To those anticipating who think MP3 with no online is a good thing.

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Your best reason is: "Retro will focus on the singleplayer. The singleplayer is the most important. Multiplayer is impossible with MP."

Well, let's take a look at a great single player game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 was considered flop as it got an 8.7. It had excellent gameplay and the most endearing stories. The boss fights were the most epic boss fights in all of gaming with various ways to beat the bosses and to beat the levels. No one was even thinking of online gaming for this single person stealth action. MGS had always been a one man army saves all.

However...

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence came along. It had 5 modes to play with and hosts up to 8 players. Kojima also fixed the camera so it would work for online multiplayer. The game, one and a few months old, got an upgrade 9.0 taking it from AA to AAA status. No one expected such a single-player driven game to have multiplayer. And when it does, that extra bit makes the game much better.

Now how can Metroid Prime 3 not have multiplayer? The functionality can completely work from my perspective. In this standard online generation, Metroid Prime 3's no online is lack of development.

Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shadow_Link50
Member since 2004 • 1853 Posts
I would rather the singleplayer be 10+ hours longer than there be online. And standard online generation? What the hell about bioshock? I suppose that's perfectly fine though huh? :roll:
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Ever played MP2's multiplayer? Here's a hint; It sucked. And Bioshock, Mass Effect, KOTOR, Jade Empire, etc. say 'hi'.
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NobuoMusicMaker

I would rather the singleplayer be 10+ hours longer than there be online. And standard online generation? What the hell about bioshock? I suppose that's perfectly fine though huh? :roll:Shadow_Link50

If Bioshock lacks online multiplayer, it will go down in score. I don't follow it though so I didn't even know it wasn't getting multiplayer.

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
That's nice, but people play Metroid for the single player; not for some tacked on multiplayer. If Metroid doesn't get AAA just because it doesn't have multiplayer, who cares? It will still be one hell of a single player experience.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadow_Link50"]I would rather the singleplayer be 10+ hours longer than there be online. And standard online generation? What the hell about bioshock? I suppose that's perfectly fine though huh? :roll:NobuoMusicMaker

If Bioshock lacks online multiplayer, it will go down in score. I don't follow it though so I didn't even know it wasn't getting multiplayer.

Explain MP and MP2's score then?

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

MGS 3 the most important thing was they fixed the camera

the multiplayer sucked

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Multiplayer is only important if a game lacks a compelling singleplayer. RE4 doesn't have multiplayer, and its scored okay.
Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Peter_Darkstar
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts
Well personally I see lock on aiming as being extremely hard to translate to competitive multiplayer.
rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 rey06
Member since 2006 • 2699 Posts
Argg this Metroid prime 3 online argument is gettin REAAALLYYYYY old :roll:
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
Meh. Hunter's online sucked because it was extremely unbalanced, what with the draining character and the sniping character. No online is fine for me.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Most Nintendo fanboys are retarted. Games without online blow in value.This is coming from a Sheep by the way.
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NobuoMusicMaker
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_Link50"]I would rather the singleplayer be 10+ hours longer than there be online. And standard online generation? What the hell about bioshock? I suppose that's perfectly fine though huh? :roll:Verge_6

Explain MP and MP2's score then?

What Gamecube game had online? Just like Wii has its own graphics category because they are last gen, MP and MP2 are compared to its standards of the time.

MGS 3 the most important thing was they fixed the camera

the multiplayer sucked

NorthlandMan

The camera was meant for the multiplayer. I thought the camera use for the singleplayer was ruining the stealth element quite a bit.

Well personally I see lock on aiming as being extremely hard to translate to competitive multiplayer. Peter_Darkstar

That's why you don't have lock on aiming anymore. I thought that's what the Wiimote was all about.

Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Peter_Darkstar
MP3 does have lock on aiming in single player from what I've read. I'll do a little research quick or maybe someone can back me up.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NorthlandMan

The camera was meant for the multiplayer. I thought the camera use for the singleplayer was ruining the stealth element quite a bit.

