Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

VR is a failure face it (yes I've tried it, in fact I have a vr set for my samsung edge). Outside of the minority in gaming no one gives a **** about VR, it was the same with motion controls and 3D. Just cause something is new and flashy doesn't make it cool, people need to seriously stop with this shit cause it's already getting out of hand with cell phones/tablets (hell even cars are the same, lets face it we all at some point wanted the newiest car) and now it's becoming a plague in gaming and other tech.

VR is gonna fail cause numerous genres simply won't work in VR or you need some serious $$$ for other devices so you can even play a certain genres like racing games. Imagine playing Geow 4, cause honestly I cant I just don't see a genre like a tps transitioning well into VR, like the recent total war warhammer? yea rts/strategy genre(s) won't even work in VR.

Do yourself a favor, get your head out of your asses, think "should I spend numerous amounts of money on a product that's not gonna work cause the tech isn't there for half the genres out there amoung numerous other reasons", then when you decide no, you just learned a thing called common sense.

Don't be one of those people that supported 3D and motion controls, speak with your wallet and tell those twerps to invest in all that money from tech to games, cause instead of new tech we need some new games more than anything.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

@commander said:

Vr will be a major hit in the arcade halls, the manufacturers just don't realize that yet. They don't have to make this thing cheaper, they have to make it better, smaller, better resolution. Then you will be playing a lifelike call of duty in a arcade hall that is the size of a shopping mall. Entry fee will be slightly higher than disneyland and you will be making reservations from days ahead.

Complete new sports will be invented because of this tech.

Just like the arcade in the 80's you will need a designated system. Something that is extremely stable and has a crazy amount of horse power to run the sets at 8-16k. The home versions will be there, just like the home consoles in the eighties and nineties but it will not be as good as the real deal. Home vr will be succesfull but it won't stay that way, ar that can also do vr is where the future is at for home devices.

The vive is in no man's land at the moment, it's too expensive for the average consumer and it doesn't have any product selling games.

Yeah, VR thrives in amusment parks/arcades moreso than home use.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@Ballroompirate: LOL You've tried a Samsung Gear VR and now you're an expert on all VR? That's kinda like saying, "Mexican food sucks. I know because I've had Taco Bell" or "Smartphones suck for web browsing. I know because I have a Samsung Gusto 3". Should a person judge all video games from those available on the Google Play store? And since when did something have to be perfect for every genre? Is a gamepad good for Total War? Is a keyboard good for rFactor?

You want more games? Metacritic lists 107 titles rated 75 and above for the PS4 this year, and that's before the always packed fall release schedule. How many more do you want?

Perhaps you should take your own advice and remove your own head from your ass and realize that some people want the increased immersion VR brings to some of their favorite genres or are excited for new possibilities that VR provides, like new genres, more immersive videos and art.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#54 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@so_hai: VR doesn't need to "solve" anything. It is its own medium, and your post makes me suspect you've yet to try it, as many others in here do as well. VR literally changes the way you play. Your movements and play area you walk around in become the controller (at least in room scale with the Vive), and intuitiveness and immersion are the keys.

I feel sorry for people who write this tech off or desire its failure. Probably some because they cannot afford it, or lack the room or PC to run it. Others, because they're myopic fools. Really, it couldn't be more different from traditional gaming as we've known it.

Fine, if the technology doesn't answer any real-world demand then I don't expect you to complain if it isn't being adopted. Also, all you did was re-explain how it works, not why it's desirable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Pedro said:
@commander said:

Vr will be a major hit in the arcade halls, the manufacturers just don't realize that yet. They don't have to make this thing cheaper, they have to make it better, smaller, better resolution. Then you will be playing a lifelike call of duty in a arcade hall that is the size of a shopping mall. Entry fee will be slightly higher than disneyland and you will be making reservations from days ahead.

Just like the arcade in the 80's you will need a designated system. Something that is extremely stable and has a crazy amount of horse power to run the sets at 8-16k. The home versions will be there, just like the home consoles in the eighties and nineties but it will not be as good as the real deal. Home vr will be succesfull but it won't stay that way, ar that can also do vr is where the future is at for home devices.

The vive is in no man's land at the moment, it's too expensive for the average consumer and it doesn't have any product selling games.

Bingo. That is the future of VR.

bullshit... people would of said the same thing about many arcade focused genres years back... when home consoles were crap for them.

I like how people always mix "Gimmick" and "Enthusiast" up ... as if if everyone is entitled to all the best technology without some cost... god forbid.

Ironic from a forum where you see consolites brag about getting Sony Bravia (back then) .. and now think everything that isn't a 8k HDR OLED TV (£2000+) isnt worth the cost.,.. for better bloody colour and resolution... fantastic.

The irony being I wouldn't be suprised if the next gen VR headsets (high end) will have 4k, HDR and already have OLED at a lower price point than these fixed panel screens with ridiculous prices... and and next to no value over your current TVs...

