Topic of the Century ! PC vs Consoles.

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PcGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 PcGaming
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

which has the better games?

which is more fun?

what makes them unique?

i think that nothing beats the PC, motion controls and six axis rubbish is all a gimmick.

so what do you guys think, the trusty PC or the consoles.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

The mouse is a motion controller. Therefore, PC games - and applications - are gimmicks.

akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

I like console gaming better, just because there is more of a variety of genres there. I will only play RTS on PC though.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
Mouse and Keyboard don't work for most genres. Personally consoles are better for me as i have no interest in MMO's, or RTS's.
wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

I used to be a 100% PC gamer. but im mainly a consolite now.

i still do buy some games for my pc from time to time. but can't be doing with the headache of PC gaming so much anymore. like last night, i bought Saw the game for PC. installs great, brilliant no problems. but the game does not support my TV resolution 1360x768 natively. so i spend the best part of an hour searching through .ini files to see if i can change the default resolutions the game ships with to 1360x768 that my TV runs at. but could find anything. so im forced to play the game at 1024x768 which means everything is stretched. grrrr.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

consoles have the best games and most fun to play imo

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

i still do buy some games for my pc from time to time. but can't be doing with the headache of PC gaming so much anymore. like last night, i bought Saw the game for PC. installs great, brilliant no problems. but the game does not support my TV resolution 1360x768 natively. so i spend the best part of an hour searching through .ini files to see if i can change the default resolutions the game ships with to 1360x768 that my TV runs at. but could find anything. so im forced to play the game at 1024x768 which means everything is stretched. grrrr.

wayne_kar

1360 x 768? That's a pretty odd resolution. Why would you blame your PC for that?

Right now it's a toss up between the PC and the PS3 for me. Only because of Demon's Souls, amazing game.

Borderlands is keeping me some company on my PC, but I'm enjoying Demon's Souls more. However, when L4D2 comes out, it's gonna be all about the PC baby!

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

A powerful enough PC is better than any console!

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
saying consoles get better games is null and void know since most games are on the pc. so pc: play games on my laptop and thus play them when i am away from home better graphics cheaper games mods choice of controllers yes it can be a headache but the benefits well out way the problems
wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

[QUOTE="wayne_kar"]

DragonfireXZ95

1360 x 768? That's a pretty odd resolution. Why would you blame your PC for that?

Right now it's a toss up between the PC and the PS3 for me. Only because of Demon's Souls, amazing game.

Borderlands is keeping me some company on my PC, but I'm enjoying Demon's Souls more. However, when L4D2 comes out, it's gonna be all about the PC baby!

i have my pc connected to my 32 HDTV.
ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
PC for me, less restricted in every possible way, more games for my taste as well as often the best version of multiplats. Most of the cons usually associated with PC gaming aren't really issues for me. But I do get consolites too, if I wanted to play stuff like Ninja Gaiden, Fifa, Tekken, FF etc. I'd go for a console ..but I don't.
soliderPp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 soliderPp
Member since 2004 • 1991 Posts

Mouse and Keyboard don't work for most genres. Personally consoles are better for me as i have no interest in MMO's, or RTS's.tok1879

Name five games that you've played or own that are hindered by the keyboard and mouse...

I have a Xbox 360 controller that I use to play some of my PC games, but for overwhelming majority of my games I fell it's to my advantage to use the keyboard and mouse.Even if the controller works better in some games the PC has the option to use a controller, and the console lack the ability to use a keyboard and mouse giving the advantage to the PC.

Here are some multi-platform games that I own that are not FPS'es or RTS'es that I feel are easier to play with the mouse and keyboard.

RPG: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Knight of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Dark Messiah

Action / Adventure: Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed, Lost Planet, Theif: Deadly Shadows

Indie: World of Goo, Braid Fighting: Street Fighter IV

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

PC wins, no discussion, whatsoever, end of story

CheddaBumpz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CheddaBumpz
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

was this the "topic of the century" the other million and one times its been brought up in system wars?

(pc reigns supreme in my book)

HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

PC has all my favorite genres, and I'm simply not interested in console games. Also mouse & keyboard is a huge, HUGE plus for PC imo. You CAN have controllers on PC, but you can't have m&kb on consoles (well, you can in a few select games.. but with PC you can use controller with ANY game, if you want to)

So, I play on PC. Simple.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Pure preference. Do you want the ability to tweak and tune anything you want, both hardware and software, or do you want the convenience that can only be had with a single hardware spec, a purpose-built interface, and a single identity manager?

A powerful enough PC is better than any console!

