Upcoming DS games (56k = no survival) *Could use a STICKY*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Ownage.
payforaday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 payforaday
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts
[QUOTE="FlashMan2006"][QUOTE="linufinu"] [QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="linufinu"] [QUOTE="John_Adkins"]Where are the cows? :lol:TSCombo

http://outerspace.terra.com.br/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=54262

Old, and under par compared to this.

try more next time

Those PSP games look really good for a handheld game. No question about it, but the problem is that these games look as if they were meant to be played on a console. On a handheld I want to play something different. Something that offers the games I wouldn't normally see on a console. Games  that are quick and easy to pick up and play, and cheap. What devs should do for the PSP is use the PSP's graphical abilities to create games like loco roco, katamari, or lumines type games. Games that are simple yet addicting. That would work out well for the PSP, but I just don't see it happening.

Great post. I agree completely. If the PSP released more games like the 3 above from the start, their fans might label PSP "kiddie" like Nintendo gets label so much even though those games are perfect for handhelds.

Thats not why people buy a PSP. If they wanted those kind of games they would buy a DS. The PSP is supposed to give a console experience on the go. Look at GTA:LCS and Burnout Legends or Daxter. Those are the kinds of games PSP owners are looking for.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]Holy crap, look at all of those games.  And yet we still have "PSP will kill teh DS" threads.videogamegirl05

Indeed. By the way, how is Trauma Center?

Its really good, very hard though.  You have to be quick and precise with your hands.  I like the cheesy anime-esque story line and super powers too.

I want that game, but just like PW, I'm having a hard time finding it :(

Yeah, I can't find PW anywhere either, but apparently there's going to be a reprint of the game in August.  I just checked GameStop's website and there are still a few stores in my area with used copies of Trauma Center, you might get lucky and find one near you.

Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts

Phoenix Wright is on Ebay. the BuyItNOW!!! price is like 50 bucks, and the Bids always end up like 50 bucks, so yeah. :cry: I WANT Phoenix Wright!!ChupacabraIII

unfortunately, I don't purchase things online :P

shp2400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 shp2400
Member since 2006 • 2702 Posts
[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]bleach DS    thats coming to america

When? And will it have WiFi?
th2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 th2
Member since 2004 • 4099 Posts
A lot of those don't look too good :?

But cheers for LOZ, Star fox, Kojima's game, and so on.
jechtshot78
QFT, They look pretty crap.
louislegros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#107 louislegros
Member since 2005 • 11530 Posts
O god, I want so many of those games
about 80% looks kick ass
Some of the japanese games look very intersting (that detective games looks like a throw back to some of the old pc adventure games!)
New Phoenix Wright! (Omg is that VonKarmas daughter or something?)
Some great looking rpgs (I'm not really intersted, but still good rpgs are always good)
Custom Robo (I head it would be online and despite the low score of the gamecube version I really liked it)
Cooking mama (could be like the trauma center of the kitchen!)
Harvest moon!

and so many more!
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 videogamegirl05

Yeah, I can't find PW anywhere either, but apparently there's going to be a reprint of the game in August.  I just checked GameStop's website and there are still a few stores in my area with used copies of Trauma Center, you might get lucky and find one near you.Teufelhuhn

reprint in August?

That's great news.  :D ...'cause I really want that game :P

John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 John_Adkins
Member since 2004 • 18118 Posts
[QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]Holy crap, look at all of those games.  And yet we still have "PSP will kill teh DS" threads.Teufelhuhn

Its really good, very hard though.  You have to be quick and precise with your hands.  I like the cheesy anime-esque story line and super powers too.

Cool. I need more DS games.

louislegros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 louislegros
Member since 2005 • 11530 Posts
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]Holy crap, look at all of those games. And yet we still have "PSP will kill teh DS" threads.John_Adkins

Its really good, very hard though. You have to be quick and precise with your hands. I like the cheesy anime-esque story line and super powers too.

Cool. I need more DS games.

when he said hard, he means hard... great experience for any hardcore gamer though.
ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="ChupacabraIII"]Phoenix Wright is on Ebay. the BuyItNOW!!! price is like 50 bucks, and the Bids always end up like 50 bucks, so yeah. :cry: I WANT Phoenix Wright!!videogamegirl05

unfortunately, I don't purchase things online :P

NO?! :shock: It is unfortunate for you. Teh great deals are online. I suppose 50 bucks isn't bad for a game that is impossible to find offline.
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 John_Adkins

bleach DS    thats coming to americaRahnyc4

Ok, added.

ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="videogamegirl05"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]Holy crap, look at all of those games.  And yet we still have "PSP will kill teh DS" threads.Teufelhuhn

I want that game, but just like PW, I'm having a hard time finding it :(

Yeah, I can't find PW anywhere either, but apparently there's going to be a reprint of the game in August.  I just checked GameStop's website and there are still a few stores in my area with used copies of Trauma Center, you might get lucky and find one near you.

August?! SAY IT IS SO!!!!
evilbarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 evilbarbarian
Member since 2005 • 3883 Posts
Only good one looks to be Yoshi's Island 2. And Pokemon!!!
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

some screens for games not listed if you want to add them

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

Arcahic Sealed Heat (ASH)

And some screens of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker you can post.

Also in other news Magical Vacation (which you listed) has been confirmed for the US. Coming out October 23 under the name Magical Starsign.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
theres a lot go good DS games, no one can deny that
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 John_Adkins

some screens for games not listed if you want to add them

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

Arcahic Sealed Heat (ASH)

And some screens of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker you can post.

Also in other news Magical Vacation (which you listed) has been confirmed for the US. Coming out October 23 under the name Magical Starsign.

laus_basic

Thanks.

Cromat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Cromat
Member since 2003 • 74 Posts

Bleach is coming to America?

I don't know anything about the anime but I want an online fighting game.

TSCombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 TSCombo
Member since 2006 • 2957 Posts
[QUOTE="TSCombo"][QUOTE="FlashMan2006"][QUOTE="linufinu"] [QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="linufinu"] [QUOTE="John_Adkins"]Where are the cows? :lol:payforaday

try more next time

Those PSP games look really good for a handheld game. No question about it, but the problem is that these games look as if they were meant to be played on a console. On a handheld I want to play something different. Something that offers the games I wouldn't normally see on a console. Games  that are quick and easy to pick up and play, and cheap. What devs should do for the PSP is use the PSP's graphical abilities to create games like loco roco, katamari, or lumines type games. Games that are simple yet addicting. That would work out well for the PSP, but I just don't see it happening.

Great post. I agree completely. If the PSP released more games like the 3 above from the start, their fans might label PSP "kiddie" like Nintendo gets label so much even though those games are perfect for handhelds.

Thats not why people buy a PSP. If they wanted those kind of games they would buy a DS. The PSP is supposed to give a console experience on the go. Look at GTA:LCS and Burnout Legends or Daxter. Those are the kinds of games PSP owners are looking for.

That's why the PSP is a lackluster handheld "game" machine. Console experience isn't great on the go, it's better for long periods of sit-down time and immersion. Heldheld games should be intuitive and easy to pick up, they don't have to be super detailed. PSP games can't compete with their PS2 counterparts.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
[QUOTE="evilbarbarian"]Only good one looks to be Yoshi's Island 2. And Pokemon!!!

or maybe you havent looked hard enough
Bobakuzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#122 Bobakuzero
Member since 2005 • 12162 Posts
Tales of the tempest, Custom Robo, FF3, PH, to many games... :?
FlashMan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 FlashMan2006
Member since 2006 • 2923 Posts
Did you put up Clubhouse Games?
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 John_Adkins

Did you put up Clubhouse Games?FlashMan2006

Huh?

Cromat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Cromat
[QUOTE="payforaday"][QUOTE="TSCombo"][QUOTE="FlashMan2006"][QUOTE="linufinu"] [QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="linufinu"] [QUOTE="John_Adkins"]Where are the cows? :lol:TSCombo

try more next time

That's why the PSP is a lackluster handheld "game" machine. Console experience isn't great on the go, it's better for long periods of sit-down time and immersion. Heldheld games should be intuitive and easy to pick up, they don't have to be super detailed. PSP games can't compete with their PS2 counterparts.

Exactly. The PSP isn't doing as well as the DS not because "it doesn't have any games", it just has games better experienced on a console. People thought it would be awesome to have a portable PS2, but in reality it's not as fun to play these games on a handheld. The screen is smaller, the graphics aren't as good, the battery life is short and the device is risky to carry around because it can break. In the end, PSP might be a good gaming system, but it isn't a good portable one.

I can bet that over 90% of those who own a PSP have a PS2, and the experience is basically the same. The DS has games you just can't play anywhere else, and that's why it is the better choice as a handheld system IMO.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts
you can find some screens for Rune Factory here: http://www.mmv-i.net/game/ds/runefactory/story.html
FlashMan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 FlashMan2006

[QUOTE="FlashMan2006"]Did you put up Clubhouse Games?John_Adkins

Huh?

