Waitstation 3 - Thoughts?

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Waitstation 3 - If you haven't heard, the name refers to the Playstation 3 as a "waiting" console, ie. waiting for the games to arrive. People use it in a negative way, but the reality is, that the term does have a lot of truth behind it.

I mean, think about it. GT5, MGSIV, Tekken 6, FFXIII, GTAIV. All the big games, and none of them are out yet. Even big new IPs like Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, White Knight Story, Infamous, Heavy Rain, L.A.Noire, Team ICO's new IP, Little Big Planet. None out yet.

Will it be worth the wait?

The thing is, while the word "waitstation" implies waiting is horrible, these games will more than likely be worth the wait. I know we're having to wait a long time for them, but we're bound to like some, if not most of these hyped titles for the PS3.

And unlike the competitors, Sony didn't stop supporting their last gen console, the PS2. God of War II is still a potential GOTY candidate. So my point is, even though it's made out to be like waiting is a bad thing, I'd much rather a title that's spent ages in development, delayed whatever times, and turns out great (ie. GTAIV, MGSIV) than a rushed title. I think PS3 is going to be worth the wait.

Will it be worth the wait?

I don't want MGSIV, FFXIII, GT5, GTAIV etc rushed and to turn out poorly, and while I know it's still a while away, I think it's going to be worth the wait.

What do you guys think?

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i think in the long-term, yeah, it'll be worth it.. at least for me. Im basically only waiting for FF 13, FF 13 Versus, and a next-gen kingdom hearts title.... and GOW3 and RE5 :)
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
Playstation 3 - wait until 2009. Final Fantasy is being released in 2009, and by that time we shall know whether or not Metal Gear Solid 4 is going multiplatform.
Myshuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Myshuno
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
The only issue is that the other two platforms, Xbox 360 and Wii, have that great, AAA content out NOW. I see what you're saying, but why wait for these games (which will be spectacular, no doubt) when the other two consoles have this sort of great content coming now, and at a cheaper price?
LastSamurai14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LastSamurai14
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.JiveT
What are 360 owners playing? Ya, you guys are WAITING for Bioshock, mass effect and more.

Bioshock, Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, and more, were all DELAYED once or more.

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts

Waitstation 3
Portstation 3
Potentialstation 3
Paystation 3

all fits

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Ya makes a lot of sense to buy a console now in hopes that some games will be really good in a year or two.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lilac_Benjie

[QUOTE="JiveT"]I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.LastSamurai14

What are 360 owners playing? Ya, you guys are WAITING for Bioshock, mass effect and more.

Playstation 3 looks like this.

• Ratchet & Clank: 2007
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: 2008
  • Final Fantasy XIII: 2009
  • God of War III: TBA

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the-very-best

I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.JiveT

Misconception. Highest rated title of 2007 is on the PS3. Resistance is "great" (Why ignore it just because it didn't get AAA?). NGS is "superb". The Darkness, Motorstorm, R6: Vegas, VF5.

Most of them aren't exclusive, but it doesn't mean that "there is nothing to play on it". And my point was that it's going to be worth the long wait for games like MGSIV, GTAIV, GT5, FFXIII, WKS, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, HS, Ratchet, KZ, Infamous, Tekken 6, RE5 and a lot more.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
no, by the time those games are out the ps3 will most likely be cheaper.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the-very-best

The only issue is that the other two platforms, Xbox 360 and Wii, have that great, AAA content out NOW. I see what you're saying, but why wait for these games (which will be spectacular, no doubt) when the other two consoles have this sort of great content coming now, and at a cheaper price?Myshuno

PS2 is cheaper than both and has a massive library of games to play. It's not a rule that everyone must jump into next gen as soon as a new console arrives.

And I'm saying PS3 will offer as good an experience as the PS2, it's just taking a while to get on its feet.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Highest rated title of 2007? What was that?!
Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts

[QUOTE="JiveT"]I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.LastSamurai14

Lemms are waiting???...lol(thats seriously funny, even cows should slap you for this):lol:

We are getting Bioshock,Mass Effect and more before the end of this year, not to mention Halo3. PS3 is getting Lair this month(Flop), MGS4 in 08 and FF in 09...now thats what I call waiting!

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the-very-best

Lilac_Benjie

Let's not leave out Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, GT5, Tekken 6, White Knight Story, FFXIII Versus, Heavy Rain, Team ICO's new IP, Infamous, LA.Noire, Jak and Daxter: Lost Frontier, Haze, Killzone, Little Big Planet.