Meanwhile screen size isn't an issue with VR. sure, price, comfort and effort is an issue of a NEW technology... but when is it not?

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@nygamespotter said:

Surprise, surprise. Fad turned out to be a fad.

Nah, it will be wildly successful, give it a year to mature for additional content and lower price on the hardware.

People don't understand many people cannot afford it, whereas the kinect was extremely affordable.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

It's funny how Lems lack basic common sense. Vive and Oculus is for PC users who have the system to run it. Most casuals own MAC then a PC, which is why the number is low for those two head sets. But PS4 has 40 million users that have a system to run PSVR headset, so I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of casuals buying up PSVR, especially during the holiday season.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46673 Posts

@Liquid_ said:
@nygamespotter said:

Surprise, surprise. Fad turned out to be a fad.

Nah, it will be wildly successful, give it a year to mature for additional content and lower price on the hardware.

People don't understand many people cannot afford it, whereas the kinect was extremely affordable.

and still nobody wanted it...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

So many stupid people in this thread. This thread just shows you how ignorant people in SW are.

People saying VR is a "gimmick" without trying it are a bunch of idiots. It's not a gimmick at all, it's a revolutionary way of playing games and enjoying entertainment. The sense of immersion you get from VR is unparalleled in any medium. It completely blows away traditional 2D displays and even 3DTVs. I can tell a lot of the people in SW haven't tried proper VR. Some of them have tried shitty Samsung Gear or Google cardboard and think they know what VR is lol. That's like driving a Pinto and thinking you're an expert on Lamborghinis.

Some people are just mad they can't afford one while some are mad it's not on a system they own and they want it to fail. Simply idiocy at its finest. No one should ever want technology to fail especially revolutionary tech like this. If anyone of you has ever tried a horror game in VR you would know just how much it totally changes gaming and other media. I'm a pretty big guy not scared of horror movies or games in 2D but VR had me scared like I haven't been since I was a kid when I was playing the RE7 Kitchen demo. The sense of immersion was unbelievable, my mind knew it wasn't real but it didn't matter because VR plays tricks with your mind in a way that 2D media can't.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Brah4ever

@MBirdy88 said:
@Pedro said:
@commander said:

bullshit... people would of said the same thing about many arcade focused genres years back... when home consoles were crap for them.

I like how people always mix "Gimmick" and "Enthusiast" up ... as if if everyone is entitled to all the best technology without some cost... god forbid.

Ironic from a forum where you see consolites brag about getting Sony Bravia (back then) .. and now think everything that isn't a 8k HDR OLED TV (£2000+) isnt worth the cost.,.. for better bloody colour and resolution... fantastic.

The irony being I wouldn't be suprised if the next gen VR headsets (high end) will have 4k, HDR and already have OLED at a lower price point than these fixed panel screens with ridiculous prices... and and next to no value over your current TVs...

Meanwhile screen size isn't an issue with VR. sure, price, comfort and effort is an issue of a NEW technology... but when is it not?

Not sure if cereal

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Brah4ever

@quadknight said:

So many stupid people in this thread. This thread just shows you how ignorant people in SW are.

People saying VR is a "gimmick" without trying it are a bunch of idiots. It's not a gimmick at all, it's a revolutionary way of playing games and enjoying entertainment. The sense of immersion you get from VR is unparalleled in any medium. It completely blows away traditional 2D displays and even 3DTVs. I can tell a lot of the people in SW haven't tried proper VR. Some of them have tried shitty Samsung Gear or Google cardboard and think they know what VR is lol. That's like driving a Pinto and thinking you're an expert on Lamborghinis.

Some people are just mad they can't afford one while some are mad it's not on a system they own and they want it to fail. Simply idiocy at its finest. No one should ever want technology to fail especially revolutionary tech like this. If anyone of you has ever tried a horror game in VR you would know just how much it totally changes gaming and other media. I'm a pretty big guy not scared of horror movies or games in 2D but VR had me scared like I haven't been since I was a kid when I was playing the RE7 Kitchen demo. The sense of immersion was unbelievable, my mind knew it wasn't real but it didn't matter because VR plays tricks with your mind in a way that 2D media can't.

Bro, I've used VR. Occulus and PSVR.

They are both gimmicks in the same way 3D was considered a gimmick, I was a major fan of 3D as well (Stereoscopic).

At the end of the day, most devices that require set up and aren't as simple as hopping on the couch end up as items similar to steering wheels, in other words used on occasions.

VR appeals to hardcore gamers and tech nerds, which aren't the majority of consumers. You think the average Kadashian viewer or just average consumer cares at all about things like 4K (checkout how those are selling), VR or whatever? To them if it works and looks good that's all they care about. VR doesn't look cool, in fact you look pretty dumb with it on and that alone will scare of the casuals (where the $ comes from).

A good Plasma/OLED (yeah Plasmas are extinct but they produce accurate pictures) shits all over VR and this is coming from someone whose actually dedicated time to using the VR and not just talking out of his ass.

