Was 2010 the best Xbox 360 year yet ?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AbleFa3
Member since 2010 • 901 Posts

It got Kinect, the most advanced motion controls on the market and some cool high scored games with it, with 10 core titles announced for 2011

also the below titles

Fable 3
Divinity 2 Dragon Saga
Alan Wake
Mass Effect 2
Fallout Vegas
Two Worlds 2
Gothic 4
Limbo
Splinter Cell
Halo Reach
Bayonetta
Metro 2033
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

It is easilly one of my best years in gaming yet (if not the very best) and most of these titles are my top of all time, like Fable 3, Divinity 2 DS, Fallout, Mass Effect, Halo reach etc

xbox 360 is a gaming and RPG heaven, it is hard to believe such a system can exist and i had a real blast with it throughout the year

What do you think, has there been a better year for 360 ?

Also

Super Meat Boy

RDR

FF13

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

Not sure if it was the best year for 360, but it was a lot better than 09.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

It definately wasn't the best to me, but it was good.

Mass Effect 2

Red Dead Redemption

Halo Reach

AC: Brotherhood

Splinter Cell

New Vegas

FFXIII

Tropico 3

Fable 3

Alan Wake

Super Meat Boy

Limbo

Toy Soldiers

Monday Night Combat

There has been more I wanted to play in past years, but this year was great.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
why'd u list multiplats for.....that are also on the ps3 (bayo/castlevania/fallout) anyways i dont own a 360 but i think anything from 06-08 were great years for it.. lately not as great but still relatively good
supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 supdotcom
Member since 2010 • 1121 Posts

It is highly debatable whether the kinect is the most has the most advanced technology. Whereas the ps move was a upgrade from the wiimote, the kinect is just an upgrade from the eyetoy. 2010 was a fairly good year for the xbox 360, but 2011 is ps3's year, no doubt about that. In the end, PC owns every year. 8)

edit yeah seems like you tried to buff up the list. over half of those are multiplats.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AbleFa3

why'd u list multiplats for.....that are also on the ps3 (bayo/castlevania/fallout) anyways i dont own a 360 but i think anything from 06-08 were great years for it.. lately not as great but still relatively goodcampzor

And what does it matter if they are on PS3 ? They are games i can play in 2010

Also

Super Meat Boy

RDR

etc

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]why'd u list multiplats for.....that are also on the ps3 (bayo/castlevania/fallout) anyways i dont own a 360 but i think anything from 06-08 were great years for it.. lately not as great but still relatively goodAbleFa3

Also

Super Meat Boy

RDR

etc

then why didnt u list ALL the multiplats to make it an even stronger list? :|
supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 supdotcom

[QUOTE="campzor"]why'd u list multiplats for.....that are also on the ps3 (bayo/castlevania/fallout) anyways i dont own a 360 but i think anything from 06-08 were great years for it.. lately not as great but still relatively goodAbleFa3

Also

Super Meat Boy

RDR

etc

so that means I can just list all those games & ps3 exclusives and say 2010 was the best ps3 year yet?

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AbleFa3

It is highly debatable whether the kinect is the most has the most advanced technology. Whereas the ps move was a upgrade from the wiimote, the kinect is just an upgrade from the eyetoy. 2010 was a fairly good year for the xbox 360, but 2011 is ps3's year, no doubt about that. In the end, PC owns every year. 8)

supdotcom

Not really, it is not debatable since there are simple facts

Kinect can map the whole body in full 3D without holding anything, you can use a pad or feet reading to move around

Move can read one or two body points in 3D and maybe the rest in 2D, meaning you cant move around if you use two sticks and only maps1-2 3D points and with holding a stick (ortwo sticks for 2 points)

Kinect is far mroe advanced, mapping whole body than just one point of it, i dont think there is a comparisson even

After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]why'd u list multiplats for.....that are also on the ps3 (bayo/castlevania/fallout) anyways i dont own a 360 but i think anything from 06-08 were great years for it.. lately not as great but still relatively goodcampzor

Also

Super Meat Boy

RDR

etc

then why didnt u list ALL the multiplats to make it an even stronger list? :|

Maybe those were standout titles to him?
supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 supdotcom

[QUOTE="supdotcom"]

AbleFa3

Not really, it is not debatable since there are simple facts

Kinect can map the whole body in full 3D without holding anything, you can use a pad or feet reading to move around

Move can read one or two body points in 3D and maybe the rest in 2D, meaning you cant move around if you use two sticks and only maps1-2 3D points and with holding a stick (ortwo sticks for 2 points)

Kinect is far mroe advanced, mapping whole body than just one point of it, i dont think there is a comparisson even

Did you read the articles that the kinect has trouble recognising dark skinned people and that you are required to have a room quite big proportions and that the kinect can only support two people and that we have yet to see good integration into any current games for the kinect and m$ spent $500 million and that video showing a guy who is using the kinect, doesn't move at all and still manages to come 3rd or 4th in the racing game for kinect?

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
good year for 360 for me
Hepemania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Hepemania
Member since 2010 • 517 Posts

Definitely one of the best.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

This have been a great year indeed, probably the best so far!