NobuoMusicMaker

I'd disagree. The new camera options amde things alot simpler and more intiuitive rather than the dated obstructive camera of MGS3. A janky camera is never a good thing. Factor in the difficultyl evels and the extras and it's no surprise that MGS3 subsistence was the best version.

A crap multiplayer mode helps nothing. Look at Metroid Prime 2, the multiplayer was useless

haunt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 haunt9
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts

MP3 does have lock on aiming in single player from what I've read. I'll do a little research quick or maybe someone can back me up.Peter_Darkstar

I believe theres two settings, one with lock on and an "expert" setting.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Here's a list of games without online multiplayer (or at least online multiplayer that people played):

• Chrono Cross
  • Zelda: OoT
  • Oblivion
  • Resident Evil 4
  • MGS2
  • Banjo Tooie
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Deus Ex
  • Thief
  • KOTOR
  • Fallout

They seem to have done alright for themselves.

Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Peter_Darkstar

[QUOTE="Peter_Darkstar"]MP3 does have lock on aiming in single player from what I've read. I'll do a little research quick or maybe someone can back me up.haunt9

I believe theres two settings, one with lock on and an "expert" setting.

Interesting, I'm really looking forward to mastering this game on the hard difficulty :)

Although I'm still waiting for reviews before I go out and buy a Wii.

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

yea they know

the flop is coming august 27

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption should not have online or offline multiplayer. If you've played MP2's multiplayer, you'd know that it really sucked and that Retro Studios shouldn't have put it in. Metroid Prime 3 was not given online gameplay for a reason, and that reason is because theMetroid Prime series (with the exception of Hunters) is not meant to have multiplayer of any kind. MP2's multiplayer was so off base that it seemed more experimental than a fully-functioned multiplayer experience. Implementing online would be even worse because you'd probably have to use friend codes anyway, so why even bother?

I don't see why anyone would hope for MP3 to have online gameplay unless they were trying to win an argument with some Halo fanatic, Nintendo hater, or someone who will ONLY play online multiplayer games and is too stubborn to play any other type of game that doesn't have an online gameplay option.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
putting down online means you have no friends. self owned
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#22 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
I say it's a good thing and not so they can focus more on the SP, Retro has already shown us they can handle that, but more over b/c I don't really care to have MP in a Metroid title to begin with.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

yea they know

The date I'm leaving the GS forums is coming august 27

tree-branch
fixed for truth
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Most Nintendo fanboys are retarted. Games without online blow in value.This is coming from a Sheep by the way.UssjTrunks

Actually, they don't.

I'm really getting sick of this crap. I've been playing games for around 17 years and the only games I've played online are those on my computer. I've never played a single console game online. Why? Because it's not important. It wasn't important to me when I was playing on an NES and it's not important to me when I'm playing on my Wii. And though I will probably finally subscribe to X-Box Live when I get a 360, I still won't buy games only for multiplayer.

Is online a nice feature? It's a great feature, but every single game does not need it. If you would only buy a Metroid Prime game with multiplayer then you don't need to be playing Metroid Prime games in the first place. Metroid games will always be about the single player. Always.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

Your best reason is: "Retro will focus on the singleplayer. The singleplayer is the most important. Multiplayer is impossible with MP."

Metal Gear Solid 3 was considered flop as it got an 8.7. It had excellent gameplay and the most endearing stories. The boss fights were the most epic boss fights in all of gaming with various ways to beat the bosses and to beat the levels. No one was even thinking of online gaming for this single person stealth action. MGS had always been a one man army saves all.

However...

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence came along. It had 5 modes to play with and hosts up to 8 players. Kojima also fixed the camera so it would work for online multiplayer. The game, one and a few months old, got an upgrade 9.0 taking it from AA to AAA status. No one expected such a single-player driven game to have multiplayer. And when it does, that extra bit makes the game much better.

Now how can Metroid Prime 3 not have multiplayer? The functionality can completely work from my perspective. In this standard online generation, Metroid Prime 3's no online is lack of development.

NobuoMusicMaker
My point EXACTLY Nobuo. Nintendo is too chicken to put multiplayer into one of its big franchises. If Sony could do it, why not Nintendo?
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

However...

