What price point would motivate you to buy an XBone?

Posted by inb4uall (6310 posts) 9 months, 2 days ago

Poll: What price point would motivate you to buy an XBone? (79 votes)

$350 11%
$300 8%
$250 10%
$200 15%
$150 4%
$100 5%
$100 and some bundled games? 47%

It's obvious that the XBone has hit a bit of a rough patch. Sales are abysmal and Microsofts last quarter was one of the worst in recent memory for a home console. How far would microsoft have to bend over backward to get you to buy the ONE console no one wants?

#52 Posted by pelvist (5199 posts) -

Honestly, you would have to pay me to have one. If I was given either a PS4 or a ONE for free I would not hesitate to sell them and put the money aside for future PC upgrades.

#53 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3219 posts) -

-$499,meaning you have to pay me $500 to even accept it

#54 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

<£100 if it had at least 2 good exclusives that could be picked up, maybe £150 if it had a couple of those exclusives bundled because I sure as hell wont be using it to play multiplats.

#55 Posted by HadOne2Many (1469 posts) -

Sonyspot confirmed.

#57 Edited by HadOne2Many (1469 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@HadOne2Many said:

Sonyspot confirmed.

What's teh matta??

TLHBO?

Not a Lemming (a Manticore) but I was hoping for some actual discussion. Instead I find this thread. Don't mind me though, carry on.

#59 Posted by AdrianWerner (28191 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Wii U. It's pretty cool, it's got the most and best exclusives right now, and would serve as the best complement to your PC. You should check it out, I have a feeling you would like it. Especially since you already have a top of the line PC, so what do you need a console masquerading as one for, am I right ;)

I thought you meant next-gen? What's Wii U doing there then? ;)

And on more serious note, Wii U is gathering some nice games. But it will take it at least 2-3 more years before it gets enough of them to make it a worthy purchase for me.

#60 Posted by charizard1605 (60802 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@charizard1605 said:

Wii U. It's pretty cool, it's got the most and best exclusives right now, and would serve as the best complement to your PC. You should check it out, I have a feeling you would like it. Especially since you already have a top of the line PC, so what do you need a console masquerading as one for, am I right ;)

I thought you meant next-gen? What's Wii U doing there then? ;)

And on more serious note, Wii U is gathering some nice games. But it will take it at least 2-3 more years before it gets enough of them to make it a worthy purchase for me.

That's fair. It's always best to buy consoles near the end of their lifespans anyway- a massive library of games available for cheap, as is the hardware. And believe me, if I had any self control, I would be practising what I preach lol.

#61 Edited by AdrianWerner (28191 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@AdrianWerner said:

@charizard1605 said:

Wii U. It's pretty cool, it's got the most and best exclusives right now, and would serve as the best complement to your PC. You should check it out, I have a feeling you would like it. Especially since you already have a top of the line PC, so what do you need a console masquerading as one for, am I right ;)

I thought you meant next-gen? What's Wii U doing there then? ;)

And on more serious note, Wii U is gathering some nice games. But it will take it at least 2-3 more years before it gets enough of them to make it a worthy purchase for me.

That's fair. It's always best to buy consoles near the end of their lifespans anyway- a massive library of games available for cheap, as is the hardware. And believe me, if I had any self control, I would be practising what I preach lol.

Personally I buy a console when it has enough games I want that their combined prices at least matches the price of a console. This system has served me well :)

With current prices Wii U would beed 8 games like those (by polish prices) and it has merely two so far.

#62 Posted by parkurtommo (27647 posts) -

You'd have to pay me 9$.

#63 Posted by charizard1605 (60802 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@charizard1605 said:

@AdrianWerner said:

@charizard1605 said:

Wii U. It's pretty cool, it's got the most and best exclusives right now, and would serve as the best complement to your PC. You should check it out, I have a feeling you would like it. Especially since you already have a top of the line PC, so what do you need a console masquerading as one for, am I right ;)

I thought you meant next-gen? What's Wii U doing there then? ;)

And on more serious note, Wii U is gathering some nice games. But it will take it at least 2-3 more years before it gets enough of them to make it a worthy purchase for me.