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Shouldn't this be called was 2010 the best year this gen, since most of those are multiplats

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#16 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49605 Posts
Yeah, it's been the best year overall. In regards to the SW metagame, no it hasn't been but at least it wasn't as bad as 2009.
aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

But since this is a System Wars threat I think its appropriate to pose the question: Which console was '10 best for? The PS3, the 360 or is it the (couldn't even write this with a straight face) Wii?

It's: Heavy Rain & GOW3 vs Halo:R & Alan Wake vs Kirbys Epic Yawn & Super Mario Galaxy 2...

What do you think?

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
only 2 360 exclusive ? It was also a good year for PC and PS3 not just 360
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I find 2007 to be the best year for the 360 as well as in my opinion the best year for gaming.
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

Shouldn't this be called was 2010 the best year this gen, since most of those are multiplats

spookykid143
Most of those are multiplats, but most of those arn't on another system besides 360. For example, Splinter Cell, Fable 3, Mass Effect 2 are on PC and 360. Bayonetta, Castlevania, RDR are only on PS3 and 360. Then theres exclusives like Limbo, Alan Wake, and Halo Reach. But overall 2010 was a good year for gaming for every system.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Sure, just having the Kinect launch sealed the deal. :twisted:

Likely not the best but seriously, Kenect Rocks, really, no kidding - I got the... "like this tech is really slick and unique" feeling that was severely lacking when I first connected up & tried my Wii. :o

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AbleFa3

Sure, just having the Kinect launch sealed the deal. :twisted:

Likely not the best but seriously, Kenect Rocks, really, no kidding - I got the... "like this tech is really slick and unique" feeling that was severely lacking when I first connected up & tried my Wii. :o

SecretPolice

Indeed, i had the same feeling too, thing is Kinect came years after Wii, so was expected to be perfected

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Great but not the best, Splinter cell, fable 3, crackdown brought it down. ME2, Reach RDR, Limbo were pretty ace games though Metro2033 and Alan Wake were some solid titles too
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#24 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49605 Posts
[QUOTE="badtaker"]only 2 360 exclusive ? It was also a good year for PC and PS3 not just 360

Quite a few more than just 2 Xbox 360 exclusives...
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

So basically it was a good year for everyone then? Since most of what you listed are available on other platforms.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

I really liked espgaluda II, the deathsmiles localization as well as super meat boy and guwange. Other than that, it's been pretty meh.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AbleFa3

Great but not the best, Splinter cell, fable 3, crackdown brought it down. ME2, Reach RDR, Limbo were pretty ace games though Metro2033 and Alan Wake were some solid titles tooDiviniuz

Fable 3 is actually my top game this year by far, so did not "bring it down" for everyone of course, will probably be the best selling title after Reach too

Splinter Cell was good, nothing amazing, nothing terrible either

And i did not even ike Crackdown myself at all, so this game did not even matter to me TBH

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AbleFa3

So basically it was a good year for everyone then? Since most of what you listed are available on other platforms.

Espada12

The problem is that these are my top 2010 titles and te only way to play them all is on xbox 360, so PS3 misses Fable 3, Mass Effect 2, PC misses Castlevania, Bayonetta, RDR etc and both PC/PS3 miss Alan wake, Limbo, Halo Reach etc

So, since i did not buy any PS3 or PC games myself and played all those on my 360, of course ismy best 360 year by far and i cant say the same for my PS3 or PC, but that is just my experience

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14505 Posts

No, 2007 definitely topped it with the release of Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and the Orange Box? I mean, those are four of the top X360 games ever and they all released within a few months of each other. And there's obviously more but I'm too lazy to list the others.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Some-Mist

So, since i did not buy any PS3 or PC games myself and played all those on my 360, of course ismy best 360 year by far and i cant say the same for my PS3 or PC, but that is just my experience

AbleFa3

you didn't even check out god of war III, heavy rain, 3D dot game heroes, or yakuza 3!? Surprised you still own a PS3/haven't sold it.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

Some-Mist

you didn't even check out god of war III, heavy rain, 3D dot game heroes, or yakuza 3!? Surprised you still own a PS3/haven't sold it.

I finished GOW3 and Heavy Rain, but in a single day, so i did not buy them, just rent them

I dont really understand what 3D dot is about, i may rent it sometime

I was too busy with Demons Souls anyway on PS3 to try strange games like 3D dot or Yakuza

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

AbleFa3

I finished GOW3 and Heavy Rain, but in a single day, so i did not buy them, just rent them

yet you bought splinter cell: conviction and alan wake which could be beaten in the same amount if not less time?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I would say so. Best year previously was 2007, and I think 2010 was better than 2007.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

Some-Mist

yet you bought splinter cell: conviction and alan wake which could be beaten in the same amount if not less time?

I rented Splinter Cell, never said i bought it

Alan Wake took me two days to end and had the DLC too, so i bought it

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

AbleFa3

been meaning to check out the DLC altho I heard it really isn't too great. Still both AW + GoW III are between 10-15 hours long :X

do you consider a 2-dayer not rent worthy like a 1-dayer? I'd want a game with much replayability. I feel heavy rain is a game that provides this with the 21 different outcomes.

