Very few quality titles for Wii

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts

Sure the system is selling great and so are the games. However go to Game rankings and see for yourself. After the top 10 every other title is only above average. One of the main reasons why i'm hesitant to get a Wii. Only reason I want one is for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The standards Nintendo has applied to the system are really hurting it in my view. What do you guys think?

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Don't worry, they'll just rehash the Mario Sports, Smash, Racing, etc.../Metroid/Zelda series and keep fans busy for a bit while letting third party developers try to figure out a decent game to put on the Wii.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

DS was in the same situation. Had a pretty good launch, then a slew of mediocrity, and now look at it.

I really wouldn't doubt if the same thing happened here (game-wise).

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
What are you talking about? NBA Live 2008 is a quality title. :)
Ninpo_Osa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ninpo_Osa
Member since 2006 • 2140 Posts
I agree with TC 100%.. I think the Wii is cheap enough to get away with having subpar software in most people's eyes. Wii is popular for the simple fact that it is the lesser of three evils for people right now. 360 is unreliable as hell and the PS3 was priced out of the market imho. The Wiis games may not be top notch or inspiring, but people can take one home and a game or two without worrying about system failure or developer support. As this generation moves forward it is more likely that Wii owners will be looking for a second console than 360 owners and PS3 owners.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Sure the system is selling great and so are the games. However go to Game rankings and see for yourself. After the top 10 every other title is only above average. One of the main reasons why i'm hesitant to get a Wii. Only reason I want one is for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The standards Nintendo has applied to the system are really hurting it in my view. What do you guys think?

Unstoppable_1

i didn't realize nintendo applied any standards to 3rd party games on the system. it's a free for all just like on the ps2.

as for after the top 10. well it's a good thing that i usually don't buy more than a game a month and that 3rd party will actually be getting out games that had real development time soon.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
It has 3 AAAs. The 360 had 4 in its first year, not to mention Galaxy isn't out. Which is guaranteed AAA at Gamerankings.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts
You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
It can't be denied that the Wii does have some very good titles. Despite the slew of mediocre titles, it does have a solid core of AAAs and AAs, some of which are 3rd party.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#10 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Paper Mario is the only good game I've played so far.
groudyogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 groudyogre
Member since 2006 • 1661 Posts
Lol, this is a chance for the haters to get their knife into the Wii's side. Let them; I'm off to complete super paper mario ;)
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts
There may not be many, but considering the Wii's price, it's more than enough. On top of that, the quality titles are VERY quality titles. There are more than enough good games to satisfy anyone that gives it a chance.
doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts
the wii will end up as the N64 and cube did. massive gaps between great 1st party releases,with 3rd party fluff churned out for the rest of the year which may turn up a rare gem from time to time
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

It's got 2 AAA's right now on Gamerankings.

Galaxy is EASILY an AAA there. Brawl probably will be too.

That's 4 AAA's, just as good as the 360 did in its first year.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

As long as the Wii has at least 15 good games out, I dont really care about all the bad games it gets.

Brawl, Galaxy, No more Heroes, FIre Emblem, Zack and Wiki, Bwii, GH 3, MP3, RE4 and Super Paper Mario. Look thats already 10, only needs5 more and Ill be happy, and not regret owning a Wii (not that I am now)

WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

In before someone posts a Wii-hating--

CRAP!!

I think the Wii has enough good games to last me the year, and I have other consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
This winter seems to be an excellent time for the Wii,along with the other consoles.
Madsucktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Madsucktion
Member since 2003 • 2079 Posts

You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.dracula_16

That's funny, I didn't have to lower my standards all to enjoy the Wii. And to dismiss all of the Wii games as "mario rehashes and kiddy. shallow games" is probably the most immature, kiddy thing that you can say. Congratulations on being a massive marketing tool.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dracula_16

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.Madsucktion

That's funny, I didn't have to lower my standards all to enjoy the Wii. And to dismiss all of the Wii games as "mario rehashes and kiddy. shallow games" is probably the most immature, kiddy thing that you can say. Congratulations on being a massive marketing tool.