That's fair. It's always best to buy consoles near the end of their lifespans anyway- a massive library of games available for cheap, as is the hardware. And believe me, if I had any self control, I would be practising what I preach lol.

Personally I buy a console when it has enough games I want that their combined prices at least matches the price of a console. This system has served me well :)

With current prices Wii U would beed 8 games like those (by polish prices) and it has merely two so far.

Ah yes, from what I gather, Nintendo products are almost unfairly expensive in European territories, so it's probably a good idea to wait until they drop in price anyway. Especially since, as Nintendo's products aren't as online centric (for good or for bad), you won't be missing any crucial part of the experience due to closed down servers or missing DLC or anything when you do end up picking them up even years later.

(I personally have that same system too- the value of the games I want must exceed the value of the system itself. However, of late, I have been getting some fairly good deals on my hardware, so I've kind of started purchasing consoles and handhelds indiscriminately lol)

#64 Edited by bforrester420 (1984 posts) -

Honestly, it would have to be dirt cheap. Between real life (work, family, social life, responsibilities, other hobbies, etc) and PC gaming, I only have time for one console each generation and that'll be PS4 if and when I get a current gen console.

#66 Edited by starwolf474 (965 posts) -

I paid $500 for it. I probably should have waited a bit for a price drop, but I like buying the new consoles early so I can be a part of everything from the beginning and watch how they evolve over time. It gets more use than my PS4 which has been collecting dust until The Last of Us Remastered gets released and then will go back to collecting dust until 2015.

#67 Edited by Litchie (16627 posts) -

As a PC owner, it would be a complete waste to get an Xbone. If I got one for free, I'd sell it.

#68 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

No intent of buying one,no matter the price

#69 Posted by pyro1245 (1073 posts) -

None. Most of the games will come out on PC, and will perform better. Then there are the console exclusives I will probably end up getting a PS4 to play: MGSV, FFXV, some JRPGs probably. Then there are the Xbone exclusives which are so few in number that I just don't care enough.... However a new Banjo Kazooie game in the same vein as the original could persuade me to buy one.....

#70 Edited by lostrib (41945 posts) -

At this point there really isn't one because I don't see much of interest on it

#71 Edited by AzatiS (7972 posts) -

Its not only the price that makes Xbox unappealing to me personally.

Even if Xbox was at 200$ would have been third choice. Some of the main reasons ( my taste )

1) Wii U is cheap and offers apparel first party titles ( nothing more than that but still )

2) Xbox WILL have the worst versions of major multiplatforms games 95% of the time on same price tag as PS4 when PC >> PS4 >>>>>>>X1. And thats a really big turn off

3) Xbox exclusives lacking variety. Are almost only action oriented mostly Shooters. Thats some shitty variety if you asking me that cant compete with Sonys and if we consider that multis will play worse than anything else out there... oh well ....

4) Microsoft , like Nintendo , has a trend to let their console go into life support mode too early ( well not as early as Nintendo with Wii , that was pathetic ) but you get what i mean... I want games and exclusives not only in 14-15-16-17 , i want games for my favorite console even when next-gen arrives. So its not only what is going now . Sony on the other hand fully support their consoles even in next-generation with major exclusives. Thats a big difference there for me.

My opinion that is

#72 Posted by Flubbbs (3507 posts) -

i dont really see a reason to buy one at all right now.. the only game that would excite me is Alan Wake 2 and it will most likely come to PC too

#73 Posted by vitonemesis (3160 posts) -

I won't support MS. Even if I get one free I will simply sell it.

#74 Edited by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

$250 or cheaper. Who in their right mind would pay $500 for it. xD

#75 Edited by clr84651 (5544 posts) -

Poll needed a "Not interested, never will buy it".

#76 Posted by coasterguy65 (6230 posts) -

I don't really care about the price as much as I care about interesting exclusives. All things considered I usually play multi-plats on the first system I buy in a generation. This generation that is the PS4. So if MS wants me to buy an XBone they need to step up their game on exclusives that interest me.

#77 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16001 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

Personally I'll probably pick one up when they come free as prizes in cereal.

