Uncharted graphics beat every single game

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themitko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 themitko
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts
You guys know that devs started making computer games ahead of their time, like Crysis. Not everyone has a $5000 dollar computer to play the game and if you guys see the sales charts you will see that Crysis is selling less than other AAA PC games. Devs still need to concntrate on making games that can be played by a wide number of people not just the elite gamers with the super computers. I have a super computer but most of my friends dont, they dont even know a lot - for example I know a guy who bought Crysis only to find out his computer was crap to run the game. The time for super graphics will come but at this point devs will start loosing money because a lot of people cant keep up witht the hardware requarements. Consoles might no have graphics that compare to the PC but for the price thir graphics are very good, Uncharted is good but keep in mind its only the PS3s first year and the 360s 2nd both consoles still have some potential.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

You guys know that devs started making computer games ahead of their time, like Crysis. Not everyone has a $5000 dollar computer to play the game and if you guys see the sales charts you will see that Crysis is selling less than other AAA PC games. Devs still need to concntrate on making games that can be played by a wide number of people not just the elite gamers with the super computers. I have a super computer but most of my friends dont, they dont even know a lot - for example I know a guy who bought Crysis only to find out his computer was crap to run the game. The time for super graphics will come but at this point devs will start loosing money because a lot of people cant keep up witht the hardware requarements. Consoles might no have graphics that compare to the PC but for the price thir graphics are very good, Uncharted is good but keep in mind its only the PS3s first year and the 360s 2nd both consoles still have some potential.themitko

wow? that was the most nonsence I have read here all day.....

if you actually think you need a $5000 computer to play this game you deserve to be run over by a truck, and than shot.

there are no sales charts for PC games....they are impossible to track in most cases due to many variables.....games that have high hardware requirements still sell very well...BF2 sold 2.5 million...farcry sold similarly...

you honestly, have no idea what you are talking about at all.

themitko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 themitko

[QUOTE="themitko"]You guys know that devs started making computer games ahead of their time, like Crysis. Not everyone has a $5000 dollar computer to play the game and if you guys see the sales charts you will see that Crysis is selling less than other AAA PC games. Devs still need to concntrate on making games that can be played by a wide number of people not just the elite gamers with the super computers. I have a super computer but most of my friends dont, they dont even know a lot - for example I know a guy who bought Crysis only to find out his computer was crap to run the game. The time for super graphics will come but at this point devs will start loosing money because a lot of people cant keep up witht the hardware requarements. Consoles might no have graphics that compare to the PC but for the price thir graphics are very good, Uncharted is good but keep in mind its only the PS3s first year and the 360s 2nd both consoles still have some potential.cobrax75

if you actually think you need a $5000 computer to play this game you deserve to be run over by a truck, and than shot.

there are no sales charts for PC games....they are impossible to track in most cases due to many variables.....games that have high hardware requirements still sell very well...BF2 sold 2.5 million...farcry sold similarly...

Wow, such ignorance. Do me a favor and go around and ask random people about their computer specs. I went to buy Crysis and it was full almost none sold, my friend works at Best buy and we both were really interested in this game. More people are buying games like COD4 or Far Cry(still). When I said a $5000 computer it was a generelaziton but a good graphic card costs like $500-$600 then you need 2gig of Ram and some hardrive space if you want to power you computer to play all these high profile games - that is if your processor isnt crap. Trust me if hardware requarements keep going up the normal gamers who cant afford the parts will not be able to get the games. Stop being ignorant and look around then tell me if a lot of people buy high spec games WITHIN THE FIRST MONTHS THEY ARE RELEASED I AM NOT ARGUING OVER THE COURSE OF A YEAR OR MORE WHEN YOU CAN AFFOR THE PARTS.

themitko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 themitko
Better yet im gonna go buy a HP Balckbird and by 2010 IN ONLY TWO YEARS MAYBE THREE I will havo to upgrade that super computer just to play some game they just released then or I will have to buy more parts for it WHILE IM STILL PAYING THE ORIGINAL ONE OFF try arguing with that!
Mad_Rhetoric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Mad_Rhetoric
Member since 2005 • 3642 Posts
[QUOTE="Hydrolex"]

OMGGGG ! I just finisehd the game today. What a beautiful game. What a beautiful story. The soundtracks are Amazing and the actors are PERFECT. Just go and buy this game then you know what i'm saying.

uncharted graphics> Gears of war > Halo 3 > Crysis and ....