But I expect quality games for me to play. There are dozens of awesome games on the Xbox 360 but there are maybe 2 or 3 good Wii games for me to play.

And about that marketing tool thing, that is absurd. I am and forever will be unbiased.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
As many quality titles as the 360? No. But only a very few quality titles? No.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Yes because Resident Evil 4, Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime 3 are truly sub par.

and downloadable games like Super Mario World, Sin & Punishment, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, are all truly crap.

and games like Manhun 2, Battalion Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Bully, Guitar Hero 3, Soul Caliber Legends, Trauma Center: New Blood, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Zack & Wiki, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Resident Evil Umbrella Chroniclesall look absolutely non-stellar. (all of which come out within 2 months)

and 2008 titles and longer like Fatal Frame, Mario Kart, No More Heroes, Orb, Thorn, Sadness, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Prince of Persia, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Opoona, don't look in any way inticing.

you see what i did there.

i lied.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.dracula_16

Look at most anticipated games on PS3 and 360a load of Metal Gear and Final Fantasy and Halo rehashes... A good game is good game deal with it.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dracula_16

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.locopatho

Look at most anticipated games on PS3 and 360a load of Metal Gear and Final Fantasy and Halo rehashes... A good game is good game deal with it.

Halo 3 is not a rehash. Don't be biased.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
[QUOTE="Madsucktion"]

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.dracula_16

But I expect quality games for me to play. There are dozens of awesome games on the Xbox 360 but there are maybe 2 or 3 good Wii games for me to play.

And about that marketing tool thing, that is absurd. I am and forever will be unbiased.

okay i don't want to call you names but did you ever think the 360 has more quality games at this point coz its been out since november 2005?jesus, wii already has stellar titles, some of the best games of all time are playable on it (re 4, OOT, mario 64)

i don't think you want a wii.

so don't get one.

i don't care.

point is, no one cares.

nintendo definetly doesn't need to care.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

Indeed , Mediocre hadwaredelivers mediocre games except for those made by ninty itself

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.dracula_16

Ya it's sarcasm. Quality sequels cant be called rehashes, Dynasty Warriors is an example of rehashes, Mario isnt.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="locopatho"]

Neither are MGS4 nor FFXIII
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 locopatho
[QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.AgentA-Mi6

Neither are MGS4 nor FFXIII

Neither is Mario.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eponique

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.AgentA-Mi6

Indeed , Mediocre hadwaredelivers mediocre games except for those made by ninty itself

^ This rule does not apply to the PS3 of course. Which only has 1 AAA at Gamerankings, which is a year old port :)

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

DS was in the same situation. Had a pretty good launch, then a slew of mediocrity, and now look at it.

I really wouldn't doubt if the same thing happened here (game-wise).

nyoroism

i look at it.. and i only see *teh sellz* not so many quality games out there for the ds..

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

RE4 was made by nintendo! Wow!

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.GundamGuy0

Remake of a game that was a multiplat last gen , At least NGB was only on Xbox and now NGS is only on Ps3 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS and Gameplay , Wii graphics make feel nostalgic its like playing with a GC with a new freaking controller ...
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.GundamGuy0

RE4 was made by Capcom and it was released for the PS2/GC Last gen... It's quite silly to try and use that as some kind of statement. That's like the cows using NG Sigma.. The game was molded around an already successful game released last gen... Now if you were talking about RE5 then you would have something.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.OhSnapitz

RE4 was made by Capcom and it was released for the PS2/GC Last gen... It's quite silly to try and use that as some kind of statement. That's like the cows using NG Sigma.. The game was molded around an already successful game released last gen... Now if you were talking about RE5 then you would have something.

Im just respoding to what he said. Not making a stament.

Regardless if the game is a last gen port or not, the Wii version got AAA and wasn't made by nintendo...!

Also mediocre at games spot is 5.0 and below... there are alot of third party games that are better then 5.0.

