Twilight Princess (Wii) vs Ocarina of Time (n64) vote

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonyHater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonyHater
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts
My vote goes to OoT and here is why

Think of the resources Nintendo used back in OoT.  The whole game was on a 32MB cart.  All of the data, gameworld, text, etc that made the game so great fit on a 32MB cart.  It's almost seems impossible. TP has over 100x tha memory to work with on the wii because a standard dvd has 4.7 GB of memory.

System Recorces.   The Wii has alot of ram and processing power compared to the n64.  At the time of OoT release, the n64 had a total of 4MB of ram.  Thats it.  Compared to 40-60 MB to the Wii it's unfair comparison.  

OoT made so many innovative steps in 3D gameing that developers still use today.  They practically perfected the 3D battle system, made a camera that fully worked, and made a world where everything came to life.  TP just went beyond that and added touches.

Twilight Princess is a hell of a game and one of the best ever.  IT is not OoT though and I don't beleive we will see a game of that magnitude for years to come.
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

OoT is a gaming classic.  TP was not.

Good game.  But not classic.

jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts
Metal Gear.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts
TP was pretty bad in terms of Zelda games.  
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
ive never played TP but OoT is perfect in every way
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I have not played TP yet, but I already know that ALttP is superior to OoT. *runs inside flame fortress*
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
TP was a decent game, but come on, we're talking about Ocarina of Time here!  OoT wins hands-down.
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
My vote goes to Twilight Princess... but the Gamecube version of it. I own and have beat the GC version but I have yet to try the Wii version.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Brown52
I have not played TP yet, but I already know that ALttP is superior to OoT. *runs inside flame fortress*foxhound_fox

I thought OOT ripped off a lot of stuff from link to the past.  Then again, a lot of recent zelda games have.
arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 arinya
Member since 2006 • 1054 Posts
TP was pretty bad in terms of Zelda games. Brown52
Wow. What mad it so bad for you? Or are you exaggerating to seem interesting and opinionated?
arvikatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 arvikatarn
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
both are excellent games... but if i had to make a choice... i...i.. dont know really... OoT time feels more cozy, warmer... you know... the kind of game you like to play when you want something..... arrgh i cant describe really.... TP is my second choice though.. because of the music while your the wolf... arrgh i hate that music
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Brown52
[QUOTE="Brown52"]TP was pretty bad in terms of Zelda games. arinya
Wow. What mad it so bad for you? Or are you exaggerating to seem interesting and opinionated?

No, I'm not exaggerating.  Its my honest opinion that Zelda games have been slowly declining since OoT.  Majoras mask was pretty good, but Wind Waker and TP were terrible.  And when I say terrible, understand that they are terrible when compared to other zelda games, not as a game themselves.

Anyways, the bad points about TP you requested
SonyHater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SonyHater
A link to the Past is also one of the greats.  I'll always remember that classic game.
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
OoT got my vote, but it is not a large margin.
amtentori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 amtentori
Member since 2003 • 1911 Posts
side by side today tp will seem like a better game.. obviously... but tp had nowhere near the impact on me that oot had..

tp doesnt touch oot..

my vote goes to oot.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
What the crap. How can these games be tied in the voting? OoT was a completely re-invention of the series in full 3D. TP was an OoT rip. I. . .can't. . .believe this.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Brown52
[QUOTE="mythrol"]What the crap. How can these games be tied in the voting? OoT was a completely re-invention of the series in full 3D. TP was an OoT rip. I. . .can't. . .believe this.

Because despite the arguements, most sheep on these forums are pretty young, and haven't played the older Zelda games.
isaach11687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 isaach11687
Member since 2003 • 1634 Posts
OoT and TP are pretty much the same game. But Oot is 10 tens older. Thats why it wins. Tp was a good game but not a true Classic game. I was def. disappointed.
xanderdrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xanderdrae
Member since 2004 • 101 Posts
i actually like windwaker more than tp and i like oot more than windwaker.... i have recently been told that these are foolish thoughts lol.. but hey i like what i like
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

*Gets ready to be absolutely annihilated by flaming*

I thought Ocarina of Time was hugely over-rated. I enjoyed Wind Waker the most.

Nick-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nick-42
Member since 2006 • 1786 Posts
I have not played TP yet, but I already know that ALttP is superior to OoT. *runs inside flame fortress*foxhound_fox
|
Couldn't agree more with you.
phobos8u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 phobos8u
Member since 2003 • 518 Posts
Sure OoT was amazing, it was a break through in gaming history.

But, That aside...

I enjoy playing TP more then I enjoy OoT. I can't quite pin it down as to why, but I definetly have more fun with TP.
isaach11687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 isaach11687

Sure OoT was amazing, it was a break through in gaming history.

But, That aside...

I enjoy playing TP more then I enjoy OoT. I can't quite pin it down as to why, but I definetly have more fun with TP.
phobos8u

Because it is new. Oot has pretty much everything TP has, besides the graphixs, but its 10 tens older.

arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 arinya
Member since 2006 • 1054 Posts
[QUOTE="arinya"][QUOTE="Brown52"]TP was pretty bad in terms of Zelda games. Brown52

No, I'm not exaggerating. Its my honest opinion that Zelda games have been slowly declining since OoT. Majoras mask was pretty good, but Wind Waker and TP were terrible. And when I say terrible, understand that they are terrible when compared to other zelda games, not as a game themselves.