-Ninja_Dog-

Score wise Crysis > Gears of War > Halo 3 >>>>>Uncharted.

And the graphics are very plastic looking.So no.

it almost looks like a cartoon IMO
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts
[QUOTE="SOedipus"]

[QUOTE="Hydrolex"]Have you plaid it ? Crysis looks very good but you need a 5000 computer. with PS3 specs it beats CrysisHydrolex

Hahahaha........what?

I mean you need a$5,000 computer not 5000 lol

My computer is around 1,200 and can play it on medium.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

[QUOTE="themitko"]You guys know that devs started making computer games ahead of their time, like Crysis. Not everyone has a $5000 dollar computer to play the game and if you guys see the sales charts you will see that Crysis is selling less than other AAA PC games. Devs still need to concntrate on making games that can be played by a wide number of people not just the elite gamers with the super computers. I have a super computer but most of my friends dont, they dont even know a lot - for example I know a guy who bought Crysis only to find out his computer was crap to run the game. The time for super graphics will come but at this point devs will start loosing money because a lot of people cant keep up witht the hardware requarements. Consoles might no have graphics that compare to the PC but for the price thir graphics are very good, Uncharted is good but keep in mind its only the PS3s first year and the 360s 2nd both consoles still have some potential.themitko

Wow, such ignorance. Do me a favor and go around and ask random people about their computer specs. I went to buy Crysis and it was full almost none sold, my friend works at Best buy and we both were really interested in this game. More people are buying games like COD4 or Far Cry(still). When I said a $5000 computer it was a generelaziton but a good graphic card costs like $500-$600 then you need 2gig of Ram and some hardrive space if you want to power you computer to play all these high profile games - that is if your processor isnt crap. Trust me if hardware requarements keep going up the normal gamers who cant afford the parts will not be able to get the games. Stop being ignorant and look around then tell me if a lot of people buy high spec games WITHIN THE FIRST MONTHS THEY ARE RELEASED I AM NOT ARGUING OVER THE COURSE OF A YEAR OR MORE WHEN YOU CAN AFFOR THE PARTS.

Farcry was Ubisofts best selling game at the time of release...and that was with no hype at all....and requirements that were about as high as crysis, relative to their time.

and hearing you talki about PC hardware makes me laugh cause you have no clue what you are talking about at all.....yes, a very high end graphics card will cost $500...but an 8800GT is $250....I build my PC for $1500, and it has a 8800GTX in it...

you dont seem to realize, that PC games have settings that scale either...in fact, you really dont seem to realize anything at all.

Gun_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gun_Haze
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts
not crysis but its the console king
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#59 Warp_2567
Member since 2004 • 11701 Posts
Um no, uncharted looks like garbage compared to COD4.CrimsonBlade360
LMAO no
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts

[QUOTE="Hydrolex"]Have you plaid it ? Crysis looks very good but you need a 5000 computer. with PS3 specs it beats CrysisSOedipus

Hahahaha........what?

I gotta admit, that made me laugh.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

Better yet im gonna go buy a HP Balckbird and by 2010 IN ONLY TWO YEARS MAYBE THREE I will havo to upgrade that super computer just to play some game they just released then or I will have to buy more parts for it WHILE IM STILL PAYING THE ORIGINAL ONE OFF try arguing with that!themitko

Well that's the problem. If you buy a pre-built, you're gonna get ripped off.

Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts
[QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"][QUOTE="Hydrolex"]

OMGGGG ! I just finisehd the game today. What a beautiful game. What a beautiful story. The soundtracks are Amazing and the actors are PERFECT. Just go and buy this game then you know what i'm saying.

Mad_Rhetoric

it almost looks like a cartoon IMO

Ditto

themitko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 themitko
[QUOTE="themitko"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

[QUOTE="themitko"]You guys know that devs started making computer games ahead of their time, like Crysis. Not everyone has a $5000 dollar computer to play the game and if you guys see the sales charts you will see that Crysis is selling less than other AAA PC games. Devs still need to concntrate on making games that can be played by a wide number of people not just the elite gamers with the super computers. I have a super computer but most of my friends dont, they dont even know a lot - for example I know a guy who bought Crysis only to find out his computer was crap to run the game. The time for super graphics will come but at this point devs will start loosing money because a lot of people cant keep up witht the hardware requarements. Consoles might no have graphics that compare to the PC but for the price thir graphics are very good, Uncharted is good but keep in mind its only the PS3s first year and the 360s 2nd both consoles still have some potential.cobrax75

Farcry was Ubisofts best selling game at the time of release...and that was with no hype at all....and requirements that were about as high as crysis, relative to their time.

and hearing you talki about PC hardware makes me laugh cause you have no clue what you are talking about at all.....yes, a very high end graphics card will cost $500...but an 8800GT is $250....I build my PC for $1500, and it has a 8800GTX in it...

you dont seem to realize, that PC games have settings that scale either...in fact, you really dont seem to realize anything at all.

You are stuck on me saying $5000 that was farfetched Iagree but if you see my original arguments was PC vs console. And I said to upgrade your PC just so you can Play a game like crysis it will cost you a lot more than if you just buy a console which have grahpics only a little bit weaker than PCs. and consoles still have a future ahead of them and it is cheaper then computer parts you will have to buy every other year. Not everyone is like you and has $1500 to built their own computer, I'll be lucky enough to make enoguh money for a new craphic card. And playing PC games on low setting cant compare to what my point is and thats is PC graphics vs Console and the price of it.

Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

Crysis = Best Graphics in a Game.

Uncharted = Best Graphics in a console game.

Trust me I have both ;).

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
It doesn't beat Crysis, by any stretch of the imagination. And, for those of you saying "bu..you need teh $5000000 computer" - I don't believe that had anything to do with the thread. Stop damage controlling.
mohammadnb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mohammadnb
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

agree but not crysis

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

It doesn't beat Crysis, by any stretch of the imagination. And, for those of you saying "bu..you need teh $5000000 computer" - I don't believe that had anything to do with the thread. Stop damage controlling.Erkidu

Dude if you are just asking for a tower, you could get a PC that plays Crysis on all high settings with 4xAA, which still looks better than anything around for around 1k.

It's unbelievable how people blow out of proportion prices.

MotoZuki13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MotoZuki13
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts

Hydrolex

I have the game. It has awesome graphics, but not as good as Crysis.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Crysis says NO.RotaryRX7

Crysis also says "no" to every computer that tries to play on HIGH.

My copy of Crysis says yes. Very yes. :?

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="themitko"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

[QUOTE="themitko"]You guys know that devs started making computer games ahead of their time, like Crysis. Not everyone has a $5000 dollar computer to play the game and if you guys see the sales charts you will see that Crysis is selling less than other AAA PC games. Devs still need to concntrate on making games that can be played by a wide number of people not just the elite gamers with the super computers. I have a super computer but most of my friends dont, they dont even know a lot - for example I know a guy who bought Crysis only to find out his computer was crap to run the game. The time for super graphics will come but at this point devs will start loosing money because a lot of people cant keep up witht the hardware requarements. Consoles might no have graphics that compare to the PC but for the price thir graphics are very good, Uncharted is good but keep in mind its only the PS3s first year and the 360s 2nd both consoles still have some potential.themitko