Crimsader

More powerful hardware isn't a panacea. If it were, I wouldn't have a job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Handheld gaming FTW

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

I like console gaming better, just because there is more of a variety of genres there. I will only play RTS on PC though.

akira2465
There is actually more variety in genres on the PC. Merely because you dislike those genres does not mean the PC lacks variety. While it does not have JRPGs and platformers, it makes up for that in the dozens of different sim genres and adventure games.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
One Console and PC ----Able to play all types of game genre. Only PC--------Lack of certain games genre(Fighting,sports)----imo Only Consoles------Lack of certain games genre(RTS,MMO)----imo
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Ps3 has best games, pc has the best control and bigger libary and x360 has the sales :(
ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChrisJ2004
Member since 2003 • 2818 Posts

PC>>>>>>>>>>Food/Water>>>>>>>>Sex>>>>>>PS3>>360>>>Wii

ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChrisJ2004

I do, however, own and love all my consoles.

dk_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dk_2007
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts

When will the non-PC gamers understand the following: "If you cant beat them (us PC gamers) then consider joining them". :P

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Eh. I rather the PC. For the variety of titles - simplistic to complex, freedom of customisation and creativity, with games and the platform itself. But I have always been a console gamer too. So i'm not complaining at all, best of both worlds.
ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChrisJ2004

One Console and PC ----Able to play all types of game genre. Only PC--------Lack of certain games genre(Fighting,sports)----imo Only Consoles------Lack of certain games genre(RTS,MMO)----imobadtaker

You should've said something about mods, how FPS are superior on PC, and the graphics are next gen compared to consoles.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

[QUOTE="badtaker"]One Console and PC ----Able to play all types of game genre. Only PC--------Lack of certain games genre(Fighting,sports)----imo Only Consoles------Lack of certain games genre(RTS,MMO)----imoChrisJ2004

You should've said something about mods, how FPS are superior on PC, and the graphics are next gen compared to consoles.

sorry sir i forgot mods are imp (feeling bad for MW2) and nothing beats KB and mouse in FPS.
TREY_FOR_LI4E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TREY_FOR_LI4E
Member since 2009 • 714 Posts

I grew up a console gamer in the 1980s. I got into PC gaming for 4 years during WoW. I got bored of WoW and got a PS2, PS3, and GCN, and I couldn't be happier.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

When will the non-PC gamers understand the following: "If you cant beat them (us PC gamers) then consider joining them". :P

dk_2007
It's not like we can't find a Fry's, you know. I have the option of being a PC gamer - hell, I have the PC to be a PC gamer - but I'm just drawn to consoles. It's funny - I resisted my choice of career because I used to love playing with computers, and didn't want to lose that. Well, I finally gave in and became a programmer, and that's exactly what happened - after I left college, my former love of PC gaming pretty much died.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
The only area where I feel consoles are superior to PCs is in local co-op, since the best most PC games do is LAN, but that requires a rig and a game per person (not feasible for a guy like me who just wants to play with a friend). But other than that one area, there's no contest- PC is better.
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

PC vs consoles? Topic of the century? But this has been done so many times before!

Well..

On topic: consoles

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#31 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Or more aptly, the topic that seems like it has been debated for a century, with the end result always being-

Anyway, I am a dirty console peasant.

kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kunal1092000
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts
I think a mouse and controller are best for playing FPS for quicker aiming. I tested this out on Crysis with a Xbox 360 controller.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

just depends on what you like, really. PC gets many of the multiplats, with better graphics, and is unmatched in the MMO and RTS genres, and arguably, FPS. many prefer the KB/M configuration as well. personally, i game on consoles for the following reasons.

1. ease of use (yeah, yeah, i know, consoles aren't as "easy" as they used to be, but bear with me here). when i want to play, i put in my game, and i play.

2. the variety of games offered on consoles. i know there are a lot of console games that are on/will be on PC. however, most of my favorites this gen have only been available on consoles, like Gears 2, Infamous, Demon's Souls, SMG, Madworld, Punchout, Halo: ODST, etc. additionally, i often find that some of the heavy hitters come to PC later, while i enjoy playing them the day they come out (Gears, ME are a couple of examples).

3. i work on a computer all day, every day. the last thing i really want to do after work is sit in front of a computer.

4. friends: sorry, but all my friends game on consoles. as long as that remains the case, i will game on consoles. its better to play with friends than strangers.

cliff122316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 cliff122316
Member since 2005 • 2333 Posts
for actual game experience i find pc wins every time. consoles are just good because of all my friends on them.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
this again? its only the 'topic of the century' because we see 100 of them a day
Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Knight-of-NINE
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

which is more fun?

what makes them unique?

i think that nothing beats the PC, motion controls and six axis rubbish is all a gimmick.

PcGaming

I have a deep hatred of PC gaming, i never understood it, why sit in an uncomfortable chair in front of a 15 to 24-inch monitor, using the worst control scheme ever devised for a game (keyboard-Mouse) and wait for a computer to boot up and then wait again for it to load up the game of choice, only to then have to endure what ever patches or downloads are needed to play the game, if all the system requirements are met that is, then before you can finally play you've been waiting 10 to 15 minutes already. A console, on the other hand has specific games made just for it, no min system requirements crap, consoles hook up to your 40 to 50-inch HD TV and have wireless controllers so you can lounge back in your lazy-boy or couch across the room after putting in the game and be playing in about 30 seconds. How is this not everyones preference, i don't know, but it certainly is mine.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

PC: More and/or better games in the following genres: MMOs, Adventure, Strategy(RTS, RTT, 4X), Sims.

