TSHBO! Splinter Cell Essentials Video (PSP)

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sugarhigh4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sugarhigh4242
Member since 2005 • 11327 Posts
http://www.zippyvideos.com/8105462943352386/m126essentials/

1UP Editor: "We got exclusive footage of Splinter Cell for PSP, which i think we all agree is #$^#-ing Awesome!"

1UP Editor: "Splinter Cell for the DS was a NIGHTMARE".
mrandyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 mrandyk
Member since 2005 • 642 Posts
comparing splinter cell graphics from the ds to the psp is like comparing ps1 and ps2 graphics.and you seem to think  that the game will be good because it has good graphics?
revo_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 revo_360
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts
Look people, you have your freakin Xbox version of Splinter Cell, so why don't you just play that instead of wasting your time on the handheld Splinter Cell crap.
PikMinSniP3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PikMinSniP3r
Member since 2005 • 4485 Posts
I don't like Splinter Cell.
Avatar image for Knight_of_Malta
Knight_of_Malta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Knight_of_Malta
Member since 2005 • 4781 Posts

Look people, you have your freakin Xbox version of Splinter Cell, so why don't you just play that instead of wasting your time on the handheld Splinter Cell crap.revo_360

Indeed.

tekkenlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tekkenlaw
Member since 2004 • 9598 Posts
Look people, you have your freakin Xbox version of Splinter Cell, so why don't you just play that instead of wasting your time on the handheld Splinter Cell crap.revo_360
Most people dont like carrying around a tv and xbox with them.

Yea, it has too be an AA titles for sure, and depending on if they get the controls down and load times to a mininum, maybe higher than AA.
revo_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 revo_360
[QUOTE="tekkenlaw"]

Yea, it has too be an AA titles for sure, and depending on if they get the controls down and load times to a mininum, maybe higher than AA.

^You're only saying that because its on the PSP. And I think you know darn well that Splinter Cell belongs on the Xbox, because handheld Splinter Cell = No go. Even if its on the PSP.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
i loved hearing that guy say " nnnnnightmare " about the ds version , lol

this game does look good , but im a little more interested in syphon filter
tekkenlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tekkenlaw
[QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="tekkenlaw"]

^You're only saying that because its on the PSP. And I think you know darn well that Splinter Cell belongs on the Xbox, because handheld Splinter Cell = No go. Even if its on the PSP.

Actully its better on pc. But I dont understand whats so bad about it, if you dont want to get the game then dont.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 diggyzoom
new levels
revo_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 revo_360
[QUOTE="tekkenlaw"] [QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="tekkenlaw"]

Actully its better on pc. But I dont understand whats so bad about it, if you dont want to get the game then dont.

1. Not everyone has a good gaming PC. Like me. 2. Its sad that just because people think its on the PSP that it will rock because of its graphical capabilities. Oh well, we get better graphics on the Xbox!
revo_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 revo_360
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]
new levels

Oh, so new levels is supposed to make me buy a crappy version of Splinter Cell on the handheld. C'mon, you've seen Splinter Cell on the DS and N-Gage and IMHO, both are equally horrible. What makes you think it can do better on the PSP?
ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts

Splinter Cell was really boring.

But, that was the first game, I haven't tried the other ones. So I can't say much. But say "It looks cool and can't wait to see what IGN, 1up, Gamespot and Gamespy gives it."

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 diggyzoom
[QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]
new levels

Oh, so new levels is supposed to make me buy a crappy version of Splinter Cell on the handheld. C'mon, you've seen Splinter Cell on the DS and N-Gage and IMHO, both are equally horrible. What makes you think it can do better on the PSP?

hahahahah , it will do much much much better than the pos ds version

sam fisher on the go !!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo
Flugigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Flugigo
Member since 2004 • 6766 Posts
Impressive.
revo_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 revo_360
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"] [QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]
new levels

HA, like its gonna be a good handheld Splinter Cell game, you wish. Sometimes, cows won't accept the facts.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 diggyzoom
[QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"] [QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]
new levels

HA, like its gonna be a good handheld Splinter Cell game, you wish. Sometimes, cows won't accept the facts.

good meaning 7.0 to 7.9 ? i answer a definate yes , it will be a good game at least
tekkenlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tekkenlaw
[QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="tekkenlaw"] [QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="tekkenlaw"]

1. Not everyone has a good gaming PC. Like me. 2. Its sad that just because people think its on the PSP that it will rock because of its graphical capabilities. Oh well, we get better graphics on the Xbox!