I wouldn't say GoWIII or AW are really replayable due to the shallow gameplay mechanics and same story + ending no matter how you play it.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

Some-Mist

been meaning to check out the DLC altho I heard it really isn't too great. Still both AW + GoW III are between 10-15 hours long :X

do you consider a 2-dayer not rent worthy like a 1-dayer? I'd want a game with much replayability. I feel heavy rain is a game that provides this with the 21 different outcomes.

I wouldn't say GoWIII or AW are really replayable due to the shallow gameplay mechanics and same story + ending no matter how you play it.

I will buy both GOW3 and heavy Rain when price goes down a little more than the current, thing is i did not like Heavy Rain so much to want to see the other 20 outcomes, i will do so when buy it for cheap later, i prefer doing more Demons Souls rounds to get that pure hardstone i am missing TBH :)

I finished Alan Wake in about 15 hours, a bit less maybe, exploring every little secret

GOW3 was over in a single day, less than 8 hours and is not an adventure, so i did not care much to explore everything, like i did with Alan Wake, that explains why i bought AW and not GOW3

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#37 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

AbleFa3

The problem is that these are my top 2010 titles and te only way to play them all is on xbox 360, so PS3 misses Fable 3, Mass Effect 2, PC misses Castlevania, Bayonetta, RDR etc and both PC/PS3 miss Alan wake, Limbo, Halo Reach etc

I like how your logic revolve around reach and fable

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
I agree, but I love how there's 15 people who think it's the worst year. Really shows how many haters there are in SW.
4dfuse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 4dfuse123
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts
no
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

No, the only AAA exclusive is Reach right? Everything else is multiplat.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

AbleFa3

I was too busy with Demons Souls anyway on PS3 to try strange games like 3D dot or Yakuza

really, what's your psn id saolin/obamanian/seekar?
GhostScoutDG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GhostScoutDG
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

2007 was the best year for xbox and better than any other platform this gen. It had Halo 3, Bioshock ( Was exclusive at the time ), Crackdown, Mass Effect, Forza 2 and Project Gotham Racing 4

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Nah, it was a pretty dark year.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AbleFa3

2007 was the best year for xbox and better than any other platform this gen. It had Halo 3, Bioshock ( Was exclusive at the time ), Crackdown, Mass Effect, Forza 2 and Project Gotham Racing 4

GhostScoutDG

Halo Reach > Halo 3

Mass effect 2 = Mass Effect 1

Fable 3 + Alan Wake + Limbo+Divinity 2 + Two Worlds 2 + Caslevania + RDR > Bioshock + Crackdown + racing games

imo

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
2010 was an awesome year. Just not specifically for the 360. It wasn't bad, but not one of the better years.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AbleFa3

2010 was an awesome year. Just not specifically for the 360. It wasn't bad, but not one of the better years.Skittles_McGee

For a RPG gamer like me, is like 10x better than any other 360 year so far

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]2010 was an awesome year. Just not specifically for the 360. It wasn't bad, but not one of the better years.AbleFa3

I like RPGs, but I can't agree with that. Fable 3 is the only 360-only game (for now) thats an RPG at all this year, and I'd much rather wait to get the PC version, if I'm even bothering to get that at all.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]2010 was an awesome year. Just not specifically for the 360. It wasn't bad, but not one of the better years.Skittles_McGee

I like RPGs, but I can't agree with that. Fable 3 is the only 360-only game (for now) thats an RPG at all this year, and I'd much rather wait to get the PC version, if I'm even bothering to get that at all.

I played the below

Fable 3

Mass Effect 2

Two Worlds 2

Divinity 2 Dragon Saga

Gothic 4

FF13

Fallout Vegas

It is hands down my best RPG year ever this generation

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

AbleFa3

I played the below

Fable 3 - Meh, and will likely get on PC if anything

Mass Effect 2 - Got on PC

Two Worlds 2 - ...just no comment

Divinity 2 Dragon Saga - Pass

Gothic 4 - Do not want

FF13 - Got on PS3

Fallout Vegas - Got on PC

Thus, my reasoning why I can't agree.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] I like RPGs, but I can't agree with that. Fable 3 is the only 360-only game (for now) thats an RPG at all this year, and I'd much rather wait to get the PC version, if I'm even bothering to get that at all.Skittles_McGee

I played the below

Fable 3 - Meh, and will likely get on PC if anything

Mass Effect 2 - Got on PC

Two Worlds 2 - ...just no comment

Divinity 2 Dragon Saga - Pass

Gothic 4 - Do not want

FF13 - Got on PS3

Fallout Vegas - Got on PC

Thus, my reasoning why I can't agree.

And your reasoning is fine with me, you dont really have to agree too, my point is that you can play all these games on 360, why would i upgrade my PC, when i can play them all on 360 ?

To play all those you need either a gaming PC + PS3 or just a xbox 360 and is a fact