What system are u getting skyrim on?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="LovePotionNo9"]

I'll wait for the bundled GOTY edition (hopefully won't take long). I'll get it on Steam and then PS3 for a physical copy.

nismo8000

yeah, that will definitely not be out before summer of next year. it's not worth waiting for 9 months to save $15

He must not want the game right now, so he can wait.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#53 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

PC [QUOTE="Arach666"]PC obviously,mods will have to fix it just like with Oblivion.SaltyMeatballs
And how long will these mods take? I will probably complete the game the time good mods come.

Some will come out pretty soon but the really good ones(overhauls) may take a few months,wich is why I may not buy Skyrim this year,but that remains to be seen I guess.

Besides,some mods are always a great reason to get back to the game,since they change lots of stuff and add new contend. Look at the OOO for Oblivion,good stuff and actually made the game great.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
PC obviously,mods will have to fix it just like with Oblivion.Arach666
Same here. CAn't wait for it :D
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

PC ofc

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
My laptop can max it out + the modding community....why get it on console?
crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

I buy all multiplats on 360.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

PC, I'm sure it'll have some problems that I'll want mods to fix:

I wouldn't enjoy Oblivion nearly as much without realistic leveling.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

PS3

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Xbox 360 :)
nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nismo8000
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts

[QUOTE="nismo8000"]

[QUOTE="LovePotionNo9"]

I'll wait for the bundled GOTY edition (hopefully won't take long). I'll get it on Steam and then PS3 for a physical copy.

SaltyMeatballs

yeah, that will definitely not be out before summer of next year. it's not worth waiting for 9 months to save $15

He must not want the game right now, so he can wait.

his post makes it seem like he's waiting for the express purpose of getting the GOTY edition, which is stupid considering the piddling savings. not to mention he says "hopefully won't take long", meaning that he DOES want it sooner than later. so you really don't know what you're talking about.

actually his whole post makes no sense. he going to wait 9 months to try to saves a few bones and then he says he's buying it for two systems. then he says he doesn't mind waiting and THEN he says the hopes it'll come out soon.

my mind is full of #$%^ right now from his logic.

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

PC.... With infinite free DLC (they call it "mods").

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

PC. Mod community will have me returning to the game for years.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
PC
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
gettin it on my sexbox because thats what i play every multiplat on
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
pc, obviously the best choice for it.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
PC for better performance and textures. Mods are a plus but unlike everyone else apparently, i dont need mods to fix a game like this.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
PC. Any other system and you're doing it wrong.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#70 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

Free60.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PC. Any other system and you're doing it wrong.gamebreakerz__
Not true at all.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 godzillavskong
PC. Any other system and you're doing it wrong.gamebreakerz__
No No. You get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for that one! Nothing wrong with getting it for consoles, as we all know, some actually prefer consoles over PCs. Isn't that a shocker!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#73 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

For now it's none, but if I do get it it'll always be PC.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]PC. Any other system and you're doing it wrong.godzillavskong
No No. You get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for that one! Nothing wrong with getting it for consoles, as we all know, some actually prefer consoles over PCs. Isn't that a shocker!

There is no way that anybody, assuming they had a decent gaming PC, would play Skyrim on console. I can understand shooters and a lot of other genres, but when you get Elder Scrolls, the UI is abysmal on console, there are no mods and ES has probably the largest mod community out, the graphics are bad, the game is buggy as hell since there are no unofficial patches...... If a consumer is fully informed and has a decent gaming PC, I cannot find a single logical reason why they would choose console over PC for Skyrim.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mitu123

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]PC. Any other system and you're doing it wrong.Bigboi500

Not true at all.

If you want it fixed quickly and last longer then gamebreakerz is right.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]PC. Any other system and you're doing it wrong.mitu123

Not true at all.

That blanket statement is absolutely wrong. Lots of people enjoy Elder Scrolls games perfectly fine on consoles. It's ridiculous to say that getting it on consoles is "doing it wrong" because not everybody wants to play games on a PC, and those people sure as hell aren't gonna spend $100s of dolllars on a gaming PC to play one game, so it makes absolutely no sense to say that, other than to troll console gamers.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]PC. Any other system and you're doing it wrong.gamebreakerz__

There is no way that anybody, assuming they had a decent gaming PC, would play Skyrim on console. I can understand shooters and a lot of other genres, but when you get Elder Scrolls, the UI is abysmal on console, there are no mods and ES has probably the largest mod community out, the graphics are bad, the game is buggy as hell since there are no unofficial patches...... If a consumer is fully informed and has a decent gaming PC, I cannot find a single logical reason why they would choose console over PC for Skyrim.

I don't have a gaming PC.Its not that I can't afford one, I just choose not to, well at this time anyways. You say the graphics are bad on consoles? From all the videos I've seen of the 360 build they look great! Maybe your spoiled and are used to these high end, out of this world visuals, but I'm quite content on how the game looks on consoles, and I will be doing it right by playing on my 360 when it releases.
idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts
360. dont want 500 MB updates on PS3 as someone said before.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 godzillavskong

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Not true at all.

Bigboi500

That blanket statement is absolutely wrong. Lots of people enjoy Elder Scrolls games perfectly fine on consoles. It's ridiculous to say that getting it on consoles is "doing it wrong" because not everybody wants to play games on a PC, and those people sure as hell aren't gonna spend $100s of dolllars on a gaming PC to play one game, so it makes absolutely no sense to say that, other than to troll console gamers.

