Wait, the wii can't make pretty games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mushroomscout89
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 mushroomscout89
Member since 2004 • 6434 Posts
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/9890

Okay, my video stoped at one point due to my connection, and I saw some coins, and in my mind I drooled. I wanted those coins...
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
Mario Galaxy looks gorgeous.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Side by side comparison anybody?

Spore

Super Mario Galaxy

Now obviously, Spore looks better (its a PC game) ,but SMG does at least compare to it even though none can say it looks better than Spore.

EDIT: Changed to better Spore pic.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
DON'T KILL THE BABY CHICK!!!!!!!!
Animeninja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Animeninja7
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
I don't know. It's pretty but LittleBigPlanet is 10 times better. The Sheep need to stop defending the Wii's graphics. It's a lost cause.
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mushroomscout89
Side by side comparison anybody?

Spore

Super Mario Galaxy

Now obviously, Spore looks better (its a PC game) ,but SMG does at least compare to it even though none can say it looks better than Spore.

EDIT: Changed to better Spore pic.
nintendofreak_2
;-; Spore doesn't have coins. :3
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
I wonder how some people, when they see SMG for the first time, as their first thoguth be... "Imagine what this'll look like on better hardware..." It looks gorgeous!
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts
mario galaxy looks like a solid game with some interesting visual effects.

Nothing at all comparable to what PS3 and 360 are capable of though........
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I simply decided to post a game that had a similar style to SMG from a PC to prove that the Wii could compare to "next-gen" graphics.

TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
[QUOTE="Animeninja7"]I don't know. It's pretty but LittleBigPlanet is 10 times better. The Sheep need to stop defending the Wii's graphics. It's a lost cause.

No one was comparing SMG to LBP.  Quit with the damage control.
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mushroomscout89
mario galaxy looks like a solid game with some interesting visual effects.

Trading_Zoner
:3 Its funny how you can say its a solid game, even though your haven't played it. I know you are just speculating, but speculate intelligently.
Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 Suyomizzle_
Member since 2005 • 1317 Posts

The simplistic design of most Nintendo character mainstays make it easy for weaker hardware to display the characters in a way where they look comparable to hardware that's stronger.

I am sure if Kirby was rendered on the PS3 or 360, he wouldn't look much better than his GC and eventual Wii incarnations.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
[QUOTE="Animeninja7"]I don't know. It's pretty but LittleBigPlanet is 10 times better. The Sheep need to stop defending the Wii's graphics. It's a lost cause.

Just because they don't compare to the competition's visuals dosen't mean they aren't pretty visuals.
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mushroomscout89
[QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="Animeninja7"]I don't know. It's pretty but LittleBigPlanet is 10 times better. The Sheep need to stop defending the Wii's graphics. It's a lost cause.

No one was comparing SMG to LBP. Quit with the damage control.

Also, frankly I don't give twenty craps what this looks like COMPARED to something. It looks nice, I'm pleased by it.
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mushroomscout89
[QUOTE="Suyomizzle_"]

The simplistic design of most Nintendo character mainstays make it easy for weaker hardware to display the characters in a way where they look comparable to hardware that's stronger.

I am sure if Kirby was rendered on the PS3 or 360, he wouldn't look much better than his GC and eventual Wii incarnations.

Even though your illogical fanboy damage control may be true, Boy that game sure is pretty.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Trading_Zoner
[QUOTE="Trading_Zoner"]mario galaxy looks like a solid game with some interesting visual effects.

mushroomscout89
:3 Its funny how you can say its a solid game, even though your haven't played it. I know you are just speculating, but speculate intelligently.

I said it LOOKS like a solid game.

WTF? :?
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Teh_Stevz
[QUOTE="mushroomscout89"][QUOTE="Suyomizzle_"]

Even though your illogical fanboy damage control may be true, Boy that game sure is pretty.

I don't think that's damage control... They have a point. I feel the same way about Loco Roco. No amount of power could improve those visuals.
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

I just scrolled down the page, and I saw the pictures of the planets zoom by. I honestly thought someone just posted pics by NASA of real planets. o_O

Although I don't think the real planets that we know about have evil plants trying to eat you. >_>

Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Suyomizzle_
[QUOTE="mushroomscout89"][QUOTE="Suyomizzle_"]

Illogical fanboy damage control? If anything, that's a benefit to the Wii, and a possibly another explaination as to why Nintendo decided to use weaker graphical hardware than the 360 and PS3. I own a Wii, and I am saying that the Nintendo games will look compairable to the other titles this gen because the characters are so easy to render. Jeez,

Nintendo fans sure are on edge...
Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Suyomizzle_
[QUOTE="mushroomscout89"][QUOTE="Trading_Zoner"]mario galaxy looks like a solid game with some interesting visual effects.

Trading_Zoner

He's jumping on everybody, it seems...
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Trading_Zoner
[QUOTE="Trading_Zoner"][QUOTE="mushroomscout89"][QUOTE="Trading_Zoner"]mario galaxy looks like a solid game with some interesting visual effects.

Suyomizzle_

Yeah, I noticed that.
Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Suyomizzle_
[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"][QUOTE="mushroomscout89"][QUOTE="Suyomizzle_"]

I don't think that's damage control... They have a point. I feel the same way about Loco Roco. No amount of power could improve those visuals.

It's the same with a lot of games that have a very unique and well envisioned art style (like Okami, Zelda: WW, and Wario Ware off the top of my head...)
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Looks great, I mean its no way near what a PS3 or 360 could do, but you can't say it doesn't look good. I am pleased by it, and that video actually makes me want it more.
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Teh_Stevz
[QUOTE="Suyomizzle_"][QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"][QUOTE="mushroomscout89"][QUOTE="Suyomizzle_"]

It's the same with a lot of games that have a very unique and well invisioned art style (like Okami, Zelda: WW, and Wario Ware off the top of my head...)

IMO... I think Loco Roco has the best graphics in general.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Trading_Zoner
I simply decided to post a game that had a similar style to SMG from a PC to prove that the Wii could compare to "next-gen" graphics.
nintendofreak_2

:lol:

Sure you can compare, but Wii would fall tremendously short.

Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Suyomizzle_
[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"] IMO... I think Loco Roco has the best graphics in general.

Haven't played it or really looked at detailed screens of it, but I'll definitely check it out now that you mention it, I love games with good art direction.
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mushroomscout89
[QUOTE="Trading_Zoner"][QUOTE="mushroomscout89"][QUOTE="Trading_Zoner"]mario galaxy looks like a solid game with some interesting visual effects.

Suyomizzle_

:3 Yes. I'm excited.