I'm probably forgetting a lot more great upcoming titles.

iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 iMacBot
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts
How about PLAYstation 3? I'm having a blast with many games already, they're just underrated man! Ask anyone who owns a PS3 at the moment! Our exclusives are well worth the wait... we don't have mass-produced games like XBOX 360 and mostly PC, especially PC, so many bad games lol!
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rybe1025

[QUOTE="Myshuno"]The only issue is that the other two platforms, Xbox 360 and Wii, have that great, AAA content out NOW. I see what you're saying, but why wait for these games (which will be spectacular, no doubt) when the other two consoles have this sort of great content coming now, and at a cheaper price?the-very-best

PS2 is cheaper than both and has a massive library of games to play. It's not a rule that everyone must jump into next gen as soon as a new console arrives.

And I'm saying PS3 will offer as good an experience as the PS2, it's just taking a while to get on its feet.

So sad . So cows have to keep playing a last gen system to enjoy games while the PS3 trys to play catch up? meanwhile lemmings are enjoying games that are out and not games on a last gen console.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the-very-best

Highest rated title of 2007? What was that?!JiveT

Oblivion. Has anything scored higher yet? Thought it was still the highest with 9.5/10. And yes, I know it's not exclusive. It doesn't mean the game can't be played or doesn't exist.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kevy619
[QUOTE="LastSamurai14"]

[QUOTE="JiveT"]I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.Art_424

Lemms are waiting???...lol(thats seriously funny, even cows should slap you for this):lol:

We are getting Bioshock,Mass Effect and more before the end of this year, not to mention Halo3. PS3 is getting Lair this month(Flop), MGS4 in 08 and FF in 09...now thats what I call waiting!

Why not mention that alot of us are still playing Forza 2 & Madden at 60fps.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the-very-best

So sad . So cows have to keep playing a last gen system to enjoy games while the PS3 trys to play catch up? meanwhile lemmings are enjoying games that are out and not games on a last gen console.rybe1025

PS1 still got games even when the PS2 was starting to take off. PS2 didn't see its sales really surge till 2 years after launch when PS1 owners were ready to make the transfer.

Nothing wrong with playing a last gen system.

I personally wasn't finished with my PS2 (GOW2, FFXII, GTA:LCS, VCS), and am going to get a PS3 soon.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="LastSamurai14"]

[QUOTE="JiveT"]I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.Lilac_Benjie

game set and match.

No other console amounts to as much waiting as the PS3 at this point in time. All other consoles have already had some heavy hitters released. The PS3? Not so much. If you want to have some great games on the PS3 you are still going to be waiting for a while, sadly. There are some hitters coming this fall, but none of them really amount to some of the other highly anticipated games coming out on other consoles, except for Ratchet. This is not a PS3 bash, this is a real concern.

_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts
Ya makes a lot of sense to buy a console now in hopes that some games will be really good in a year or two.rybe1025

Ignorance at it's best.

#1 Who said anything about a year or two? There's lots of good stuff coming out before the end of this year and early next year.

#2 Ever heard of an opinion? Or how about patience?

Why do you people insist on making yourselves look like fools with comments like that?
deathtrap90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deathtrap90
Member since 2003 • 765 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

the-very-best

Let's not leave out Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Tekken 6,Haze.

Im pretty sure I took out everything thats not coming this year.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the-very-best

No other console amounts to as much waiting as the PS3 at this point in time. All other consoles have already had some heavy hitters released. The PS3? Not so much. If you want to have some great games on the PS3 you are still going to be waiting for a while, sadly. There are some hitters coming this fall, but none of them really amount to some of the other highly anticipated games coming out on other consoles. This is not a PS3 bash, this is a real concern.

DrinkDuff

That was my entire point. I'm saying some of most anticipated games of this gen are still to come on the PS3, but I'd my rather wait for a quality title than have it rushed.

And unlike the competitors, Sony kept supporting its PS2. There's nothing wrong with not buying a next gen console as soon as its released.

CraigJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 CraigJK
Member since 2004 • 2767 Posts
It has a solid lineup, in the future. Unfortunately the PS3 is failing because most people have settled with a 360 because it already has a lot of games, and still a good future lineup. I mean, Im going to be loving it when MGS4, Uncharted, Killzone 2, etc. But right now I don't know why I even own my PS3.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rybe1025

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]Ya makes a lot of sense to buy a console now in hopes that some games will be really good in a year or two._AsasN_

Ignorance at it's best.

