Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8367 Posts
@davillain said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

The first three were amazing for their time. I don't remember anything related to the story, but gameplay and visuals were so good that it really is not important if the story was good or not. Still to this day, those were the best stealth games i've played.

I agree.... The games were must plays when they launched d and each of them were really good. The story was always a side bar and those endings were as bad as it gets.... Pretty sure the first game you just walk out the front door of a level and the game ends. I remember being like, "that's it?" but it was the gameplay I was after.

Also... Unpopular comment here... I loved conviction. Lol. Played it through a few times.

You aren't the only one, I too loved Splinter Cell: Conviction as well. Conviction to me was as close to getting a Jason Bourne game as we'll ever gonna get.

High five to Conviction! The hate it got at the time was oversaturating.

I played the Hunt splitscreen mode of conviction alot with a buddy.

We would play Rainbow Six Vegas terrorist hunt together and when conviction came out it had it's own mode similar to it. Was a blast.

Game got panned for not relying on the light stealth and tried to do the hitman approach. But it wasn't a bad game by any means, just different.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22885 Posts

@davillain said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

The first three were amazing for their time. I don't remember anything related to the story, but gameplay and visuals were so good that it really is not important if the story was good or not. Still to this day, those were the best stealth games i've played.

I agree.... The games were must plays when they launched d and each of them were really good. The story was always a side bar and those endings were as bad as it gets.... Pretty sure the first game you just walk out the front door of a level and the game ends. I remember being like, "that's it?" but it was the gameplay I was after.

Also... Unpopular comment here... I loved conviction. Lol. Played it through a few times.

You aren't the only one, I too loved Splinter Cell: Conviction as well. Conviction to me was as close to getting a Jason Bourne game as we'll ever gonna get.

High five to Conviction! The hate it got at the time was oversaturating.

*high 5!✋Yesss! Loved tagging guys and working through the levels like Jason Bourne. I also remember really enjoying the final sequences with the president. I was a loyal SC gamer back then. Played all the games through and through. Conviction was a newish angle I was totally in for after the somewhat disippointing double agent.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TheEroica  Moderator

Also... Has anyone here been able to run conviction on steam deck? It's the one game I've dow loaded and never been able to run.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7284 Posts

The only one I enjoyed was conviction thought the ones on the OG Xbox were overrated.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#55 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

I could never get into Splinter Cell especially the first game. Though Chaos Theory is really great with the improved gameplay and controls.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheEroica  Moderator

@pillarrocks said:

I could never get into Splinter Cell especially the first game. Though Chaos Theory is really great with the improved gameplay and controls.

First game is the one I played most, but also became most dated as Pandora tomorrow and chaos theory came out. Double agent had two iterations... One for each generation. The 360 one had a neat premise, but ubisoft like execution. Digital dramamine.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1267 Posts

Since I'm a filthy casual I found the OG and Pandora more frustrating then fun. But Chaos Theory is great. Not just gameplay wise (I do think the darkness/shadows could be more realistic/believable ... which in turn might require tweaks to the level design)

I think Black List was great, 2nd favorite after Chaos Theory ( could've done w/o certain segments though...)

@TheEroica: Double Agent on 360 had some good levels. Kinsasha would've been one of them - it was just ruined by the AI. It almost pulled off the warzone sneaking thing that MGS4 did.

Avatar image for deactivated-664b983590f56
deactivated-664b983590f56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-664b983590f56
Member since 2024 • 25 Posts

Great game