ChiefFreeman

My point EXACTLY Nobuo. Nintendo is too chicken to put multiplayer into one of its big franchises. If Sony could do it, why not Nintendo?

You mean Konami.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
i'm sick of games needing multiplayer feature just to be more appealing. most games that have great single player experience don't need multiplayer. i hate multiplayer games because of lack of story, senseless fighting. i'm a hermit and i despise social interactions in gaming especially with gamers who are disrespectful. its just a hindrance for me in gaming. stop proposing making games with great single player games with multiplayer feature to enjoy fully because it does not need it. These are all my opinions of course.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NorthlandMan

My point EXACTLY Nobuo. Nintendo is too chicken to put multiplayer into one of its big franchises. If Sony could do it, why not Nintendo?ChiefFreeman

Considering that every topic you make mindles bashes th Wii and you've never had anything sensible to say about the console your opinions arent worth jack son

Also Konami made MGS not Sony genius

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

i'm sick of games needing multiplayer feature just to be more appealing. most games that have great single player experience don't need multiplayer. i hate multiplayer games because of lack of story, senseless fighting. i'm a hermit and i despise social interactions in gaming especially with gamers who are disrespectful. its just a hindrance for me in gaming. stop proposing making games with great single player games with multiplayer feature to enjoy fully because it does not need it. These are all my opinions of course.lordlors
This is why I rarely play online games without friends.

I'll admit it. I'm not good at video games in general. They kick my ass. A lot.

Now. There are millions of people in the world that don't get their asses kicked by video games.

I fight them, I lose badly, and they use the two words I hate the most. "Owned" and "noob". I can't stand hearing that. It doesn't bug me in the sense that "urgh you insulted me urgh!", it's just hearing people say that sounds so retarded to me. And 80% of the internet uses it all the damn time. Losing to someone who's obviously better at the game is fine to me, I just really hate hearing **** like that.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

According to Greg Kasavin's review of the original version of Metal Gear Solid 3, the two *weaker* factors which prevented the game from reaching AAA status were the gameplay and the value, both of which were addressed in Subsistence with the added camera control and the wealth of special features on offer. Multiplayer could have been a shifting factor too, but it seems clear that Subsistence probably would have scored 9.0 anyway, even without its inclusion. Thus, your ownage is denied in my opinion.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="lordlors"]i'm sick of games needing multiplayer feature just to be more appealing. most games that have great single player experience don't need multiplayer. i hate multiplayer games because of lack of story, senseless fighting. i'm a hermit and i despise social interactions in gaming especially with gamers who are disrespectful. its just a hindrance for me in gaming. stop proposing making games with great single player games with multiplayer feature to enjoy fully because it does not need it. These are all my opinions of course.nyoroism

Now. There are millions of people in the world that don't get their asses kicked by video games.

I fight them, I lose badly, and they use the two words I hate the most. "Owned" and "noob". I can't stand hearing that. It doesn't bug me in the sense that "urgh you insulted me urgh!", it's just hearing people say that sounds so retarded to me. And 80% of the internet uses it all the damn time. Losing to someone who's obviously better at the game is fine to me, I just really hate hearing **** like that.

we have the same feeling my friend.

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
Multiplayer wouldn't hurt, but its hardly anything to base your purchase upon.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
[QUOTE="nyoroism"]

[QUOTE="lordlors"]i'm sick of games needing multiplayer feature just to be more appealing. most games that have great single player experience don't need multiplayer. i hate multiplayer games because of lack of story, senseless fighting. i'm a hermit and i despise social interactions in gaming especially with gamers who are disrespectful. its just a hindrance for me in gaming. stop proposing making games with great single player games with multiplayer feature to enjoy fully because it does not need it. These are all my opinions of course.lordlors

we have the same feeling my friend.

Amen. Hell, doesn't even matter if you win. If you win, you're called cheap, or a hacker, or unskilled for using a lame tactic. Most people seem to play multiplayer to WIN, not for FUN.