#1 Who said anything about a year or two? There's lots of good stuff coming out before the end of this year and early next year.

Why do you people insist on making yourselves look like fools with comments like that?

Ya that is true you have lair :lol: or Warhawk a game that stinks so bad they had to make it cheaper ( $40 download game) or the dreadlocks wearing goddess of war. You are right 07 is loaded with great PS3 games :lol:

i would rather have games like Bioshock. hear about what people are saying about the demo or the couple 10s already? Halo 3 a title that already has two AAA scores, Mass Effect...Bioware nuff said, Madden with (60 FPS ) I could go on

Myshuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Myshuno

[QUOTE="Myshuno"]The only issue is that the other two platforms, Xbox 360 and Wii, have that great, AAA content out NOW. I see what you're saying, but why wait for these games (which will be spectacular, no doubt) when the other two consoles have this sort of great content coming now, and at a cheaper price?the-very-best

But you cannot compare the PS3 to the PS2. The PS2 had a massive library of games, it's price was in line with the competing consoles, and it had already sold over 10 million units at the same point as the PS3 is in this current cycle.

Now look at it right now: The PS3 doesn't have the massive software library that the PS2 had at this point, it is leagues more expensive than any other competing console, and, when the PS2 had sold over 10 million units at this point in it's lifecycle, the PS3 has sold only 4 million. Not to mention that it is facing serious competition from the Wii and, to a lesser extent, the Xbox 360. Last generation, nobody could touch Sony, but this generation, it is facing some tough competition.

What you must keep in mind is that the PS3 and the PS2 are different consoles. Past successes with the PS2 does not ensure future sucesses with the PS3. It's happened before: Atari went under after the massive success of the 2600, and Nintendo went under with the N64 after the successes of the NES and SNES. Mistakes can cost a company marketshare.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

deathtrap90

Uncharted looks a bit promising. I would grant Playstation 3 the FPS by Free Radical Design if it wasn't multiplatform.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the-very-best
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

deathtrap90

Tekken 6 isn't coming this year.

I have absolutely no problem with waiting for these titles. I don't want them rushed. And I'm glad the PS3 itself wasn't rushed. The biggest problem with it is its price.

Next year is going to be great with a lot of the big titles being released and a lot of new IPs released/arriving.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the-very-best

But you cannot compare the PS3 to the PS2. The PS2 had a massive library of games, it's price was in line with the competing consoles, and it had already sold over 10 million units at the same point as the PS3 is in this current cycle.

Now look at it right now: The PS3 doesn't have the massive software library that the PS2 had at this point, it is leagues more expensive than any other competing console, and, when the PS2 had sold over 10 million units at this point in it's lifecycle, the PS3 has sold only 4 million. Not to mention that it is facing serious competition from the Wii and, to a lesser extent, the Xbox 360. Last generation, nobody could touch Sony, but this generation, it is facing some tough competition.

What you must keep in mind is that the PS3 and the PS2 are different consoles. Past successes with the PS2 does not ensure future sucesses with the PS3. It's happened before: Atari went under after the massive success of the 2600, and Nintendo went under with the N64 after the successes of the NES and SNES. Mistakes can cost a company marketshare.

Myshuno

I agree. I didn't actually mention sales in my argument though. My main point was that the PS3 is getting some incredible titles, and we have to wait a long time for them.

And I'm glad there is tough competition this gen. It's only going to make everyone work harder to please us gamers.

Aqua-Vitae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Aqua-Vitae
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts
My only problem with your thinking is that this reminds me of the Gamecube and N64 far too much. The PS3 is encountering 'game-droughts' just like the Gamecube and the N64 did between huge first party games (in this case, its huge 3rd party games mainly). And while the PS3 will get more 3rd party multiplats then the Gamecube, why would someone buy a multiplat on the PS3 when its probably cheaper/generally better on a 360 or even a Wii?
Myshuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Myshuno
[QUOTE="Myshuno"]

the-very-best

I agree. I didn't actually mention sales in my argument though. My main point was that the PS3 is getting some incredible titles, and we have to wait a long time for them.

And I'm glad there is tough competition this gen. It's only going to make everyone work harder to please us gamers.

