What looks better, Killzone 2, MGS4, Kameo, Fable 2 or Lost Odyssey ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

The moment of truth is here, pick your best, i will only post IN GAME 720p pics

MGS4

Lost Odyssey

Killzone 2

Fable 2

Kameo

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Your not fooling anybody who has actually played MGS4 on their own TV. So just keep posting those really horrible captures. People who have played it know how good it looks and people who haven't really can't say which game looks the best out of them because they haven't played them all.

Basically we have to somehow take your word for it that those pictures you post are exactly 100% what each one of those games looks like every minute you play the game.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 obamanian

Your not fooling anybody who has actually played MGS4 on their own TV. So just keep posting those really horrible captures. People who have played it know how good it looks and people who haven't really can't say which game looks the best out of them because they haven't played them all.

Basically we have to somehow take your word for it that those pictures you post are exactly 100% what each one of those games looks like every minute you play the game.

Wasdie
Everyone knows that MGS4 is in sub 720p resolution, sorry this pic is the real deal, i have played it too, and does look that bland 100%
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
Killzone 2>MGS4>>>>Fable 2>>>>>>>>>>Lost Odyssey>>>Kameo
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Killzone 2 looks much better than anything else you posted.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

obamanian
Everyone knows that MGS4 is in sub 720p resolution, sorry this pic is the real deal, i have played it too, and does look that bland 100%

Yet again you fail to convince me as I have played it right on my own 720p HDTV and it looked far more detailed than some crappy JPEG you just randomly grabbed off of the internet as an attempt to make MGS4 look bad. Also whats so bad about that upscaled 720p resolution. Last time I checked plenty of 360 titles do that.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 obamanian
Killzone 2 looks much better than anything else you posted.Cherokee_Jack
I do not see it at all It has worst lighting, textures, detail than any of the other titles, even worst than the rather empty looking MGS4 The charatcer model in Lost Odyssey make the ones in KZ2 look terrible too
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 obamanian
[QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

Yet again you fail to convince me as I have played it right on my own 720p HDTV and it looked far more detailed than some crappy JPEG you just randomly grabbed off of the internet as an attempt to make MGS4 look bad. Also whats so bad about that upscaled 720p resolution. Last time I checked plenty of 360 titles do that.

All those games will look far better on a HDTV, but what looks best here will look best on that TV too

If you think MGS4 looks better on your TV, then you have to see how Fable 2, Lost Odyssey and Kameo look !!!

MGS4 does look better on a HDTV, but the environment is still as bland and empty, i have played the game you know, it is not like your TV adds detail, better textures/shaders and mor trees around or something

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wasdie  Moderator
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Killzone 2 looks much better than anything else you posted.obamanian
I do not see it at all It has worst lighting, textures, detail than any of the other titles, even worst than the rather empty looking MGS4 The charatcer model in Lost Odyssey make the ones in KZ2 look terrible too

Are you sure we are looking at the same game? Last time I checked even Xbox sites were praising Killzone 2 for its visuals.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 obamanian

[QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Killzone 2 looks much better than anything else you posted.Wasdie

Are you sure we are looking at the same game? Last time I checked even Xbox sites were praising Killzone 2 for its visuals.

As they were praising MGS4 for its visuals, they praise every hyped game visuals, i will stick to my own two eyes to decide what really looks best

For me clealry Fable 2 takes the crown in environments by miles, with Kameo 2ond, Kameo in textures/shaders/water and Lost Odyssey in character models and has some amazing lighting/texture/shaders too

Fable 2 and Killzone 2 take the crown in lighting, only Fable 2 apples that lighting to a stunningly huge and detailed environment, and not in barren small stages like KZ2

Killzone 2 destroys anything in animation, physics and post effects though

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#11 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Killzone 2 looks much better than anything else you posted.obamanian

Not enough 120,000 leaf trees for you, I suppose.
Lewisite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lewisite
Member since 2008 • 511 Posts

[QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Killzone 2 looks much better than anything else you posted.Wasdie

Just FYI, he has been banned four times on Team Xbox for this foolishness. Do not expect to get anywhere in an argument with him. He post that same MGS4 EVERY time.:lol:

and yes, this 360 Magazine had great things to say. http://blog.360magazine.co.uk/uncategorized/competition-check-killzone-edition/

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Killzone 2 > Lost Odyssey > Fable 2 > Kameo >>>> MGS4
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wasdie  Moderator

All those games will look far better on a HDTV, but what looks best here will look best on that TV too

If you think MGS4 looks better on your TV, then you have to see how Fable 2, Lost Odyssey and Kameo look !!!