Seriously there are alot of morons here who think anything less then a 9.0 is totaly unplayable.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AgentA-Mi6

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.OhSnapitz

can the nintendo wii run it ?

*Violin Playing *

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

*Violin Playing *

Haha. Truth. :P

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GundamGuy0

Remake of a game that was a multiplat last gen , At least NGB was only on Xbox and now NGS is only on Ps3 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS and Gameplay , Wii graphics make feel nostalgic its like playing with a GC with a new freaking controller ...

And that doesn't change the fact that Gamespot gave it a years old port AAA, which btw isn't mediocre, FYI.

ImError88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ImError88
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts

*Violin Playing *

Oh look, I have a Wii, AND a 360

*cheers*

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
It certainly can't match the 360's library for quality, and no rational person could expect it to. But I'd take the Wii'slibrary over the PS3's right now, and by the end of the year it will be a pretty clear choice if you ask me.
ImError88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ImError88

It certainly can't match the 360's library for quality, and no rational person could expect it to. But I'd take the Wii'slibrary over the PS3's right now, and by the end of the year it will be a pretty clear choice if you ask me.Robio_basic

Agreed.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TekkenMaster606

*cheers*

ImError88

So does that mean you're a sheep hiding behind the more expensive piece of machinery? Or are you a lemgod that bought a secondary console?

omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts
PS 1 and PS2 also had mostly crap games.. Look how that turned out...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 locopatho

*Violin Playing *

Sigh, the entire point of Wii is something different. Not the same games as every other freakin' system! If you want RE5 you buy a 360or PS3, not a Wii.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TekkenMaster606

PS 1 and PS2 also had mostly crap games.. Look how that turned out...omgimba

The ratio of good quality third party titles on the Playstation 1 and 2 was way higher than the Nintendo Wii. And we don't care about Japanese titles that Gamespot does not list here.

ImError88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ImError88
[QUOTE="ImError88"]

*cheers*

TekkenMaster606

So does that mean you're a sheep hiding behind the more expensive piece of machinery? Or are you a lemgod that bought a secondary console?

I'm a sheep that isn't crazy enough to only buy Nintendo products. I like the 360 too.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Eponique

[QUOTE="omgimba"]PS 1 and PS2 also had mostly crap games.. Look how that turned out...TekkenMaster606

The ratio of good quality third party titles on the Playstation 1 and 2 was way higher than the Nintendo Wii. And we don't care about Japanese titles that Gamespot does not list here.

Not in the PS2's first year.

Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

I am and forever will be unbiased.dracula_16

Ah, the irony.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Remake of a game that was a multiplat last gen , At least NGB was only on Xbox and now NGS is only on Ps3 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS and Gameplay , Wii graphicsmake feel nostalgic its like playing with a GC with a new freaking controller ...

And that doesn't change the fact that Gamespot gave it a years old port AAA, which btw isn't mediocre, FYI.

Who cares ? If ninty fans bough it last gen for thegc remaking itfor a system that practically has the same graphics is milkage...
ImError88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ImError88
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Remake of a game that was a multiplat last gen , At least NGB was only on Xbox and now NGS is only on Ps3 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS and Gameplay , Wii graphicsmake feel nostalgic its like playing with a GC with a new freaking controller ...

Who cares ? If ninty fans bough it last gen for thegc remaking itfor a system that practically has the same graphics is milkage...

Maybe some people have never played RE4 on the Gamecube or PS2. The Wii version is still the same amazing game that came out 2 years ago, so the experience is still the same on all platforms. It got AAA, and the control scheme is very tight. I don't think it's a rip-off.

groudyogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 groudyogre
Member since 2006 • 1661 Posts

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]You have to lower your standards extremely low to enjoy the Wii. Just look at the most anticipated Wii games: bunch of Mario rehashes and kiddy, shallow games.Rev3nger

I am and forever will be unbiased.dracula_16

Ah, the irony.

:lol: He's just you're regular run-of-the-mill hater. What can you do?