I dont care about the graphics, I just enjoy stealth games.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Splinter Cell Essentials looks like another great killer app for PSP. :)
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

Sure it wil look great, but how wil it play with only one analouge stick?

I sense the reviews to break down like this

The game looks great, but the controls are not as good as on consoles

Game Camera sucks and ruins a lot of the fun.

Most levels are ones you already played on the console versions, except trimed down because of the hardware limitations. The new levels feel slaped together and are not as good as the trimed down console levels.

The lighting effects are good, aslong as you dont compare it to the console versions.

There is no replay value unless you want to play the game again on a harder dificulty.

I think it wil get a score between between 7 and 8..

tekkenlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tekkenlaw

Most levels are ones you already played on the console versions, except trimed down because of the hardware limitations. The new levels feel slaped together and are not as good as the trimed down console levels.

The lighting effects are good, aslong as you dont compare it to the console versions.

There is no replay value unless you want to play the game again on a harder dificulty.

Gaara79

Yea, thats why I said it will score good if it has good controls.

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 diggyzoom
comparing splinter cell graphics from the ds to the psp is like comparing ps1 and ps2 graphics.and you seem to think that the game will be good because it has good graphics?mrandyk
the ds version had horrible gameplay , your right graphics dont mean everything , but when the gameplay sucks too its just a disaster
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#23 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
PS2 version of Chaos Theory got what, 7.1?...
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Timstuff
PS2 version of Chaos Theory got what, 7.1?...yodariquo

It was an inferior version of a good game. SCE however, is an original title and will be rated on it's own merits.
revo_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 revo_360
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]
comparing splinter cell graphics from the ds to the psp is like comparing ps1 and ps2 graphics.and you seem to think that the game will be good because it has good graphics?mrandyk
the ds version had horrible gameplay , your right graphics dont mean everything , but when the gameplay sucks too its just a disaster

And you think the PSP will be any better than the DS version or the N-Gage version?
sugarhigh4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sugarhigh4242

Gaara79

if you've seen the video, the editors say the controls are better than GTA LCS's.

teh_ownerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 teh_ownerer
Member since 2005 • 2037 Posts
All you guys keep saying 'What makes you think it will be any good, or better than the DS version'.

Why don't you watch the damn video that this thread was based on to find out why it wont be.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Timstuff
oops

onyibor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 onyibor
Member since 2003 • 7921 Posts
Looks much better than what those screenshots made it out to be. now I have to see the Killzone PSP game, cuz the screenshots looked like garbage.
onyibor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 onyibor
Looks like it has soft shadows, and lighting looks great for a handheld.
onyibor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 onyibor
It's a original title you won't get it anywhere else, Splinter Cell on DS was Splinter Cell: CT story line.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 diggyzoom
[QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]

And you think the PSP will be any better than the DS version or the N-Gage version?

hahahahah , your making pop come out of my nose , yes it will be much better than a 5.6 ds version
sugarhigh4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sugarhigh4242
It's a original title you won't get it anywhere else, Splinter Cell on DS was Splinter Cell: CT story line.onyibor

but i thought DS was teh innovation???
revo_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 revo_360
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"] [QUOTE="revo_360"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]

hahahahah , your making pop come out of my nose , yes it will be much better than a 5.6 ds version

^LOL, I doubt Splinter Cell will actually do good on a handheld.
nuit_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nuit_b
Member since 2005 • 1235 Posts
[QUOTE="sugarhigh4242"]http://www.zippyvideos.com/8105462943352386/m126essentials/

1UP Editor: "We got exclusive footage of Splinter Cell for PSP, which i think we all agree is #$^#-ing Awesome!"

