Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I figured they would clarify, it would cost them so much money in a lawsuit and negative PR that they would end up being purchased by Microsoft 🤣

maybe we should follow the cows and send them dick pics?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2490 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
As popular as buying games digitally has become one of the obvious downfalls is that you never really own anything, you essentially just purchase a licence to play it.

But watch the dumbfucks say a physical copy is just a license too, as if there is no practical difference.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59338 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Think it's probably worth noting as well, removing content you own isn't new.

Rockstar already done this with Grand Theft Auto titles, removing tracks due to licence agreements along with downgrading aspects of the game.

Jumping further back, Shogun 2 done this as well. When Fall Of The Samurai dropped the visuals were downgraded for performance purposes.

I'm happy got people who like this trash franchise that they will be allowed to endure them. But skimming through the thread, find the idea that gamers wouldn't think Ubisoft would do this more laughable than gamers reacting (with good indication) they were.

We've already seen in particular older legacy titles de-listed, for no other reason than to sell monetarily desirable remasters. Going one step behind that, yea, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

Has happened before, with many Ubi titles. Driver: SF had this issue (one of the few Ubi games I like), and I got around it with third party key reseller.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

@uninspiredcup: admittedly my initial reaction was to just assume Ubisoft did the worst, like most people did in this thread. I still suspect they did and the change was a quick cover-their-ass move after seeing the many clickbait articles, but as the facts are displayed now, it seems like an error.

I don't think we should cut Ubishit too much slack but even they deserve the benefit of the doubt once in a blue moon.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70414 Posts

Oh lord, the conspiracy theories have already started.🙄

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Notice:DLC for this product and online elements and features will become unavailable, as of Sept 1st, 2022. The base game will continue to be playable.

They updated the store description.

Still massively shitty they are taking away DLC that people paid for, something that they could easily patch that this isn't the case, but clearly Ubisoft does not care for their customers or their games (aka shit company).

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

This is a server issue, not a Downloadable game issue. THe issue is ubisoft's authentication.

Edit: ANd it seems the thread premise has been refuted.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34778 Posts

Would be cool to own the games you buy, indeed.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44280 Posts

@Chutebox:

Only a -10?

Seriously, I really didn't want to use that gif but it said precisely what I searched for but yep, I'll give myself a -100 for using her. lol :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#61 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59338 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't think we should cut Ubishit too much slack but even they deserve the benefit of the doubt once in a blue moon.

@Maroxad said:

Edit: ANd it seems the thread premise has been refuted.

People are still having paid content removed...

Very old (and still very common) cars' sales trick.

Make the initial price higher to the potential buyer, then offer the actual price as the proposed discount to make the actual intent seem diminished. A perceived win for the consumer when in reality, the businessman is winning.

“As stated in our support article, only DLCs and online features will be affected by the upcoming decommissioning,” Ubisoft senior corporate communications manager Jessica Roache said in a statement toThe Verge. “Current owners of those games will still be able to access, play, or redownload them.

It's fine.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@SecretPolice: -10 points for using a gif with latifa in it.

That's great XD

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 957 Posts
@fedor said:

This is why I live by the simple rule of never giving Ubi money.

This isnt just a Ubi problem. If stuff like this gets a pass, not much longer for other devs to realize they can do it aswell

Destiny 2 for ex, already removed content people paid for and, sure, some people complained but they did it anyway and most didnt care. Its a dangerous precedent for digital purchases if stuff like this keeps happening without anyone batting an eye. It only takes the first for the next to follow

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1410 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

That sounds absolutely bonkers and can’t imagine valve will go along with this quietly as it essentially undermines their entire business model!

What's that supposed business model? Shovel games ad infinitum?

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2260 Posts

@palasta: quality post!🙄🙄

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@vatususreturns said:
@fedor said:

This is why I live by the simple rule of never giving Ubi money.

This isnt just a Ubi problem. If stuff like this gets a pass, not much longer for other devs to realize they can do it aswell

Destiny 2 for ex, already removed content people paid for and, sure, some people complained but they did it anyway and most didnt care. Its a dangerous precedent for digital purchases if stuff like this keeps happening without anyone batting an eye. It only takes the first for the next to follow

Even Destiny 2 wasn't the first and Rockstar removed content from the Steam version of GTA SA.

I'd rather they just they stop selling their game when licenses expire than to tell the people that bought it before they are losing certain features.

I mean for Ubisoft it's doubly crap:

• First they cut up half their game in deluxe editions, day one DLC and collectors editions. They basically sell this stuff that is necessary as extra
  • Then they tell you you can no longer have access to the DLC, DLC that is basically necessary to enjoy your game.

Either stop cutting up your games or don't make it so people can't have access to stuff they bought.

Just stop being shit, industry. It's not that hard.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1410 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

@palasta: quality post!🙄🙄

Yeah, at least some of us care for quality... unlike some steamy pile of putrid garbage.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44686 Posts

Don't worry, Ubisoft is probably repackaging the games with a hidden Bitcoin mining routine and they'll make that version accessible free.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44686 Posts

I think I figured out why they are removing this. AC Liberation was released on PC years before it was included in the AC3 Remastered which has Liberarion and all the AC3 expansion content. Could be they removed the older listing because they have a modern release. I can see why they might remove it from store but see no reason to take away people's previous purchases. Still, publishers sometimes screw up removing titles from store to also remove from their libraries, it happens by mistake, any time it has happened to me they fixed it eventually.