MGS4 does look better on a HDTV, but the environment is still as bland and empty, i have playd the game you know

obamanian

I'm not questioning if you have played the game or not. I am saying that reguardless of what screenshot you post, your not going to suddenly convince everybody here that all of those games look way better than it. I have played Lost Odyssey on this HDTV and I can say it looked good, just not as good as MGS4. I can't speak for Fable 2 or Kameo though.

MGS4, no matter how you spin it, still is a very amazing game. The lighting effects are amazing as well as the character models and how detailed the enviroments are (even if your convinced they were bland).

Lewisite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lewisite

[QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Killzone 2 looks much better than anything else you posted.Cherokee_Jack

Not enough 120,000 leaf trees for you, I suppose.

That is pretty much what it came down to on TXB as well. Ol "Kost" here cannot find beauty in anything unless there are lush green rolling hills filled with the fairy folk.:D

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 obamanian
[QUOTE="obamanian"]

MGS4 does look better on a HDTV, but the environment is still as bland and empty, i have playd the game you know

Wasdie

I'm not questioning if you have played the game or not. I am saying that reguardless of what screenshot you post, your not going to suddenly convince everybody here that all of those games look way better than it. I have played Lost Odyssey on this HDTV and I can say it looked good, just not as good as MGS4. I can't speak for Fable 2 or Kameo though.

MGS4, no matter how you spin it, still is a very amazing game. The lighting effects are amazing as well as the character models and how detailed the enviroments are (even if your convinced they were bland).

You really think MGS4 environments are detailed ? Makes me think you have not played the game TBH

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"][QUOTE="obamanian"] I do not see it at all It has worst lighting, textures, detail than any of the other titles, even worst than the rather empty looking MGS4 The charatcer model in Lost Odyssey make the ones in KZ2 look terrible tooobamanian

As they were praising MGS4 for its visuals, they praise every hyped game visuals, i will stick to my own two eyes to decide what really looks best

For me clealry Fable 2 takes the crown in environments by miles, with Kameo 2ond, Kameo in textures/shaders/water and Lost Odyssey in character models and has some amazing lighting/texture/shaders too

Fable 2 and Killzone 2 take the crown in lighting, only Fable 2 apples that lighting to a stunningly huge and detailed environment, and not in barren small stages like KZ2

Killzone 2 destroys anything in animation, physics and post effects though

Your opinion is one thing, but posting by far the worst MGS4 picture you could find (ok not the worst, but defeantly not close to a fair representation) just because you feel that the game is not as pretty as the other titles, isn't exactly a fair way to start a thread like this. Then trying to convince me that is how it looks becasue it is sub 720p also doesn't help.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 obamanian

BTW have a look at how some 2009 games on 3600 look like, you will not believe your eyes

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26715971&tag=topics;title

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Wasdie  Moderator

You really think MGS4 environments are detailed ? Makes me think you have not played the game TBH

obamanian

Well your obvious hate for MGS4 makes me think you have not played the game either.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wasdie  Moderator

BTW have a look at how some 2009 games on 3600 look like, you will not believe your eyes

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26715971&tag=topics;title

obamanian
How does this have to do with your original topic? Yes we get it, the 360 has pretty games. The PS3 has pretty games as well. The PC has even prettier games that the two consoles.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 obamanian

Your opinion is one thing, but posting by far the worst MGS4 picture you could find (ok not the worst, but defeantly not close to a fair representation) just because you feel that the game is not as pretty as the other titles, isn't exactly a fair way to start a thread like this. Then trying to convince me that is how it looks becasue it is sub 720p also doesn't help. Wasdie

Ok, here is the deal, you provide me with a in game (must be in game certified) pic of MGS4 in 720p, and i will change mine with yours

And not a cut scene or the usual touched up Sony pics please

If you can, make it show a big level, not some tiny one, since i try to compare the scale of those games too

I think i am beeing fair, i will post your pic

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"] Your opinion is one thing, but posting by far the worst MGS4 picture you could find (ok not the worst, but defeantly not close to a fair representation) just because you feel that the game is not as pretty as the other titles, isn't exactly a fair way to start a thread like this. Then trying to convince me that is how it looks becasue it is sub 720p also doesn't help. obamanian

Ok, here is the deal, you provide me with a in game (must be in game certified) pic of MGS4 in 720p, and i will change mine with yours

And not a cut scene or the usual touched up Sony pics please

If you can, make it show a big level, not some tiny one, since i try to compare the scale of those games too

Well your not going to find a big level in MGS4, the scale was much smaller. Thats how all MGS games have always been. But anyways heres a few that I could find.