DS .... huge selection of quality games PSP .... bad ports of console games how are the sheep owned by 1up thinking splinter cell is better on PSP than DS? and since when did splinter cell become the next god like game that will decide fate
sugarhigh4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sugarhigh4242
[QUOTE="nuit_b"]DS .... huge selection of quality games PSP .... bad ports of console games how are the sheep owned by 1up thinking splinter cell is better on PSP than DS? and since when did splinter cell become the next god like game that will decide fate

lol...

"niiiiightmare"
YoungPhaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YoungPhaze
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts
[QUOTE="nuit_b"][QUOTE="sugarhigh4242"]http://www.zippyvideos.com/8105462943352386/m126essentials/

DS .... huge selection of quality games PSP .... bad ports of console games how are the sheep owned by 1up thinking splinter cell is better on PSP than DS? and since when did splinter cell become the next god like game that will decide fate

bah stop hating your just scared because it just might be better than your Ds version.Plus ain't it a different version then da Ds one?/
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#38 KenTa_613
Member since 2004 • 11702 Posts
Any MGS>>>>Any Splinter Cell
sugarhigh4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sugarhigh4242
Any MGS>>>>Any Splinter CellKenTa_613

good thing PSP is getting a brand new MGS as well ;)
nuit_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nuit_b
Member since 2005 • 1235 Posts
[QUOTE="YoungPhaze"][QUOTE="nuit_b"][QUOTE="sugarhigh4242"]http://www.zippyvideos.com/8105462943352386/m126essentials/

bah stop hating your just scared because it just might be better than your Ds version.Plus ain't it a different version then da Ds one?/

fancy new tetris on DS >>>> PSP splinter cell
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KenTa_613

[QUOTE="KenTa_613"]Any MGS>>>>Any Splinter Cellsugarhigh4242

LMAO

Metal Gear Acid?

I think i'll just stick with MGS: TTS, MGS2: subs, cant wait for MGS3: Sub.

jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

[QUOTE="sugarhigh4242"] [QUOTE="KenTa_613"]Any MGS>>>>Any Splinter CellKenTa_613

LMAO

Metal Gear Acid?

No its a differant one.
sugarhigh4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sugarhigh4242

[QUOTE="sugarhigh4242"] [QUOTE="KenTa_613"]Any MGS>>>>Any Splinter CellKenTa_613

LMAO

Metal Gear Acid?

Did i say "Acid"? 

PSP is getting a new Metal Gear SOLID.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/678/678002p1.html
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 diggyzoom
mga = metal gear acid

mgs = metal gear solid
phillippejr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 phillippejr
Member since 2004 • 8901 Posts

If ur going somewhere u could still enjoy it.Don't u know what hanheld ARE for?

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Timstuff
Metal Gear Solid for PSP will play like the console ones. Metal Gear Acid and Metal Gear Solid are two different things.
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KenTa_613
[QUOTE="KenTa_613"]

[QUOTE="sugarhigh4242"] [QUOTE="KenTa_613"]Any MGS>>>>Any Splinter Cellsugarhigh4242

LMAO

Metal Gear Acid?

Did i say "Acid"? 

PSP is getting a new Metal Gear SOLID.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/678/678002p1.html

Like I said.

TTS, MGS 2: sub, cant wait for MGS 3 sub

YoungPhaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 YoungPhaze
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts
[QUOTE="nuit_b"][QUOTE="YoungPhaze"][QUOTE="nuit_b"][QUOTE="sugarhigh4242"]http://www.zippyvideos.com/8105462943352386/m126essentials/

You got to be kiddin me.....
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Timstuff
[QUOTE="YoungPhaze"][QUOTE="nuit_b"][QUOTE="YoungPhaze"][QUOTE="nuit_b"][QUOTE="sugarhigh4242"]http://www.zippyvideos.com/8105462943352386/m126essentials/

You got to be kiddin me.....

Lumines > new version of Tetris