VR isn't a money issue for me either, I'm just not dumb enough to fall for marketing hype for something that will be in the clearance bin a year from now (similar to Kinect).

VR also isn't social either, "Super Bowl party at my place guys!" Oh wait....everyone needs their OWN VR headset where you can't see each other and look dumb (to the general public), so much for that social experience.

VR is just a buzzword on the internet, in the real world. Nobody cares.

inb4 PSVR is sold out everywhere! No it's not and Occulus and Vive were hot for a little while before falling off the face of the earth when the early adopters all got their own.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

Not planning on early adopting anything anymore. Will wait until the 2nd or 3rd generation of VR content, devices and technology.

Buy an expensive PS4 Pro, expensive VR and then all the other crap before you even get to the games, same on the PC. There doesn't seem to be a lot of substantial content, just a load of mini games or tech demos. Until substantial content comes that proves its worth, this is the same Wiimote and Kinect.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By QuadKnight

@brah4ever said:
@quadknight said:

They are both gimmicks in the same way 3D was considered a gimmick, I was a major fan of 3D as well (Stereoscopic).

At the end of the day, most devices that require set up and aren't as simple as hopping on the couch end up as items similar to steering wheels, in other words used on occasions.

VR appeals to hardcore gamers and tech nerds, which aren't the majority of consumers. VR doesn't look cool, in fact you look pretty dumb with it on and that alone will scare of the casuals (where the $ comes from).

A good Plasma/OLED (yeah Plasmas are extinct but they produce accurate pictures) shits all over VR and this is coming from someone whose actually dedicated time to using the VR and not just talking out of his ass.

VR isn't a money issue for me either, I'm just not dumb enough to fall for marketing hype for something that will be in the clearance bin a year from now (similar to Kinect).

VR also isn't social either, "Super Bowl at my place guys!" Oh wait everyone needs their OWN VR headset where you can't see each other, so much for that social experience.

How long have you used them? The fact you say VR isn't social has me questioning the time and quality of games you played on it.

The playroom VR games are extremely social since your friends can see what you're doing on the main TV screen and are even there to help you with a second controller. It sounds to me like you either need to play better VR games or spend more time with it. Eve Valkyrie is so immersive in VR that it's making it hard for me to go back to playing Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous without VR. Driveclub is insane in VR, I can only imagine what future Forza and GT games will be like in VR. If they are anything like Driveclub I won't be going back to playing traditional driving sims on a flatscreen. There's a platforming game in Playroom VR and it's incredible and I can already see the mind-blowing applications for VR in plaformers.

You may not be one of those ignorant SW's I was talking about but you definitely need to play VR more and experience all it has to offer before you dismiss it.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Brah4ever

@quadknight said:
@brah4ever said:
@quadknight said:

VR appeals to hardcore gamers and tech nerds, which aren't the majority of consumers. VR doesn't look cool, in fact you look pretty dumb with it on and that alone will scare of the casuals (where the $ comes from).

VR also isn't social either, "Super Bowl at my place guys!" Oh wait everyone needs their OWN VR headset where you can't see each other, so much for that social experience.

How long have you used them? The fact you say VR isn't social has me questioning the time and quality of games you played on it.

The playroom VR games are extremely social since your friends can see what you're doing on the main TV screen and are even there to help you with a second controller. It sounds to me like you either need to play better VR games or spend more time with it. Eve Valkyrie is so immersive in VR that it's making it hard for me to go back to playing Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous without VR. Driveclub is insane in VR, I can only imagine what future Forza and GT games will be like in VR. If they are anything like Driveclub I won't be going back to playing traditional driving sims on a flatscreen. There's a platforming game in Playroom VR and it's incredible and I can already see the mind-blowing applications for VR in plaformers.

You may not be one of those ignorant SW's I was talking about but you definitely need to play VR more and experience all it has to offer before you dismiss it.

If MS was pushing VR and Sony was on the sidelines watching like MS, would you be defending it like this? :p

I've used it for a couple of hours, most of the games remind me of the Wii, tech demos.

One aspect of social gaming is being able to see who you are playing with, a headset on your face restricts this.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By QuadKnight

@brah4ever said:
@quadknight said:
@brah4ever said:
@quadknight said:

If MS was pushing VR would you be defending it like this? :p

One aspect of social gaming is being able to see who you are playing with, a headset on your face restricts this.

Yes I would. I've always been a fan of VR since I was a kid. It has always been my dream to play Star Wars and other space sims in VR.

If MS was pushing affordable VR I'd be fully behind them too. This isn't a fanboy thing I truly believe VR is the future of gaming and I support any company pushing it forward. It's why I also plan to get a Vive in the future.

You see who you're playing with virtually and it seriously makes up for not seeing their face. When your friend is in the same virtual room messing with you and you're both trash-talking each other its an amazing experience.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Brah4ever

@quadknight said:
@brah4ever said:
@quadknight said:
@brah4ever said:
@quadknight said:

Yes I would. I've always been a fan of VR since I was a kid. It has always been my dream to play Star Wars and other space sims in VR.

