Well looks like the new 360 is selling like crazy....

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ProjectNatalFan
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProjectNatalFan
Member since 2010 • 2471 Posts

Sold Out everywhere, gamestop employees said they had over 100 calls to see if its available. Guess people like the redesign. I prepaid mine today but I have to wait till it ships. The 249.99 Forza 3, Odst Elitebundle at Gamestop is another awesome deal.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

Sold Out everywhere, gamestop employees said they had over 100 calls to see if its available. Guess people like the redesign. I prepaid mine today but I have to wait till it ships. The 249.99 Forza 3, Odst Elitebundle at Gamestop is another awesome deal.

ProjectNatalFan
links or it didn't happen... *sarcasam lol*
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ProjectNatalFan

[QUOTE="ProjectNatalFan"]

Santesyu

links or it didn't happen... *sarcasam lol*

yeah I hear ya but Im surprised how many people want it, best looking console out there.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
new hardware.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Uhhhh, I was just at Best Buy and they were really well stocked.

ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ProjectNatalFan

Heirren

good to know, I called 2 best buys and they said SOLD OUT as well, where do you live if you dont mind?

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
That's what happens when new hardware is introduced.
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ProjectNatalFan

That's what happens when new hardware is introduced.FIipMode

I guess so but I was surprised at how much they are selling.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

yeah, and so are the old ones.
but thats a given, a price drop on the old ones, and the new ones are new...so its given there will be a blip on the hardware sales.

It doesn't really mean much the same thing happens with the slim.

ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ProjectNatalFan

but thats a given, a price drop on the old ones, and the new ones are new...so its given there will be a blip on the hardware sales.

WilliamRLBaker

you think the slim will outsell the PS3 Slim this holiday?

kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

Heirren

I Called B.S. I know online doesn't mean what they have in stores, but come on they are sold out at all online outlets and all the gamestops by house.

felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

The day Nintendo announces "My **** in a box", it'll be sold out. All new hardware sells well.

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
Im more surprised that kinect is having very high preorders despite all of its negative coverage. Its number 2 on amazon if i remember correctly followed by the slim
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ProjectNatalFan

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

kenmid

I Called B.S. I know online doesn't mean what they have in stores, but come on they are sold out at all online outlets and all the gamestops by house.

he might live somewhere where they dont have electricity maybe, I looked 8 hours today went all over, called all over, until I finally just traded in at gamestop a bunch of games console etc and paid for it prepaid and they were like JULY 5th lol

ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ProjectNatalFan

Im more surprised that kinect is having very high preorders despite all of its negative coverage. Its number 2 on amazon if i remember correctly followed by the slimbigboss5ak

I got the redesign new xbox 360 just for Kinect, Kinect will be fun IMO and I love being the controller and just having the ability to watch ZUNE 1080P 5.1 and give the xbox voice commands, they will continue to build on Kinect, its a nice thing to have for your entertainment center regardless of what hardcore games might say, they are the minority.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
im sure when 3DS is available, it will shut down the internets!
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

Heirren

Its because best buy is an actual capable company that knows how to stock its products and deliver to its customers. Gaming wise the best buys and futureshops are the best place for new games/consoles. They have 50X the stock of gamestop/EB games etc etc. And the restock very often.

ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ProjectNatalFan

im sure when 3DS is available, it will shut down the internets! Fuhgeddabouditt

yeah I agree that goes without saying, just surprised that the new 360 is a hit.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

ProjectNatalFan

you think the slim will outsell the PS3 Slim this holiday?

we'll just have to see. likely in america and UK.

ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ProjectNatalFan

oh look it "ProjectNatalFan" with another thread about the 360 :roll: RTUUMM

Yep thanks for taking tabs, Im a big fan of what MS is doing and rightfully so. The best console on the market without a doubt.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"]oh look it "ProjectNatalFan" with another thread about the 360 :roll: ProjectNatalFan

Yep thanks for taking tabs, Im a big fan of what MS is doing and rightfully so. The best console on the market without a doubt.

oh yeah of course it is why dont you ever make a usefull thread with something to talk about or dicuss, all your threads really have no inportance or meaning, they are just 360 hype about how you feel about 360 or threads were you bash the PS3
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I dont even think Michigan has any of the new ones yet.

mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]Im more surprised that kinect is having very high preorders despite all of its negative coverage. Its number 2 on amazon if i remember correctly followed by the slimProjectNatalFan

I got the redesign new xbox 360 just for Kinect, Kinect will be fun IMO and I love being the controller and just having the ability to watch ZUNE 1080P 5.1 and give the xbox voice commands, they will continue to build on Kinect, its a nice thing to have for your entertainment center regardless of what hardcore games might say, they are the minority.

