What do you think is Sony's future answer to Game Pass?

• 144 results
rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Poll What do you think is Sony's future answer to Game Pass? (63 votes)

PS+ msrp decrease. 2%
More monthly PS+ games. 8%
Merge PS+ and PS Now. 30%
Invest more in the current studios. 5%
Buy more studios. 10%
Pay other studios to make their projects (Second Party?) 5%
Nothing. 59%

What do you think is Sony's future answer to Game Pass? Seems clear that it's Xbox's tour de force that combines EA, Zenimax and dozens of games for a low monthly price.

Are they gonna have a their own very similar take on it?

Will they merge services like PS+ and PS Now for the same price or at a lower price?

Will they increase PS+ monthly giveaways?

Invest more in studios?

What do you think will be their answer? What do you wish would be their answer?

• 
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70147 Posts

They can continue pretend that GamePass doesn't exist. 😂

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

I expect PSNow to evolve into a similar service, but maybe not day one like GP. Either way, the future is we'll be paying decent money for these services as they evolve. Kinda like how everyone left cable TV behind, only to pay multiple monthly fees.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

Why do they need one now? Has Gamepass lowered Sony's financial dominance at all?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

I think Sony will continue to make great games and sell systems. You know, what they've been doing the past 25 years lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Sony won't do anything as they have an army of braindead poeple who eat up anything they do, there's plenty of them on this website who are proof of that.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts

They're just gonna continue making great games and fight nintendo for GOTY every year at TGA. While lems gonna keep pretending that they're winning this gen, where in reality they're getting burried like last gen xD

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I don't think they're in a hurry to respond to Game Pass. I think they're in a pretty comfortable status quo right now.

That said, they have made noises about having some sort of response. The problem might be that the Game Pass model relies on eating some losses early on in order to push for scaling, and also on breadth of content to add value. Both are very expensive investments, which might be beyond Sony.

Quite frankly, I don't expect Sony to compete with Game Pass head on. Instead, I think Sony might go with a more limited service with a more premium spin, leveraging their first party studios to sell on quality over quantity. Less Netflix and more like HBO.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: Says the X fanboy who hates Gamepass and buys his games physically...calling out other fanboys for doing the same. 😂 You can't make this crap up.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Still sells more globally, they don't need to do anything.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

I strongly believe that Sony Playstation will continue to deliver top-notch exclusives. Exclusives are what makes a console attractive and Playstation has delivered that consecutively.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter: When & where did i state i hate gamepass, hopefully you have a link to your claim?

I've stated plenty of times that gamepass isn't for me because i like to own my games and play games at my leisure and not feel the need to try games before they're rotated out.

The $70 price tag is what i was referring to when it comes to you cows eat up anything Sony do.

Now back up your claim, in the meantime i'll wait.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8297 Posts

Sony's fanbase seems satisfied with the current status-quo so my vote would be "nothing"..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pedro

@Antwan3K said:

Sony's fanbase seems satisfied with the current status-quo so my vote would be "nothing"..

They believe they get free games with paid services. 😂🤣

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

They don't need to do anything for the time being. They are selling more consoles than the competition, which means more subscriptions and money made from games sold on the store, both 1st and 3rd party. They know that the big spenders are people who are interested in good games, which they have been providing since forever, rather than cheaper ones. If they ever feel that MS is gaining ground on them, they could just answer by sacrificing some profit and improving PS Now to make it similar to gamepass. Oh, wait, this is gamespot forums. "sONy aRe doOomeD!1!".

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

I think they will have something they might get rid of psNow and make Ps+ it's own thing and offer online play for free. They made a Deal with Ms Azure thing so they must be cooking something. Remember fan boys they were before MS on the market with all streaming BS but now the cloud is much better. They will do whatever makes them money. PSone, Ps2, Ps3,Ps4 Pass only for 5.99, ps Ultimate for 40 or 60 and all kinds of packages, or maybe they won’t do crap

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20164 Posts

Nothing. They really don't need to right now anyway.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44643 Posts

Nothing, but that's okay, cows will pay $70 for Bugsnuts 2 and ask for seconds. Their cult is strong. They will pretend to enjoy shitty games and even manage to make sure they earn awards.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

What reality are you guys living in? Sony DOESN'T have to answer Gamepass. They're market leader over Microsoft right now. Until that changes, Sony can continue what they're doing. PS Plus combined with PS Now still costs less than Gamepass yearly and offers far more games. "Day One" or not. Lems continue to say we're always talking about Gamepass but conveniently ignore threads like this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@Sagemode87 said:

What reality are you guys living in? Sony DOESN'T have to answer Gamepass. They're market leader over Microsoft right now. Until that changes, Sony can continue what they're doing. Lems continue to say we're always talking about Gamepass but conveniently ignore threads like this.

