TW: Warhammer- Greenskins Campaign Map Gameplay (new UI, Diplomacy, Assassinations etc)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

UPDATE 2:

Campaign Map Gameplay:

WATCH HERE

https://youtu.be/vJUWImJUZrU

WATCH HERE

^^ Can't post video on BrokenSpot, so watch it directly on youtube.

Original:

Total War: Warhammer.... Campaign Map looks AMAZING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbvY_fij9E8

UPDATE:

In Addition to this, SEGA also revealed new expansion for Total War: Attila, that brings the game to medieval era.

Total War: Attila, Age of Charlemagne Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cloud_imperium

Updated.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

The map looks pretty damn good

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

@TheFadeForever: Yes, it does. TW Rome 2 looked great too, then we saw the release state.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@m3dude1 What FPS would PS4 run this on Ultra?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Man, I sure hope they make a Warhammer 40000 expansion. What I would give to see this engine take on the Imperium, Xenos and Chaos.

The Emperor Protects.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@-God- said:

0, just like the pc. this is nothing more than fake offline rendered footage.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Man, I sure hope they make a Warhammer 40000 expansion. What I would give to see this engine take on the Imperium, Xenos and Chaos.

The Emperor Protects.

Sorry, but i hate Warhammer, so i want more stuff like Attila.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 foxhound_fox

@Ant_17 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

The Emperor Protects.

What's there to hate? It's got everything one would want in a war fiction.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ant_17

@foxhound_fox said:
@Ant_17 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

The Emperor Protects.

What's there to hate? It's got everything one would want in a war fiction.

I think it's was back when i was playing Starcraft.

40k fans where just too moronic and hating that i'm hard wired to hate it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@m3dude1 said:
@-God- said:

fake offline rendered footage?

they have already shown gameplay..i don't think you even know what the trailer was.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Berserker1_5

@lawlessx said:
@m3dude1 said:
@-God- said:

they have already shown gameplay..i don't think you even know what the trailer was.

You are welcomed to look at their gameplay trailers for Rome 2 with the Siege of Carthage. Not only were the graphics dumbed down, it ran like crap, the city of Carthage was dumbed down tot he point it was nearly a generic city.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -God-

lol if anything thinks Rome2 on ultra could have run on PS3 properly. Just like when this game releases, no one in their right mind would ever think PS4 could compute all of these battles on anything past low.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m3dude1

@lawlessx said:
@m3dude1 said:
@-God- said:

ive seen the gameplay, its jaggy as **** and full of lod popping, shadow popping, tons of animation and clipping errors and more. funny, this magical trailer is somehow devoid of all of them? and historical precedent shows us that not once has a total war game ever lived up to the visuals they showcase in their bullshit "in engine" trailers.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lawlessx

@Berserker1_5 said:
@lawlessx said:
@m3dude1 said:
@-God- said:

You are welcome to look at their gameplay trailers for Rome 2 with the Siege of Carthage. Not only were the graphics dumbed down, it ran like crap, the city of Carthage was dumbed down tot he point it was nearly a generic city.

i doubt this is going to get dumb down:

Loading Video...

I remember what happened with Rome 2 very well since i preordered it.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Berserker1_5

@m3dude1 said:
@lawlessx said:
@m3dude1 said:
@-God- said:

ive seen the gameplay, its jaggy as **** and full of lod popping, shadow popping, tons of animation and clipping errors and more. funny, this magical trailer is somehow devoid of all of them? and historical precedent shows us that not once has a total war game ever lived up to the visuals they showcase in their bullshit "in engine" trailers.

You know what i hate about them using that "in game" crap. They are heavily edited. They don't let you see the game play at it's base, they let you see what they want you to see. It's like when you are going to buy a new car and all the guy is showing you is how the car looks great. The second you get in, it's a lemon.

Same thing here. I've seen their E3 demo, I've seen their in game trailer for Rome 2. The demo is clearly pulled and there is a legit step they wanted to do and would not try to break it...like they rehearsed it. This is so evident by the fact that when players want to try Rome 2, the game was crap. THE AI HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS DOING. I was there at launch, i was the moron who believed their idiotic rehearsed videos. AI running back and forth without issuing order; graphics that were horrendous that they never were able to patch it till the "re-released" the game a year later.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -God-

@m3dude1:

So do you think the release version on Ultra would run just fine on PS4?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lawlessx

@m3dude1 said:
@lawlessx said:
@m3dude1 said:
@-God- said:

ive seen the gameplay, its jaggy as **** and full of lod popping, shadow popping, tons of animation and clipping errors and more.

sounds like a game that is currently in alpha stages.

Loading Video...

