Tomb Radier sabotage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

http://www.play.tm/news/71169011/tomb-raider-next-gen-versions-developed-by-different-studios/

Both versions by two different studios. Almost seems like sabotage. But no one is paying $60 for this regardless. I am just wondering why that Eidos has no issue with other games but have two different teams for the PS4 and Xone version of this game.

#2 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

PS4 wins again guys. Stunning turn of events this gen. PS4 is THE place to play the best console version of mulit plats.

#3 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

IT'S A CONSPIRACYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE IS SABOTAGING THE BONE VERSION! CALL THE CIA!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (40901 posts) -

C'mon, jakandsigz :jak:

#6 Edited by EtherealMachine (96 posts) -

Here, take this.

#7 Edited by Krelian-co (11168 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

IT'S A CONSPIRACYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE IS SABOTAGING THE BONE VERSION! CALL THE CIA!!!!!!!!!!!

lems will say anything at this point to make excuses for microsoft, lol, such clowns.

#8 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

What stage are you in OP?

#9 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

Yes sony planted shit hardware into xbone.

#10 Posted by leandrro (901 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

http://www.play.tm/news/71169011/tomb-raider-next-gen-versions-developed-by-different-studios/

Both versions by two different studios. Almost seems like sabotage. But no one is paying $60 for this regardless. I am just wondering why that Eidos has no issue with other games but have two different teams for the PS4 and Xone version of this game.

the game is exact the same from last year, nothing to be really "developed" its just 2 separate teams makig the crappy port for each console

#11 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8978 posts) -

I'm just playing the game right now on my 360. I can definetly see some limitations of last-gen hardware and of course it'd have been nicer to experience it in Full HD glory BUT I got the game for 60 zlotys (20 dollars), and I would never be willing to fork out 60 bucks (180 zlotys) for this, regardless of added pizzaz.

#12 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

You do realize that this same exact thing with the exact same company happened with the PS3 right?

#13 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4731 posts) -

Eurogamer needs to show it's just the PC version with a new model for Lara so people can shut up about it & start getting buyers remorse because the PC version is only $10, enjoy paying $50 for a model

#14 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14418 posts) -

The direct X driver API's simply werent ready for primetime, of cause...

#15 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Yes sony planted shit hardware into xbone.

So MS planted shit hardware into PS3?

Sony's name is not even in the OP and this same thing happened on the ps3 mutliplat but it's not longer and issue when it's MS.

#16 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Jakandsigz: nope it isn't. Last time I checked PS3 games won all the graphics awards last gen.

#17 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@Jakandsigz: nope it isn't. Last time I checked PS3 games won all the graphics awards last gen.

What does that have to do with Eidos porting a crappy two team port on the PS3 and a better port on the Xbox 360?

#18 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Cry some moar lem. There was hardly anything to port, the game is a last gen game that came out last year. If Xbone is struggling to handle last gen ports this early in the gen then it's a total joke.

#19 Posted by Bishop1310 (1108 posts) -

2 new systems that both teams are probably trying to wrap their heads around. Dedicating an entire team to each console version of the game does make sense. Except... both of these consoles are suppose to be very similar.. So I don't fully understand.

#20 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Cry some moar lem.

What does this have to do with the same company doing the same thing on the PS3?

#21 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@I_can_haz said:

Cry some moar lem.

What does this have to do with the same company doing the same thing on the PS3?

It isn't the same thing. PS3's architecture was bollocks and too complicated. The only devs that were able to fully utilize teh cell were 1st party devs (which they did so well putting other devs and MS to shame).

There's nothing exotic about Xbone's weak hardware. ESRAM and Bonaire are its only limits. It isn't difficult to program for, the PS4 just has better hardware.

#22 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

Lem damage control is through the roof. Paying an extra $100 for inferior hardware would leave me butthurt as well.

#23 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@I_can_haz said:

Cry some moar lem.

It isn't the same thing. PS3's architecture was bollocks and too complicated. The only devs that were able to fully utilize teh cell were 1st party devs

This isn't true at all and has nothing to do with the same question I just repeated numerous times. Especially when the same company managed to get tomb raider to look better on the PS3.

Seems like they have a habit of sabotaging the other system if the competitor is popular for a moment. Eidos is not one of those companies that complained or had issues with PS3's hardware. Sounds like you're making excuses for them.

#24 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

No. This happens all the time.

Honestly, I really don't care - I'd rather have TitanFall and a 30fps version of Tomb Raider than a 60pfs Tomb Raider and... resogun?

#25 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@I_can_haz said:

Cry some moar lem.

It isn't the same thing. PS3's architecture was bollocks and too complicated. The only devs that were able to fully utilize teh cell were 1st party devs

This isn't true at all and has nothing to do with the same question I just repeated numerous times. Especially when the same company managed to get tomb raider to look better on the PS3.

Seems like they have a habit of sabotaging the other system if the competitor is popular for a moment. Eidos is not one of those companies that complained or had issues with PS3's hardware. Sounds like you're making excuses for them.

#27 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

#28 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@I_can_haz said:

I don't even have to ask what stage you are in. Enjoy!

#29 Edited by SolidTy (43724 posts) -

Tomb Radier sabotage?

----

Title Spelling sabotage?

#32 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Eurogamer needs to show it's just the PC version with a new model for Lara so people can shut up about it & start getting buyers remorse because the PC version is only $10, enjoy paying $50 for a model

Nah. You also need the $1000 PC as well that will be useless except for multiplats.