If MS was pushing affordable VR I'd be fully behind them too. This isn't a fanboy thing I truly believe VR is the future of gaming and I support any company pushing it forward. It's why I also plan to get a Vive in the future.

You see who you're playing with virtually and it seriously makes up for not seeing their face. When your friend is in the same virtual room messing with you and you're both trash-talking each other its an amazing experience.

Dat you?
Dat you?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 QuadKnight

@brah4ever said:
@quadknight said:
@brah4ever said:

Dat you?
Dat you?

lol no. Your other friend doesn't have the headset on BTW.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Brah4ever

@quadknight said:
@brah4ever said:
@quadknight said:
@brah4ever said:

Dat you?
Dat you?

lol no. Your other friend doesn't have the headset on BTW.

Thing about VR though is that it isn't really "Virtual Reality"

Think Sword Art Online or The Matrix, that's Virtual Reality.

Current VR is attaching a device to your head with 2 screens.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ballroompirate

@asylumni said:

@Ballroompirate: LOL You've tried a Samsung Gear VR and now you're an expert on all VR? That's kinda like saying, "Mexican food sucks. I know because I've had Taco Bell" or "Smartphones suck for web browsing. I know because I have a Samsung Gusto 3". Should a person judge all video games from those available on the Google Play store? And since when did something have to be perfect for every genre? Is a gamepad good for Total War? Is a keyboard good for rFactor?

You want more games? Metacritic lists 107 titles rated 75 and above for the PS4 this year, and that's before the always packed fall release schedule. How many more do you want?

Perhaps you should take your own advice and remove your own head from your ass and realize that some people want the increased immersion VR brings to some of their favorite genres or are excited for new possibilities that VR provides, like new genres, more immersive videos and art.

VR is VR, like the stupidity you just spewed was eye gouging, the shit you just said is like saying 3D movies is not the same as 3D games or Kinect is totally different from PS Move, when in reality IT'S THE SAME SHIT.

Do us all a favor and never procreate cause not only the dumb shit you just said, but you're part of the problem in society, I bet you're one of those derps that bought into motion controls and 3D gaming.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 QuadKnight

@brah4ever: You really need to try Resident Evil Kitchen demo or Here They Lie in VR bro. After you do that you can make up your mind whether VR is worth it or not.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ballroompirate

@quadknight said:

Look a butthurt VR fanboy, you know why people/gamers (not the minority) aren't buying into VR, it's cause VR is a phad just like 3D and motion controls. People aren't mad cause they can't afford it, they don't like VR cause it's a gimmick. Seriously name 10 successful motion control games and 10 successful 3D games, guess what you can't cause most of them were ether mediocre or shovelware.

You could literally hand me a free PSVR or Vive and I would just turn around and sell it. The only time I will ever support VR is when technology (if ever) gets to the point of a holodeck via Star Trek lvls of VR.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By QuadKnight

@Ballroompirate: You should change your name to Bullshitpirate because that's all I saw from your shit post. GTFO dude, stop being an ignorant hater. Something tells me you haven't even used proper VR at all and are just hating because mommy won't buy it for you. Drown in your salt, I and others will continue to enjoy VR.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Ballroompirate

@quadknight said:

@Ballroompirate: You should change your name to Bullshitpirate because that's all I saw from your shit post. GTFO dude, stop being an ignorant hater. Something tells me you haven't even used proper VR at all and are just hating because mommy won't buy it for you. Drown in your salt, I and others will continue to enjoy VR.

Ignorant hater? lol it's called having standards and knowing not to fully buy into bullcrap phads, oh also I must not know anything about VR lol gtfo

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Why does everyone use retail price and never include tax? I mean what you're actually paying out of pocket, especially for something as expensive as VR is no joke and can break a comparison. My states 7%

Vive: 899.82 which includes shipping, because of course no one is selling the damn thing in their stores, unlike PSVR which is in every store flyer right now, that's $41.95 just to ship the darn thing..and yes I actually paid that and regret it at least for now. Not so much for the unit or even the cost, I can afford it. But the lack of good games, I figured there would some cool, graphical powerhouse titles out by holidays and all that exists is a bunch of outdated looking indie games for the most part. Like PS2 quality graphics n shit. There's a few of course, some are very interesting when you first play them but once the VR wow fades, so does the fun in gameplay. However if you go to Steam forums, those fanboys flat our ape rage over any such talk. I don't justify jack nor do I have to, either it's good or it isn't. I don't get bummed about anything under $1k. Try watching your on your house value drop below your mortgage if you want to talk about justifying money.

PSVR: $427.99 ...bit difference there. Well alright, you have to include the full package since most likely don't have a PS eye anyway. So $534.99 would be a closer comparison to Vive if you got that PSVR bundle so you save $322.88 not including the cost of shipping the Vive. Then if you wanted to include a PC rig capable vs a PS4 but no sense in going there, high powered PC games rock.....Plus a PSVR does appear to be a lot more streamlined. Still quite a few wires and you have that big box compared to Vive's tiny connector box, the lighthouses require a power outlet near to each one and it's kinda big. Bluetooth either will work for you or it won't. Mine used to shut down and when I reinstalled Windows it never would work again despite being paired. But once they shut down, they take foreeeever for both to kick on after you get a warning dialog box stating your lighthouses are not connected. The Vive isn't comfortable at all, to hell with any liar fanboys that try to claim I don't put it on right, whatever. And if you want to play non VR games with the Vive, yeah it works well as a large screen TV, you can curve it, have a theater room...etc BUT you cannot see your keyboard, you have to feel around for your controller or if you swap between Vive controllers and another controller.....lol. If you try to flip it up on your head like Splinter Cell's night goggles then you had a stupid thought because it won't stay up like that, it's too heavy.

If PSVR's games show promise after the holidays, I'll probably get one and the Pro. I also like how Sony made a charging and display stand that holds your PSVR, the motion controllers and a controller, makes it all look like a polished and streamlined lot. My Vive just sits in a drawer, the controllers, Steam controller and HP's are scattered in another drawer, not very tidy, wish they made a nice display stand like this for it. However if some good VR games make it to Vive, then I'll stick with it but Skyrim, Fallout 4 have long been played to death so I don't see those as AAA games coming to Vive, I just see them as being fine for a more immersive replay but without mods, neither are that great. So where the hell's the Dishonored 2 VR or Kingdom Come VR options? Vive owners don't even get a VR option for RE 7 but Sony does. So don't let other Vive/Rift owners fool you with their 500 + game library of demo's and PS2 era indie games.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@Pedro said:
@commander said:

what bullshit, apparently you don't understand the law of economics. Sure manufacturers can make a profit on vr headsets but if games are not made for them it's going to die quite quickly. There isn't a big market for them and it's not like people have to renew their headset on a regular basis.

Vr is being sold now only because of potential and novelty. It's not being sold because of the killer games on them. The big games won't come either as long as there isn't a big userbase and that big userbase won't come at 800$ a headset that also requires a 1000$+ pc and enough room for several fitness appliances. Not to mention a lot of people with money are married and I can't see the wifey being a big fan of this either.

When vr is becoming cheaper AR will be a lot more feasible (hololens) and that will be a lot more practical than vr.

So yes the whole vr at home will stay a gimmick, there's just not enough people that will buy into it. If you think a developper will spend 100 million dollars or more for you and a handfull of your geek friends I suggest you snap out of it, it ain't going to happen. It will happen with ar devices though, because that's a lot more workable.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By QuadKnight

@Ballroompirate: lol Gear VR, the ghetto VR experience. GTFO clown, I knew you were a troll. Gear VR is utter trash next to PSVR, Oculus, and Vive. Saying you've experienced proper VR with Gear VR is like saying you're a professional MMA fighter because you took some karate lessons during the weekend. You're a clueless moron just like I thought.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Brah4ever

@quadknight said:

@Ballroompirate: lol Gear VR, the ghetto VR experience. GTFO clown, I knew you were a troll. Gear VR is utter trash next to PSVR, Oculus, and Vive. Saying you've experienced proper VR with Gear VR is like saying you're a professional MMA fighter because you took some karate lessons during the weekend. You're a clueless moron just like I thought.

dew you train UFC, bro?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Ballroompirate

@quadknight said:

Such a fanboy lol, no seriously prove me wrong or you're just another upset fanboy getting **** slapped. VR is VR, seriously out side of a higher resolution and frame rate the difference between a cell phone VR and console VR is LITERALLY NOTHING. I bet you think kinect and PSmove are completely different LOL XD. It's like you have no idea what VR is and your just pissed cause I slapped the **** out of you, you're literally comparing a 2001 Ford F-250 to a 2006 Ford F-250.

This is literally you lol XD

quadfangirlknight- "bro your F-250 is a 2001 so it's not a F-250 at all cause it's not a 2006, do you even lift bro cause that F-250 is like not even a 250"

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17700 Posts

@so_hai said:
@MirkoS77 said:

@so_hai: VR doesn't need to "solve" anything. It is its own medium, and your post makes me suspect you've yet to try it, as many others in here do as well. VR literally changes the way you play. Your movements and play area you walk around in become the controller (at least in room scale with the Vive), and intuitiveness and immersion are the keys.

I feel sorry for people who write this tech off or desire its failure. Probably some because they cannot afford it, or lack the room or PC to run it. Others, because they're myopic fools. Really, it couldn't be more different from traditional gaming as we've known it.

Fine, if the technology doesn't answer any real-world demand then I don't expect you to complain if it isn't being adopted. Also, all you did was re-explain how it works, not why it's desirable.