So what is this? an in-engine trailer with full UI?

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Berserker1_5

@lawlessx said:
@Berserker1_5 said:
@lawlessx said:
@m3dude1 said:
@-God- said:

You are welcome to look at their gameplay trailers for Rome 2 with the Siege of Carthage. Not only were the graphics dumbed down, it ran like crap, the city of Carthage was dumbed down tot he point it was nearly a generic city.

i doubt this is going to get dumb down:

Loading Video...

I remember what happened with Rome 2 very well since i preordered it.

That WILL be dumbed down. Their engine is designed in the most abnormal way possible. It uses only 1 core at max capacity and the other cores are nearly idle. Unless they fix that, I'm sure they will have to dumb it down in some way. While that video itself is not good thing to use, I'll wait for their 1920*1080 ultra screenshots they tend to release to hype the game up. When that is up, i'll compare it will release

Regardless, graphics or performance will suffer.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cloud_imperium

@Berserker1_5: Rome 2 looked exactly like what was shown during ACTUAL gameplay. It just didn't look like vertical slice shown for the very first time. They haven't done same crap again. Since Attila they've been showing actual gameplays on twitch with UI and stuff to earn back the trust of their customers. Gameplay that we saw from Attila and Warhammer are all being played in real time and are not scripted events.

@lawlessx said:
@m3dude1 said:
@-God- said:

Lol, he doesn't even know that, it was reveal of campaign map.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Berserker1_5

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Berserker1_5: Rome 2 looked exactly like what was shown during ACTUAL gameplay. It just didn't look like vertical slice shown for the very first time. They haven't done same crap again. Since Attila they've been showing actual gameplays on twitch with UI and stuff to earn back the trust of their customers. Gameplay that we saw from Attila and Warhammer are all being played in real time and are not scripted events.

Attila had the advantage of using nearly the same engine. They used Rome's 2 engine tweaked it a bit. Ideally, they had nearly a full year of patches onto Rome 2 to stabilize the engine.

Rome 2 release is nothing like it was shown in E3 or their demos
This is the demo they released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws

This was the release graphics and gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUQM-Oh4SKA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpIENG0Y2k

It's not like this was something that no one complained about. There were hundreds of topics all over their home website. Like this one http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/79670-Pre-Alpha-Siege-of-Carthage-vs-Release-Siege-of-Carthage and many others.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cloud_imperium

@Berserker1_5 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Attila had the advantage of using nearly the same engine. They used Rome's 2 engine tweaked it a bit. Ideally, they had nearly a full year of patches onto Rome 2 to stabilize the engine.

It's not like this was something that no one complained about. There were hundreds of topics all over their home website. Like this one http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/79670-Pre-Alpha-Siege-of-Carthage-vs-Release-Siege-of-Carthage and many others.

Yup,,, that's what I said. The video that you posted is a vertical slice with no UI. I was talking about actual gameplay with UI, those gameplays looked exactly how the final game looked in the game. But as I said before, they did lie by saying that final version will look better but they haven't done same crap again. They've been showing actual gameplay with UI and stuff since Attila. They only pulled that vertical slice crap with Rome 2.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

I mean... isn't it just by default that this is the most unique world map for TW, considering all the others are just based off of world geography and topography?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m3dude1

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Berserker1_5 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Yup,,, that's what I said. The video that you posted is a vertical slice with no UI. I was talking about actual gameplay with UI, those gameplays looked exactly how the final game looked in the game. But as I said before, they did lie by saying that final version will look better but they haven't done same crap again. They've been showing actual gameplay with UI and stuff since Attila. They only pulled that vertical slice crap with Rome 2.

you mean like the hud in the original video you posted? oh wait.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@m3dude1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Berserker1_5 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

you mean like the hud in the original video you posted? oh wait.

That's footage of campaign map and Attila and Rome 2's campaign map already looks just as good. It's just that, current campaign map is more unique because it takes place in a fantasy setting. That's why I've posted it. It's very unique compared to previous games in the franchise.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 m3dude1

@Cloud_imperium: so you believe that trailer to be 100% visually representative of what the campaign map will look like correct?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud_imperium

@m3dude1 said:

@Cloud_imperium: so you believe that trailer to be 100% visually representative of what the campaign map will look like correct?

Facepalm. Do you even know what campaign map is?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Psssh puny greenskins get wrecked by chaos.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -God-

@-God- said:

@m3dude1:

So do you think the release version on Ultra would run just fine on PS4?

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@kinectthedots "starved PC gamers"

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Looks awesome as usual. What's the system requirements for this?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cloud_imperium

@Sollet said:

Looks awesome as usual. What's the system requirements for this?