Doesn't change that I have yet to see any potential for Kinect. MAYBE somewhere in the future. But at the moment it has even more gimmicky/shovel ware classified games than the Wii. =|

mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mgs_freak91

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"][QUOTE="ProjectNatalFan"]

ProjectNatalFan

oh yeah of course it is why dont you ever make a usefull thread with something to talk about or dicuss, all your threads really have no inportance or meaning, they are just 360 hype about how you feel about 360 or threads were you bash the PS3

well I dont have any spelling issues in my threads that is for sure. =D

*clap* *clap* Brilliant comeback. "=D"
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ProjectNatalFan

[QUOTE="bigboss5ak"]Im more surprised that kinect is having very high preorders despite all of its negative coverage. Its number 2 on amazon if i remember correctly followed by the slimmgs_freak91

Doesn't change that I have yet to see any potential for Kinect. MAYBE somewhere in the future. But at the moment it has even more gimmicky/shovel ware classified games than the Wii. =|

well u dont see potential, but obviously alot of buyers are seeing potential. Its going to out sell MOVE that is for sure, and its not something MS is forcing you to adapt.

ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ProjectNatalFan

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"] oh yeah of course it is why dont you ever make a usefull thread with something to talk about or dicuss, all your threads really have no inportance or meaning, they are just 360 hype about how you feel about 360 or threads were you bash the PS3mgs_freak91

thanks, also I did see that my friend RTUUMM is a major PS3 fan and probably hates the 360 cause its doing better.I used to be in the same position last gen.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"]

ProjectNatalFan

well u dont see potential, but obviously alot of buyers are seeing potential. Its going to out sell MOVE that is for sure, and its not something MS is forcing you to adapt.

It has potential, but not for anything good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

ProjectNatalFan

good to know, I called 2 best buys and they said SOLD OUT as well, where do you live if you dont mind?

Chicago.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"]oh look it "ProjectNatalFan" with another thread about the 360 :roll: RTUUMM

What's wrong with this thread? A topic in System Wars discussing the popularity of the newly released Xbox 360 Slim. Everything seems in order. Why are you so upset?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
It is sold in Las Vegas, and I am on the reserve list for July 9. One GameStop employee said the closest place to get one in relation to me is in Utah.
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ProjectNatalFan

[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"]

hellhund

I completely disagree, I mean yeah it might not have a killer lineup of games, but sure I would do the boxing, the bowling, the HR hitting contest, and I would use it everytime I was ZUNE when I wanna watch a 1080P or a digital download. Kinect is going to evolve and its going to be very nice to have for the ones who wanna appreciate it.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"][QUOTE="ProjectNatalFan"]

thanks, also I did see that my friend RTUUMM is a major PS3 fan and probably hates the 360 cause its doing better.I used to be in the same position last gen.

LOL wat yeah I prefer the PS3 but Im a gamer, I dont bash the 360 or the wii, I used to have a 360.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hellhund

[QUOTE="hellhund"][QUOTE="ProjectNatalFan"]

ProjectNatalFan

I completely disagree, I mean yeah it might not have a killer lineup of games, but sure I would do the boxing, the bowling, the HR hitting contest, and I would use it everytime I was ZUNE when I wanna watch a 1080P or a digital download. Kinect is going to evolve and its going to be very nice to have for the ones who wanna appreciate it.

I've already done the boxing, bowling and baseball on my Wii. There's no reason to do it again, even on a higher resolution.
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ProjectNatalFan

[QUOTE="hellhund"] It has potential, but not for anything good.hellhund

I've already done the boxing, bowling and baseball on my Wii. There's no reason to do it again, even on a higher resolution.

well I have as well but I rather do it with real graphics and not kiddie graphics.

mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mgs_freak91

[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"]

ProjectNatalFan

I should rephrase. Kinect will not bring anything great to people who want to play games like Gears of War, Halo, or even Racing games. They showed Forza at E3, yes? Why play like that when the steering wheel controllers are much better, and bring you a lot more closer to realism than just having your hands in the air in front of you? Can you see Kinect really working with shooters like Halo and Gears of War? How is it going to be integrated into these games that make the price tag worth it? How is it going to be integrated into games without being gimmicky? How is it going to be integrated into games that aren't shovelware and/or so casual it doesn't affect the hardcore gamers? I change my mind...Kinect has a lot of potential...to be an overpriced remote control when it comes to watching movies or listening to music.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hellhund

[QUOTE="hellhund"][QUOTE="ProjectNatalFan"]

ProjectNatalFan

well I have as well but I rather do it with real graphics and not kiddie graphics.