How do you correlate demand with lack of adoption while apparently ignoring factors such a cost prohibitiveness, ease of set-up, room to utilize, early and sparse software, among others? There's demand out there, it's just it's precluded. That's why it's not being widespread adopted, not for lack of want though as far as I'm aware, Sony's VR got off to a good start that demonstrates demand given its $400 price tag not including the PS4. As for desirability: why is anything desirable? Who are you to say it is or isn't?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Rigs is the GOTY for 2016. I can't hype this game enough. It isn't just PSVRs killer app, it's this generations killer app.

Put Rocket League in VR, flesh everything out in single player, create multiple game modes and you have Rigs. VR adds a ton to the experience and it plays like a dream. I was almost in tears playing it today it was so good. I haven't felt this way playing a game since Mario 64 or Sonic CD.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:
@quadknight said:

Ignorant hater? lol it's called having standards and knowing not to fully buy into bullcrap phads, oh also I must not know anything about VR lol gtfoNo Caption Provided

Tries GEAR VR

All of a sudden has a PHD in VR

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

I bought a Galaxy S7 (and got the free 256gb card) and now going to buy a VR Gear for it.

It's the cheapest VR option besides the cardboard box method.

PC VR is halting because it very expensive, both the VR helmets and the GPUs required for it.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Rigs is the GOTY for 2016. I can't hype this game enough. It isn't just PSVRs killer app, it's this generations killer app.

Put Rocket League in VR, flesh everything out in single player, create multiple game modes and you have Rigs. VR adds a ton to the experience and it plays like a dream. I was almost in tears playing it today it was so good. I haven't felt this way playing a game since Mario 64 or Sonic CD.

Not sure if serious but it's a 6 here and not sure if they give GOTY for games that's a 6 here. Maybe it's your personal GOTY. I don't think GameSpot like games that has "Rigs" in the title.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 asylumni

@Ballroompirate said:
@asylumni said:

VR is VR, like the stupidity you just spewed was eye gouging, the shit you just said is like saying 3D movies is not the same as 3D games or Kinect is totally different from PS Move, when in reality IT'S THE SAME SHIT.

Do us all a favor and never procreate cause not only the dumb shit you just said, but you're part of the problem in society, I bet you're one of those derps that bought into motion controls and 3D gaming.

LOL, you can't argue any of the points I made so you make up things and argue against them. What I'm saying is akin to watching a movie on VHS and a 20" CRT is not the same as seeing it at a 3D Imax theater. What you are saying is it's the same thing. It's not. Whether it's worth the cost is up to the individual, but the difference is there, regardless. Similarly, there is a large difference between a Gear VR and PS VR. Gear simply tracks your head movement and you are little more than a passive observer, staring at things to activate them or move. PS VR tracks your head and move controllers in full three dimensional space, not just pivoting in a spot. This allows much more direct interaction and a greater sense of presence in the virtual space. Then there's the greater refresh rate giving a smoother experience, plus greater processing capabilities granting greater interactivity. Even with a lower resolution, the PS VR has a much less noticeable screen door effect. The Gear VR is just a small taste of what's possible, it's not the epitome.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#86 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

PSVR is going to be the real metric for VR in gaming because the potential audience is already there and the headset is cheaper. If PSVR doesn't sell 2 million+ in it's first year, then VR is going to struggle for years to come.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By QuadKnight

@Ballroompirate said:
@quadknight said:

Such a fanboy lol, no seriously prove me wrong or you're just another upset fanboy getting **** slapped. VR is VR, seriously out side of a higher resolution and frame rate the difference between a cell phone VR and console VR is LITERALLY NOTHING. I bet you think kinect and PSmove are completely different LOL XD. It's like you have no idea what VR is and your just pissed cause I slapped the **** out of you, you're literally comparing a 2001 Ford F-250 to a 2006 Ford F-250.

This is literally you lol XD

quadfangirlknight- "bro your F-250 is a 2001 so it's not a F-250 at all cause it's not a 2006, do you even lift bro cause that F-250 is like not even a 250"

You're an idiot, you know that?

There's a reason why Samsung Gear costs less than $60, it's a cheap piece of crap and arguably the shittiest VR solution. If you can't see that then you're a moron. What you're doing is the equivalent of comparing this...

Samsung Gear VR
Samsung Gear VR

to these....

Oculus, Vive, PSVR
Oculus, Vive, PSVR

Yea, they are all automobiles but one is definitely shittier than the others in every way. You freaking get what you pay for in with Samsung Gear VR, it's not comparable in anyway to Oculus, Vive or PSVR. It's a cheap VR solution for people that can't afford the real deal. Why is it so hard for you to understand? You can't be that stupid.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Rigs really is a fantastic game. It's not GotY material IMO, but it happened twice, that I booted the game and suddenly it was 3, 4 hours later. It is so entertaining. It does have some small issues though, I hate that you can't change your online sponsor contract between online matches without exiting it. It would have been a perfect function to use while you wait for the next round to start.