#78 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7817 posts) -

I would get one for $400 if Microsoft would drop XBLG. As it is, I'm probably just going to wait until next gen when the price point gets to $100, just like I am doing with the 360. This is assuming it has a library worth spending $100 on by the end of the gen, of course.

#79 Posted by PapaTrop (1710 posts) -

I'd have to get an Xbox One, or a PS4 for free at this point, and even then I'd still hesitate to game on either.

Way too expensive to game on consoles nowadays. I'd rather put the money elslewhere.

#80 Edited by Pray_to_me (3053 posts) -

I honestly wouldn't take it for free. It's too big and fugly and would just take up space. Couldn't give two shits about any of the Xbone exclusives currently released or announced and multiplats are inferior so all it would do is collect dust and look shitty.

#81 Posted by thehig1 (3159 posts) -

I wouldn't spend any money on it, however the same goes for the ps4.

#82 Posted by Seabas989 (10893 posts) -

$150-$200.

I didn't buy a 360 and the Xbone is less appealing.

#83 Posted by Heil68 (46722 posts) -

$199, but I was compulsive and bought it at $500

#85 Edited by Heil68 (46722 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

$199, but I was compulsive and bought it at $500

I... I'm sorry to hear that..

It's just money and I would of bought one in October to play Sunset Overdrive.

#86 Posted by Shewgenja (10686 posts) -

I'm not motivated by price. Should have been a choice in there to say "None of the above." or something.

#88 Posted by Senor_Kami (8439 posts) -

$300 is soft spot.

#89 Posted by Heil68 (46722 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

$199, but I was compulsive and bought it at $500

I... I'm sorry to hear that..

It's just money and I would of bought one in October to play Sunset Overdrive.

Yeah.. It's just money.. Not everyone can afford to dish 500 out for a games console. Especially when it gets a significant price drop after just a few months :/

But yeah. I'll be getting the ONE in 2015 with Halo MCC, Halo 5, and whatever good games there are really. Halo is all I really care about on Xbox lol.

I could of saved $100, not that big of deal. I dont see it going lower than $400 for quite some time.

#90 Edited by mems_1224 (48337 posts) -

599 US dollars.

#93 Posted by mems_1224 (48337 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

599 US dollars.

Back in 2006 the PS3 was serious hardware tho. With a Blu-Ray. With all sorts of shit. The XB1 is a weak pos with a camera for $500. Big difference.

And it wasn't dropped in price just a few months after launch.

Not sure what the PS3 has to do with anything I said. Try again loser.

#94 Posted by Lionheart08 (15582 posts) -

There's no price point. PS4 and XB1 share far too many games in common.

#95 Posted by Heil68 (46722 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heil68 said:

$199, but I was compulsive and bought it at $500

I... I'm sorry to hear that..

It's just money and I would of bought one in October to play Sunset Overdrive.

Yeah.. It's just money.. Not everyone can afford to dish 500 out for a games console. Especially when it gets a significant price drop after just a few months :/

But yeah. I'll be getting the ONE in 2015 with Halo MCC, Halo 5, and whatever good games there are really. Halo is all I really care about on Xbox lol.

I could of saved $100, not that big of deal. I dont see it going lower than $400 for quite some time.

Good for you then.

sure. Now i can play the Halo collection and Sunset Overdrive.

#97 Edited by mems_1224 (48337 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

599 US dollars.

Back in 2006 the PS3 was serious hardware tho. With a Blu-Ray. With all sorts of shit. The XB1 is a weak pos with a camera for $500. Big difference.

And it wasn't dropped in price just a few months after launch.

Not sure what the PS3 has to do with anything I said. Try again loser.

Why yu heff 2 b mad? God you're such a cunt.

Sounds like you're the one thats upset.

#98 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18436 posts) -

$400 is fine. Just give me the games.

#99 Edited by kinectthedots (2659 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

I bought mine for $500

#100 Edited by TuuPumpChump (99 posts) -

Already got one. Paid 499 for titanfall bundle. Maybe if ps4 is like 150 with some exclusive games if pick one up. I'll stick with my "INFERIOR" lol multiplats on XONE