Theres two. They are blury, but in all honesty I can't remember that game being extremely crisp and clean. Anyways they are still better than the one you posted.

Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts

KZ2 looks wway better than any of those.

Btw you choose the worst pic for mgs4 i've ever seen, here are some better ones, rainden vs vamp shall we?

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 obamanian

Stop posting cut-scene pics, will not make any difference

From those other IN GAME MGS4, seems that when nvironments are tiny, MGS4 looks good, still far from great, but better than the more open ones

Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts
Killzone 2 OBVIOUSLY. and why post a horrid MGS4 shot? doesn't look like that.
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Al3x_n90

Stop posting cut-scene pics, will not make any difference

From those other IN GAME MGS4, seems that when nvironments are tiny, MGS4 looks good, still far from great, but better than the more open ones

obamanian

Edited my post, the last one is in game.Please dude before you talk about mgs4, go to a friend's house or something and play the game on a 42" 1080p tv, then come back and tell me that mgs4 doesn't look great :P

Oh and don't worry, cutscenes aren't CGI :)

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 obamanian

Killzone 2 OBVIOUSLY. and why post a horrid MGS4 shot? doesn't look like that. Eyezonmii

It actually looks like that, the pic was 100% in game, but looks more vibrand on a HDTV like all those games do though, all look better on a TV

BTW i changed the pic with a better one posted here, even though that new one has 1/10 the scale of my pic, ands when you reduce scale you can have more things around

Lewisite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lewisite

To fully understand Kost and his epic crusade you need a deeper observation of his posting history.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=607858&page=8

The fun begins six post down.

It gets truly epic 10 post down when he list his "top 10 games that outdo Killzone 2 graphically."

If you read long enough you will start to understand why he has been banned here (once?) and Team Xbox at least four times.

Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts

[QUOTE="Eyezonmii"]Killzone 2 OBVIOUSLY. and why post a horrid MGS4 shot? doesn't look like that. obamanian

It actually looks like that, the pic was 100% in game, but looks more vibrand on a HDTV like all those games do though, all look better on a TV

BTW i changed the pic with a better one posted here, even though that new one has 1/10 the scale of my pic, ands when you reduce scale you can have more things around

No it doesn't its more distorted and the color is off, game is sharper, on my HDTV.
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Al3x_n90

[QUOTE="Eyezonmii"]Killzone 2 OBVIOUSLY. and why post a horrid MGS4 shot? doesn't look like that. obamanian

100% washed in game. Please stop with this nonsense, the game looks great and isn't nowhere near that blurry, take this from a guy who played the game.Also you should liste to eyezonmii cuz he played the game as well :)

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 obamanian
[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="Eyezonmii"]Killzone 2 OBVIOUSLY. and why post a horrid MGS4 shot? doesn't look like that. Al3x_n90

100% washed in game. Please stop with this nonsense, the game looks great and isn't nowhere near that blurry, take this from a guy who played the game.Also you should liste to eyezonmii cuz he played the game as well :)

The game is confirmed sub 720p, so it is actually that blurry, the HDTV covers for much of that blurryness though

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
Have you played Fable 2 because the moments it's supposed to look it's best, the fps value goes down. Have you ever tried to AOE a room of enemies, it's horrible. You can post still shots all you want but Fable 2 and LO aren't very impressive on a technical level since there are major dips in fps in both of those.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 obamanian

Have you played Fable 2 because the moments it's supposed to look it's best, the fps value goes down. Have you ever tried to AOE a room of enemies, it's horrible. You can post still shots all you want but Fable 2 and LO aren't very impressive on a technical level since there are major dips in fps in both of those. tmntPunchout

Well, considering Fable 2 is 10x or more the scale of the biggest MGS4, Killzone 2 etc level, i guess it run surprisingly smoothly 99% of the time

BTW you must have a broken 360, there are no major slowdowns anywhere, i never had such a problem with Fable 2, and Lost Odyssey loading is now half with a HDD istall

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

killzone obviously http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44316.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44237.html

only a true fanboy can say it looks bad

mgs4 gets second place

EliteKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EliteKitteh
Member since 2008 • 805 Posts
Ugh, what's with all the gorrible MGS4 screens in this thread? Not like it's hard to find good ones...