Yesterday I had a friend over to play some "THE PLAYROOM VR". I was surprised how well it worked, reminded me a bit of Nintendoland games, but they were worse. Ghosthunting however was a fantastic experience for both, the guy using VR and the other shouting where the ghost hides xD

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Not very many people will want to sit around with a stupid a$$ headset on. Remember what happened with 3D glasses, they went down the drain because people didn't want to wear the glasses. Bring on the tech without having to wear something and everyone will buy it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@commander said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Pedro said:
@commander said:

what bullshit, apparently you don't understand the law of economics. Sure manufacturers can make a profit on vr headsets but if games are not made for them it's going to die quite quickly. There isn't a big market for them and it's not like people have to renew their headset on a regular basis.

Vr is being sold now only because of potential and novelty. It's not being sold because of the killer games on them. The big games won't come either as long as there isn't a big userbase and that big userbase won't come at 800$ a headset that also requires a 1000$+ pc and enough room for several fitness appliances. Not to mention a lot of people with money are married and I can't see the wifey being a big fan of this either.

When vr is becoming cheaper AR will be a lot more feasible (hololens) and that will be a lot more practical than vr.

So yes the whole vr at home will stay a gimmick, there's just not enough people that will buy into it. If you think a developper will spend 100 million dollars or more for you and a handfull of your geek friends I suggest you snap out of it, it ain't going to happen. It will happen with ar devices though, because that's a lot more workable.

Whoa thank you for the enlightenment I now completely understand...

Your just rehashing the same nonsense "ITS NOT AFFORDABLE FOR ME NOW SO ITS DEAD! GIMMICK!"

Funny how you manage to praise Hololens in the same sentence when in reality that tech is even further out and suffers from many of the same problems. you make it sound like they can't co-exist, they serve different purposes. Hell this part of the arguement is probably going to be redundant as you may get both in one as some sort of device.

Good luck waiting for hololens to fit in a pair of stylish glasses... the only time it will ever be even close to mainstream.

A VR headset, at its core, is a fully fielded screen on your eyes that tracks your head movement, none of this other stuff you mention, VALVE went full ret*ard with the whole light room nonsense. but the base-functionality of VR headsets can replace TV's and Monitors in MANY ways.

Gotta start selling the tech at some point... most first iterations of technology were far from great. so yea, I expected the current wave of headsets to sell poorly like most rational people would.

As for games? f*ck it... what do you want? all VR was ever going to do for gaming in the short term was enhance certain genres. I think people needs to keep their hype in check, this ain't about being plugged into the matrix yet.

All I ever wanted VR for was enhanced 1st person games, sim games (cockpits etc) being able to watch TV/Videos/Films in the most isolated/immersive way possible... even the current crop of headsets tick all those boxes... and these are the first generation ones..

and I once again have to laugh at a forum that is bragging about 8k OLED HDR TV's ..... f*cking hell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@rrjim1 said:

Not very many people will want to sit around with a stupid a$$ headset on. Remember what happened with 3D glasses, they went down the drain because people didn't want to wear the glasses. Bring on the tech without having to wear something and everyone will buy it!

so you basically want magic.

3D glasses failed because 3D was poor on TVs... it was NEVER that good.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
@gago-gago said:

Not sure if serious but it's a 6 here and not sure if they give GOTY for games that's a 6 here. Maybe it's your personal GOTY. I don't think GameSpot like games that has "Rigs" in the title.

Of course Gamespots 6 is the lowest score given by a gaming site. The review is also pretty silly. I mean, look at the negatives in the review. Hard to find a match??? Why would anyone expect to easily find matches BEFORE a game launches to the public? Isn't this exactly why most sites hold back reviews of multiplayer games? And too many mech options? GTFO. Justin Haywald has joined Mike Mahardy in my "reviewers I'm not paying any attention to" list on Gamespot.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@commander said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Pedro said:

Your just rehashing the same nonsense "ITS NOT AFFORDABLE FOR ME NOW SO ITS DEAD! GIMMICK!"

Funny how you manage to praise Hololens in the same sentence when in reality that tech is even further out and suffers from many of the same problems. you make it sound like they can't co-exist, they serve different purposes. Hell this part of the arguement is probably going to be redundant as you may get both in one as some sort of device.

Good luck waiting for hololens to fit in a pair of stylish glasses... the only time it will ever be even close to mainstream.

A VR headset, at its core, is a fully fielded screen on your eyes that tracks your head movement, none of this other stuff you mention, VALVE went full ret*ard with the whole light room nonsense. but the base-functionality of VR headsets can replace TV's and Monitors in MANY ways.

Gotta start selling the tech at some point... most first iterations of technology were far from great. so yea, I expected the current wave of headsets to sell poorly like most rational people would.

As for games? f*ck it... what do you want? all VR was ever going to do for gaming in the short term was enhance certain genres. I think people needs to keep their hype in check, this ain't about being plugged into the matrix yet.

All I ever wanted VR for was enhanced 1st person games, sim games (cockpits etc) being able to watch TV/Videos/Films in the most isolated/immersive way possible... even the current crop of headsets tick all those boxes... and these are the first generation ones..

and I once again have to laugh at a forum that is bragging about 8k OLED HDR TV's ..... f*cking hell.

