uh Oh...Destiny Beta off to rocky start on Xbone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

https://www.bungie.net/en-US/Forum/Topics?tg=%23Support

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/general_discussion/f/3817/t/1796442.aspx

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2bfxm3/psa_if_your_destiny_beta_install_gets_corrupted/

Big ol red warning box on bungies forum addressing the issue.. Gamers have been complaining of corrupted beta. Ouch.

#2 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11327 posts) -

Worked fine for me

#3 Posted by RageQuit4Life (416 posts) -

Another reason to get Playstation 4.

#4 Edited by clyde46 (47825 posts) -

If these problems are still happening on release then yes its a problem.

#5 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3678 posts) -

Better to happen in the beta stage than the full game. There was like 10 people on my friend list yesterday playing it, so it doesn't appear to be everyone experiencing issues.

#6 Posted by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

its not working amazingly well on PS4 either, the addition of Xbone gamers has really chocked up the servers

#7 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -
@chikenfriedrice said:

Worked fine for me

well obviously it's not working for everyone.

#9 Posted by sts106mat (20630 posts) -

hmm. kind of the point of a beta...iron out the kinks

#10 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11327 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Worked fine for me

well obviously it's not working for everyone.

So it worked for me....what else are we supposed to say in a thread like this besides flame

#11 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

Plays like liquid for me.

#12 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

Freaking Bungie, perhaps you can be smarter next time and have damn beta testing so this shyt gets fixed before releasing the..... ohhh wait. :P

#13 Posted by MonsieurX (32058 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

hmm. kind of the point of a beta...iron out the kinks

b-b-b-b-ut TLHBO!111

#14 Posted by sts106mat (20630 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@sts106mat said:

hmm. kind of the point of a beta...iron out the kinks

b-b-b-b-ut TLHBO!111

wouldn't know, I am playing the beta on PS4

#15 Posted by lostrib (44046 posts) -

Well it's a beta...

#16 Posted by coasterguy65 (6377 posts) -

Pretty sure that's the point of a Beta...to stress the system before opening it to everyone.

#17 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9920 posts) -

LOL amazonangry.

#18 Edited by delete-EasyComeEasyGo (382 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well it's a beta...

No Shit. What did they expect? PS4 had the same damn problem when trying to inter the code on PSN since day one.

#19 Posted by delete-EasyComeEasyGo (382 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

LOL amazonangry.

In all fairness, AmazonAngry does make some good points and bring in some good Entertainments to SW.

#20 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (5717 posts) -

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

LOL amazonangry.

In all fairness, AmazonAngry does make some good points and bring in some good Entertainments to SW.

True, but it's about 90-80% of the later and 10-20% of the former.

#21 Posted by Telekill (5272 posts) -

@clyde46: Exactly. This is a beta. It's not meant to be super polished and run perfectly, it's to test and fix potential issues. These problems being reported are actually good because it gives Bungie an idea of what tweaks to make before launch.

#22 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7632 posts) -

If the game was 100% good to go then it would not be in beta but released instead.

#23 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

Ah well, eh?

#24 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Worked fine for me

One does not = the gaming population.

#25 Edited by chikenfriedrice (11327 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Worked fine for me

One does not = the gaming population.

You should say that to everyone in this thread that says it worked fine for them....why pick on me? You owe me 10$ for making me read that.

#26 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Worked fine for me

One does not = the gaming population.

You should say that to everyone in this thread that says it worked fine for them....why pick on me? You owe me 10$ for making me read that.

No, because if you read correctly the tax is only on those who create threads.

Also because you're easy to pick on :P

#27 Edited by remiks00 (2634 posts) -

So what, did your account get banned or something Xboxdone74 aka AmazonAngry?

#28 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11327 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Worked fine for me

One does not = the gaming population.

You should say that to everyone in this thread that says it worked fine for them....why pick on me? You owe me 10$ for making me read that.

No, because if you read correctly the tax is only on those who create threads.

Also because you're easy to pick on :P

You should pay me because the thread I made was beautiful....

I am easy to pick on? Probably, because I always have to give my damn 2 cents.

#29 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9920 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

LOL amazonangry.

In all fairness, AmazonAngry does make some good points and bring in some good Entertainments to SW.

