UT3 Has no splitscreen...PATHETIC...

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

L_G_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 L_G_X
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

I was really looking forward to this game, then i heard it had no split screen i was like lol wut... how hard can implementing split screen be in a frikkin fps these days, i know not all of u ppl have friends but i for one do and sometimes when we chill out its nice to play on a frikkin console TOGETHER and not over some broadband connection for a change! There goes the whole sociable aspect of ut3 i was hoping for...my xbox owning mates get halo which they play online and off...hell they even got a nice girl to come around and PLAY IT WITH THEM, alas ut3 is confined to online which will force me to sit on my sofa and dribble whilst i play...saying simple commands to my friends via headset which doesnt feel right and is not nearly as fun as offline split screen.

I for one am now not purchasing UT3 because the devs have been really really lazy by ommiting this simple feature....

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Yeah, I get mad when devs don't put in split-screen support... whatever happened to the days of playing video games being social?
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts

This trend that devs seem to focus more on online MP than they focus on offline MP sucks in my opinion.

Id alwaystake an afternoon of 4 player N64 Perfect Dark or Goldeneye splitscreen over any online console shooter.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts
Yeah, I get mad when devs don't put in split-screen support... whatever happened to the days of playing video games being social?Funkyhamster
thats why i got rock band woo
badgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 badgert
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

Yeah, I get mad when devs don't put in split-screen support... whatever happened to the days of playing video games being social?Funkyhamster

Agreed

L_G_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 L_G_X

woot for guitar hero

also i may try out timesplitters i heard thats a nice splitscreen game but i played it when i was small and didnt like it soo...

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

splitscreen>online

playing with friends>playing random people

it just makes sense :)

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts

splitscreen>online

samusarmada

splitscreen online

best.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

splitscreen>online

samusarmada

Why not both

playing split screen with friends vs people online is the business.

A game with no split screen these days is a disgrace.

Maybe its all to much for the PS3 :P (I kid before you fanbots starts crying)

Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Marth6781
Member since 2007 • 2564 Posts

This trend that devs seem to focus more on online MP than they focus on offline MP sucks in my opinion.

Id alwaystake an afternoon of 4 player N64 Perfect Dark or Goldeneye splitscreen over any online console shooter.

Can-o-Mark

WOW, so much QFT in one line, HOLY ****.

goldeneye>anyother game multiplayer.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts
who needs split screen when you have a broadband connection. And who plays 4 player UT in the first place, you need at least 16 people to make it true UT.
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

Online owns splitscreen for the simple fact that its a new experence every time.

Unlike friends because most times then none you already know what your friends

are going to do and what weapons they like to use.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="Can-o-Mark"]

Marth6781

(You should maybe **** out that word) I agree its more fun blasting the crap out of friends (if none of you have ever attached up 2, 3 or 4 360's and played in a room with tvs facing away from each other and a ton of people you should its crazy, however I digress). In this day and age there is no excuse why any MP game shouldn't do both.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

splitscreen>online

samusarmada

There's this thing called a friend list where you can, you know, add friends to a list so you can play with them...

Besides, FPS games make for the worst offline multiplayer experience if you're not using LAN. Splitscreen FPS = teh suck. Fighting games, Sport games and various specific games like Contra or Bomberman makes more sense in the offline sense than FPS games.

Besides, who wants to play on a FPS map that was meant to house 16+ people with below half that?

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

splitscreen>online

samusarmada

Going out with friends > Playing games in a room with friends.

And then, when your home *gasp* you can play online games with them when you cant be together!

Ingenius!

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
[QUOTE="Can-o-Mark"]

Marth6781

yeah goldeneye source is pretty tight.

anyway, TC you're absolutely right, i think UT3 has gone a long way down hill since 2k4.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

[QUOTE="Funkyhamster"]Yeah, I get mad when devs don't put in split-screen support... whatever happened to the days of playing video games being social?badgert

Agreed

I second that...:roll: "Boohoo...the PC is the cause for all of this!" xD I couldn't resist.
L_G_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 L_G_X
*sigh* might have to get timesplitters2 then...pray that works on ps3...
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

Splitscreen FPS=JOKE

seeing where the oponnents are is pathetic at best...

Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

4 player splitscreen on UT3 = JOKE!!!

Seriously the game is ment for online play like it was on PC.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I thought Online was why people buy UT games?
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
ut has ever been about split screen?
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Joke thread?
TheEndBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 TheEndBoss
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts
I hate it when that happens. Developers seem to forget that there's a whole different market out there for multiplayer; online isn't all there is.Many of them have gotten caught up in the race for online dominance and have left us splitscreen gamers in the dust. And then there's the games that have splitscreen but have none or very few of the maps designed around that concept. Not everyone has made the jump to online, and there's still many out there who have that will still take splitscreen multiplayer over online. By not including splitscreen in games developer effectively alienate an entire group of people. For a multiplayer-focused game like Unreal Tournament III, I find this very sad.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
It's definitely not an easy thing to include and is probably much harder these days than ever before but yeah that's hardly an excuse since it has been done and is the most fun. Only reason to not have it would be for better visuals and less lag.
Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

splitscreen>online

samusarmada

People seem to think that playing a game alone in their dark rooms at night and fighting avatars controlled by people they can't see or truly conversate with actually subsistutes being social.

I mean online FPS's are one thing but seriously some of these online things are ridiculous. I mean an online fighting game? The point of that genre is to meet people and see their faces when you kick their arse.

Is it really that hard to form a LAN party people?

Going out with friends > Playing games in a room with friends.

And then, when your home *gasp* you can play online games with them when you cant be together!

Ingenius!

Meu2k7

Going out with friends to play games with friends > All

Best of Both Worlds. :)

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
no thanks, now splitscreen for online i would like, but splitscreen offline has grown old and gets boring fast.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

I hate it when that happens. Developers seem to forget that there's a whole different market out there for multiplayer; online isn't all there is.Many of them have gotten caught up in the race for online dominance and have left us splitscreen gamers in the dust. And then there's the games that have splitscreen but have none or very few of the maps designed around that concept. Not everyone has made the jump to online, and there's still many out there who have that will still take splitscreen multiplayer over online. By not including splitscreen in games developer effectively alienate an entire group of people. For a multiplayer-focused game like Unreal Tournament III, I find this very sad.TheEndBoss

In all seriousness, if you haven't jumped on the online bandwagon in general by now, you deserve to be left behind, especially when it comes to gaming. It simply doesn't benefit developers to restrict themselves from making huge MP maps just to accommodate 4 people at a time.

TheEndBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEndBoss
People seem to think that playing a game alone in their dark rooms at night and fighting avatars controlled by people they can't see or truly conversate with actually subsistutes being social.

I mean online FPS's are one thing but seriously some of these online things are ridiculous. I mean an online fighting game? The point of that genre is to meet people and see their faces when you kick their arse.

Is it really that hard to form a LAN party people?

Gunraidan

I'm all for the whole "splitscreen is awesome" thing you're saying, but...

My friends and I usually have some considerable difficulty forming a LAN party. It's hard to find a weekend where everyone's free, between sports and dates and all that. We've only been able to get a couple parties in since everyone's so busy. Of course, what little we've been able to get done has been pretty awesome.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gunraidan

I'm all for the whole "splitscreen is awesome" thing you're saying, but...

My friends and I usually have some considerable difficulty forming a LAN party. It's hard to find a weekend where everyone's free, between sports and dates and all that. We've only been able to get a couple parties in since everyone's so busy. Of course, what little we've been able to get done has been pretty awesome.

TheEndBoss

I'm trying to start a weekly LAN party with just me and about 3-4 of my friends. We're just going to play fighting games all night like Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Guilty Gear XX ^ Core, and King of Fighters XI. :)

There's also the arcades, but they're dead everywhere but the East and parts of Mexico.

TheEndBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEndBoss

I'm trying to start a weekly LAN party with just me and about 3-4 of my friends. We're just going to play fighting games all night like Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Guilty Gear XX ^ Core, and King of Fighters XI. :)

There's also the arcades, but they're dead everywhere but the East and parts of Mexico.