You are stuck on me saying $5000 that was farfetched Iagree but if you see my original arguments was PC vs console. And I said to upgrade your PC just so you can Play a game like crysis it will cost you a lot more than if you just buy a console which have grahpics only a little bit weaker than PCs. and consoles still have a future ahead of them and it is cheaper then computer parts you will have to buy every other year. Not everyone is like you and has $1500 to built their own computer, I'll be lucky enough to make enoguh money for a new craphic card. And playing PC games on low setting cant compare to what my point is and thats is PC graphics vs Console and the price of it.

do you not realize that you upgrade to get better graphics in the first place?

console graphics arent gonna get drasticlly better in the next few years....PC graphics are....

and the gap is already quite large....on the consoles....COD4 isnt even in HD...where as on the PC....it can be maxed out easily by a mid ranged card.

Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Warp_2567
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

No people.

Maybe in his opinion. But its pretty average.

-Ninja_Dog-

Have you played the finished product on an HDTV? If you did I doubt you would have posted this horrible screen shot in an attempt to debunk Uncharted's graphical glory.

I'll check out the demo pretty soon.

But this doesn't look that hot.

You think its the has the best graphics out of any console game?

good job picking a crappy screenshot of a game that looks tons better in motion. I can do that with any game:

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

Have you plaid it ? Crysis looks very good but you need a 5000 computer. with PS3 specs it beats CrysisHydrolex

dude i plaid that **** so much i thought i was in Scotland - you know what i'm sayin yo?

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Please.

Crysis graphics> Uncharted graphics

It should be pretty obvious.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
[QUOTE="Hydrolex"]

-Ninja_Dog-

I know it's pointless but it was actually Gears of War >Crysis > Halo 3 >>>>>Uncharted score wise because Gearswas 9.6. Also Cows get a great looking game and now it's Perfect because of it. They seem it forget that it's a great but not fantastic game and that a game called Crysis exist.

themitko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 themitko
[QUOTE="themitko"][QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="themitko"][QUOTE="cobrax75"]

do you not realize that you upgrade to get better graphics in the first place?

console graphics arent gonna get drasticlly better in the next few years....PC graphics are....

and the gap is already quite large....on the consoles....COD4 isnt even in HD...where as on the PC....it can be maxed out easily by a mid ranged card.

Yes you said it yourself quote"do you not realize that you upgrade to get better graphics in the first place" I do realize and thats my point upgrading every other year is annoying and money consuming. I love computer games but I want to paly them with my friends and they wont be able to play them until 1-2 years form now when prices drop to a few hundred bucks. Uncharted was the original topic of this thread and Im done with this argument. I still believe computers requare much more from you than consoles and its not aways worth it to the regular gamer.

Duo75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Duo75
Member since 2005 • 283 Posts
IMO Uncharted>Gears BUT Crysis>EVERTHING...I have gears and i have uncharted so this is not a bias comment, just my honest opinion. One guy on here did state the "plastic" thing. I notice this too, but the only character model it seems to effect is drake, its like they made him uber reflective...
MotoZuki13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MotoZuki13
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts

St_muscat

I know it's pointless but it was actually Gears of War >Crysis > Halo 3 >>>>>Uncharted score wise because Gearswas 9.6. Also Cows get a great looking game and now it's Perfect because of it. They seem it forget that it's a great but not fantastic game and that a game called Crysis exist.

Just to let you know that Gears's score of 9.6 means nothing. the PC version of gears scored 9.0 and if you watch the reviews, you will see the reviewer saying that the PC version has better graphics and everything else, so 9.6 a year ago does not mean the game is better and I could easily show a game on the PS2 that scored a 10 in 2001, does that mean it's better than gears. You guys have the most pathetic logic when it comes to proving your point. I am a PC(Playing Gears right now) gamer and I own a PS3(playing Uncharted). I would rate these games as follows

Crysis (no doubt)>Uncharted>Gears>Halo3 (yes I played Halo3, it has medicore graphics at best)

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

Hydrolex

While some of the best, Drake's graphics to me are nothig comparing to Assassins creed ones

Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Warp_2567

No people.