So, you are saying Sony will react too late. Gotcha.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@i_p_daily: Seems gaming is becoming too expensive of a hobby for you. Good thing Microsoft has your back with Gamepass. Personally, I see no need to be upset at 70 dollar games. We can't expect next gen experiences and also think it's fair to charge gen 7 and 8 prices for it.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Antwan3K

@Sagemode87: you seem to be a shining example of why Sony can but won't do anything in terms of offering a Game Pass competitor anytime soon..

In the grand scheme, is $70 "expensive"?.. Maybe, maybe not.. Each person's mileage may vary.. But for every person that sees no issue with paying $70 for MLB The Show on Day One, there's an increasing amount that see the value in getting MLB The Show on Day One via Game Pass for $10 along with hundreds of other titles; some brand new releases, some timeless classics, and everything inbetween..

As someone else pointed out, you seem to think Sony's best bet is to do nothing until it's basically too late.. They should wait until Game Pass is already an undeniable threat.. Well, let's just say I hope Sony doesn't continue to listen to fans like you..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39605 Posts

Top tier cinema level AAAA exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

GamePass is a great value to consumers. There’s no doubting that. But Sony will only budge when it’s obvious there’s a financial/competitive reason to do so. Xbox can offer whatever they want, but as long as it doesn’t move market share and revenue, it won’t matter PlayStation. We won’t know until the consoles production issues are ironed out. But even now, Xbox’s inability to get consoles in homes proves to be the biggest issue. Not value. I know they’re trying to expand the install base with cloud and PC, but PS5 is the console breaking all the launch records. Even with supply issues of their own. The hype is still there for PlayStation. Meaning the value of GamePass may not be moving the needle as much as they hope. Luckily big Microsoft has all the cash in the world to keep the ship afloat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

GamePass is a great value to consumers. There’s no doubting that. But Sony will only budge when it’s obvious there’s a financial/competitive reason to do so. Xbox can offer whatever they want, but as long as it doesn’t move market share and revenue, it won’t matter PlayStation. We won’t know until the consoles production issues are ironed out. But even now, Xbox’s inability to get consoles in homes proves to be the biggest issue. Not value. I know they’re trying to expand the install base with cloud and PC, but PS5 is the console breaking all the launch records. Even with supply issues of their own. And the services revenue between Xbox, PS and Nintendo is still oddly close. Meaning consumers either don’t know about the value of GamePass, or don’t care. The hype is still there for PlayStation. Meaning the value of GamePass may not be moving the needle as much as they hope. Luckily big Microsoft has all the cash in the world to keep the ship afloat.

I’m at a loss for what Xbox can do at this point. They have the power. They have the services. They have the future games library. But look at the resale value of the new consoles in the secondary market. Look at the stock tracking Reddit pages, Twitter feeds or resetera. People are extra thirsty for the PS5, despite the negative press and insane Xbox value. And let’s not even mention Nintendo here... They could bundle a Barbie game with the Switch and move 5 million units in a month.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#26 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Sony has no answer to GP. They're perfectly fine charging fans $70 a pop for a game.

You can get 4 months of GP for that price and still have change left over.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2147 Posts

Because PS+ offers better FREE games then gamepass offers most of the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Sagemode87: Thats some dumb 💩 right there.

For starters i've been gaming for over 30yrs and, and can afford my hobby. And games have been the same price for many generations, so stop with the "next gen experiences" should cost more crap.

You're just defending Sony because you're a cow while accusing others of being poor, what a douche bag.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Why do they need one now? Has Gamepass lowered Sony's financial dominance at all?