True, but it's about 90-80% of the later and 10-20% of the former.

That's being pretty generous.

#30 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Worked fine for me

One does not = the gaming population.

You should say that to everyone in this thread that says it worked fine for them....why pick on me? You owe me 10$ for making me read that.

No, because if you read correctly the tax is only on those who create threads.

Also because you're easy to pick on :P

You should pay me because the thread I made was beautiful....

I am easy to pick on? Probably, because I always have to give my damn 2 cents.

Don't worry i'm the same way. Training to be a psychologist you do a lot of introspection, so don't sweat the small stuff.

Also your thread was beautiful, but I read it months in advance.

#31 Posted by wolverine4262 (20208 posts) -

Yeah, its a beta.

#32 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11327 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Worked fine for me

One does not = the gaming population.

You should say that to everyone in this thread that says it worked fine for them....why pick on me? You owe me 10$ for making me read that.

No, because if you read correctly the tax is only on those who create threads.

Also because you're easy to pick on :P

You should pay me because the thread I made was beautiful....

I am easy to pick on? Probably, because I always have to give my damn 2 cents.

Don't worry i'm the same way. Training to be a psychologist you do a lot of introspection, so don't sweat the small stuff.

Also your thread was beautiful, but I read it months in advance.

Ahh I see....well good luck on the training. You can make a ton of money in that profession lol.

#33 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well it's a beta...

.

#34 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

You should pay me because the thread I made was beautiful....

I am easy to pick on? Probably, because I always have to give my damn 2 cents.

Don't worry i'm the same way. Training to be a psychologist you do a lot of introspection, so don't sweat the small stuff.

Also your thread was beautiful, but I read it months in advance.

Ahh I see....well good luck on the training. You can make a ton of money in that profession lol.

Yes, you have to be good though.

Good luck not having to pay me crappy thread taxes.

Also Friend me on XBL we should play sometime. Hellserge.

#36 Posted by stereointegrity (10896 posts) -

its a beta...wtf did u expect

#37 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

The only problem I had was that you needed XBLG to be able to redeem the beta code.... had to use my brothers gold account, and then play it on my own. This was on the X1 btw. I was able to download the game in 2 hours time.

#38 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11327 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

You should pay me because the thread I made was beautiful....

I am easy to pick on? Probably, because I always have to give my damn 2 cents.

Don't worry i'm the same way. Training to be a psychologist you do a lot of introspection, so don't sweat the small stuff.

Also your thread was beautiful, but I read it months in advance.

Ahh I see....well good luck on the training. You can make a ton of money in that profession lol.

Yes, you have to be good though.

Good luck not having to pay me crappy thread taxes.

Also Friend me on XBL we should play sometime. Hellserge.

Already billing for your time....the training is paying off lol

Mine is JtoThaMtoThaP, I will add ya!

#40 Edited by Cloud_imperium (6984 posts) -

Ever heard of this thing called Beta .?

#41 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@EasyComeEasyGo: "No Shit. What did they expect? PS4 had the same damn problem when trying to inter the code on PSN since day one."

Proof? If there was such a problem, it wasn't nearly at the level of the xbone, so much that Bungie had to put a warning on their forums explaining what to do. The ps4 beta is extremely smooth.

#42 Posted by MonsieurX (32058 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@EasyComeEasyGo: "No Shit. What did they expect? PS4 had the same damn problem when trying to inter the code on PSN since day one."

Proof? If there was such a problem, it wasn't nearly at the level of the xbone, so much that Bungie had to put a warning on their forums explaining what to do. The ps4 beta is extremely smooth.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/07/17/psn-bungie-suffering-network-issues-as-destiny-beta-goes-live/

#43 Posted by StormyJoe (6742 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

https://www.bungie.net/en-US/Forum/Topics?tg=%23Support

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/general_discussion/f/3817/t/1796442.aspx

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2bfxm3/psa_if_your_destiny_beta_install_gets_corrupted/

Big ol red warning box on bungies forum addressing the issue.. Gamers have been complaining of corrupted beta. Ouch.

It's a beta. Jesus, you people never let up.

#44 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3229 posts) -

This is a beta. Bugs are expected.