The PS3 wil get some great stuff coming, but I'm afraid it will be too little too late in Sony's case. I could be wrong, but, for this generation, you can't escape the fact that Sony will always be at a price disadvantage. The PS2 has been out for seven years, and the releases for that system are drying up. People are going to be looking for something new, and I'm not sure that they're going to wait for these great PS3 games in the future when they can get great stuff on the other two platforms at this moment, as well as at a cheaper price.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the-very-best

Unfortunately the PS3 is failing because most people have settled with a 360CraigJK

360 has sold 12 million or so.

PS2 sold 115 million + and software sales are still strong. How have "most people" settled with their 360? This gen is still in its very early stages, a lot can happen in a short time.

DarkGodZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarkGodZeus
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
[QUOTE="LastSamurai14"]

[QUOTE="JiveT"]I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.Art_424

You don't have them now, and that's waiting. We have FOlklore, ratchet and clank, hot shots golf, eye of judgment, eyedentity, coded arms assault, haze, UT3, heavenly sword, uncharted, wipeout HD, wipeout PS3, and much more.
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrinkDuff
[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"]

No other console amounts to as much waiting as the PS3 at this point in time. All other consoles have already had some heavy hitters released. The PS3? Not so much. If you want to have some great games on the PS3 you are still going to be waiting for a while, sadly. There are some hitters coming this fall, but none of them really amount to some of the other highly anticipated games coming out on other consoles. This is not a PS3 bash, this is a real concern.

the-very-best

That was my entire point. I'm saying some of most anticipated games of this gen are still to come on the PS3, but I'd my rather wait for a quality title than have it rushed.

And unlike the competitors, Sony kept supporting its PS2. There's nothing wrong with not buying a next gen console as soon as its released.

I can see what you are saying. I would rather have the quality than have them rushed. But it wouldn't hurt to release some quality games every year, would it? Is it so hard? Is it so much to ask? Why couldn't the PS3 get some big games out like the 360? Or the Wii? (to a lessor extent imo) All I am saying is that not everyone wants to wait, especially when the competition has more games worth owning at this very moment.

I mean, its great to know there are games to anticipate in the next two years but sometimes you just want to play a great game with your new console. But there really isn't anything there right now. I had this same feeling with the 360 about a month after its release, PD0 was dissapointing, and most of the games being released were lazy ports. But see, it was shorty after my worry dissipated as soon as I got my hands on Oblivion for the first time. It was a reminder of how great the next-gen was and could be, and it helped me deal with the anticipation of other games waiting for me down the road. I mean, last gen games are great, but sometimes you want something new. This knowledge and the satisfaction of Oblivion helped me deal with a lot of waiting. Reassurance is always good. And the PS3 needs this very badly.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the-very-best

The PS3 wil get some great stuff coming, but I'm afraid it will be too little too late in Sony's case. I could be wrong, but, for this generation, you can't escape the fact that Sony will always be at a price disadvantage. The PS2 has been out for seven years, and the releases for that system are drying up. People are going to be looking for something new, and I'm not sure that they're going to wait for these great PS3 games in the future when they can get great stuff on the other two platforms at this moment, as well as at a cheaper price.

Myshuno

I didn't really want to move the argument into sales but I suppose I'll go with that:

I think PS3 will win this console war. You're right, it's always going to be at a price disadantage. However, HD adoption rates are increasing rapidly, and within a year or two (complete prediction) I expect Blu-ray will have established a strong base in the market, and PS3 will benefit from this.

There is also the fact that games like MGSIV, GT5, FFXIII and more will sway attention from competing consoles. Yes, the console is expensive, but do consumers want to miss out on continuations of series they loved last gen? Who knows? (I don't think they will want to miss out).

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
The system will be great but the wait is not worth it to me. I'll play the Wii and 360 until the PS3 truely arrives. I don't mind waiting as long as I have other consoles but for anyone who solely plans on owning a PS3 I sure as hell couldn't wait this long.
Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts
[QUOTE="Art_424"][QUOTE="LastSamurai14"]

[QUOTE="JiveT"]I thought it was called the Delaystation 3. But whatever. Either name makes more sense than Playstation 3 because there is nothing to play on it.DarkGodZeus

You don't have them now, and that's waiting. We have FOlklore, ratchet and clank, hot shots golf, eye of judgment, eyedentity, coded arms assault, haze, UT3, heavenly sword, uncharted, wipeout HD, wipeout PS3, and much more.

