SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

Is there such a thing as too many games, SW? How do you cope with this called "problem"? I'm having a hard time keeping up! Not too long ago we (yes, us) were complaining about the lack of games. Now it seems like there is a new one on every corner. Do you find yourself having to choose one over another? Will you ever actually get to them all?

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

The problem is theres too many 'good games' on my ps4, lol, stil have yet to finish gravity rush 2, nier, last guardian, and watchdogs2... persona 5's keeping me busy, not complaining though :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I just don't care to keep up I suppose? There is no downside to not keeping up, hell, the games get cheaper....

That, and new games are not always better than old games.

Why would I give up playing FFXIV, CS:GO and Baldurs Gate 2: Enchanced/Divininity Original Sin ... for some games that are now £45 a pop that are likely just flat out worse?

I want to play Nier... Nioh and Breath of Wild.. but whats the rush? who the hell cares?

Imo the only time-sensitive games are Multiplayer games...

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22865 Posts

Can't keep up anymore and truthfully not feeling like I want to be THAT connected to the hobby where I've played everything in lue of being active elsewhere in my life.

That said, this generation I call the bargain bin generation. Makes the most sense to let the games drop in price while developers finish making them...

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Can't keep up anymore and truthfully not feeling like I want to be THAT connected to the hobby where I've played everything in lue of being active elsewhere in my life.

That said, this generation I call the bargain bin generation. Makes the most sense to let the games drop in price while developers finish making them...

In a way I agree with this, but it's really hard not to go out and purchase the new games that are finished and are really good.

But I'm going to be conservative and wait. Finish the games I have now, and maybe by the time I'm done some of the other games will drop in price.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Steam sales, plus those found in GOG, Humble Bundle, and occasional deals to be found on Origin, makes this very prevalent. My backlog continues to grow.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Wow, this topic again? Can nobody use the search function?

Avatar image for jaysummonsdemons
Jaysummonsdemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Jaysummonsdemons
Member since 2016 • 82 Posts

i think i have about 10-20 unplayed games I still need to get to. Its a good problem to have imo

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Ah, gamers. The same folks who complain there's not enough to play and then too much to play.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

I used to try to "play everything" and be all freaked out about "staying current". Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Best to just relax, play whatever interests you, even if that's an old PS1 game, rather than trying to "keep up".

One thing I do advocate is clearing games fully before moving on. It feels miserable and wasteful to spend 10 hours in a JRPG, leave it, come back later, forget everything, and have to restart!

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Ah, gamers. The same folks who complain there's not enough to play and then too much to play.

"Gamers" is a description for literally billions of humans at this point, of course there'll be severe contradictions in any group that size.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yes, so I decided to just focus on the ones I want to really play, which so far is Persona 5 and Zelda.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70154 Posts

I guess it depends on the games you are into.

wookietim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 wookietim
Member since 2013 • 347 Posts

@j_assassin: There are too many "Good" games out there. That is the problem... We have a lot of games that are "good" - squarely on the c+ or B- in the scale of interest. They are certainly a bit above average. But they aren't the B+ or A games that demand playthroughs... they are games that are good enough to hold ones attention for awhile but not good enough to cause one to play them without switching to the next "Good" game.

That is the problem - lots of "Good" games but not enough of the "Truly outstanding" games. I can think of distressingly few "great" games this generation. Assassins Creed Black Flag, Overwatch... after that I start to go to the smaller ones ("Valiant Hearts" was great, "Oni and the Blind Forest" was great and so on). You know, the games you start up and consume your play time until they are finished. This year, the only game I have seen that I'd qualify as "great" is the Zelda Breath of the Wild game. Granted the year is still young-ish but it's starting to feel like maybe we need something really new to hit...

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

First world problems much?

I've never had such a problem, because I am very selective about which games I buy in the first place.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I'm the same way. I only buy a couple games at launch per year now, the rest I wait till massive price drops. Like recently finished Mad Max, which I bought for under $15,

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Only solution is anti-depressants

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

There have indeed been too many great games this gen. It's awesome, but forces us to make hard decisions, especially if, like me, you only buy one game at a time.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

There simply isn't enough time. I had to skip out on both Nioh and Horizon. I have barely even touched Dark Souls 3 at this point.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23974 Posts

Not at all, in fact I dont think I have bought a single new game this year.