Anyways, the bad points about TP you requested

There are some of us that took it for what it was and others that with next-gen expectations. I really, really enjoyed TP. If anything I'd complain about how easy the bosses where and had wished that the enemies where as tough as the Armoured Knights you fight through the end part of the game.
A_Norman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 A_Norman
Member since 2004 • 1842 Posts
Twilight Princess was pretty good, but I thought Wind Waker was better and nothing beats Ocarina of Time in my book
acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
Oh my, this is very tough.... I have to go with OoT though.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
OoT is 10x better than TP even by today's standards.  To be honest, TP disappointed me.
isaach11687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 isaach11687

OoT is 10x better than TP even by today's standards.  To be honest, TP disappointed me.REVOLUTIONfreak

Me too.

Thunderjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thunderjack
Member since 2003 • 588 Posts
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game period. TC should have added it as a voting option.
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts
Both were great. I enjoyed both now I didnt get to play to much of TP but I got a good feel for it. I liked it but in the end OoT gets my Vote. OoT is one of the greatest video games ever created
SonyHater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SonyHater
Majora's Mask is the worst in the series.  It's more of a side story then anything.  Wind Waker?  It was good but no where near as good as some of the zelda's.  I put the original Legend of Zelda above Wind Waker.
jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
OoT is the greatest game ever created to me.
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#33 KingOfTaco
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts

OoT is hugely overrated. It was good for its time but people blow its quality WAY out of proportion.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
A link to the Past is also one of the greats.  I'll always remember that classic game.SonyHater
In my opinion, nothing can beat Link's Awakening. It was the first Zelda game I ever played, and I love it.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mythrol
[QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="mythrol"]What the crap. How can these games be tied in the voting? OoT was a completely re-invention of the series in full 3D. TP was an OoT rip. I. . .can't. . .believe this.

Because despite the arguements, most sheep on these forums are pretty young, and haven't played the older Zelda games.

This fact saddens me.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
you guys are really jaded. Of course OOT is better! But people fail to realize that it's story was an almost exact carbon copy of LTTP's story. TP also has simmalritys with LTTP and OOT......but I did not meet ONE character in OOT that was as interesting as Midna!
Thunderjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Thunderjack
Member since 2003 • 588 Posts
Majora's Mask is the worst in the series.  It's more of a side story then anything.  Wind Waker?  It was good but no where near as good as some of the zelda's.  I put the original Legend of Zelda above Wind Waker.SonyHater
What is wrong with you?
TSCombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TSCombo
Member since 2006 • 2957 Posts
Oot was more revolutionary of course but TP is a more polished and better game overall.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mythrol
[QUOTE="SonyHater"]A link to the Past is also one of the greats. I'll always remember that classic game.Tylendal
In my opinion, nothing can beat Link's Awakening. It was the first Zelda game I ever played, and I love it.

I played the original Zelda, but the first one I 'really" played was LoZ2 . . .yet I still think LTTP and OOT are better games. LTTP was a huge step for the series and OOT was a complete re-invention of it. Both are classics, however OOT had a much bigger impact on gaming as whole which is why I think OOT is the best of the series.
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game period. TC should have added it as a voting option.Thunderjack
MM was good but to me it was a little annoying because of how much you had to do the same thing over and over agin when you changed the time. I preffered OoT a lot more, but both 64 Zelda games were great
The_SandRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_SandRock
Member since 2004 • 1946 Posts

[QUOTE="SonyHater"]Majora's Mask is the worst in the series.  It's more of a side story then anything.  Wind Waker?  It was good but no where near as good as some of the zelda's.  I put the original Legend of Zelda above Wind Waker.Thunderjack
What is wrong with you?

It's not the best, OoT and ALttP were better, but I still liked MM, it was amazing what they did in such a short dev time.

Game_Addict247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Game_Addict247
Member since 2006 • 1838 Posts

I suppose Ocarina of Time was better for its time. HOWEVER, if you play either one for the first time, you won't magically transport back to 1998 nor conform to its standards. As unreasonable as it sounds, comparing them side to side is probably the only way to correctly judge them. Otherwise, things like nostalgia and childhood memories get in the way.

So I vote Twilight Princess.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
I honestly like Twilight Princess better. In fact, TP is my favorite game of all time.
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts
I like TP a little bit more only because the story isn't a complete ALTTP rehash, and there is character development.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="SonyHater"]A link to the Past is also one of the greats. I'll always remember that classic game.mythrol

I played the original Zelda, but the first one I 'really" played was LoZ2 . . .yet I still think LTTP and OOT are better games. LTTP was a huge step for the series and OOT was a complete re-invention of it. Both are classics, however OOT had a much bigger impact on gaming as whole which is why I think OOT is the best of the series.

I'm not that fond of Link to the Past, but I really like Majoras Mask and TP. OoT is good, but to be honest I've never actually beaten the game :(
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
I like TP a little bit more only because the story isn't a complete ALTTP rehash, and there is character development.Moon_of_Majora
Agreed. Midna's sassyness and Zant's crazyness >> Any of the dull, lifeless characters in OOT
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

[QUOTE="Thunderjack"]Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game period. TC should have added it as a voting option.PeterTimpa
MM was good but to me it was a little annoying because of how much you had to do the same thing over and over agin when you changed the time. I preffered OoT a lot more, but both 64 Zelda games were great

O_o If you are good enough, you rarely have to do the same things over and over. The only thing that needs to be repeated is the Anju and Kafei sidequest, to get the Postman's Hat or another bottle.

Truewiseblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Truewiseblade
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts
I enjoyed TP alot more than OoT. OoT story is almost non-existant in comparison. TP's characters just felt warmer and the characters felt more real.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
There is no contest, I cannot believe the poll. The games are leagues apart. OoT wins by a real long mile
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tylendal
There is no contest, I cannot believe the poll. The games are leagues apart. OoT wins by a real long milesuper_mario_128
That's odd, I disagree with you :wink: It's all a matter of opinion.