You’re right. Most people bought their music on CDs when music streaming started....theres no need for change.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sealionact
@Sagemode87 said:

What reality are you guys living in? Sony DOESN'T have to answer Gamepass. They're market leader over Microsoft right now. Until that changes, Sony can continue what they're doing. PS Plus combined with PS Now still costs less than Gamepass yearly and offers far more games. "Day One" or not. Lems continue to say we're always talking about Gamepass but conveniently ignore threads like this.

No one is ignoring it.. ..but how are two services that offer ZERO current gen games better than one that has loads?

If you have a game “rental” service, you should at least have the version of the game for the console you are playing on.

Not only that, but Sony are now really rubbing salt in the wounds by offering PS4 versions of free games only, even if theres a ps5 version....that’s just so petty.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: you're "at a loss for what Xbox can do at this point"?..

How about the idea of them enjoying a healthy gaming business that plays to their strengths and takes advantage of their own infrastructure and services?..

Honesty, why does counting plastic boxes still matter so much to you?.. Seriously.. Is this purely a "System Wars" shtick or is this how you actually feel?.. I'm sure Pepsi is striving to "beat" Coca-Cola but I have little doubt they're hurting for cash because Coke is more popular.. At the end of the day, both companies are at the top of their field..

Ultimately, Xbox is being extremely pro-consumer in terms of both hardware and software options.. If you want to buy your games day one, you can.. If you want to subscribe to a service for your games day one, you can.. If you want the most powerful console hardware, there's the Series X.. If you want the cheapest entry point into next-gen, there's the Series S.. If you prefer PC gaming, they've got you, you're a first-class citizen.. Heck, eventually, if you just want to stream games to the devices you already own, they got you covered there too..

Meanwhile, Sony is seemingly heading in the completely opposite direction.. Raising the price of their first party games, shutting down digital stores, gatekeeping PS Now games to only the PS5, the list goes on.. But none of that matters as long as the plastic boxes keep selling right?.. According to you, if Sony could "pull a Nintendo" by slapping a Barbie on a console and sell millions, that's the very definition of "winning"..

Sure, Sony delivered with the PS4 in virtually everyway that the Xbox One failed.. Similarly Microsoft delivered with the Xbox 360 in virtually everyway the PS3 failed.. Things change sir, and we are starting to see a shift here.. And in terms of that shift, for years the 360 was "pro-consumer" for their customers while Sony was arrogant with the PS3.. For years the PS4 was "pro-consumer" for their customers while Microsoft was arrogant with the Xbox One.. We all know how those dynamics turned out.. Yet now that the Series X|S is "pro-consumer" while Sony is showing arrogance with the PS5, it doesn't matter?.. you're calling it a win for Sony less than 6 months into the Gen while both consoles are still selling out?..

seems a bit premature..

On-topic and TL;DR, who cares about their revenue sheets?.. Are you genuinely concerned about whether Microsoft is making money?.. Microsoft just spent $7.5 billion on Xbox acquisitions then turned around and made $20 billion on Hololens.. Who cares?.. What you should care about is the fact that Game Pass is an extremely great value and (as a PS5 owner), Sony isn't providing you a similar value option.. Period.. That's it.. That's the only lens you should be looking at this topic through..

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

@sealionact: Was that a yes or no?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sealionact

@Chutebox said:

I didn’t answer either way, but if you think any company or product doesn’t need to change and adapt because they are the market leaders, then you may want to read about Nokia.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Maybe gamepass is MS answer to Sonys PS Now. Except they went with the download option first and later streaming, and Sony went with streaming first, then download. Also MS went with the "newer games but far less games" approach. Then had to double the cost of Live to make up for gamepass loses, while Sony comfortably cut PS Now price in half. I think they have both reacted to each other in some way.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

sony wont do shit,not when they can charge anything they like and cows take pride in profits....the will however bring all their games to pc at some point

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15977 Posts

What answer?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56316 Posts

To be honest, neither shouldn't compete with their service and I like it when both Game Pass & PS Now do their own thing. Different service that offer different stuff is always good. Sony seems fine where their at and so is MS.

@Chutebox said:

What he's saying is, Sony needs to get with the program.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44214 Posts

Pretty much this...