And the only new games I really want are Nioh and Breath of the Wild.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

I take a more practical approach. Especially being solely an XBOX ONE gamer, which has provided more than enough games at my disposal, contrary to what butthurt Sonyfannies have been desperately saying.

I don't play "catch up" when it comes to an overwhelming amount of games coming out. I go with the flow, and play whatever that sparks my interest. And when I do find a game, for example Dishonored 2 LE (phenomenal game BTW), I play the hell out of it, and move on. If it's a really fun game, Dishonored 2 LE again, I play it again. After that I move on to whatever backlogs I haven't finish or wait for that price drop, which I usually do.

There are games from the past consoles, especially on 360/PS3, I have yet to play, and I really don't let "not enough time" consume me from playing them. I say if you have a backlog or want to play that new game release, by all means, go nuts and have fun. You shouldn't dwell over the idea that "OMG I don't have the time to play all these games!" If the games turn out to suck or you have no interest in them anymore, by all means SELL THEM.

Researching and renting a game, also helps.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

My Steam library is a bit overwhelming, but since there isn't jack shit coming out this year I care about, I have plenty of time to knock it down a bit.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I just look at the ones that interest me the most and prioritise playing them first.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Every day I read people saying something like "I still have Horizon Zero Dawn in the wrapper, but I'll get to it someday!" That mindset is what bothers me.

Why would you spend that much money on something at launch if you're never going to play it? It's going to depreciate, wait until you've played the games you want to, and then pick it up for less than the launch price. I guess I'm just thrifty idk.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

Those first world problems. So tough. *Cries in text*

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#26 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

No point trying to finish them all. I have plenty of steam and xbox (free) games I probably have an hour or two in and will never play again.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

The only problem I can associate with is having enough time to play the online games (online aspects of games as well). My thought process is then "I'm going to try and put in x amount of hours into this before they eventually cut the servers". A long time ago, I loved playing the MP of F.E.A.R. Sure it was pretty basic, but the visceral, bloody, violence of it all was soo fun and everyone going around doing scissor kicks to kill others was cool and funny. Then after a few years, the online died and they cut off the servers. Drat! Well at least I had my fun.

Lately, I just want to make sure I put in quite a bit of time into Overwatch and Street Fighter V. I know Overwatch will be available for a long long time as its staying popularity on Twitch is a good indicator of its lasting appeal. SFV has had many problems since launch that has lots of players just leaving so I'm worried the online will be cut in perhaps 3 or 4 years. If I can get at least an hour for every dollar I paid for that game then I'm good. Otherwise, I'm not too worried about staying current on new games as they just get cheaper with time.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Yup, stated on a different thread, I have 52 XB1 games installed, 81 waiting installation.. and about 6 games still wrapped up that I bought at Best Buy that I havent even attempted to install.

"bbut teh xxboxx hazz no gaymesszz"

who knows if I'll ever power through these, right now I've been hooked on Alien: Isolation.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#29 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I've had this so called problem for a long time. See, I don't just play exclusives. I play GAMES. Most of which and every gen the best of which are Multiplats imo. So I always have games to play. I have a backlog because I don't only consider exclusives "games to play". That's bitch shit.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#30 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Haven't even picked up NieR: Automata yet. Wanted it day 1 but didn't make a lick of sense purchasing since I wasn't going to get to play it until after Persona 5.

Just had to look at what I really wanted to play. Zelda and Persona were the answer.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#32 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Star67 said:
@TheEroica said:

In a way I agree with this, but it's really hard not to go out and purchase the new games that are finished and are really good.

But I'm going to be conservative and wait. Finish the games I have now, and maybe by the time I'm done some of the other games will drop in price.

I also agree. But how do you know which games are "finished and really good"? By someone else's opinion expressed in a numerical score? I decide what I am interested in and very rarely does any review sway me from playing it. Sometimes the games suck but the experience is what playing is about for me so like life in general I accept there will be negatives.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I still wanna play Zelda, haven't finished Horizon yet, haven't bought Gravity Rush 2 or Nioh yet. Too many games indeed.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

If you're talking about backlogs and wishlists, then yeah, I can definitely identify.