Then you might as well just do the real thing. You're already putting in the effort and you want realistic graphics.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hellhund

[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"]

mgs_freak91

I should rephrase. Kinect will not bring anything great to people who want to play games like Gears of War, Halo, or even Racing games. They showed Forza at E3, yes? Why play like that when the steering wheel controllers are much better, and bring you a lot more closer to realism than just having your hands in the air in front of you? Can you see Kinect really working with shooters like Halo and Gears of War? How is it going to be integrated into these games that make the price tag worth it? How is it going to be integrated into games without being gimmicky? How is it going to be integrated into games that aren't shovelware and/or so casual it doesn't affect the hardcore gamers? I change my mind...Kinect has a lot of potential...to be an overpriced remote control when it comes to watching movies or listening to music.

The only positive way it could be integrated into games is if you were able to manipulate things in a game like you could in Zack & Wiki, but it would require a lot of effort to make them feel immersive and not tacky, like mini-games. And no ones going to spend the time and money doing that. Instead, they'll spend minimal money and pump out mini-game shovelware like the Kinect launch games.
ProjectNatalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ProjectNatalFan

[QUOTE="hellhund"] I've already done the boxing, bowling and baseball on my Wii. There's no reason to do it again, even on a higher resolution.hellhund

Then you might as well just do the real thing. You're already putting in the effort and you want realistic graphics.

no i dont want 480i garbage graphics and block graphics, rather have some Fight Night Graphics and blood when I box and yeah i dont have hold a controller which is all the more reason. Kinect is gonna be good IMO

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

well I have as well but I rather do it with real graphics

ProjectNatalFan

Nothing, and I truly mean nothing, is realistic about Kinect's graphics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Kinect is gonna be good IMO

ProjectNatalFan

Yeah, really good foe Sony.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hellhund

well I have as well but I rather do it with real graphics

Silverbond

Nothing, and I truly mean nothing, is realistic about Kinect's graphics.

Maybe he got images from the Move games mixed up with the Natal files.
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mgs_freak91

[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"][QUOTE="ProjectNatalFan"]

hellhund

The only positive way it could be integrated into games is if you were able to manipulate things in a game like you could in Zack & Wiki, but it would require a lot of effort to make them feel immersive and not tacky, like mini-games. And no ones going to spend the time and money doing that. Instead, they'll spend minimal money and pump out mini-game shovelware like the Kinect launch games.

But that's the thing. I don't see it being integrated properly without making it seem like mini games. Look at Milo & Kate and Fable 3. Peter Molyneux is the lead designer in both games. Kinect has all these things that have been integrated into Milo and Kate. Yet in an actual game like Fable 3 - the gamer can only touch people (no, I am not being rude - not in a sick way - I hope...). This is the guy who showed us all these - small, insignificant moves you can do in Milo and Kate, yet there is even less in an actual RPG.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#45 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Saw some 360's in Walmart when I went there today. Basing fact on your local stores isn't reliable. :P

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Saw some 360's in Walmart when I went there today. Basing fact on your local stores isn't reliable. :P

Lionheart08
I remember Kennysolidsnake used to do that all the time... lol.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

looks like the gap between PS3 and 360 is going to widen again

PS3 closed that gap with the Slim sales and now 360 is going to run ahead again with their Slim sales

...interesting

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#48 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

Silverbond

I remember Kennysolidsnake used to do that all the time... lol.

I find these and the "My friends say I should get a PS3/360, what do you think" threads the most annoying to be honest.

JoeSchmo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JoeSchmo01
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts

looks like the gap between PS3 and 360 is going to widen again

PS3 closed that gap with the Slim sales and now 360 is going to run ahead again with their Slim sales

...interesting

CDUB316
well if you think about it, it would mostly be widening the gap superficially. a ton of people who already have a 360 will be upgrading to the new one and that does not expand their user base as much as it will on paper. to be fair, the same could be said for the ps3 slim. i for one am not a fan of all these new hardware versions coming out, just get it right the first time.