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots  Screenshot

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots  Screenshot

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots  Picture

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots  Picture
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 obamanian
As i said, i only post in game 720p pics, your pics mean nothing, i can make pac-man look next gen in so low resolution pics, that do not have a HUD too
sasapac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sasapac
Member since 2008 • 1056 Posts

kliizone 2 > metal gesr solid 4 >>>> everything else you posted

mgs4 looks much better (you choose the worst screenshots and you post them)

Lewisite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lewisite

mgs4 gets second place

toast_burner

Great pic. :D

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 obamanian

sasapac
Killzone 2 is much smaller in scale and has 1/10 the detail around that Fable 2 levels have, how is it ... better ?
Lewisite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lewisite

Well the polls turned out about as I expected. Did we get paid off as well Kost?

Please do tell us that story about how Sony pays for good scores. I always do love that one.:P

EliteKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EliteKitteh
Member since 2008 • 805 Posts
[QUOTE="sasapac"]

obamanian

Killzone 2 is much smaller in scale and has 1/10 the detail around that Fable 2 levels have, how is it ... better ?

:lol:.... :?

Saolin? :shock:

Either way, I think we know who the one guy that voted for Fable is now...

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tmntPunchout

[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]Have you played Fable 2 because the moments it's supposed to look it's best, the fps value goes down. Have you ever tried to AOE a room of enemies, it's horrible. You can post still shots all you want but Fable 2 and LO aren't very impressive on a technical level since there are major dips in fps in both of those. obamanian

Well, considering Fable 2 is 10x or more the scale of the biggest MGS4, Killzone 2 etc level, i guess it run surprisingly smoothly 99% of the time

BTW you must have a broken 360, there are no major slowdowns anywhere, i never had such a problem with Fable 2, and Lost Odyssey loading is now half with a HDD istall

Well the 360 isn't a very reliable piece of hardware, could be. But now I need to install the game to make it look good? What happened with just popping in the disk to play?

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tmntPunchout
[QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="sasapac"]

EliteKitteh

:lol:.... :?

Saolin? :shock:

Yeah, the detail, it's all in the leaves baby, its all in the leaves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
[QUOTE="Lewisite"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

mgs4 gets second place

Great pic. :D

its got the hud and every thing you expect in gameplay :D
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#45 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Factoring in artistic and technical aspects 1. Metal Gear Solid 4 2. Fable 2 3. Kameo 4. Killzone 2 (Grayzone 2, Boringzone 2, you name it) 5. Lost Odyssey
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 obamanian

Well the 360 isn't a very reliable piece of hardware, could be. But now I need to install the game to make it look good? What happened with just popping in the disk to play? tmntPunchout

The install makes it load faster, not look better

You should read some things about how graphics work first, then post i guess, what you posted just shows ignorance

Lewisite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lewisite

[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]Well the 360 isn't a very reliable piece of hardware, could be. But now I need to install the game to make it look good? What happened with just popping in the disk to play? obamanian

The install makes it load faster, not look better

You should read some things about how graphics work first, then post i guess, what you posted just shows ignorance

You should learn to forget about your art style preference when posting about graphics.

If four bans and a legion of your fellow lemmings on TeamXbox telling you that you are wrong does not change your mind I fear all hope is lost for you.

edit: btw, are you ip banned on there yet? A mod pretty much said anytime you are found to be posting on an alt account there to just let them know and they will ban it. You REALLY pissed those people off. :P

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 obamanian

Factoring in artistic and technical aspects

1. Metal Gear Solid 4

2. Fable 2

3. Kameo

4. Killzone 2 (Grayzone 2, Boringzone 2, you name it)

5. Lost Odyssey Toriko42

Fable 2 has bigger scale and detail than all those games

Also why did you put MGS4 1st, when it has the same brown, greenish colors everywhere too ? It sure looks better than KZ2 in art, but is almost as boring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
[QUOTE="sasapac"]

mgs4 looks much better (you choose detail around that Fable 2 levels have, how is it ... better ?obamanian

you havent seen the killzone 2 detail trailer have you

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44194.html?type=

killzone 2>>>>fable 2 (interms of graphics, detail and gameplay)

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 obamanian
in
[QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="sasapac"]

mgs4 looks much better (you choose detail around that Fable 2 levels have, how is it ... better ?toast_burner

you havent seen the killzone 2 detail trailer have you

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44194.html?type=

killzone 2>>>>fable 2 (interms of graphics, detail and gameplay)

You have to be kidding, all i see is emtpy grounds, small levels and blocky architecture

Fable 2 is 10x bigger in scale, and actually is filled with stuff everywhere, like forests, cities etc

It simply destroys KZ2 in scale and detail, you have obviously never played it i guess