Man. You guys need to look at Nintendo's holiday line-up. How can you not know about Clubhouse Games from Nintendo? It's online, the ultimate touch generation game for both hardcore/casual players. More than 20 card games including checkers, darts, dominos. Did I mention ONLINE + PictoChatting?! Seriously, this game deserves to be at the top of your list. It smokes all those other games.

MasterSauron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 MasterSauron
Member since 2002 • 4522 Posts
[QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="FlashMan2006"]Did you put up Clubhouse Games?FlashMan2006

Huh?

Man. You guys need to look at Nintendo's holiday line-up. How can you not know about Clubhouse Games from Nintendo? It's online, the ultimate touch generation game for both hardcore/casual players. More than 20 card games including checkers, darts, dominos. Did I mention ONLINE + PictoChatting?!

Wow, you sound like an ad. :|
shp2400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 shp2400
Member since 2006 • 2702 Posts
[QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="FlashMan2006"]Did you put up Clubhouse Games?FlashMan2006

Huh?

Man. You guys need to look at Nintendo's holiday line-up. How can you not know about Clubhouse Games from Nintendo? It's online, the ultimate touch generation game for both hardcore/casual players. More than 20 card games including checkers, darts, dominos. Did I mention ONLINE + PictoChatting?! Seriously, this game deserves to be at the top of your list. It smokes all those other games.

Online Pictochat? :o Friend codes needed?
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 John_Adkins
you can find some screens for Rune Factory here: http://www.mmv-i.net/game/ds/runefactory/story.htmllaus_basic

Thanks. Added.
Cromat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Cromat
Just checked, I don't think Bleach DS is coming to America...
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 videogamegirl05

anyone know if Xenosaga DS will be coming to America? :(

GS has March JP ...but no NA, although IGN has TBA 2006 for NA.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
nice list .. still, i feel there's need for more big games from nintendo
FlashMan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 FlashMan2006
[QUOTE="FlashMan2006"][QUOTE="John_Adkins"]

[QUOTE="FlashMan2006"]Did you put up Clubhouse Games?shp2400

Huh?

Online Pictochat? :o Friend codes needed?

Lol. Well...maybe for chatting (since you could give out personal info easily on PictoChat). So count on Friend codes for chatting, but as all the other Wifi games for the DS you can always play against random strangers without any friend codes and then request for them to be your friend once you're playing with them.

John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 John_Adkins

Just checked, I don't think Bleach DS is coming to America...Cromat

Hmmm... the other guy seemed to think so. GS is pretty lousy with this kind of info, if that's where you checked.

FlashMan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 FlashMan2006
John_Adkins, put Clubhouse Games on your list. It deserves to be up there with all the other awesome games.
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 John_Adkins
John_Adkins, put Clubhouse Games on your list. It deserves to be up there with all the other awesome games.FlashMan2006

In the process of doing so.
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 John_Adkins
Bumpagezorzzz.
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 John_Adkins
Bump ftw.
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 videogamegirl05

Include screens from Opera if you haven't.

I didn't see any...I'm anxious to try this out. >_>

cheetah_TM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 cheetah_TM
Member since 2003 • 7053 Posts
I played the new mario on my friends DS..and now I want a DS
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
Oh so many games I want in your list, thanks for taking the time to do so.
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 John_Adkins

videogamegirl05

Opera?

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#144 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
Holy ****, that is alot of games :D

videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 videogamegirl05
[QUOTE="videogamegirl05"]

John_Adkins

Opera?

please tell me you heard of it? >_>

it's not really a game, just the DS web browser.

John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 John_Adkins
[QUOTE="John_Adkins"] [QUOTE="videogamegirl05"]

videogamegirl05

Opera?

please tell me you heard of it? >_>

it's not really a game, just the DS web browser.

Ah, right - I knew there was a web browser coming out, but I didn't know it was Opera. I guess I'll add that.
evilbarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 evilbarbarian
Member since 2005 • 3883 Posts
theres a lot go good DS games, no one can deny thatRahnyc4

I can.
wusscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 wusscore
Member since 2005 • 475 Posts

is contact in the earthbound series?

John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 John_Adkins
[QUOTE="evilbarbarian"]
theres a lot go good DS games, no one can deny thatRahnyc4

I can.

That's because you are a cow.
John_Adkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 John_Adkins

is contact in the earthbound series?

wusscore

Not sure, but I don't believe so. I think it's just the weird new game from the guy responsible for Killer7.