Gunraidan

Bah, now you're making me angry that my friends and I are so busy! :evil: Monthly didn't even work out for us.

Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blue-Sphere
Member since 2006 • 1972 Posts
I'm trying to start a weekly LAN party with just me and about 3-4 of my friends. We're just going to play fighting games all night like Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Guilty Gear XX ^ Core, and King of Fighters XI. :) Gunraidan
Di...Did you say... 3rd Strike?! I wanna be there too. :cry:
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts

I was about to buy the game...then I read online that it didnt have co-op....so Im gonna wait till my friend buys it then, I will so we can play together offline, if he doesnt I wont either

Edit: instead Ill try to get Rockband

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I don't mind. I have tons of friends but we don't play videogames together. We go out to bars and such where i live.

All the buddies i played videogames with were where i was stationed last so it works out well because i play online with them sometimes.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gunraidan

Di...Did you say... 3rd Strike?! I wanna be there too. :cry:Blue-Sphere

I had I and a friend of mine play it for about 30 minutes (he had to leave). And I had him hooked.

Bah, now you're making me angry that my friends and I are so busy! :evil: Monthly didn't even work out for us.

TheEndBoss

Well why don't you just set up a time every month that works for your schedules? I mean it doesn't have to be a consitent day. Just when you and 3 or 4 of your friends have time off. Or even better your could just pick one day every 2 weeks or month and make sure you guys (or girls) have nothing planned and leave that day free and then get your game on? :)

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
split screen means running 2 games at once on the gpu and 1.5 games more on the cpu so it can be harder to implement thats why games like halo don't look amazing, gears only offered 2 player split screen because they couldn't dev a 4 play verison quick enuff because the engine was still being pushed out the gates. The ps3 verison of ut3 doesn't have the engine to blame but just dev time, they were going to delay ut3 for split screen and many more options, but ppl wanted it now and they wanted to make money and lots of money for chirstmas so they released now instead of putting the time, effort and money for split screen.
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
for me its not so much a lack of split-screen is games these days as it is a lack of letting two ppl go online with another person. I mean god forbid i would want to invite a friend to come over and play together against other players then just us two 1 v 1. (im talking to u Cod4). that is what really irks me. I'm glad some games do (halo, warhawk) but i think all games should have this feature.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
so, it doesn't even have split screen co-op on PSN. That sucks then.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
if you console fans haven't learnt yet x360/ps3 are basicly the same as pc for mp now. ie you need one system per player in anything but sport games. any split screen sux so why do you care?
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 imprezawrx500

splitscreen>online

samusarmada

that's what lan is for you get the best of both

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="badgert"]

[QUOTE="Funkyhamster"]Yeah, I get mad when devs don't put in split-screen support... whatever happened to the days of playing video games being social?killab2oo5

Agreed

I second that...:roll: "Boohoo...the PC is the cause for all of this!" xD I couldn't resist.

if you don't want our games fine

Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts
I sure hope they fix it for the 360 version, or else I'm not buying it either, how could;d they possibly overlooked that feature, thats just basic principle of multiplayer. That really is pathetic from Epic.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Oh noes teh internets am fail!
Bdking57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bdking57
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
lack of split screen is bushleague... bushleague epic, hear me? Imean how lame and lazy... are we supposed to be impressed by the graphics, that are clearly not optimized to provide a great gameplay experience in a part atmosphere.. this is why Halo 3> UT3...
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="samusarmada"]

splitscreen>online

p2rus

splitscreen online

best.

thus Warhawk == Best :D

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Agreed.

Splitscreen is awesome. Any MP FPS that doesn't have it doesn't warrant a purchase from me. Games like UT, Timesplitters, Halo etc are meant to be played with friends imo.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

splitscreen>online

samusarmada

I totally agree with you. I have way more fun playing with friends and people I know.

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
its a PC shooter.. PCs dont do split screen
Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts

its a PC shooter.. PCs dont do split screenmattyomo99

yeah, but ported to consoles, no excuse, yourdamage control reeks.:lol:

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
yep