Uncharted now AAA on gamerankings

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="I_Helios_I"]

Look I get straight A's in Math and when it's .5 in anything you have to round up.

Now if we were just going by Gamespot's score then Yes! Uncharted is a 100% flop

But the lemmings in these System War's forums constantly refer to Gamerankings when talking about Mass Effect

and how it has AAAE over there. So why can't Uncharted fans do the same?

Gun-Unit

cool next time you are in the store and something is $1.49 tell them you are only paying a $1 cos everything below .5 is rounded down and everything above .5 is rounded up

if you round everything up in your math class for .5 I can only presume you are at a fairly low grade and haven't got to things like Pi?

Thats a horrible examples as its a different system.Heres a good example if you were to get $1.498 you get $1.50 because the system only allows for two numbers past the decemal point because there is nothing under one cent and yes it does actually happen at times.Same with the world dollars the Canadian dollar could be 9.996 and it will be rounded up to a dollar American.Gamerankings system is 87%,88%,89%,90% and so on so a 88.6 is rounded up to 90% but they chose to show you the actual score in also.

The example is no worse than comparing school grades to GR scores. GR allows and uses the decimal point.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="I_Helios_I"]I just read that and you came up with some good points but your extrapulating data on Gamerankings to prove your point

When I take a test at school if I got a 85.8 it's an 86, If I got a 90.7 it would be a 91. When I'm typing a data spreadsheet

almost always I'm asked to round. Then you talk about financial reports, do you even know finances? When the data is

published in any aspect of media 99.9% of the time it is rounded (Go ahead say it's only 99 lol) like when Sony, Nintendo

or Microsoft say what their sales were they round!! So what you said is right but totally wrong at the same time.

I_Helios_I

Have you ever heard of statistics? Look your obviously a school kid with no experience of the real world so I'm not going to bash you but if your boss asked you for figures on something and you continually handed him inaccurated stats because you decided to round everything off, I'll tell you now he'd be pissed off and you'd be looking for a new job.

EDIt and next time in math class (you've done Pi I presume?)round Pi off to 3 and try to explain to your teacher that everything gets rounded off :roll:

Yes I have done Pi......School Kid? lmao my man I work for a marketing agency and I get paid very, very good money to do what I do.

When I hand in work the exact percentages are in place, but when your doing Power Point presentations in front of corperate big wigs you don't say to them So and So sales this Quarter were 99.436% higher then what we were originally anticipating.

And no I'm fine making $70k a year doing what I'm doing and I'm damn good at it.

No thats not what I said but you would say 99.4% not 99%, Mr bigshot

and I hope they have spelling and grammar checks at your 70k/year presentations.

Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts
[QUOTE="Gun-Unit"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="I_Helios_I"]

Look I get straight A's in Math and when it's .5 in anything you have to round up.

Now if we were just going by Gamespot's score then Yes! Uncharted is a 100% flop

But the lemmings in these System War's forums constantly refer to Gamerankings when talking about Mass Effect

and how it has AAAE over there. So why can't Uncharted fans do the same?

blue_hazy_basic

cool next time you are in the store and something is $1.49 tell them you are only paying a $1 cos everything below .5 is rounded down and everything above .5 is rounded up

if you round everything up in your math class for .5 I can only presume you are at a fairly low grade and haven't got to things like Pi?

Thats a horrible examples as its a different system.Heres a good example if you were to get $1.498 you get $1.50 because the system only allows for two numbers past the decemal point because there is nothing under one cent and yes it does actually happen at times.Same with the world dollars the Canadian dollar could be 9.996 and it will be rounded up to a dollar American.Gamerankings system is 87%,88%,89%,90% and so on so a 88.6 is rounded up to 90% but they chose to show you the actual score in also.

The example is no worse than comparing school grades to GR scores. GR allows and uses the decimal point.

Not on the actual game page.

I_Helios_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 I_Helios_I
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
lmao look we agree to disagree I call a truce I own both, I'm just a big fan of Uncharted because I just bought it and I think it's amazing to be fair I'll buy Mass Effect later this week and message your account.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

lmao look we agree to disagree I call a truce I own both, I'm just a big fan of Uncharted because I just bought it and I think it's amazing to be fair I'll buy Mass Effect later this week and message your account.I_Helios_I

cool. The funny thing is that in SW we still don't use GR (yet) so its kind of a pointless arguement. :P

ME is awesome BTW, just don't let the little flaws bug you too much.

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

LMFAO @ cows desperate for a AAA title.

Uncharted = 89

R&C = 88 (what happened, cows???)

Both score an 89 in Metacritic. Just wait until next year...

If cows want AAA titles, they should buy a 360.

/thread