I have over 50 games on my Steam wishlist, most of them I put there in the heat of moment; I thought they looked cool without really looking at them thoroughly.

Basically, if I were given a blank check right now, I'd probably only buy a handful of them.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: online games becuase a one great alone can keep you occupied the whole gen.

Some ppl only play one or two iterations of cod each gen and dab few hours in one or two other games.

As far as single player goes.. i guess around 5 or 6 at a time gets to heavy. I barely pass 2 at a time myself tho.

Imgaine dealing with 3 different mmos that you really like coming out around the same time. I would be dread lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Yea I'm definitely having that problem with my PS4 now. I won't be buying any more games till the end of the year.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59240 Posts

@Wasdie said:

My Steam library is a bit overwhelming, but since there isn't jack shit coming out this year I care about, I have plenty of time to knock it down a bit.

Pretty much this.

Interested in Breath Of The Wild, but it's very much take it or leave it, can happily wait a year or two.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#38 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

My backlog is pretty massive, and I just keep buying games. Lately, I've just been playing whatever I'm in the mood for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I've been shrinking my backlog a little now

Beat Deus Ex: Mankind Divided yesterday. Great game. Too bad it didnt sold and now SE put the IP on a hiatus... and with such a freakin cliffhanger...

Currently I'm beating Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. I have a love/hate relationship with the game. Gameplay can be fun at times but some questionable design choices makes me understand why the game was hated by critics. The game is far way too difficult, and for the wrong reasons...

When it comes to my console backlog I only have to beat RE Origins collection and FF XV. I wont even attempt completing my PC backlog. Far way too many games...

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I've gotten far behind, which is awesome. Just picked up Deus Ex Mankind Divided for 18 bucks over the weekend ...

People are so worried about being part of the conversation that they'll go out and buy everything day one, such a waste of money.

Unless you're getting paid to talk about videogames I see no reason in dropping 60 or pre ordering ANY game (unless you literally have nothing else in the queue)

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

I used to but now being older with more responsibilities and limited time, I just don't care to "keep up." There simply isn't enough time to play everything out there. I buy about 2 games a year at launch and everything else I play is either in my backlog or from a sale.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'm in a rough spot too. Still got Zelda keeping me occupied. Still have Dishored 2 to beat (As emily, still haven't done a Corvo playthrough). Got FFXV sitting here that I haven't even started (ugh another large open world game after BotW). Still haven't beaten Dragon Quest VIII 3DS.

Now I got the Spectre Knight DLC for Shovel Knight keeping me busy, which takes priority over anything else other than Zelda right now because Shovel Knight is amazing.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Yes,there are too many games that I'm interested in.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Too many games syndrome? I have just the cure for you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

It's pretty hard to keep up at the moment. I've yet to finish Andromeda, and haven't even started Nier: Automata and i'm buying Persona 5 this weekend. Yeaaaaah...

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Been focusing more on VR centric games so it's easier to keep up. It's not like the games will go anywhere except get cheaper. Though typically as time moves on, I notice I'm losing interest in older releases I once really wanted. I got 2 new VR games I haven't played yet, holding out hopes for a VR option on RE 7 so holding off on playing that and holding out on price drop for Dishonored 2 since I have other things I could play.

suz437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 suz437
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

@biack_goku: Savage lol.

Anyway, I have such a backlog that I just go back to play Cod or Battlefield due to being afraid of starting a game and not finishing it cause of time constraints.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I'm very selective in the games that I play. Time is a huge issue for me nowadays.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

I just don't care to keep up I suppose? There is no downside to not keeping up, hell, the games get cheaper....

That, and new games are not always better than old games.

Why would I give up playing FFXIV, CS:GO and Baldurs Gate 2: Enchanced/Divininity Original Sin ... for some games that are now £45 a pop that are likely just flat out worse?

I want to play Nier... Nioh and Breath of Wild.. but whats the rush? who the hell cares?

Imo the only time-sensitive games are Multiplayer games...

Because CS: GO is a bad game.