MellowMight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MellowMight
Member since 2006 • 1651 Posts
Metroid Prime is not meant for multiplayer. They tried in MP2 and itwas straight garbage.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

So I guess MGS4 is gonna flop too. Oh well.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
If they did include online,it would not only lack the quality of the single player campaign,but it would also detract from the single player quality itself.Metroid is just not suited for online.I would rather have them focus on polishing up the single player campaign,and give us an excellent single player experience that we would expect from Metroid than add a half-hearted online mode and have it detract from the single player.
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChiefFreeman

[QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"] My point EXACTLY Nobuo. Nintendo is too chicken to put multiplayer into one of its big franchises. If Sony could do it, why not Nintendo?NorthlandMan

Considering that every topic you make mindles bashes th Wii and you've never had anything sensible to say about the console your opinions arent worth jack son

Oh great, a troll who likes to follow me in the message threads. And my opinions are wirth FAR more than yours....son.
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
[QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]

[QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"] My point EXACTLY Nobuo. Nintendo is too chicken to put multiplayer into one of its big franchises. If Sony could do it, why not Nintendo?ChiefFreeman

Oh great, a troll who likes to follow me in the message threads. And my opinions are wirth FAR more than yours....son.

Such arrogance. :roll:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Subsistence's multiplayer had an incredibly high learning curve and really poor controls. It was not the "greatest" of online experiences you could have had on consoles last-gen. It was mediocre at best, IMO.

As for Prime, the game in multiplayer would NOT work. I do not understand why I must reiterate this point so often but here it goes...

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metroidprime2/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

The Bad - Multiplayer is a little bland

Despite the addition of a middling and somewhat unnecessary multiplayer component...

It's too bad the multiplayer doesn't add a whole lot to Echoes, but the game would still be superb with no multiplayer at all.

Strangely, Echoes has a multiplayer component with a handful of maps for up to four players, but it's unfortunately not up to the single-player game's quality and seems a little incongruous with the solitary, adventure-driven spirit of the Metroid series.Prime 2 Review

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/dsmetroidprimehunters/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

The Bad - Level design is limited and linear - Bosses repeat - Online matches against random players are limited to battle mode.

Bland level design keeps the single-player from being as good as it could have been.Prime Hunters Review

http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/features/119708.shtml

GamePro: Will Metroid Prime 3 have any online modes?

Michael Kelbeugh: No. It's something we talked about early on, but we only have so many resources. We opted to devote those resources to making a better single-player experience.

This game was supposed to be out earlier. What prompted the delay, and what did the extra time allow you?

Well, there was never a set date for the game's release, but there was a target date. Mr. [Satoru] Iwata [President of Nintendo] challenged us last fall to make this equal to, if not exceeding, the Zelda experience. And he said he would support it by giving us more time. It was, "Here's the bar. What is it going to take to reach it?" And the obvious answer was, "Well, we're going to need more time." And he agreed.

So it's all your fault....

Ha! Well, you'll reap the rewards, I'll guarantee.

As for what we added, that's kind of a tough question. I can't say, from a geometry standpoint, that we added this room or we added that boss. It wasn't a matter of "We have to add this element." We had the foundation of the game, it was more the cIassic Nintendo scenario of refinements and polish. So what we now have is an extremely polished, extremely tight experience.GamePro Interview with Retro

I myself would much rather have a quality single-player experience and no multiplayer, then a mediocre singleplayer that fails to deliver the same quality as the previous two titles because Retro spent too much time delivering us an unneeded and extremely lackluster multiplayer.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChiefFreeman
Then I suppose there is no point in having the Wii online enabled.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Then I suppose there is no point in having the Wii online enabled.ChiefFreeman

Yes there is. Battalion Wars 2 is coming out a month after Prime 3 and will have full online play.
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

so now all games have to have to be multi-player compatible with online?

just because game are able to have on-line multi-player these days, doesn't mean every games HAS to have it.