Exactly. I would've just double stamped your statement if I had read it before I posted mine. Well put. Most console gamers don't want to hear that noise and that is what gives PC gamers a bad rep. I'm sure most of them aren't like that, but it's the ones who try to convince people who game on a console that their gaming platform of choice is inferior. If I drive a 06 Honda Accord, should the guy that pulls up beside me with the 2011 Cadillac tell me that I'm wasting my time driving that crap, and I should take it straight to the junkyard? Whew!
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="godzillavskong"] No No. You get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for that one! Nothing wrong with getting it for consoles, as we all know, some actually prefer consoles over PCs. Isn't that a shocker! godzillavskong

I don't have a gaming PC.Its not that I can't afford one, I just choose not to, well at this time anyways. You say the graphics are bad on consoles? From all the videos I've seen of the 360 build they look great! Maybe your spoiled and are used to these high end, out of this world visuals, but I'm quite content on how the game looks on consoles, and I will be doing it right by playing on my 360 when it releases.

Well said. I too can afford a gaming PC but I don't want one. The game will look great on 360 and PS3.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Not true at all.

Bigboi500

All my points are true though, that's fine if console owners enjoy their versions, but if Oblivion is to go by, expect what I said to happen.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] If you want it fixed quickly and last longer then gamebreakerz is right.

godzillavskong

Exactly. I would've just double stamped your statement if I had read it before I posted mine. Well put. Most console gamers don't want to hear that noise and that is what gives PC gamers a bad rep. I'm sure most of them aren't like that, but it's the ones who try to convince people who game on a console that their gaming platform of choice is inferior. If I drive a 06 Honda Accord, should the guy that pulls up beside me with the 2011 Cadillac tell me that I'm wasting my time driving that crap, and I should take it straight to the junkyard? Whew!

Console game is sub HD..... Skyrim+mods will look amazing. You actually have to see it to realize how much better PC gaming is in terms of the experience, and once again, the UI on the consoles for Elder Scrolls is abysmal. My gaming PC is pretty bad, especially compared to some of the ones people on these forums have, and the difference is still immense. I never said people should buy a gaming PC for Skyrim, I'm saying that if they had a good gaming rig and a console, there is no reason to buy it on console. You still haven't given me one good reason why console is better, other than 'it's fine on console', which it is, but it's miles better on PC. Heck, I played Oblivion on PS3 before I got my PC. I was skeptical of this so called PC advantage. I ate my words 10x over.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

PC master race.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#84 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I'm not sure. I'm trying to decide between:

• Getting trivial PS3 or Xbox achievements whilst playing through

or....

• Playing a much better looking version
  • Having fan made weapons and armor
  • Having UI mods
  • Having graphical mods
  • Having more variety of control, including KB/M
  • Having a steadier framerate
  • Having better sound
  • Paying less for it
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] If you want it fixed quickly and last longer then gamebreakerz is right.

godzillavskong

Good analogy. As console gamers we're well aware that the PC version of these Western games are superior, and that user mods add more content, I don't think anyone would deny that, but to claim that we are "doing it wrong" and other similar snooty comments are just looking for a fight because anyone with sense knows it's unfounded. It's not like the heart of these games live and die on mods, and games like these are filled with content anyways.

Bethesda wouldn't bother making console versions if they thought they were total crap. They're not. I've enjoyed Oblivion and Morrowind, Fallout 3 and New Vegas perfectly fine on consoles so I don't see why Skyrim would be any different.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#87 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Probably for the PS3 if it is better on the PS3 like the Oblivion.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#88 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Either PC or PS3, but most likely PC. The modding community for Bethesda games is pretty amazing, and it doesn't have any sort of splitscreen or exclusive content or multiplayer I'd want it on consoles for. On PS3 I'd want it for the trophies since I have a pretty sweet level, but the realization of how those accomplishments aren't real or productive kind of humble me and make me want to stop caring.

Honestly though, Achievements and trophies are pretty addicting.

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

PS3. the best console this gen.

kai_311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kai_311
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts

PC

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
360. I wanted it on PC due to mods but opted out because I enjoy gaming on my bed with a controller more than with a keyboard and mouse.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Probably for the PS3 if it is better on the PS3 like the Oblivion.AtariKidX

Will probably look better on 360 like Fallout Vegas though, since that was their latest game and uses its engine

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#93 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
PC version obviously. Have you seen the Xbox 360 version leak? Damn it's fugly. Game is going to be awesome though.
Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts
PC all the way. Dem character model mods :P
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
No gaming PC, so I'd want the 360 version, but my 360's not hooked up to the internet... so no patches, so I'll probably get it on PS3 because we all know each version will need a patch or 3... If the PS3 version is gimped badly like FO3, I'll just skip it or get it cheap. I really want the 360 version to be playable completely out of the box but that probably won't happen.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

PC, I want to future proof my purchase with user made mods, plus it will have the best graphics and I like having control of customization options (hope there are some though).

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]PC obviously, mods will have to fix it just like with Oblivion.trollop_scat

Yup, and I can play it at 25x16 resolution on my 30" Dell monitor while console kiddies are stuck at 720p and no mods. Damn it feels good to be a Hermit...

I kinda take offense since I'm a consolite and not a "kiddie". And oh, 720p is so horrible... go play a PS2...sheesh
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 gamebreakerz__

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]Probably for the PS3 if it is better on the PS3 like the Oblivion.loosingENDS

Will probably look better on 360 like Fallout Vegas though, since that was their latest game and uses its engine

I'm fairly sure Skyrim is on a whole new engine and New Vegas used the same engine as Fallout 3 and Oblivion....
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]Probably for the PS3 if it is better on the PS3 like the Oblivion.gamebreakerz__

I'm fairly sure Skyrim is on a whole new engine and New Vegas used the same engine as Fallout 3 and Oblivion....

Does not seem like a new engine TBH, i think it was confirmed as an updated Vegas engine

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 gamebreakerz__

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Does not seem like a new engine TBH, i think it was confirmed as an updated Vegas engine

Nope, 100% new. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim