Two Worlds II vs Elder Scrolls 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

I understand that all of you may think I'm crazy, but I believe Two Worlds II has what it takes to take on Skyrim.

After watching this video on the massive customization features in the game, I thought about what the competition could do to even come close to the depth of the gameplay mechanics in Two Worlds II.

What do you guys think? Which will have the deeper gameplay experience?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

was anyone else just waiting for Onlive to be mentioned while reading ? lol

I'm willing to bet arm and leg that Elder Scrolls will be the better game

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

lawlessx

I kind of was lol. I'm so use to TC always bring up Onlive.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

lawlessx

Haha yeah, as soon as I see the avatar I know that somewhere in the post OnLive will be mentioned.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Played like 10 hours of Two Worlds 2, its not great. Customization is pretty weak, shops randomize items they sell, the combat is worse than Oblivion even, the game is not bad, a giant improvement on the first which is like not even worth looking at, but it doesn't feel like it can begin to compete with even the worst elder scrolls title. Its only great idea is mixing spell cards, its pretty innovative, but ranged combat is super broken and makes the game really easy, if Skyrim makes all of its ideas come to fruitition, it will be a much better game, even if it doesn't, it will surely be better than Oblivion at least, and Oblivion is already better.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

As someone who has played Two Worlds 2 (early release in europe) I will say that Two Worlds 2 is better than oblivion but worse than Morrowind. Spell casting in particular is awesome, though it will take time for it to become enjoyable however, due to having to buy a lot of cards.

Right now I am a wizard and I am playing Katamari... with corpses :twisted:

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

My money is on Skyrim by a large margin, but I am certain that I will love Two Worlds II for what it brings to the table. I have it pre-ordered and paid for and have been looking forward to it since it was still an expansion called 'The Temptation'.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rikusaki

As someone who has played Two Worlds 2 (early release in europe ftw) I will say that Two Worlds 2 is better than oblivion but worse than Morrowind. Spell casting in particular is awesome, though it will take time for it to become enjoyable however, due to having to buy a lot of cards.

Maroxad
That's awesome. Yeah. There's millions of spells you can create.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

As someone who has played Two Worlds 2 (early release in europe ftw) I will say that Two Worlds 2 is better than oblivion but worse than Morrowind. Spell casting in particular is awesome, though it will take time for it to become enjoyable however, due to having to buy a lot of cards.

Rikusaki
That's awesome. Yeah. There's millions of spells you can create.

There is a lot, but they aren't all meaningful or that different from others. That and the game world is pretty tiny.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

There is a lot, but they aren't all meaningful or that different from others. That and the game world is pretty tiny.110million

I disagree, after experimenting with various spells, not just combining cards, but also synergizing spells I found myself becoming much more powerful (weakest party member to a killing machine) than I was originally. I will also disagree with melee being worse, in Oblivion it took 40 hits to kill a single enemy on later levels simply because the damage would stop increasing.

I will however agree that some spells are very similar especially ones using the damage modifier card.

Basicly, I originally used only 3 spells: Explosive Lightning Bolt, Heal, Summon Demon Dog

However after experimenting I had A lot more spells dramaticly increasing my damage

Lightning Shotgun
Explosive Lightning
Heal
Summon
Trap
Invisibility
Restore Stamina
Big Blast of Doom

As for which game is better, it dephends on if Skyrim lives up to what it promises to be. Oblivion was one of the most shallow games I have ever played, mods made it decently enjoyable. And if Skyrim somehow manages to be an even more dumbed down Elder Scrolls game than Oblivion, well...

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
I'm willing to be that neither of them will be particularly good RPGs.
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

There's no question that Two Worlds 2 will be deeper, hell Two Worlds 1 is probably deeper than Skyrim will be. People are going to take out their frustrations with two worlds on your poll though. Personally, I thought the game was really good, especially after tweaking lots of the values and a few mods.

Boomshaffted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boomshaffted
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts
Meh, that's like saying Killzone 2 would be better than Halo 3. I'm sure the second iteration will be a notable improvement, but, it's a bit of a longshot to think it'll be better.
sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

Twin-Blade

Haha yeah, as soon as I see the avatar I know that somewhere in the post OnLive will be mentioned.

i dont think onlive could handle 2 worlds

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

Meh, that's like saying Killzone 2 would be better than Halo 3. I'm sure the second iteration will be a notable improvement, but, it's a bit of a longshot to think it'll be better.Boomshaffted

This. After the first game its hard to imagine them pulling off a game at ES-level, even thought Oblivion had its own great faults, I don't see it happening.

But who knows, they might surprise me.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rikusaki

There's no question that Two Worlds 2 will be deeper, hell Two Worlds 1 is probably deeper than Skyrim will be. People are going to take out their frustrations with two worlds on your poll though. Personally, I thought the game was really good, especially after tweaking lots of the values and a few mods.

bachilders
Yeah... Those people really need to watch the video in the OP to see where I'm coming from. :?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

new Elderscrolls is my bet, what ive played of Two Worlds2 was a HUGE improvement over the first one (which was one of hte worst rpgs ive played in 24 years of gaming), but I wouldn't consider it super deep gameplay wise. But its the improvement in performance, graphics, voice acting and gameplay that makes a big difference in Two Worlds2 when compared to the horrid first one. Id say its better then Oblivion but not as good as say Daggerfall, Morrowind, Risen or even drakensang imo.

I am thinking the new elderscrolls will be a huge improvement over Oblivion.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
Meh, that's like saying Killzone 2 would be better than Halo 3. I'm sure the second iteration will be a notable improvement, but, it's a bit of a longshot to think it'll be better.Boomshaffted
but killzone 2 is better then halo 3. this game looks ok . I admit I never heard of two worlds, will probably pick it up when the price drop
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

No.