So, by that, you asumme weve been waiting for games like PS3 owners have??....andthose games we are "Waiting for", are all coming in the next few months, while PS3 is 08 and later. So, whos waiting most?.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts

Waitstation 3
Portstation 3
Potentialstation 3
Paystation 3

all fits

ImagineGamer
Portstation 3? The only ports on it that i can think of at the time are Oblivon and Ninga Gaiden. WHy would that fit if there is only 2?
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the-very-best

I can see what you are saying. I would rather have the quality than have them rushed. But it wouldn't hurt to release some quality games every year, would it? Is it so hard? Is it so much to ask? Why couldn't the PS3 get some big games out like the 360? Or the Wii? (to a lessor extent imo) All I am saying is that not everyone wants to wait, especially when the competition has more games worth owning at this very moment.

I mean, its great to know there are games to anticipate in the next two years but sometimes you just want to play a great game with your new console. But there really isn't anything there right now. I had this same feeling with the 360 about a month after its release, PD0 was dissapointing, and most of the games being released were lazy ports. But see, it was shorty after my worry dissipated as soon as I got my hands on Oblivion for the first time. It was a reminder of how great the next-gen was and could be, and it helped me deal with the anticipation of other games waiting for me down the road. I mean, last gen games are great, but sometimes you want something new. This knowledge and the satisfaction of Oblivion helped me deal with a lot of waiting. Reassurance is always good.

DrinkDuff

Fair enough. But how is the Wii in a better position than the PS3? I mean, I don't mean to bash both consoles, but both consoles don't have their major games arriving till late 2007, and all of 2008.

I'm not denying 360 is the best console to own right now if you want to play some great games. I'm just saying, that while it's taking the PS3 a while to get on its feet, it's going to be a good ride from late 2007 onwards. There are no major droughts after September this year.

I agree with what you're saying though, not everyone wants to wait. But for those that did wait and still play their PS2 they're not playing nothing. GOW2, GTA:VCS, and Burnout Dominator are all fun titles. And now there's nothing major coming for the PS2, so I think it's time to get into the PS3. I don't think I'd be the only one.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

If you knew you have to wait? Who's fault is that? Sony or Yours?

Of course it is your fault. Sony did not force you to buy their ps3. They set the price and you bought it knowing you would have to wait and now you complain about it. Sony gave you the Option to buy or not buy. So now that you have bought it, stop complaining or just sell it.

How many months has the 360 been released? Oh that is not called waiting... then what is it? Stoping denying it, you had to wait too. Just like you lems deny RROD a few months backand guess what... shortly afterward, M$ extends the 3 yr warranty to cover RROD only.

I am just trying to be fair and eventually get a 360 when 65nm comes out and confirmed to be cooler. And I am still waiting for Huxley. I guess fanboys say one thing and another when it suits them. Do fanboys really have that much down-time on their so-called busy consoles to be posting topics like these?

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the-very-best

If you knew you have to wait? Who's fault is that? Sony or Yours?

Of course it is your fault. Sony did not force you to buy their ps3. They set the price and you bought it knowing you would have to wait and now you complain about it. Sony gave you the Option to buy or not buy. So now that you have bought it, stop complaining or just sell it.

How many months has the 360 been released? Oh that is not called waiting... then what is it? Stoping denying it, you had to wait too. Just like you lems deny RROD a few months backand guess what... shortly afterward, M$ extends the 3 yr warranty to cover RROD only.

I am just trying to be fair and eventually get a 360 when 65nm comes out and confirmed to be cooler. And I am still waiting for Huxley. I guess fanboys say one thing and another when it suits them. Do fanboys really have that much down-time on their so-called busy consoles to be posting topics like these?

gamenux

I can't tell if you're directing this at me. Anyway, I don't own a PS3, and to be fair, the people that do own a PS3 aren't playing nothing. I'm just saying that the big games are yet to arrive, but I believe they'll be worth the wait.

