VGX is an illogical joke.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by texasgoldrush (9117 posts) -

Really how can Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons win over GTA V for 360 game of the year when GTA V wins overall GOTY?

And Brothers wasn't even nominated for GOTY.

And really, how is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon DLC? Its not, its a stand alone game, so it basically wins a category it has no business being in. Borderlands 2 and ME3 had true DLC, and so did Dishonored.

#2 Posted by enoughofthis (2 posts) -

lol thats vgx for you

#3 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

VGX awards counts less than IGN. It is a non factor.

#4 Posted by Joedgabe (5092 posts) -

Did you even see the host in the show ? he doesn't give a flying fawk. I don't think the viewers should either.

#5 Posted by foxhound_fox (87332 posts) -

The entire show has been a joke since it first began. It's brogamer central.

#6 Posted by farrell2k (5611 posts) -

What was really funny was that Joel McHale obviously didn't know a damned thing about any of the games he was discussing with guests. I don't peg him as a gamer.

#7 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

What was really funny was that Joel McHale obviously didn't know a damned thing about any of the games he was discussing with guests. I don't peg him as a gamer.

What's pathetic is that the majority of Neogaf liked Joel better than Geoff. Geoff was asking good questions to developers and being professional.

#8 Posted by mems_1224 (46182 posts) -

Not sure why this needed another thread. Are you still mad Bioshock Infinite is the greatest story ever told?

#9 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

VGA has always been bad for awards.

The only reason to watch is for the premiers.

I'm confused by the format though. Like, what is that studio they're in? It almost looks like they took over a restaurant for the night. Guess they didn't get the money to make a legit award show like previous years.

#10 Posted by lostrib (33036 posts) -

Isn't this the crap put on by Spike TV? What exactly where you expecting?

#11 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26236 posts) -

this is a show that awarded best character to a cod character over the main guys from Red dead and AC2. Yea its been a joke for a while.

#12 Posted by lostrib (33036 posts) -

this is a show that awarded best character to a cod character over the main guys from Red dead and AC2. Yea its been a joke for a while.

and not even a very good CoD character

#13 Posted by silversix_ (13886 posts) -

It was so painful to watch that my stream was muted and played in the background and i only watched it for trailers. My eyes can't handle this kind of bullshit-

#14 Posted by lostrib (33036 posts) -

It was so painful to watch that my stream was muted and played in the background and i only watched it for trailers. My eyes can't handle this kind of bullshit-

This is why I wait until after and just watch the trailers and read over the winners

#15 Edited by texasgoldrush (9117 posts) -

Last Of Us also won PS3 over GTA V and GTA V is GOTY how?

#16 Posted by whatsazerg (195 posts) -

@texasgoldrush: Hey .... in 6-7 years you can have a year as good as this one for XboxOne... where a game like this is the best thing they have ALL YEAR! LMFAO TLHBO!

#17 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

tooo butthurt?

#18 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

VGA is so predictable. its a paid awards

GTA5 GOTY? Bioshock winning best FPS?? a game with AWFUL gameplay and extremely scripted?

Assasin creed won best action???

#19 Posted by lostrib (33036 posts) -

VGA is so predictable. its a paid awards

GTA5 GOTY? Bioshock winning best FPS?? a game with AWFUL gameplay and extremely scripted?

Assasin creed won best action???

well, if SNIPER disagrees then they must be right

#20 Posted by hippiesanta (9757 posts) -

at least Naughty God won studio of the year ....... better future ahead

#21 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2271 posts) -

VGX are a joke.Why do people even watch them?

#22 Posted by pelvist (4562 posts) -

Well if i remember right a similar thing happpened here on GS last year. Dishonored won best game on 360 and PS3 while the best version of Dishonored was on the PC yet Guild Wars 2 won PC GOTY and Journey went on to win overall GOTY.

#23 Edited by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

What, you don't like adult diaper jokes?

#24 Posted by roulettethedog (10944 posts) -

All award shows are just commercials to sell games , movies, or whatever.

#25 Edited by Gue1 (9382 posts) -

all the games were chosen by people's votes.

#26 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

The entire show was pretty much a travesty. Genuine travesty. None of who was on it took it with an ounce of respect(not that they would, it was scripted and awful), which made it even more painful to watch.

No wonder Sony wasn't there showing stuff, they dodged a bullet avoiding this train wreck.

#27 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (231 posts) -

That show was just a mockery show period. When that kid at the end of the show said he like to kill old people, I knew from there I would never watch the show again, I'll just wait until the trailers are released on the websites or something. And don't get me started on that co-host they had.