Superior control options: M/K, gamepad, joystick, arcade sticks, motion controls, wheels.

Better customization: Mods, graphical/resolution settings.

Better multi-functionality.

Consoles: More and/or better games in the following genres: Action(BEMUPS, platformers, fighting), Action-Adventure, Sports.

Better accessibility.

Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Knight-of-NINE
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

PC: More and/or better games in the following genres: MMOs, Adventure, Strategy(RTS, RTT, 4X), Sims.

Superior control options: M/K, gamepad, joystick, arcade sticks, motion controls, wheels.

Consoles: More and/or better games in the following genres: Action(BEMUPS, platformers, fighting), Action-Adventure, Sports.

Better accessibility.

glez13
Umm the majority of the public doesn't care about customization, thats just another expense and time consuming headache, people just want to plug it in and be playing in 30 seconds or less, so therefore consoles win out every time.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
PC has had my 3 favorite games to come out in ages. Crysis, STALKER, Witcher. Honestly not having these games on consoles is just a complete turn off. I still play my 360, but I mostly just play sports and racing games. I will get AC2 though. Looks so good.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 glez13

[QUOTE="PcGaming"]

which is more fun?

what makes them unique?

Knight-of-NINE

I have a deep hatred of PC gaming, i never understood it, why sit in an uncomfortable chair in front of a 15 to 24-inch monitor, using the worst control scheme ever devised for a game (keyboard-Mouse) and wait for a computer to boot up and then wait again for it to load up the game of choice, only to then have to endure what ever patches or downloads are needed to play the game, if all the system requirements are met that is, then before you can finally play you've been waiting 10 to 15 minutes already. A console, on the other hand has specific games made just for it, no min system requirements crap, consoles hook up to your 40 to 50-inch HD TV and have a wireless controllers so you can lounge back in your lazy-boy or couch across the room after putting in the game and be playing in about 30 seconds. How is this not everyones preference, i don't know, but it certainly is mine.

Because the only actual real thing you listed there is the accesability issue. Everything else: Choosing between a small display with probably better picture quality or a bigger display with possibly lower picture quality; using wireless controlers or wired ones; using an individual couched chair or or bigger sofa, can be done on the PC. All of this while also ignoring other pros in the PC side like the possibility of customization and larger multi-functionality.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Each gaming platform has it's advantages and disadvantages. I prefer the PC because I love mouse & keybord, RTSs, RPGs and the fact I can play almost every game made to it.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="akira2465"]

There is actually more variety in genres on the PC. Merely because you dislike those genres does not mean the PC lacks variety. While it does not have JRPGs and platformers, it makes up for that in the dozens of different sim genres and adventure games.

All this, and on top of it PC gaming is free.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 glez13

[QUOTE="glez13"]

Better accessibility.

Knight-of-NINE

Umm the majority of the public doesn't care about customization, thats just another expense and time consuming headache, people just want to plug it in and be playing in 30 seconds or less, so therefore consoles win out every time.

Yes but in consoles you get what you get. On PC if you want to have better frames you lower graphics. You care about graphics, then you lower performance. You even can have both. Lets not speak about mods and how important they are. LBP is the best game ever, the same with Halo 3 and forge, just because they introduce part of the mod concept to consoles so I don't know why you say peole don't care.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 glez13

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="akira2465"]

dsmccracken

LOL.

By that logic most modern console gaming is also free.

Of course there is also the fact that there is a way to play legally owned console games on a PC.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] There is actually more variety in genres on the PC. Merely because you dislike those genres does not mean the PC lacks variety. While it does not have JRPGs and platformers, it makes up for that in the dozens of different sim genres and adventure games.glez13

LOL.

By that logic most modern console gaming is also free.

Of course there is also the fact that there is a way to play legally owned console games on a PC.

I wasn't referring to piracy. I was referring to the fact that PCs are free and therefore have no price that needs to be taken into account when discussing the costs of gaming.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

The PC is good, but not good enough to go against all of the other consoles.. It does beat any single console though as it has 3 out of my 5 favorite genres.

SkyZ00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SkyZ00
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

PC will always dominate consoles.

consoles = just unupgradeable PCs

besides with my PC i can play snes games to ps2 games. I was playing ff12 earlier while playing phantasy star online for DC.. online.. with a robust community.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Even though I started gaming on consoles, I would take a PC over every console. No other system has as much choice or variety like the PC. You do run into some inevitable problems, but it's worth it at the end.
EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

PS3 just got Uncharted 2, best game since OoT.

PC has had nothing since the 90's.

No contest.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

PS3 just got Uncharted 2, best game since OoT.

PC has had nothing since the 90's.

No contest.

EvanTheGamer
Oh how ignorant you are. BTW, isn't that a Sins of a Solar Empire avatar? Game that came out in...2008? Unless if this is a joke post.