Haven't announced them. But I hope it supports DX12.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Do we know which armies will be in this? I'd love for High Elves and Dark Elves to be in it!

Edit: Also is it me or would the armies being shown in these gameplay videos be something like 10 or 15k point armies? XD

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cloud_imperium

@ianhh6:

@ianhh6 said:

Do we know which armies will be in this? I'd love for High Elves and Dark Elves to be in it!

Edit: Also is it me or would the armies being shown in these gameplay videos be something like 10 or 15k point armies? XD

4 playable factions: Empire (Humans), Greenskins (Orcs and Goblins), Vampire Counts (Vampires) and Dwarfs. If you pre-order you get Chaos faction (main baddies in the game). Backlash for that Pre-order was huge, and CA said that they are taking it "seriously", hopefully they will get rid of that pre order "bonus".

The game is designed as trilogy, so other factions will be playable in sequels as we explore rest of the world map. Won't be surprised if Elves are there in the game but not playable in first iteration. Or may be there won't be Elves at all and they will come in the sequel. Don't know yet.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Catalli  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium said:

@ianhh6:

@ianhh6 said:

4 playable factions: Empire (Humans), Greenskins (Orcs and Goblins), Vampire Counts (Vampires) and Dwarfs. If you pre-order you get Chaos faction (main baddies in the game). Backlash for that Pre-order was huge, and CA said that they are taking it "seriously", hopefully they will get rid of that pre order "bonus".

The game is designed as trilogy, so other factions will be playable in sequels as we explore rest of the world map. Won't be surprised if Elves are there in the game but not playable in first iteration. Or may be there won't be Elves at all and they will come in the sequel. Don't know yet.

Hmm interesting. I do hope they make an appearance as playable armies at some point. Nonetheless the game looks sweet, and those four factions are enough to warrant a purchase. That is some serious pre-order bonus though, yeah. Hope they get rid of that.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cloud_imperium

@ianhh6 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@ianhh6:

@ianhh6 said:

Hmm interesting. I do hope they make an appearance as playable armies at some point. Nonetheless the game looks sweet, and those four factions are enough to warrant a purchase. That is some serious pre-order bonus though, yeah. Hope they get rid of that.

They WILL appear in sequels as playable factions. The question is, "Will they be in Warhammer 1 as UNPLAYABLE faction?". And yeah, even those 4 factions alone have more variety in units than any Total War game in the series.

And I'm glad that they are going for more streamlined experience instead of working on over a dozen of playable factions and releasing unfinished game in the end. CA is best at working on streamlined TW games like Shogun 2 for example.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Catalli  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium said:

They WILL appear in sequels as playable factions. The question is, "Will they be in Warhammer 1 as UNPLAYABLE faction?". And yeah, even those 4 factions alone have more variety in units than any Total War game in the series.

And I'm glad that they are going for more streamlined experience instead of working on over a dozen of playable factions and releasing unfinished game in the end. CA is best at working on streamlined TW games like Shogun 2 for example.

Ah, sorry, didn't understand it that way when I read it the first time. That's good to know! And yeah if it makes the experience more enjoyable then all the better! It's one of the few games I'm looking forward to right now.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#38 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

Attila: Age of Charlemagne looks interesting... Warhammer, not so much.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Just a question, are the Warhammer and Warhammar 40k universes connected?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@padaporra said:

Based on official announcement from Games Workshop, it seems both universes have some similarities but overall they are parallel.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ianhh6 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@ianhh6:

@ianhh6 said:

It is called the magic of modding!!! all will be playable

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Meh. I lost interest in Total War after Rome 2 tbh. Not to mention they've already started with their terrible dlc practises. If this game does turn out to be good and they get rid of that terrible pre order bonus (I mean holy shit, you don't see a backslash of this magnitude often) then I might consider it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 foxhound_fox

@Ant_17 said:

StarCraft is Blizzard's 40K without the license.

And WarCraft is their Warhammer Fantasy.

Without Warhammer, Blizzard wouldn't have made what they did.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@padaporra said:

Based on official announcement from Games Workshop, it seems both universes have some similarities but overall they are parallel.

I've always imagined the Warhammer world being a forge world lost in a warp storm (I know they say it's not but it does fit)

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ant_17

@foxhound_fox said:
@Ant_17 said:

StarCraft is Blizzard's 40K without the license.

And WarCraft is their Warhammer Fantasy.

Without Warhammer, Blizzard wouldn't have made what they did.

Yeah, i have heard that so many times.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 foxhound_fox

@Ant_17 said:

Yeah, i have heard that so many times.

Eh, begone with you heretic.