Phony is doomed, doooomed I tellz ya. lol :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

It hasn't come yet. They said they're working on it. It'll probably come by the end of the year or next year. Maybe they'll announce it at e3.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@Antwan3K: Couldn't agree more with everything you said.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44214 Posts

@Antwan3K:

Save your breath, well um I mean key strokes when it comes to that mega MS/Xbox anti-fan, sheep dressed in hermit clothes. Just post this instead...

Lolol :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidGame_basic

@goldenelementxl said:

GamePass is a great value to consumers. There’s no doubting that. But Sony will only budge when it’s obvious there’s a financial/competitive reason to do so. Xbox can offer whatever they want, but as long as it doesn’t move market share and revenue, it won’t matter PlayStation. We won’t know until the consoles production issues are ironed out. But even now, Xbox’s inability to get consoles in homes proves to be the biggest issue. Not value. I know they’re trying to expand the install base with cloud and PC, but PS5 is the console breaking all the launch records. Even with supply issues of their own. And the services revenue between Xbox, PS and Nintendo is still oddly close. Meaning consumers either don’t know about the value of GamePass, or don’t care. The hype is still there for PlayStation. Meaning the value of GamePass may not be moving the needle as much as they hope. Luckily big Microsoft has all the cash in the world to keep the ship afloat.

I’m at a loss for what Xbox can do at this point. They have the power. They have the services. They have the future games library. But look at the resale value of the new consoles in the secondary market. Look at the stock tracking Reddit pages, Twitter feeds or resetera. People are extra thirsty for the PS5, despite the negative press and insane Xbox value. And let’s not even mention Nintendo here... They could bundle a Barbie game with the Switch and move 5 million units in a month.

Well said. People love Sony and Nintendo because of their games. Xbox just isn't there yet when it comes to their library and their brand recognition. When Nintendo can sell 10+ million copies of a half assed port, it just comes to show that price isn't always the most important thing. People are willing to pay full price for a product they enjoy. Xbox had 7 years since 2013 fiasco to get a decent 1st party, and they largely have been a miss. Only top tier 1st party franchise has been Forza Horizon.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

What a dipshit comment. Is PS+ free? If it's not then the games aren't either, you pay for the service that gives the games, so nothing free about it. But hey, you continue with that bullshit if it's what you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
@Antwan3K said:

@goldenelementxl:

What you should care about is the fact that Game Pass is an extremely great value and (as a PS5 owner), Sony isn't providing you a similar value option.. Period.. That's it.. That's the only lens you should be looking at this topic through..

Well first, I own a Xbox Series X and a Xbox Series S. I also have a gaming PC and am a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber.

And why is that the only lens we should be looking at this topic through? Because Xbox is winning? You talk about System Wars shtick, but you literally come in here and ignore any and all of the Xbox shortcomings. According to you, console sales don't matter. Revenue doesn't matter. Current software lineup doesn't matter. Only value. And that would be fine if this board was called Value Wars.

@Antwan3K said:

Honesty, why does counting plastic boxes still matter so much to you?.. Seriously.. Is this purely a "System Wars" shtick or is this how you actually feel?.. I'm sure Pepsi is striving to "beat" Coca-Cola but I have little doubt they're hurting for cash because Coke is more popular.. At the end of the day, both companies are at the top of their field..

There is no way in hell you are comparing Xbox to PepsiCo. They may be losing the Cola War to Coke, but they have Mtn Dew, Doritos, Gatorade, Quaker, Aquafina, Tropicana, Tostitos etc. If you compare the portfolios, PepsiCo makes double the revenue that Coca-Cola does. That's a terrible example.

@Antwan3K said:

Meanwhile, Sony is seemingly heading in the completely opposite direction.. Raising the price of their first party games, shutting down digital stores, gatekeeping PS Now games to only the PS5, the list goes on.. But none of that matters as long as the plastic boxes keep selling right?.. According to you, if Sony could "pull a Nintendo" by slapping a Barbie on a console and sell millions, that's the very definition of "winning"..

And PlayStation and Nintendo are setting sales and revenue records. What is Xbox doing? Selling boxes and selling games is what these companies are out there to do. Warming the hearts and minds of consumers is PR fluff. That's not real. But you're on this board acting like Xbox cares about you.

