zelda game on GBC that let's you control the seasons?

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

I hope it is a little futuristic, some steam punk stuff, rail roads, etc. That would be anawesome theme for a zelda game. Besides that, I would want a neo punk zelda game though.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Save Hurule from Ganondorf. OR weather changing. Changing the shapes of the land... c
tOtalPWNaAe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tOtalPWNaAe
Member since 2008 • 3375 Posts
whats MC:??
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

whats MC:??tOtalPWNaAe

Minish Cap for Gameboy Advance

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="di_sgt_barber"]

like these:

glez13

Wasn't there one Zelda game on GBC that let's you control the seasons?

Yes, Oracle of Seasons. And it had a companion game a la Pokemon, Oracle of Ages, that let you control time. Though obviously not everywhere.:P

As for me, I have no clue what theme I'd like to see in the next Zelda.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 789shadow

I hope it is a little futuristic, some steam punk stuff, rail roads, etc. That would be anawesome theme for a zelda game. Besides that, I would want a neo punk zelda game though.

nhh18

Oh please no. That would completely ruin the game.

rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 rey06
Member since 2006 • 2699 Posts

Save Hurule from Ganondorf. OR weather changing. Changing the shapes of the land... charis12121212

and add some holidays, like animal crossing :P

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 789shadow

[QUOTE="haris12121212"]Save Hurule from Ganondorf. OR weather changing. Changing the shapes of the land... crey06

and add some holidays, like animal crossing :P

The Festival of Love. You can obtain free Heart Pieces there.:P If only....

_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts

I would love to see a game based around the death of Link so that Nintendo would have to come up with a new franchise instead of giving us the exact same **** over and over.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#12 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Just make Majora's Mask 2. That's all I ask.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Just make 3D remakes of Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#15 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

In space possibly.

rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rey06

In space possibly.

chocolate1325

(i am lost for words..)

kholdstare61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 kholdstare61
Member since 2006 • 944 Posts

How about they expand what Majora's Mask started. More masks, transformation, interaction, emotion, exploration, darker/creepier tone, etc.

They should just combine Zelda + Elder Scrolls/Fallout 3 + Ico/Shadow of the Colossus to create one kickass game.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

I would like to see a very dark themed Zelda game where Ganondorf obtains immortality and you (Link, I assume)are intrusted with appealing to the Gods and sinking Hyrule under the sea (and thus the story/legend leading up to Wind Waker).

Gameplay wise, some kind of terrain or weather manipulation would be cool.

jdsteffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 jdsteffen
Member since 2003 • 184 Posts

A link to the Future. Link in his current form (a la twilight princess age) sent to the future to a worn torn hyrule to free each race (zora's, goron's, etc.) from slavery with his ancient tools and magic. Free a race and they add to your cause, give you a tool and to the fight for freedom against evil.

Remove some of the dungon crawling ascpect and add a little more hack n slash to shake the formula up a little. From each race you could receive a new weapon to use in the next level.

SynisterGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SynisterGamer
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

I either want a darker themed one. For the older fans.

Or a cool High-Sci-Fi universe.

Mario went to space, it's only time for Link to go to space.

evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2076 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waggler.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
I think a cross over Zelda/ F-Zero game would be pretty sweet :P
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cherokee_Jack
I either want a darker themed one. For the older fans.SynisterGamer
Because the older fans can't appreciate anything that's not "dark"?
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

good theme for the next zelda would have to be.....south central Los Angeles, circa 1993

I personally wouldnt mind another Wind Waker style Zelda game....I thought Wind Waker was much better than Twilight Princess and had alot more charm.

TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

Legend of Zelda: Drug Runner

Link becomes a hard pipe hitting drug dealer around the land of Hyrule. His quest is move into the crumbling land of Hyrule and take advantage of the drug riddled villagers that use their hard earned cash to get their next fix.

SynisterGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SynisterGamer

[QUOTE="SynisterGamer"]I either want a darker themed one. For the older fans.Cherokee_Jack

Thanks for spinning my words, I just want a new direction.

It's all been very light and happy, though Twilight Princess was a tad darker then the other games, so maybe it's a sign where Nintendo is going with it.

Though then again, they'll probably just make it a happy-go-lucky game for the casuals. I'll play Mario and Animal Crossing if I want that. I was hoping Wii Motion-Plus would give us better sword controls.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 beast667
[QUOTE="TheCraving"]

Link becomes a hard pipe hitting drug dealer around the land of Hyrule. His quest is move into the crumbling land of Hyrule and take advantage of the drug riddled villagers that use their hard earned cash to get their next fix.

Sweet, and the bosses of dungeons would be various drug-lords that Link has to kill to expand his territory. Someone call up Nintendo!
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

Twilight Princess taught me one thing....a more realistic looking zelda game just doesnt have the magic and charm of the toony ones. Twilight Princess was alot more forgettable for me than Wind Waker, OoT, MM

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Gimme some Wind Waker 2. Now that Cel Shaded has advanced a lot since the first WW's days (thanks to Okami and PoP), Nintendo could so something out of this word.
SynisterGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SynisterGamer

Twilight Princess taught me one thing....a more realistic looking zelda game just doesnt have the magic and charm of the toony ones. Twilight Princess was alot more forgettable for me than Wind Waker, OoT, MM

Uptown

Really? I suppose your right, I did love the cartoon style of Wind Waker, but idk. I still liked Twilight Princess.

TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

[QUOTE="TheCraving"]

beast667

Sweet, and the bosses of dungeons would be various drug-lords that Link has to kill to expand his territory. Someone call up Nintendo!

My god...we're gonna be rich...

SynisterGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SynisterGamer

Gimme some Wind Waker 2. Now that Cel Shaded has advanced a lot since the first WW's days (thanks to Okami and PoP), Nintendo could so something out of this word.IronBass

That would be pretty cool, but I'm kinda tierd of Wind Waker after PH.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 beast667
Gimme some Wind Waker 2. Now that Cel Shaded has advanced a lot since the first WW's days (thanks to Okami and PoP), Nintendo could so something out of this word.IronBass
As long as they toss the triforce searching and add more dungeons, that would be awesome :D
rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rey06

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Gimme some Wind Waker 2. Now that Cel Shaded has advanced a lot since the first WW's days (thanks to Okami and PoP), Nintendo could so something out of this word.beast667
As long as they toss the triforce searching and add more dungeons, that would be awesome :D

oo make it more like the zack and wicki type

SynisterGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SynisterGamer

[QUOTE="beast667"][QUOTE="TheCraving"]

TheCraving

My god...we're gonna be rich...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Gimme some Wind Waker 2. Now that Cel Shaded has advanced a lot since the first WW's days (thanks to Okami and PoP), Nintendo could so something out of this word.beast667

Do you know what's funny/not-so-funny-really? I read this on the post-mortem interview with Miyamoto and Aojuma on EGM: WW had originally two dungeons more (Water and Fire temples), with the logical pre-dungeon-quests. They were taken from the game because they ot the impression the game was too long >_> But they learned their lesson with TP.
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 beast667
[QUOTE="beast667"][QUOTE="IronBass"]Gimme some Wind Waker 2. Now that Cel Shaded has advanced a lot since the first WW's days (thanks to Okami and PoP), Nintendo could so something out of this word.IronBass

Do you know what's funny/not-so-funny-really? I read this on the post-mortem interview with Miyamoto and Aojuma on EGM: WW had originally two dungeons more (Water and Fire temples), with the logical pre-dungeon-quests. They were taken from the game because they ot the impression the game was too long >_> But they learned their lesson with TP.

Wow, that kind of sucks. What I really want in the next Zelda game is difficulty levels. Master Quests dungeons were much more challenging than the usual, and I want more of that in future Zelda games.
di_sgt_barber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 di_sgt_barber

[QUOTE="SynisterGamer"]I either want a darker themed one. For the older fans.Cherokee_Jack

not exactly, but it hurts a game's potential to avoid dark things. part of what makes Majora's Mask so intriguing is that it doesn't avoid blending the lighter feelings with the darker ones. it gives it so much more to explore. wind waker is a great game but at times i felt like it cutting it's quality down by reducing its palet to themes and content that wasn't so heavy-handed. it's easier for an older, more mature gamer to recognize this.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Gimme some Wind Waker 2.IronBass
I like this. A lot of these ideas I'm seeing though are horrible. Reading threads like these makes me glad Nintendo does their own thing.
di_sgt_barber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 di_sgt_barber
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Gimme some Wind Waker 2.AlexSays
I like this. A lot of these ideas I'm seeing though are horrible. Reading threads like these makes me glad Nintendo does their own thing.

i like it too, but Phantom Hourglass is pretty much the closest think we'll ever get, methinks.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cherokee_Jack

Thanks for spinning my words.SynisterGamer

I suggest you acquaint yourself with this concept.

Anyway, "light and happy" isn't the first phrase that springs to mind when thinking about the Shadow Temple in OoT or the moon impact apocalypse in MM. Windwaker is the only flagship game in the series that isn't an even mix of light and dark elements.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Gimme some Wind Waker 2.AlexSays

SO true. I remember having reading once that Nintendo should make a Zelda more GTAish style. I mean... really?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="IronBass"]Gimme some Wind Waker 2.IronBass

SO true. I remember having reading once that Nintendo should make a Zelda more GTAish style. I mean... really?

I've heard calls for a Zelda MMO quite a bit.

These people just don't know what they want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-63f6895020e66
These people just don't know what they want.Cherokee_Jack
Such cases makes me happy to know that Nintendo knows better than me what's good to me. [spoiler] lol :P [/spoiler]
Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts

You know what would be cool? If they took the main villain from every Zelda game and put them into one game, just think of all of them...oh wait.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I think it should be first person and then link also needs a gun. Then pump him full of sreroids and shave his head. Oops never mind I just discribed 3/4 or the games on the market.

n00bproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 n00bproof
Member since 2009 • 674 Posts

I wonder what a game would be like with a vast, vast desert as its setting.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

I would like to see a very dark themed Zelda game where Ganondorf obtains immortality and you (Link, I assume)are intrusted with appealing to the Gods and sinking Hyrule under the sea (and thus the story/legend leading up to Wind Waker).

Gameplay wise, some kind of terrain or weather manipulation would be cool.

_BlueDuck_

A dark themed Zelda would be sweet, with blood, death and glory. But what's their largest fanbase consist of? And, it'll never happen. lol

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

I think it should be first person and then link also needs a gun. Then pump him full of sreroids and shave his head. Oops never mind I just discribed 3/4 or the games on the market.

jdc6305
You don't know about many games if you think that's 3/4th of the games on the market.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cherokee_Jack
But what's their largest fanbase consist of?DragonfireXZ95
Kids? Yeah, kids hate violence.