games during the N64 era had multi-player capabilities. with the power of the 64 and additional controller ports, any game had the capabilities to support a 4-way multi-player aspect of some sort. and for many games, multi-player added a new and fun aspect of gameplay that generated more fun and re-playability from games. however, you didn't hear everybody complaining about "no multiplayer!:cry:" when zelda OOT dropped and scored a perfect 10. nor did PS1 fans cry about no multiplayer when FF VII dropped and became a major hit with no multiplayer. some games back then just weren't meant to be multiplayer games - even though the technology was available to give them multiplayer components.

same thing applies to games today. just because games today have the capabilities to have an online multiplayer component, doesn't mean that all games have to have it since some just aren't meant to be multiplayer games.

anybody who knows the metroid franchise knows that metroid is a single player experience. its about exploring the unknown, problem solving, and discovering new areas on your own - not about shooting up and blasting online oponents in a 32+ player death match. thats what unreal tournament is for.

MP2's multipalyer sucked....know why? because shooting your opponents up with only an arm cannon as your choice of weaponry doesnt' really work with multiplayer shooting games.....netiher would scanning oppenents, switching visors, or worst of all - locking on to opponents. yet all of these components were what made the metroid single palyer what it was. now maybe the multiplayer would be fun if the whole engine was revamped so that there was no lockdown, more weapons, no scanning or visors, etc......but that would be like creating a whole new game on its own just to emmulate a halo/unreal experience - which doesn't make much sense to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Concerning Metal Gear Solid 3: Re-releasing a game with more features and gameplay tweaks doesn't necessarily mean a higher score.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/devilmaycry3/index.html?tag=result;title;1

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/devilmaycry3specialedition/index.html?tag=result;title;3

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening: 8.6

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition: 8.2

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Why doesn't it have co-op? I can't think of too many adventure co-op titles, yet it seems like the perfect genre to have a buddy tag along in. They could take the original singleplayer experience and alter it slightly. Rather then having a single-person puzzle, throw in the requirement of a second person. Rather then have one Samus, have her duplicate (thus slightly altering the story). Throw in an aggro system and you have heavily team-based combat.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Why doesn't it have co-op? I can't think of too many adventure co-op titles, yet it seems like the perfect genre to have a buddy tag along in. They could take the original singleplayer experience and alter it slightly. Rather then having a single-person puzzle, throw in the requirement of a second person. Rather then have one Samus, have her duplicate (thus slightly altering the story). Throw in an aggro system and you have heavily team-based combat.project343
Her duplicate? You mean Dark Samus? That's the main villain and the entire reason for the game's story happening. I don't think she'd be teaming up with it somehow.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Why doesn't it have co-op? I can't think of too many adventure co-op titles, yet it seems like the perfect genre to have a buddy tag along in. They could take the original singleplayer experience and alter it slightly. Rather then having a single-person puzzle, throw in the requirement of a second person. Rather then have one Samus, have her duplicate (thus slightly altering the story). Throw in an aggro system and you have heavily team-based combat.project343

Samus is a bounty hunter. So no Co-Op.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 project343
I would rather the singleplayer be 10+ hours longer than there be online. And standard online generation? What the hell about bioshock? I suppose that's perfectly fine though huh? :roll:Shadow_Link50

Bioshock is part decision-based RPG with (from what I understand) multiple endings, and various ways to customize your experience. You can play through the 20-30 hour Bioshock experience several times, thus the lack of a multiplayer is understandable.

As a side-note:

According to Ken Levine, he has a fantastic idea for Bioshock multiplayer, so you can expect to see some sort of competitive/cooperative experience in Bioshock 2 (assuming sales are good enough to support a sequel).
JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

lol, i'm sorry but i'm trying to imagine "team-based combat" in metroid, and i can't help but laugh

imagine all the frustration involved in back tracking during online co-op

and before you say it - yes, back tracking is a HUGE part of the metroid series. it makes metroid what it is.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 project343
Her duplicate? You mean Dark Samus? That's the main villain and the entire reason for the game's story happening. I don't think she'd be teaming up with it somehow.
ithilgore2006

No, a similar duplicate. Say, she steps into a chamber and her personality is split in 2. If either Samus dies, the other can't survive. If they can somehow make Samus lose her abilities at the beginning of every Metroid tale, they can find a way to have her split into 2 people.