What I can afford or not afford has nothing to do with it, I would gladly have fleshed out vr games. The point is that the price point for this is way too high for mass consumption and that is what games thrive upon. 50$ doesn't cover the production costs of a game, you need hundreds of thousands of sales to even break even. So if there's less buyers the price will go up.

Vr doesn't have a lot of customers as you can clearly see in the sale stats, which means games will only be viable in arcade halls and/or at ridiculous prices. Of course now it's going to sell on the ps4, just like the wii was selling because it's a novelty, but it won't stay that way. The psvr will not keep on selling, not everyone has 500$ to spend on a pheriperal, especially not for mediocre vr games. For sony this is mostly to keep their brand interesting, it's certainly a plus that you know when you buy a ps4, a vr headset is available on that system as well.

Yes ar is further out but it's a lot more workable in a home environment. IF you think vr will replace tv's you really need to get in touch with reality a bit more, people don't like to be comletely gone from reality for various reasons, keeping an eye on the children for instance.

opticaLiLusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 opticaLiLusion
Member since 2016 • 78 Posts

@quadknight said:

@brah4ever: You really need to try Resident Evil Kitchen demo or Here They Lie in VR bro. After you do that you can make up your mind whether VR is worth it or not.

This^

Resident Evil 7 is my killer app for VR. That Kitchen Demo sold me, RE7 will have appeal in VR as it will be one of the AAA full game titles to utilize VR. Also watching everyone that I strap the headset onto squirm during it is almost as much fun as using it myself lol. I feel like this can breathe new life into the horror genre.

Until Dawn Rush of Blood also surprised me, again I love the horror vibe, but it breathed fresh air into light gun/rail shooter games. While gameplay at it's core is pretty much the same, aim and shoot, Rush of Blood in VR adds a whole extra layer that breathes new life into the age old genre.

I do have to still try the Here They Lie. I'm still working my way through the demo disc.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 asylumni

@GoldenElementXL said:

Of course Gamespots 6 is the lowest score given by a gaming site. The review is also pretty silly. I mean, look at the negatives in the review. Hard to find a match??? Why would anyone expect to easily find matches BEFORE a game launches to the public? Isn't this exactly why most sites hold back reviews of multiplayer games? And too many mech options? GTFO. Justin Haywald has joined Mike Mahardy in my "reviewers I'm not paying any attention to" list on Gamespot.

Yeah, I feel similarly about the Until Dawn: Rush of Blood review. I don't know what Peter Brown was expecting from a $20 light gun type game, maybe sad it didn't scare him enough to soil himself? It nails the atmosphere, works great with the headset and move controllers, yet a 5/10?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@commander said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@commander said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Pedro said:

What I can afford or not afford has nothing to do with it, I would gladly have fleshed out vr games. The point is that the price point for this is way too high for mass consumption and that is what games thrive upon. 50$ doesn't cover the production costs of a game, you need hundreds of thousands of sales to even break even. So if there's less buyers the price will go up.

Vr doesn't have a lot of customers as you can clearly see in the sale stats, which means games will only be viable in arcade halls and/or at ridiculous prices. Of course now it's going to sell on the ps4, just like the wii was selling because it's a novelty, but it won't stay that way. The psvr will not keep on selling, not everyone has 500$ to spend on a pheriperal, especially not for mediocre vr games. For sony this is mostly to keep their brand interesting, it's certainly a plus that you know when you buy a ps4, a vr headset is available on that system as well.

Yes ar is further out but it's a lot more workable in a home environment. IF you think vr will replace tv's you really need to get in touch with reality a bit more, people don't like to be comletely gone from reality for various reasons, keeping an eye on the children for instance.

Again here is your problem, you think it needs to replace something, I never said it did, I said it can provide something better, and my very first post said its more of an "Enthusiast" endeavour. Problem is now you have adults that think all gaming experiences revolve around their special snowflake circumstances. people with little kids around can play VR too, or anything else... that is not a product problem, that is a circumstance problem only seeing negative circumstances to a technology is pointless.

The VR trend was kickstarted for and from enthusiasts, and as said, this is generation 1 of consumor VR headsets. in no way should anyone rational expect the Oculus or Vive to sell to mass consumors... and same with PSVR.

Everyone wants it to be "proven" right away... why? still won't drive prices down quickly.. simply not possible... won't improve screen door effect any quicker, won't half/quarter the bulkness of the devices any sooner, and it certainly won't allow for improved video signals to the point where it can be done wirelessly anytime soon either.

This technology will be in and out of style for years. The sensible people who bought it knowing their expectations were inlign with what is possible will be satisfied. the people that think "omg main stream omg matrix HALF LIFE 3!!11111" can just go suck a lemon.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Angry Joe gave PSVR 9/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XtpZlcH_h4

daredevils2k

Forum Posts