Xbox just spent more money on acquiring studios than Nintendo is worth. (that's not exactly pro consumer btw, but you like to ignore this angle because it helps Xbox...) Yet Nintendo turns around and spanks Xbox in revenue quarter after quarter. Why is this? It's because consumers want Nintendo products. Xbox is out there trying to spend their way into consumers favor, and they continue to miss the growth that the *not competition is experiencing.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic

@hitmanactual said:
@Syn_Valence said:

What a dipshit comment. Is PS+ free? If it's not then the games aren't either, you pay for the service that gives the games, so nothing free about it. But hey, you continue with that bullshit if it's what you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

PS Plus is an online membership. Most people who have PS Plus have it because they have to. And who started that trend? Xbox. Xbox started charging for online, and until recently, they even tried to raise the price on it! PS+ still is a better value. $60 a year, and you get games every month on top of the online membership plus exclusive discounts. For GamePass Ultimate, it's $180 a year.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

PS Now and the new PS+ Collection. You can get both for cheaper than Gamepass Ultimate. Like others have already said, I don't think Sony has taken a hit from Gamepass (yet). If the price scalpers have put on the new consoles are any indication, Playstation is still the highest in demand console for this gen. Maybe in 3 years when/if Microsoft's acquisitions bear the fruit of some good games, Sony will have to start punching back, but until then it seems like Microsoft is still trying to punch upwards at Sony when it comes to the console competition.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: all that and you still failed to answer the overall question:

Microsoft is looking at providing you with day-one software across all the devices you own (consoles, PC, streaming), while utilizing a service in Game Pass that provides incredible value for your wallet..

Sony is looking at gatekeeping day-one software to their $400~$500 box at $70 a pop in order to sell more boxes..

which of these ideals is more beneficial to you, the gamer and the consumer?

"day one software on the devices you already own" versus "day one software limited to one $400~$500 device"..

"value for your wallet" versus "$70 a pop"..

"pro-consumer" versus "make more money for the company"..

"options" versus "gatekeeping"..

it's an honest question at this point..

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34724 Posts

Nothing, until they notice gamepass is very profitable and potential PS gamers start getting Xboxes. I guess.

It's not like all gamers flock to Gamepass right now, and Sony just raised the price of their games, so it looks like they have other plans than copying Gamepass.

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hitmanactual said:
@Syn_Valence said:

PS Plus is an online membership. Most people who have PS Plus have it because they have to. And who started that trend? Xbox. Xbox started charging for online, and until recently, they even tried to raise the price on it! PS+ still is a better value. $60 a year, and you get games every month on top of the online membership plus exclusive discounts. For GamePass Ultimate, it's $180 a year.

Nothing you wrote made @Syn_Valence's comment less of a dipshit comment, or adressed what @hitmanactual was talking about.

But what's your point? "Yeah it sucks, but MS did it first"?

If you think paying 60 bucks for PS+ because you have to, and get to play some random games you can't access unless you keep paying for online is a better deal than paying 180 bucks for Gamepass to have access to a shitload of more games.. ok? Doesn't that just come down to preference for the respective services available games? PS+ sounds like a worse deal to me, and probably to everyone else who stops to think a little.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K: That’s right. Narrow the discussion as much as possible in order to “get a win.” “The overall question” lol. You typed a wall of text at me, and I debunked all of it.

Regarding your narrow question. If the software lineups are equal, Xbox would be the only answer. But you then typed things like,

"pro-consumer" versus "make more money for the company"

And

"options" versus "gatekeeping"..

Xbox has been buying up studios that previously made games on the *not competitions hardware. They are doing that to make more money. How is that pro consumer? So your first point is moot. Now you have to either buy an Xbox Series console, have a capable PC or sub to Game Pass Ultimate to stream the games. How is that not gatekeeping? And that point is gone...

You can keep twisting yourself into a pretzel, defending/hyping Xbox if you want. But you’re exposing yourself more and more with each post as a delusional Xbox fanboy. We can’t have a serious discussion until you come to the stage with some objective takes.

We can’t discuss hardware sales

We can’t discuss software sales

We can’t discuss hardware and software revenue

We can’t discuss services and subscription revenue

We can’t discuss the obvious disparity in resale demand and price

Value is the only thing you’re interested in when talking Xbox. The problem is, at some point that value needs to move the needle on at least one of those taboo topics. Because if it doesn’t, that means consumers aren’t seeing the same value that you and Xbox are.