Boomshaffted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Boomshaffted
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts
[QUOTE="Boomshaffted"]Meh, that's like saying Killzone 2 would be better than Halo 3. I'm sure the second iteration will be a notable improvement, but, it's a bit of a longshot to think it'll be better.da_illest101
but killzone 2 is better then halo 3. this game looks ok . I admit I never heard of two worlds, will probably pick it up when the price drop

Cute. Nice to know Cows can still convince themselves of just about anything :)
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#21 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I got my money down for Skyrim. I agree that Two Worlds 2 looks too good to pass up (it's not that often that I'm willing to "pretend the awful first one didn't exist" and give its sequel a chance) and I'm actually...pretty stoked for the game :o.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Elder Scrolls sounds promising but Oblivion was a such a ****ing horrible mess that I won't get hyped too much until I've seen more of the game.

max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

two worlds 2 has no chance against skyrim

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Im sure Two Worlds 2 is a great game but im expecting Skyrim to be the best game this gen :P

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

So you going to judge a game that hasen't even come out?

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
[QUOTE="da_illest101"][QUOTE="Boomshaffted"]Meh, that's like saying Killzone 2 would be better than Halo 3. I'm sure the second iteration will be a notable improvement, but, it's a bit of a longshot to think it'll be better.Boomshaffted

Cute. Nice to know Cows can still convince themselves of just about anything :)

If I was a cow i wouldn't even have played halo, Crysis is better then halo, now you are going to call me a hermit?
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

TwoWorlds 2 will hold peole off Till Elder Scrolls 5 thats it. Oh and needing a staff to cast magic in Two worlds 2is retarded.

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts

This is stupid. You might as well have a poll asking if you are a gamer or a fanboy!

You have one game that is available to buy and play, with 100's of detailed gameplay video's and reviews on You Tube and the web, and you have another title that nobody knows hardly anything about!

I have seen so many posts on You Tube saying Skrim will slaughter Witcher 2, Two Worlds II, basically any cRPG that is due out before Skyrim! To me it is totally stupid! Of course, gamers have short memories, remember all the pre hype for Deus Ex 2? Or Far Cry 2? And what happened there?!

Maybe Skyrim will be the best thing since sliced bread, but many thought Oblivion wasn't as good as Morrowind, so there must be many worried gamers, like me, wondering how streamlined *dumbed down!) it's going to be (remember Empire Total War in terms of streamlining - or what avbout Civ 5, with the only way to win being battles now!). Maybe Skyrim will copy Dragon Age and have no exploration and enforced fast travel? After all, no body complained about this lack of gameworld in DA when it was released/reviewed! How many would have said a new RPG by Bioware would have no fantasy world to explore, with caves and ruins to find creatures/loot in!

So Skyrim could be anything - we just don't know. And it was obvious where this poll would go, because reality will always lose out to hope. We have seen Two Worlds II and all it's foibles, we no nothing about Skyrim at the moment - therefore it's perfect!

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I understand that all of you may think I'm crazy, but I believe Two Worlds II has what it takes to take on Skyrim.Rikusaki
Well that is crazy. Two worlds two is too generic. Too many twos as well. It looks more like a generic D&D playground than a game worth playing through.

I'd rather play it instead of Dragon Age 2 though.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I have seen so many posts on You Tube saying Skrim will slaughter Witcher 2, Two Worlds II, basically any cRPG that is due out before Skyrim! To me it is totally stupid! Of course, gamers have short memories, remember all the pre hype for Deus Ex 2? Or Far Cry 2? And what happened there?!Humorguy_basic
Skyrim will slaughter those games in sales due to the fan base. Bethesda will make sure it is at least as good as Obvlivion but with new quests. It's already pretty high on the pre-order list.
Maybe Skyrim will be the best thing since sliced bread, but many thought Oblivion wasn't as good as Morrowind, so there must be many worried gamers, like me, wondering how streamlined *dumbed down!) Humorguy_basic
Morrowind is overrated by pc fanboys that like to think of it as a pc exclusive even though it was a platinum seller on the Xbox. I'm not sure of where this idea that pc gamers love hardcore rpgs comes from. The most popular pc rpg right now is Warcraft and I've never played an rpg with so many mindless quests. I wanted to bash my brain against a wall after playing it.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Wow... Two Worlds looks like it could be a serious contender, nice thread but i'm guessing popularity of Elder Scrolls will win this one.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I can't believe Skyrim has so many votes. The game will be far from deep. It will probably be the better game, but if Oblivion is anything to go by, it won't be deeper.
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

[QUOTE="Humorguy_basic"]Maybe Skyrim will be the best thing since sliced bread, but many thought Oblivion wasn't as good as Morrowind, so there must be many worried gamers, like me, wondering how streamlined *dumbed down!) dc337

Morrowind is overrated by pc fanboys that like to think of it as a pc exclusive even though it was a platinum seller on the Xbox. I'm not sure of where this idea that pc gamers love hardcore rpgs comes from. The most popular pc rpg right now is Warcraft and I've never played an rpg with so many mindless quests. I wanted to bash my brain against a wall after playing it.

Wow caters to casuals and hardcores. Those mindless quests are for casuals and the heroic dungeons, battleground and arena pvp are for hardcore players. Wow does offer a lot of challenge to those who seek for it.

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

TW2 is a solid rpg and much better than I had expected. Though it is open world, its very quest intensive and when you're done questing the world is a bit empty, but there's a lot to do until you reach that point. The rpg aspects (crafting/spells/alchemy) are deep and rewarding for those who aren't too pleased with the trend in rpgs to be simpler or 'dumbed down.' I can't wait for Skyrim but TW2 is a quality rpg well worth the time and money I've put into it.