-Ninja_Dog-

yes, pretty average indeed
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#80 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

I think AC looks better:

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

I agree, Assassisn looks VASTLY better for me, but the 360 version that has the amazing colors, this pics is nothing like what i see on my 360 Assassins

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

No people.

-Ninja_Dog-

Have you played the finished product on an HDTV? If you did I doubt you would have posted this horrible screen shot in an attempt to debunk Uncharted's graphical glory.

I'll check out the demo pretty soon.

But this doesn't look that hot.

You think its the has the best graphics out of any console game?

Screens don't do the game justice. The game looks sooo beautiful in motion and HD. Even Game Trailers said in their review that it is definately the best looking console game. To the TC... no... it does not look better than crysis.

I highly recommend buying it if you have the coins.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50666 Posts

Um no, uncharted looks like garbage compared to COD4.CrimsonBlade360

Moving on.

It's the best in consoles, but Crysis is far better. Nothing comes close to that right now.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
I am no expert at putting PCs together but mine cost me about 1000euro. It has a nice e6600 2.4ghz dual core processor which i can overclock a bit, Geforce 8800GTX 768mb, 2bg of Patriot ddr2s, nice mother board, windows inclouded, some harddrive and a nice dvd recorder, a couple fans, cables to hook up to tv ( i dont do that but still) Keyboard, Logitech MX518 mouse. That for a 1000 not bad I say and surprise surprise I play Crysis on Very High without AA cause i play at a high resolution so its not needed. The game works great even when there are buildings exploding around me.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
it looks good. but maybe you didn't play some of the othe games.
mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

it is by far the best looking console game out there... no doubt about it

and for the people that say it looks like plastic you havnt played it

fnk_poils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 fnk_poils
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

LOL

elbow2k

best fail pic EVER !

can i use it too ? with so many fanboys failing these days i might need the brave dog :D

what was this thread about again ?

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

ROTFLOL.......Uncharted definately doesn't have the best graphics on a console, what a tard.

Gears of War and Assasins Creed look noticably better than Uncharted.

What a Failure of a Thread.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Chutebox

ROTFLOL.......Uncharted definately doesn't have the best graphics on a console, what a tard.

AgentVX

No they don't. You have obviously never played Uncharted.

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentVX"]

Chutebox

Sure they do, and I have played uncharted. Not bad game, look pretty nice, but no where near Gears or Assasins.

Where do these fools keep coming up from? Silly sony fanboys and their fantasies.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

AgentVX

Sure they do, and I have played uncharted. Not bad game, look pretty nice, but no where near Gears or Assasins.

Where do these fools keep coming up from? Silly sony fanboys and their fantasies.

hypocrisy at its finest.

Edit: Can't type...

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
everyone said the same thing about lair :roll:
Avatar image for Maverick_Chaos1
Maverick_Chaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Maverick_Chaos1
Member since 2007 • 415 Posts

Hydrolex

Uncharted looks way better than this garbage. WOW WTH ? Why it's foggy andblurry

It's called an art style.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Chutebox

everyone said the same thing about lair :roll:toxicmog

And they were right. Lair has awesome graphics, unfortunetly almost everything else about it sucks lol.

carlbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 carlbot
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

^^ TBH i do not think it comes close to crysis :S

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cobrax75
those are some very nice crysis shots.
DBoCaRnAgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DBoCaRnAgE
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts

ahah put a CRYSIS SCREENSHOT UP i wanna see what you got here i'll do it for you

MEDIUM SETTINGS FTW ??

carlbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 carlbot
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

imo i think crysis at medium settings may even look better than uncharted, it certainly doesn't look ugly.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Crysis says NO.RotaryRX7

Crysis also says "no" to every computer that tries to play on HIGH.

Not mine. Hell, I play it on Very High.