I don't think the biggest issue with the 360 is its games. It's the hardware. I think PS3 taking an extra year has allowed Sony to make it more reliable, at the cost of taking longer for the big games to arrive.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DrinkDuff
[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"]

I mean, its great to know there are games to anticipate in the next two years but sometimes you just want to play a great game with your new console. But there really isn't anything there right now. I had this same feeling with the 360 about a month after its release, PD0 was dissapointing, and most of the games being released were lazy ports. But see, it was shorty after my worry dissipated as soon as I got my hands on Oblivion for the first time. It was a reminder of how great the next-gen was and could be, and it helped me deal with the anticipation of other games waiting for me down the road. I mean, last gen games are great, but sometimes you want something new. This knowledge and the satisfaction of Oblivion helped me deal with a lot of waiting. Reassurance is always good.

the-very-best

Fair enough. But how is the Wii in a better position than the PS3? I mean, I don't mean to bash both consoles, but both consoles don't have their major games arriving till late 2007, and all of 2008.

I'm not denying 360 is the best console to own right now if you want to play some great games. I'm just saying, that while it's taking the PS3 a while to get on its feet, it's going to be a good ride from late 2007 onwards. There are no major droughts after September this year.

I agree with what you're saying though, not everyone wants to wait. But for those that did wait and still play their PS2 they're not playing nothing. GOW2, GTA:VCS, and Burnout Dominator are all fun titles. And now there's nothing major coming for the PS2, so I think it's time to get into the PS3. I don't think I'd be the only one.

You have a point, I guess the Wii really isn't in a better position than PS3, except in terms of sales. I guess I based it on the release of killer apps, in which case the Wii has one (Zelda:TP), and currently the PS3 has zero, but both have pretty good games released. Anyway, I mostly agree with what you said, except if you are just going to wait anyway, why not wait to buy the console too? I mean, who knows, by the time those great games are released there may be a price drop, or a better model etc. If there is no game worth getting, than why not just buy one later rather than letting it collect dust in a corner? I may get a PS3 some day, but I am waiting for the same reason everyone else is.
butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
I will definitely be worth the wait...but as of now, Resistance is the only PS3 game I've enjoyed. (Played Oblivion and R6V on the 360)
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
The wait is ok with me. Heck I am having a great time with all my PS2 games now that there being upscaled to a very good standard on the PS3.
Cyph91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cyph91
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts

[QUOTE="_AsasN_"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]Ya makes a lot of sense to buy a console now in hopes that some games will be really good in a year or two.rybe1025

Ignorance at it's best.

Ya that is true you have lair :lol: or Warhawk a game that stinks so bad they had to make it cheaper ( $40 download game) or the dreadlocks wearing goddess of war. You are right 07 is loaded with great PS3 games :lol:

i would rather have games like Bioshock. hear about what people are saying about the demo or the couple 10s already? Halo 3 a title that already has two AAA scores, Mass Effect...Bioware nuff said, Madden with (60 FPS ) I could go on

So Warhawk sucks because it costs less than other games? Does that mean the 360 and Wii suck because it costs less than the PS3? What's wrong with Heavenly Sword? You say Bioshock already has reviews of AAAA and the demo is great, well Heavenly Sword has a review of AAAA and the demo is great! Uncharted... Naughty Dog which has made 3 AA-AAA games for the PS2. R&C... Insomniac 5 AA-AAA games for the PS2/PS3. And of course there's UT3... Epic nuff said. I also think you can't go on, there isn't much promising exclusive games coming out for 360 besides Halo 3 and Mass Effect.

elite_ferns1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 elite_ferns1
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
we all know ps3 is going to get good game, but i fear they will dominate the industry just when this gen ends.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the-very-best

You have a point, I guess the Wii really isn't in a better position than PS3, except in terms of sales. I guess I based it on the release of killer apps, in which case the Wii has one (Zelda:TP), and currently the PS3 has zero, but both have pretty good games released. Anyway, I mostly agree with what you said, except if you are just going to wait anyway, why not wait to buy the console too? I mean, who knows, by the time those great games are released there may be a price drop, or a better model etc. If there is no game worth getting, than why not just buy one later rather than letting it collect dust in a corner? I may get a PS3 some day, but I am waiting for the same reason everyone else is.DrinkDuff

I haven't bought the console yet.

I want too but it's too expensive atm and doesn't have any games I need to play. The first will be MGSIV and I expect a reduced price in Australia by then so that's when I'm probably going to buy the PS3.

It's been a long year for the PS3 with nothing too major, but it all changes late this year, and I think it'll be worth the wait.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kevy619
the 360 will completely dominate the ps3 this holiday season. But the ps3 could be the next SNES while the 360 could be the next Sega Genesis.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

For some reason, I agree with you..... :shock: